Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

VOLKS USA Summer Festival 2020

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

Luckily, it was probably just a case of the part not being properly glued on, and it looks like a dot of superglue will solve the issue.

Had the same issue with Altria's glove. I used some JB Qwik Weld to reattach it. Altria's sword wouldn't fit in the hand so I took the opportunity to add in a spacer to widen the grip a bit.

She is so cute in person.

Congrats, and yes she is.

Those people who have her and managed to get that banner on her spear and get her posed with that thing... I salute you.

I've had it on briefly, but it takes mono line strung from a hook on the wall or ceiling.

Altria would take Ruler's costume and Sheryl would take the banner, while Ruler sat there with arms extended going "wait".

Harsh. XD

Ruler looks great in that outfit. It fits her perfectly. She also looks good in all white.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tira
3 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Well, I made a valiant attempt to convince myself I really didn't like or want Ruler.  I tried.  I really, really tried.

She arrived yesterday.  She is so cute in person.

I already broke a piece of armor: one of the hands.  The plate on the back of the hand fell off when the hand fell off the table and onto the carpet.  Luckily, it was probably just a case of the part not being properly glued on, and it looks like a dot of superglue will solve the issue.

Those people who have her and managed to get that banner on her spear and get her posed with that thing... I salute you.  The banner is heavier than the doll with all the armor on.  I had problems just getting it to stay tied on to the stick, and the stick was visibly bending under the weight.  I thought Sheryl might play with it, but that flag went back in the box and likely won't ever come back out.

I need to figure out what to name her.  Yvette?  I like, but it doesn't seem right.  Collette?  Hmmm, something doesn't ring right with that one.  Suzette?  I kind of like that one, but I'm not sure.  I know she's an -ette though.  Definitely something-ette.

---

I had an idea on how to introduce her which I sadly won't be doing.  The first photo would have been of her with her body wrapped in bubble wrap or a cloth for modesty saying how happy she was to be here and she knew she'd get along well with the other residents.  Then Altria and Sheryl would come in.  Ruler would say hello but Altria and Sheryl would ignore her and go rummaging through her box.   Then they'd say "we'll take these."  Altria would take Ruler's costume and Sheryl would take the banner, while Ruler sat there with arms extended going "wait".  The next frame would be Ruler sitting there with her box looted saying, "this is not going as I planned."  The last frame would be Altria tossing the crown thing in front of Ruler and saying, "I don't need this.  You can have it back."

There’s always Jeannette?

Corgi
On 7/22/2020 at 11:42 AM, jadepixel said:

Still waiting on Asuna to ship, she's been waiting for pickup for a week now >.<

USPS is extremely backed up, I'm still waiting for Akira to ship as well since the 14th. Majority if my international orders that was place after my Volks order has already arrived 🤔

jadepixel

Yup, I got the email from Volks about USPS delays a few days ago- not an issue I've run into in my area (so far) but I guess being in CA they're affected. My main concern is that there's been no update since the creation of the tracking number, but I assume my package is in USPS's possession.

I'd be less stressed if I knew Volks still had it! I'm just imagining Asuna languishing in a sweltering warehouse T_T

Corgi

I still haven't figured out when will be enough time to message Volks again. It's almost 15 days now and no scan update. I don't want to wait a month...but I don't want to bother Volks either because it's out of their hands right now. :(

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Aireoko said:

I still haven't figured out when will be enough time to message Volks again.

In terms of Coronavirus LA is really bad off right now. Volks won't fail to ship your package, but they're at the mercy of what the postal service can manage right now. It doesn't help that the LA postal service has to handle an enormous volume of mail coming through the Port of LA from Asia & the South Pacific.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Corgi
10 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

In terms of Coronavirus LA is really bad off right now. Volks won't fail to ship your package, but they're at the mercy of what the postal service can manage right now. It doesn't help that the LA postal service has to handle an enormous volume of mail coming through the Port of LA from Asia & the South Pacific.

Yeah it does seem to be LA post office that's having the problem. Other packages aren't having the same problem so far. I worry about buying more items from volks usa until the post office is back in order.