Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

miraclelovely

1/1 Papermoon Chii

plasticyears

She is looking lovely! It's so nice to see old dolls being loved and cared for all these years. 

miraclelovely
1 hour ago, UsagiTeatime said:

Wow shes huge! This has been the most interesting thread, stg. 

I can't wait to see more posts about her! Her eyes are decals? Does her head open? How is she put together if she isn't strung??
Sorry, I have a million questions lol.

her eyes are hand painted! as for her head opening, i dont think so. im kinda scared to try and take it off in case i break her because it just... does NOT want to come off LOL. shes constructed with joints that lock into the body pieces, kinda like the joints on vinyl dolls but without the internal skeleton. i dont know if that explanation makes sense? 

• Like 1

meef

The head won’t open. It’s just got a neck hole with a free spinning cylinder inside that you thread over a large spring coming out of the Paper Moon’s neck. It’s SUPER HARD to thread the cylinder over the spring and get it screwed all the way down so I would advise never ever removing the head.

• Like 2

miraclelovely
9 minutes ago, meef said:

The head won’t open. It’s just got a neck hole with a free spinning cylinder inside that you thread over a large spring coming out of the Paper Moon’s neck. It’s SUPER HARD to thread the cylinder over the spring and get it screwed all the way down so I would advise never ever removing the head.

noted! never ever ever removing the head LOL

• Like 2

ragnamuffin

It’s so cool that you guys (new and old owner) can communicate here and swap notes. @miraclelovely can get all this info from her previous owner, and @meef can ‘watch over’ her old Chii as she evolves with the new owner. That’s just so awesome to me 👏 

• Like 4

miraclelovely
6 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

It’s so cool that you guys (new and old owner) can communicate here and swap notes. @miraclelovely can get all this info from her previous owner, and @meef can ‘watch over’ her old Chii as she evolves with the new owner. That’s just so awesome to me 👏 

i think its so awesome!! hopefully some day Chii can reunite with her old owner in a lil doll meet or something. i'd be totally willing to do that. i can't wait to be able to restore Chii to her former glory- and get her some clothing more fitting of her personality LOL..

• Like 2

meef

Yes! It makes me so happy to see her again and see her being well cared for. A doll meet with her would be a dream come true! :)

I bet you could find a cute maid dress! Fanplusfriend cosplay has one that was just like her old outfit but they’ve since changed it. Maybe cheaper companies like Bodyline would have things that would fit too.  

http://fan-store.net/chobits-cosplay-chi-maid-costume-3pcs/

• Like 2

miraclelovely
Just now, meef said:

Yes! It makes me so happy to see her again and see her being well cared for. A doll meet with her would be a dream come true! :)

I bet you could find a cute maid dress! Fanplusfriend cosplay has one that was just like her old outfit but they’ve since changed it. Maybe cheaper companies like Bodyline would have things that would fit too.  

http://fan-store.net/chobits-cosplay-chi-maid-costume-3pcs/

i feel like i'll order it in custom size just to get her as close to original as possible! what have they changed about it?

meef

Yeah, custom size is probably best. They’ve added a jagged hem to the apron and sleeves instead of finding triangular lace like they should have and I think it looks pretty bad imo. The sleeves on the original dress were detachable, while these are sewn on and the shoulders lack the puff they should. Also, the neck ruff was a continuous circle without the splits. This dress is not lined while the original was. 

miraclelovely
15 minutes ago, meef said:

Yeah, custom size is probably best. They’ve added a jagged hem to the apron and sleeves instead of finding triangular lace like they should have and I think it looks pretty bad imo. The sleeves on the original dress were detachable, while these are sewn on and the shoulders lack the puff they should. Also, the neck ruff was a continuous circle without the splits. This dress is not lined while the original was. 

thats so unfortunate "OTL but its the closest thing, right? at least thus far..

• Like 1

That_Dollfie_Dude

Looks like they're still making dolls, but they don't list any prices. They want you to talk with their sales reps first, so the price must be super high. 

• Like 1

Tam_I_am
3 hours ago, meef said:

I see the difference on the first picture, where a Chii doll is wearing the older style.  You're right.  It doesn't look as pretty now.

• Like 2

Till Troll

I found a few pages on Papermoon in one of my doll books from 1998. No Chi but plenty of Sakura :)

image.jpg.fa20b0c1fb328feb57213707a9b0a3a7.jpgimage.jpg.11fe6a801d36b3edcdf4faf137057bba.jpgimage.jpg.2fe2c910faeb4577c20abc34742a0565.jpgimage.jpg.9e5de212fa5eb09e4d32fc6638b157bb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Till Troll

I’ve just found more in my other magazines. Is it okay to post them here? I don’t want to spam the thread.

Tasuke

if i may be so bold as to speak for the OP... By All Means, PLEASE DO!!!

• Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Till Troll

I’ll post more, but I’ve hit a 10mb limit. I’ll find somewhere to host them :)

edit: it worked! Close up on the Chi section :)IMG_0778.jpeg.b8b9f0f9596fc3da57e622447e356f91.jpegIMG_0779.jpeg.897a552a3d9ec2bc91a0e54aa8bffebc.jpeg

Edited by Till Troll
Added photos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Till Troll

The magazines actually only arrived yesterday (I got them for the 1/6 doll), I just happened to browse this topic and recognised Chi! So it was lucky timing.

GlassWisteria

Wow, I didn't realize 1/1 scale anime-style dolls existed! Happy to see a piece of doll history here lol. Glad to see that Chii went to a loving home.