Baldylox

battrastard

Migon

Salica

Sign in to follow this  
Manaphyyy

Celia's got a new face! (SmD Genesis)

Manaphyyy

I was very nervous to wipe her default faceup (even if I have a specific idea for a doll, I feel so bad wiping someone else's work), but I'm really happy with how she ultimately turned out. In general, I tend towards more stylized faceups anyway, but this was my first time doing one this anime-esque.

50243832347_1b88083152_z.jpg20200815_014929 by Manaphyyy, on Flickr

This was the first attempt, which I wiped pretty quickly. The way I did her eyes made them look pretty far apart and her smile was a bit too flat/wide. I also tried giving her nostrils to try and have her fit in more with my resin girls, but it looked a bit uncanny so I ended up not doing that the second time.

50243623576_5b0226a348_z.jpg20200817_004627 by Manaphyyy, on Flickr

50242986943_805756934d_z.jpg20200818_214632 by Manaphyyy, on Flickr

After looking for a few more examples closer to what I wanted, I started again, and this is what I ended up with. I'm not 100% satisfied with the eyebrows, but they're mostly hidden so it's not the end of the world (she'll probably get a new faceup again eventually anyway). I'm always learning with faceups, and I'm glad Celia looks more like I want her to now. 💖

Bonus silly headless shot:

Spoiler

50243832077_4f55953b73_z.jpg20200815_184301 by Manaphyyy, on Flickr

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Manaphyyy
On 8/21/2020 at 11:05 PM, KingyoNingyo said:

I love her new faceup so much!

Thanks! 💖

On 8/22/2020 at 5:37 PM, Katsudon said:

So pretty! ;o; oh no I shouldn't have looked at the customisation forum because it's really showing me the potential of these dolls. You've done an excellent job :3 she's gorgeous!

Thanks! I have a few dolls with default faces, but they just feel so much more "mine" when I do their faceups, etc. 

Manaphyyy

So I ended up redoing Celia's faceup--I have a few wigs I'd like her to wear, and the blue eyebrows were a bit limiting. It's pretty much identical to the previous faceup except for the eyebrows, and I tried to make the line work a bit more varied and delicate.

50374275087_a9d77055f8_z.jpg20200922_010452 by Manaphyyy, on Flickr

I'm not usually a fan of thin eyebrows like this, but I think they work well for her. 😄

• Like 1

Manaphyyy
5 hours ago, daydreammoment said:

I really like what you did.  I just bought 2 Chaos heads and I am planning what to do. Of course, I don't know what skin tone they are yet. 🤪

Ooo nice! May the dolly gods bless you with good luck and inspiration 🙏