Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

blossom

Body Suit vs Body Stocking

blossom

Hello!! Itโ€™s me again- ๐Ÿ˜น

i have an existential question.. which one is better between the volks ย body stocking and the volks body suit?? As a recent DD collector, i of course get very worried about clothes staining my dolls.. i have not use anything to protect my MDD yet as i only let her wear white and pastel clothing until now! But for my DDP iโ€™m really considering getting one because she will have pop colored clothes sometimes(?) i guess.. iโ€™m not ready to let them wear black, red, navy clothes yet though ๐Ÿ˜น

and i actually like the body stocking more because itโ€™s more discrete and can be hidden well but does it protect from staining as well as the body suit??ย 
i really donโ€™t like the kinda turtle neckย and sleeves on the body suit.. but if it works better i might as well take that and maybe modify it ๐Ÿค”

please give me some advice! ^ ^

๐•“๐•๐• ๐•ค๐•ค๐• ๐•ž๐••๐• ๐•๐•๐•š๐•–๐•คย ๊’ฐ ๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐‘”๐‘œย ๐•„๐”ป๐”ปย เผ˜โ™กเผ‰ย ๊’ฑ

๐•จ๐•’๐•š๐•ฅ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ ย ย ๊’ฐย ๐’œ๐“‡๐“Š๐“‡๐“Š ๐”ป๐”ปโ„™ย ๊’ฑ

*เฌ˜(เฉญ*หŠแต•ห‹)เฉญ*ย เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš

engelinvitro

They're literally what they say they are... to put it bluntlyย ๐Ÿ˜…

The body stockings aren't as opaque as the tights so you'll still see some of the original vinyl color as opposed to the latter, which is good to me because they don't look very obvious.ย The tights' fabric may have some color differences, which I assume is per batch made, and they can be a little noticeable (my MDD tights are more on the yellow side for some reason). In terms of staining prevention, I don't think it'll be as good due to the sheer material.ย 

On the other hand the tights provide better protection, with the drawback being that turtleneck cut you mentioned. What I usually do when I put on clothes revealingย the neckline/collarbones is I foldย and tie the top half of the bodysuit around the waist. It's something I picked up from Orchid Dolls from their IG live.

Even though tights are the better option, it won't completely save your doll either. The dye from one of my doll's socks stained the body suit,ย seeped right through it,ย and got onย the heels of his feet. I did have him standing for a few days so the pull of gravity pressed the fabric onto the vinyl. It may be a different case if your doll were sitting etc.

Didn't mean to get too wordy on this, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents since I have both.

Edited by mionnaise
  • Like 1

blossom

Thank you so much for that detailed answer!! My worries about the stockings compared to the suit was exactly that! But i didnโ€™t expect that clothes could still stain through it ๐Ÿ˜ฐย 

thank you for the body suit folding advice! I have seen Orchid Dollsโ€™ insta but never saw that tip ^ ^ i probably didnโ€™t watch the video she did it in!ย 
ย 

iโ€™ll probably be getting the suits then!ย 

• Like 1

๐•“๐•๐• ๐•ค๐•ค๐• ๐•ž๐••๐• ๐•๐•๐•š๐•–๐•คย ๊’ฐ ๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐‘”๐‘œย ๐•„๐”ป๐”ปย เผ˜โ™กเผ‰ย ๊’ฑ

๐•จ๐•’๐•š๐•ฅ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ ย ย ๊’ฐย ๐’œ๐“‡๐“Š๐“‡๐“Š ๐”ป๐”ปโ„™ย ๊’ฑ

engelinvitro

No problem!

I'm relieved most of the staining happened on the body suit, if anything, but it wouldn't come off no matter how many times I washed it. I hadย to buy a replacement T__T

• Sad 1

blossom

Aww.. thatโ€™s really unfortunate.. so even with the body suit itโ€™s a bad idea to keep dark clothes/shoes on for a long time ๐Ÿค”

now iโ€™m stuck because the body suits look so much darker.. my dolls have normal skin but the suit looks tan? And especially the DDP one.. maybe iโ€™m looking at the wrong color ๐Ÿ˜น

engelinvitro

It's a gamble whether you get a good match or not, though it's really not as bad at it sounds.

I took photos of my body suits/tights if it helps.

IMG-3776.jpg

Here's what I mean by my MDD tights being on the yellower side.
IMG-3777.jpg

Edit: Forgot to mention they're all Flesh skin.

Edited by mionnaise
  • Like 1

blossom

Thank you for the picture! It does seem less dark than what iโ€™ve seen yesterday so i guess iโ€™ll go with the flesh one!ย 

I also saw they have a separate body suit for DDP but itโ€™s out of stock where i wanna get it, since you own the MDD bodysuit do you think it would work on DDP too or is it too tight? ๐Ÿค”

engelinvitro

I donโ€™t have a DDP body so I canโ€™t try it out, sadly. ๐Ÿ˜”ย Iโ€™m assuming it wouldnโ€™t fit because of the longer limbs, and I wouldnโ€™t stretch the body suit any more than it allows or youโ€™ll risk ripping the seams.

• Like 1

blossom

No problem~! I was kinda thinking it out loud ๐Ÿ˜น but if you feel itโ€™s already tight enough on MDD then i shouldnโ€™t risk it for sure > < hopefully it gets restocked soon enough!ย 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
On 8/1/2020 at 2:24 PM, blossom said:

My worries about the stockings compared to the suit was exactly that! But i didnโ€™t expect that clothes could still stain through it

I have both kinds, and I find the stocking is good for outfits that have less stain potential but I still don't want to risk them on the doll without protection.

The stocking has the advantage of looking and fitting more like stockings or hose, so it looks nicer with the outfits.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

โ€œEmpty wallets, full hearts.โ€ Thatโ€™s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

blossom

Thatโ€™s why i wanted to get the stocking at first because it looks more natural but i guess iโ€™ll buy the suits first since they will protect my dolls more and eventually iโ€™ll get the stockings for smaller protection like you said! Thank you ^ ^