Baldylox

miraclelovely

1/1 Papermoon Chii

Meowjima

...... there is a 1:1 Asuka.  👀

• Like 1

MagicantAce

Hhgngn.. So BIG.

Recently I learned Obitsu makes a 1:1 scale body and that was nuts to me. Now I'm feeling as exasperated as I was then!

She is cute though.

• Like 1

Cydril

Holy wow she is so cool!! I never heard of these. I wonder what happened to them all over the years. id love to have one of those ones with the molded hair 😄

• Like 1

sinclair

I remember coming across papermoon dolls a while ago, finding those photos from dannychoo, but that was it.  I couldn't find any info on sales or how to get one.  So glad someone here got one.  If I had come across Chii's sale I might have jumped.  So please post more photos of her, and how she poses, and any history you can.  I've been wanting a bigger doll for a while.  Something like a 4 foot tall Miku would be to die for.

• Like 1

sinclair

Double posted as the forum didn't load right.

Now to take advantage of this, here is a photo I cam across that led me to Papermoon.  I was trying to find more info on the doll in the middle.

Image preview

Edited by sinclair
  • Like 1

Gallye

Looking at Papermoon's website, it looks like they're opening a small display hall of their figures:

http://pmoonr.jp/english/

If I'm reading that correctly, you can also make an appointment to sit down with them and design your very own full-sized doll girl. I imagine that's... pricy. 😅

• Like 2

miraclelovely
On 3/4/2021 at 10:59 PM, Chilmark said:

Her wig has held up amazingly well over the years for kanekalon! If you ever wanna replace it with one similar to the original but in an easily-detangled fiber, Assist Cosplay's premium wig line has an ultra super long style ("moon ash" is a good color match) and it's wayyyyy easier to manage than pre-HRF wig hair. It'd just need the bangs trimmed.

Thank you for sharing her with us, I remember being a smol teenager admiring Paper Moon via DoA and it makes me happy to know she continues to wander through the hobby~

i'll definitely think about getting that wig for her, it does look like a great match! probably also going to get some other shorter wigs just for more casual times when i wanna maybe photoshoot her or something. her original wig is doing great though... tangles like crazy, but untangles fairly easily thankfully.

On 3/5/2021 at 9:59 AM, Tasuke said:

those last photos youve included of the beat up looking chii are actually photos of the one i own! i bought her from that user on MFC and those were her "listing" photos LOL ^^

miraclelovely
On 3/5/2021 at 2:35 PM, Meowjima said:

...... there is a 1:1 Asuka.  👀

yes! and Rei, and some Sabers and Sakura and Ruri! there's quite a few Paper Moon dolls ^^ actually, just a few days ago they announced a new version of Rei from Evangelion- so i can only assume Asuka will follow after. it's been a while since they've said anything so i'm actually stoked to see them returning. unfortunately, the Rei is priced at around $18K LOL.

On 3/5/2021 at 8:28 PM, MagicantAce said:

Hhgngn.. So BIG.

Recently I learned Obitsu makes a 1:1 scale body and that was nuts to me. Now I'm feeling as exasperated as I was then!

She is cute though.

she is VERY BIG LOL. unfortunately, she's made the rest of my collection feel tiny now T_T even my giant dollfie is no match for Chii.

On 3/6/2021 at 4:39 AM, Cydril said:

Holy wow she is so cool!! I never heard of these. I wonder what happened to them all over the years. id love to have one of those ones with the molded hair 😄

she's certainly neat! and they've actually just returned a few days ago with a new doll ^^ the molded hair ones are amazing imo tho, really digging the aesthetic of them

On 3/8/2021 at 8:53 PM, sinclair said:

I remember coming across papermoon dolls a while ago, finding those photos from dannychoo, but that was it.  I couldn't find any info on sales or how to get one.  So glad someone here got one.  If I had come across Chii's sale I might have jumped.  So please post more photos of her, and how she poses, and any history you can.  I've been wanting a bigger doll for a while.  Something like a 4 foot tall Miku would be to die for.

On 3/8/2021 at 8:53 PM, sinclair said:

Double posted as the forum didn't load right.

Now to take advantage of this, here is a photo I cam across that led me to Papermoon.  I was trying to find more info on the doll in the middle.

Image preview

right! i was digging for more photos and it's really hard to find any. they're mostly on facebook aside from the dannychoo photos. i've been taking ages to post more photos of Chii and more details about her but i've just been busy with life OTL definitely plan to make an in-depth post about her motion range, her joints, and just any other specifics about her. while on the topic, do you have any specific requests of things you'd like me to showcase?

also, unfortunately the image isn't showing up OTL

On 3/9/2021 at 12:03 AM, Gallye said:

Looking at Papermoon's website, it looks like they're opening a small display hall of their figures:

http://pmoonr.jp/english/

If I'm reading that correctly, you can also make an appointment to sit down with them and design your very own full-sized doll girl. I imagine that's... pricy. 😅

i can't even imagine HOW pricy. it's like a luxury dollfie dream choice experience LOL

sinclair

Sigh.  I try to be all modern and do things from my mobile device, but it just doesn't seem to work.  Here is the photo that didn't show.  I'd really love to have the little girl in the middle.

IMG_1702.JPG.acd5b7d33d3873378bef82e565271ab6.JPG

finnleo
20 hours ago, miraclelovely said:

he Rei is priced at around $18K

a bit veering off topic, but I saw an article for the non posable F:nex 1:1 rei at around 16k$ and Im sort of wondering are these folks banking on a few nutty collectors that need to get every peice of official evangelion merch and have the means for it ... since if you are not squeamish about certain things, a ~160cm TPE-based seamless fully posable mannequin with a very respectable faceup and eyes and wigs of your choise can be had for 1000-1500$ depending on the manufacturer and other optionals, and even if that was a tax free price, youd have a good chunk of change left to either purchase or have a custom outfit made for it. Yes, it wont have that Yoshiyuki Sadamoto aesthetic to it... but still..

meef

Hiya, probable original owner of that Paper Moon Chii here. I saw your post last year through a random Google search and debated joining for a long time, but I was no longer able to resist. @miraclelovely, does she have a chip along the inside front of one of her ears? If so, she's probably the one I had. I had taken her to Anime Central in 2005 and had her bungee corded to a hand truck. My best friend was pushing her through what was called the hamster tunnels connecting the convention center to the hotel and hit a bump. Her ear popped off and chipped on the tile floor. It was at tragedy.

I also had a terrible time trying to get her to sit and it chipped her thighs the one time I attempted it. She probably still has those marks too.

I must say, it warms my heart to see her again. I've actually really missed her. What has it been, 18 years? I sold her back then due to family, money pressures, and also because of the surprising amount of internet hate I got. I don't think I got even half my money back, either. :regret: But I am at least happy to see she's still around. 

It is a pity her original wig and clothes are gone though! Her wig was EPIC. It was six or seven feet long and absolute nightmare to manage, so I spent days wrapping thread around it to make a kind of giant wig net. It took two spools of thread. The best part about it was that it had a stiff white felt headcap, so it just kind of popped on her head and needed no velcro at all. Seeing as how Paper Moon wigs start at $400 and the price goes up the longer it is, that wig would be crazy money to replace. The same for her precious dress. I think their costumes are listed at $800-$1000 on the Paper Moon site. 

If anyone has questions, I'm willing to answer. Regarding her being sold on ebay, yes, sadly, that was me. @OccultBeast, I'm not super thrilled to see that old picture of me on the internet, but I realize it's my fault for putting it out there. 

• Like 9

ragnamuffin
3 hours ago, meef said:

and also because of the surprising amount of internet hate I got.

I know people (both online and offline) can be terrible, but why were they giving you grief about this? 👀

Tam_I_am
6 hours ago, meef said:

I must say, it warms my heart to see her again. I've actually really missed her. What has it been, 18 years? I sold her back then due to family, money pressures, and also because of the surprising amount of internet hate I got. I don't think I got even half my money back, either. :regret: But I am at least happy to see she's still around.

I remember chatting to you on ... was it email? sometimes, asking for updates on her selling.  You kept having people try to rip you off, but then she finally went.  I was so young in the doll hobby then, and a full size doll was so amazing that the memory's stayed with me for all these years.  It was good to see Chii again, and it's good to see you again too, Meef.

meef

@ragnamuffin Hmm, that was a long time ago so it's hard to remember, but it was all over the place. Some were totally against her being allowed on DOA and were Pm'ing the mods asking for her removal. I'm not sure why she bothered them, but I think some of them thought she was a sex doll when she definitely wasn't! After that they instituted their strict criteria for which BJD were allowed, and since poor Chii wasn't strung, she was not welcome.  

Another thing I remember is someone Pm'ing me a thread on the Den of Demons forum where it was people mocking the auction later. They were making a game of it sending me $5 offers and such. A lot of them called her creepy, though I suppose that's understandable. I was a target for a long time, and yes, several people did try to rip me off as Tam_I_am said. I guess the internet is just like that. 

@Tam_I_am Hello, dear! That's so awesome! I remember you! :')

Edited by meef
spelling whoops
  • Like 5

ragnamuffin

@meef I’m so sorry to hear that, people can be so crappy. Idk if it helps you to feel pity for them, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them did it out of jealousy.

• Like 2

Lychgate

Sorry to reply to an old topic, but she's wonderful!!! I got so excited seeing this topic because im sure ive seen her around online before, im glad shes got a home! I love that shes just lounging in your photos.

• Like 2

miraclelovely

not sure if anyone is still following this topic, but also i'm so sorry for disappearing off the internet for a while! here's a picture of how Chii is currently looking. i still need to get her new joints, and a new wig T_T" financial difficulties amirite? but she's still chilling as usual. once i end up purchasing and receiving her new joints, i'll document the process of reconstructing her and how the mechanisms work. 

chii00001.png

• Like 12

miraclelovely
2 minutes ago, meef said:

Welcome back! Looking forward to the reconstruction!

thank you! so am i ^_^ i really wanna be able to take silly photos of her

• Like 1

Tam_I_am

Chiibunny!

I'm still here.  Been following her since she first came to North America, not going to stop now.  LOL

Silly photos of dolls are so much fun, even if it's just shots from the AR on Animal Crossing Pocket Camp (with the little characters being the dolls).

• Like 1

miraclelovely
15 hours ago, Tam_I_am said:

Chiibunny!

I'm still here.  Been following her since she first came to North America, not going to stop now.  LOL

Silly photos of dolls are so much fun, even if it's just shots from the AR on Animal Crossing Pocket Camp (with the little characters being the dolls).

oh wow! since she first came to North America!! i'll make sure to notify you of any updates in that case! ^_^ and i totally agree, i just love casual doll photos so much, something about it is so wholesome and makes me feel like 'ah, life's good!' y'know?

Tam_I_am
9 hours ago, miraclelovely said:

oh wow! since she first came to North America!! i'll make sure to notify you of any updates in that case! ^_^ and i totally agree, i just love casual doll photos so much, something about it is so wholesome and makes me feel like 'ah, life's good!' y'know?

Yup.  Ask meef how long I bugged her for updates til she first sold.  LOL  I'm slightly obsessed with dolls and the many differences in their construction, so seeing one so big and with such detailed hands was fascinating.  

Yes. 😄

miraclelovely
36 minutes ago, Tam_I_am said:

Yup.  Ask meef how long I bugged her for updates til she first sold.  LOL  I'm slightly obsessed with dolls and the many differences in their construction, so seeing one so big and with such detailed hands was fascinating.  

Yes. 😄

totally understandable!! i was so so so intrigued as to how Chii worked before i got her.

UsagiTeatime

Wow shes huge! This has been the most interesting thread, stg. 

I can't wait to see more posts about her! Her eyes are decals? Does her head open? How is she put together if she isn't strung??
Sorry, I have a million questions lol.

• Like 1

•ViviDollworks Insta•

DDAiryChie  DDAmahaMiuMegumi  DDH06Emi  DDRibbonMaya  ImomoRubyMira  ImomoBeibeiJack Frost
DC24Yukiko Amagi  DC23Chie Satonaka  DDH27Nanako Dojima