Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

DDS Kizuna Ai

DreamDollDesign

Thank you! That gives me a tiny bit of hope.

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, DreamDollDesign said:

Have the US orders already been delivered by this point, or are they just starting to go out?

17 minutes ago, toughstermcg said:

I haven't gotten a shipping notice from VolksUSA yet.

It’s usually about two months from time of payment before they arrive at Volks USA. Not sure if this event won’t be a bit longer, because there was a delay of about a month before the winners from the Japan event had their dolls shipped. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DreamDollDesign

Managed to find an auction for her and won. Now that she's here I absolutely love her, but I'm really confounded by her outfit.

Why does Volks keep using this thick pleather fabric? As soon as you put the outfit on her (which is difficult enough as is in conjunction with the body stockings), it starts to crease and looks on the verge of cracking. And it's sooo thick. She's almost impossible to pose or move with it on.

Comparing the material to what was used on Miku's outfit and I don't know why they chose this material for Kizuna Ai. 

Between the weird thick pleather for the outfit, the black head cap on the wig, and the sleeves on the body stocking being at least 2x too long, I'm really wondering what they were thinking. It's like all the magic went into her face sculpt. Which is fine with me lol, but still.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
59 minutes ago, DreamDollDesign said:

and the sleeves on the body stocking being at least 2x too long

Is it one of the new body stockings where you tuck the excess sleeve up into the arm?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DreamDollDesign
19 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Is it one of the new body stockings where you tuck the excess sleeve up into the arm?

Ohh, it must be. I did that to get make the sleeve stay in place while I put the arm warmer type thing on, but didn't realize it was meant to stay in there like that.

That's actually a really good idea then. Thank you for point that out!

Edit: Actually maybe not. I might be doing something wrong, but I can't get the hand into the arm if it's in there.

Edited by DreamDollDesign

BeyondTime
11 hours ago, DreamDollDesign said:

Edit: Actually maybe not. I might be doing something wrong, but I can't get the hand into the arm if it's in there.

Can you post photos?

DreamDollDesign

I've got pictures. Please pardon the desk. It's not dirty, it's stained with Copic ink.

In the third pic only part of the sleeve is in the wrist hole and the peg still won't go in.

Spoiler

thumbnail_IMG_7819.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7820.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7821.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7823.jpg

Edited by DreamDollDesign

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, DreamDollDesign said:

In the third pic only part of the sleeve is in the wrist hole and the peg still won't go in.

Ok, pretty sure that isn't the new type. It looks like the older ones that I have. It shouldn't be that long on the arms though.

DreamDollDesign
31 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Ok, pretty sure that isn't the new type. It looks like the older ones that I have. It shouldn't be that long on the arms though.

Good to know. Thanks for confirming for me. Luckily her sleeves hide the bulk for the most part, but there's a lot of unavoidable scrunch around her armpits too. I'll just get her another one eventually.

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, DreamDollDesign said:

but there's a lot of unavoidable scrunch around her armpits too

If it’s the standard DD bodysuit, then it’s going to be a bit baggy on DDS. I don’t think the extra arm length is normal, but it’s been awhile since I put a Volks bodysuit on a DDS

I would probably pull as much of it up under the sleeve parts as you can before putting the sleeves on so the extra is out of sight. 

hanasori

My Kizuna Ai. I'm tempted to call her Honoka with this wig. 😂 She's just borrowing it from my other girl for now. I need to change out her eyes to another pair but it's been so long that I got a new doll that I forgot how. Something about freezing the head is all I remember lol.

20201220_001029.jpg

• Like 8

CrazyDollPerson

Is 90,000 yen a good price for her? I am so tempted to buy her, but not sure if I should wait for a better price, or if this is as good as it gets.

finnleo
25 minutes ago, CrazyDollPerson said:

Is 90,000 yen a good price

I am going to assume we are talking about Mandarake prices so there are a few things to consider here. That price has a ~45% markup, as Ai retailed at a relatively low 62k. And Manda is never really the cheapest place for brand new in box stuff, as you can witness by their Sailor Mercury listing that is more than you would need to pay Volks at the moment who still has Mercury in stock.

Unless they get a used and stained example I dont really see their pricing going down, as that 90k is steady across three different locations -- also its Kizuna Ai.

Can you find her cheaper? YJA is an option, but there you will need to keep in mind all the auction handling fee's, and as a rough estimate, unless you get her brand new in box from an auction for less than 75k yen, depending on the auction proxy the end price before shipping to you might be the same as youd pay for the manda one's. (I have no idea what she goes for there, because that route became too much of a hastle for me personally to declare at the customs.)

If it has to be Ai without compromise, Personally I might wait out for a slightly dinged example for slightly less.

if the character isnt a must but you are open to something similar, but not quite ... Freya, Uzuki V2 and Mercury can be still bought from Volks for under ~72k

• Like 1

CrazyDollPerson
23 minutes ago, finnleo said:

I am going to assume we are talking about Mandarake prices so there are a few things to consider here. That price has a ~45% markup, as Ai retailed at a relatively low 62k. And Manda is never really the cheapest place for brand new in box stuff, as you can witness by their Sailor Mercury listing that is more than you would need to pay Volks at the moment who still has Mercury in stock.

Unless they get a used and stained example I dont really see their pricing going down, as that 90k is steady across three different locations -- also its Kizuna Ai.

Can you find her cheaper? YJA is an option, but there you will need to keep in mind all the auction handling fee's, and as a rough estimate, unless you get her brand new in box from an auction for less than 75k yen, depending on the auction proxy the end price before shipping to you might be the same as youd pay for the manda one's. (I have no idea what she goes for there, because that route became too much of a hastle for me personally to declare at the customs.)

If it has to be Ai without compromise, Personally I might wait out for a slightly dinged example for slightly less.

if the character isnt a must but you are open to something similar, but not quite ... Freya, Uzuki V2 and Mercury can be still bought from Volks for under ~72k

Thanks for the info, I am never sure about secondary pricing for these. I didn't even realize that Freya and Mercury were still available, I mainly wanted Kizuna specifically for her wig and outfit (although I don't think it will hold up well over time, so I am better off going with a different doll considering the price. I have never ordered off the Volks Japan site, so maybe I need to figure that out! 

Edited by CrazyDollPerson
adding something

finnleo
14 minutes ago, CrazyDollPerson said:

I mainly wanted Kizuna specifically for her wig and outfit

mmm, Well Manda apparently had sold the fullset outfit including wig and bodystockings for 20k  ... compared to that their current listing of just the top, pants, boots, and armcovers for 15k doesent really seem like good value.

the pleather is a thing, but dunno does the wig fare much better... I seem to recall pictures where the pink strand had pretty much blended into the rest of the wig in some cases, so might also be a high maintenance item.

the outfit might be something that could be found easier on the auction block... but is a hastle of its own.

• Like 1

CrazyDollPerson
1 minute ago, finnleo said:

mmm, Well Manda apparently had sold the fullset outfit including wig and bodystockings for 20k  ... compared to that their current listing of just the top, pants, boots, and armcovers for 15k doesent really seem like good value.

the pleather is a thing, but dunno does the wig fare much better... I seem to recall pictures where the pink strand had pretty much blended into the rest of the wig in some cases, so might also be a high maintenance item.

the outfit might be something that could be found easier on the auction block... but is a hastle of its own.

I think it is more the overall look of the doll, not necessarly the outfit and wig on their own. I think I am better off waiting for maybe a re-release or a better price. I do worry about the outfit breaking down, and I have been researching and apparently the wig stains. I don't really worry about wig stains unless it is on the face, but I just looked to see what Volks Japan has available and I like 3 different dolls and they are definitely in a better price range. I would have to register and the translation keeps reverting back to Japanese any time I click something lol

I need to figure out how to order from them, I will see if it lets me register, but I thought for some reason that the Japan site didn't allow sales to the US?

OccultBeast
26 minutes ago, CrazyDollPerson said:

I mainly wanted Kizuna specifically for her wig and outfit

You can find individuals selling Kizuna's full outfit with wig for around $100 to $150.  Here's one I was able to dig up on Insta that's (presumably) still available for $130.

• Like 1

CrazyDollPerson
8 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

You can find individuals selling Kizuna's full outfit with wig for around $100 to $150.  Here's one I was able to dig up on Insta that's (presumably) still available for $130.

Thank you <3 When I say I mainly wanted her outfit and wig, I meant the whole aesthetic on the doll. I picked Kizuna Ai because of the outfit and wig if that makes sense?

There are other dolls I actually like more, but not so much their fullset. I went hunting to see if the doll was available anywhere and I found one on Mandarke and was curious if that was a good price or not. I guess the issue is finding a doll with an outfit I like all together, but the more I see of the issues with the outfit I think I am definitely better off waiting, or picking a different doll.

OccultBeast
4 minutes ago, CrazyDollPerson said:

Thank you <3 When I say I mainly wanted her outfit and wig, I meant the whole aesthetic on the doll. I picked Kizuna Ai because of the outfit and wig if that makes sense?

There are other dolls I actually like more, but not so much their fullset. I went hunting to see if the doll was available anywhere and I found one on Mandarke and was curious if that was a good price or not. I guess the issue is finding a doll with an outfit I like all together, but the more I see of the issues with the outfit I think I am definitely better off waiting, or picking a different doll.

That's understandable~  I think waiting for the 'right' doll is a good method to take if you don't want to 'build' your own.  Hopefully she comes to you soon!

24 minutes ago, CrazyDollPerson said:

I need to figure out how to order from them, I will see if it lets me register, but I thought for some reason that the Japan site didn't allow sales to the US?

You definitely can order from Volks JP!  There are some items that are basically 'Members Only' which you can buy a GL Membership to purchase (which is like $8 a year), but otherwise you can buy pretty much anything off of the JP site and have it shipped to you in the US.  The only items you can't have shipped are things like sealant sprays, Dream Rescue (I think), etc, because they're classified as 'hazardous materials' and can't be shipped.  You have to buy those through Volks US instead.

• Like 1

CrazyDollPerson
41 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

That's understandable~  I think waiting for the 'right' doll is a good method to take if you don't want to 'build' your own.  Hopefully she comes to you soon!

You definitely can order from Volks JP!  There are some items that are basically 'Members Only' which you can buy a GL Membership to purchase (which is like $8 a year), but otherwise you can buy pretty much anything off of the JP site and have it shipped to you in the US.  The only items you can't have shipped are things like sealant sprays, Dream Rescue (I think), etc, because they're classified as 'hazardous materials' and can't be shipped.  You have to buy those through Volks US instead.

I was just looking at the GL membership, it is pretty reasonable, I may go that route if I see a doll I really want!

OccultBeast
1 minute ago, CrazyDollPerson said:

I was just looking at the GL membership, it is pretty reasonable, I may go that route if I see a doll I really want!

Just be sure that you need to buy the GL membership before you do!  It will have this little symbol if you have to have it in order to buy: icon_member_gl.png?timestamp=1590040393000  Not all of the dolls need a membership to purchase, but if you do, you won't be able to add it to your cart unless you've already purchased the membership.

Also, if you do end up needing it, you'll have to buy the GL membership by itself the day before, as they have to process the purchase and update your account to reflect your Member Rank as "VOLKS GLOBAL Membership."  Then, once your account says you're a Global Member, you can add the GL membership item(s) to your cart and purchase as normal!  They don't email you to say your account has been updated, so remember to check~

• Like 1

CrazyDollPerson
2 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

Just be sure that you need to buy the GL membership before you do!  It will have this little symbol if you have to have it in order to buy: icon_member_gl.png?timestamp=1590040393000  Not all of the dolls need a membership to purchase, but if you do, you won't be able to add it to your cart unless you've already purchased the membership.

Also, if you do end up needing it, you'll have to buy the GL membership by itself the day before, as they have to process the purchase and update your account to reflect your Member Rank as "VOLKS GLOBAL Membership."  Then, once your account says you're a Global Member, you can add the GL membership item(s) to your cart and purchase as normal!  They don't email you to say your account has been updated, so remember to check~

Oh goodness! Thank you for this information!! I wouldn't have known otherwise, buying can be so tricky lol

• Like 1

DreamDollDesign

@CrazyDollPerson Just so you know, there are several available on Yahoo auctions right now, running from $750-$850. :] I hope you can find her! 

• Like 1

CrazyDollPerson
39 minutes ago, DreamDollDesign said:

@CrazyDollPerson Just so you know, there are several available on Yahoo auctions right now, running from $750-$850. :] I hope you can find her! 

I have never used Yahoo auctions, I am intimidated by it honestly 😬