The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Rinku

Getting apoxie sculpt to stay on dollfie dream?

Rinku

So i was thinking but i’m not sure, would it be possibe to get apoxie sculpt to stick to the vinyl if i molded it roughly, let it dry aside, glued it back on and sanded it? I’m not exactly sure how it’d work since i’ve never modded a head but i’m interested in seeing if this would work.

MoonyKat

I’ve never personally modded a head but usually I just see people sculpting directly onto the head.  If the apoxie isn’t sticking directly to the vinyl you could try sanding the area you want to stick apoxie onto, you would need to be carefully not to sand too big of an area though

• Thanks 1

Silent

With barbies and mattel dolls it works. Dolightful prettey often does modding with epoxy yculpt. Not sure how might it work with dollfies.

• Like 1

hellFlower

I don't think that would work very well unless it was something you intend to be removable, like the insides of those open mouth mods people do, or something that would be normally covered, like elf ears.

You'd likely have a fairly obvious seam line between the epoxy putty and the vinyl, even with sanding. I imagine it would also be pretty hard to apply enough pressure to sand the epoxy without the mod breaking off. You'd be much better off letting the epoxy cure on the vinyl, it'll be more permanent (though in my experience epoxy putties will crack off if the vinyl is soft enough) but the mod would also look better as a result.

• Thanks 1

Poofiemus

Apoxie Sculpt is pretty sticky, especially when you first mix it. There should be no issue getting it to stick to a DD head.

I can verify from my own experiments that Sculpy and Fimo also stick if you blend in the edges enough, but thebpaler colors atent particularly color stable during baking so you often still have to paint it just like you would Apoxie Sculpt.

• Thanks 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.