Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

CaraOReilly

Having second thoughts now...

CaraOReilly

So, my new (new to me, she is "used") Iris Collect Sumire arrived today, but after looking more into the clothing that is available or apparently the lack there of I'm worried that I will not be able to get any other outfits than the clothes she comes with. Does anyone know what clothes actually fit on the azo2 body? If I buy clothes for the DD/DDS will they fit despite the fact that the Dollfie is like 7cm taller? I'm just having some doubts about my purchase now...

I'm currently at work so when I get home and open the box with her in it I'll probably not have doubts anymore especially since I'm coming from a recast minifee...

Anyway, any information about where to look for clothes would be awesome!

AZONE IRIS COLLECT SUMIRE: CARA O'REILLY

BeyondTime

There is some discussion of this here. 

@Cauldroness loves Iris Collects, and I suspect she has no shortage of clothes for them. It may take a good deal more effort to find stuff, but they are beautiful dolls and worth the effort. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

toughstermcg

In my experience, AZO2 usually does fine with MSD or 1/4 scale shirts, but the hip and thigh size can sometimes be too big for MSD pants and shorts. Skirts can work, elastic waistbands help, but it varies from outfit to outfit. I've definitely put DD/DDS sized cardigans and blouses on mine before, and it's not huge, just kind of a baggy oversized look. DD/DDS sized short skirts are perfect for AZO2's big hips imo, I can't really speak for pants because most of my 1/4 scale dolls only wear skirts and shorts.

AzDoll123

Don't forget that Azone also sells separate clothing pieces! Sometimes they even sell outfits (or pieces of outfits) from fullsets of their dolls, or you can look on the aftermarket. Just look to the sizing guide as a general guideline, and maybe people have posted their experiences with certain clothing items for reference as well!

It may be tricky to find things sometimes, so try searching with multiple different keywords. Try using アゾン for "Azone" if you're searching on a Japanese site like mandarake.

• Like 1

Cauldroness

YOU MADE A GOOD DECISION! Welcome to the cute azone zone!

Yes, as @BeyondTime commented, I'm a bit of an Azone enthusiast. I currently have four proper Azone girls (two Rino, one Noix and one Kano), plus three Obitsu girls (two on Azone bodies), plus an SQ Labs girl (currently occupying an Azone body), plus another Azone girl incoming (Milene).

Now is a great time to start collecting Azone, because clothing is becoming more and more available!

First of all, Azone releases a ton of clothes specifically designed for their dolls, which are very affordable and available from a variety of online shops (HobbySearch and AmiAmi are my favorites).

Second, don't think you're limited to just clothes designed for AZO2. Tops, skirts, shorts and dresses designed for Dollfie Dream (particularly M-bust) will fit your AZO2 girl just fine!

(Note: Avoid items that Volks labels as for both DD and SD/SD13/SD16 -- those will be way too big! You want stuff sized ONLY for DD.)

There are also sellers on Instagram and Taobao who are increasingly offering clothing in AZO2 sizes.

Plus, if you get a bag of small safety pins, you can make even more clothing items work if you're willing to just put a pin or two in the back.

The only real area where you HAVE to get clothes that are specifically sized for AZO2 is pants. Dollfie Dream pants WILL fit, they'll just be quite long unless you're willing to hem them or roll them up. MSD pants will be too small around the hips. (Dollfie Dream shorts work just fine without alterations!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

CaraOReilly

@Cauldroness & @BeyondTime thank you for the insight.

I wasn't sure what else would fit as I am new to Azone and fairly new to BJDs in general. I did look around on Taobao but I've never really used that site and a basic search returned mostly no results. I will look into Amiami and HobbySearch.

I will definitely look into the Dollfie Dream clothes, as  I found a place that was comparing the bodies and they are pretty similar. I'm decent with the sewing machine as I used to make most of my own cosplay stuff.

Thank you again for the help and information.

CaraOReilly

Do Angel Philia doll clothes fit the AZO2 bodies since both are quite curvy, obviously the Angel Philias are way more curvy than the Azone dolls?

Cauldroness
4 hours ago, CaraOReilly said:

Do Angel Philia doll clothes fit the AZO2 bodies since both are quite curvy, obviously the Angel Philias are way more curvy than the Azone dolls?

Depends on the outfit! Angel Philia have a very wide range of body types, from very skinny and flat-chested to very curvy and large-chested. So it really depends on *which* Angel Philia body the outfit was made for.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

CaraOReilly
Just now, Cauldroness said:

Depends on the outfit! Angel Philia have a very wide range of body types, from very skinny and flat-chested to very curvy and large-chested. So it really depends on *which* Angel Philia body the outfit was made for.

Oh okay, I was just wondering. I was searching for some Volks DD stuff, but it seemed that a lot of it was also for the SD dolls too.

abs2891
1 hour ago, CaraOReilly said:

Oh okay, I was just wondering. I was searching for some Volks DD stuff, but it seemed that a lot of it was also for the SD dolls too.

A lot is made to fit SD first and DD second unfortunately - I’d recommend filtering to the Tenshi no Koromo lines - those are made for DD first and so you’ll find things that only fit them there though certain items that run large will also be indicated to fit SD

• Like 1

CaraOReilly

I'll ask this here I guess. Is there somewhere that the AZO2 body measurements can be found?

nanika

Not sure about body measurements, but finding AZO2 clothing is fairly easy.  Hobby Search (in Japan) is probably the easiest source for you.  

Here's the link to the 45~50cm clothing: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/1366/0/1

Azone 1/3 clothing sizing:

• 45cm Bust S  (Iris Collect Petit)
  • 48cm Bust S
  • 48cm Bust M
  • 48cm Bust L
  • 50cm Bust S
  • 50cm Bust M
  • 50cm Bust L
  • AZ C
  • AZ G
  • AZ I 

If the article of clothing is wearable , it will be noted as: Small, FIT, or Large

For Sumire, you'll want clothing that is marked as fitting AZO2 G-bust (marked as AZ G above.) 

(AZO2 C-bust is much flatter.  AZO2 I-bust is a bit bigger.)  Fortunately most AZO2 clothing is designed for the G-bust.

(The sizes listed in blue are the standard Obitsu 50 body, which is skinnier than the AZO2 body sizes listed in red.  They share the same internal skeletons though.)

Technical notes that you don't really need to worry about: Sumire is 48cm tall, but 99% of the AZO2 50cm clothing fits perfectly.  The height difference comes from shins that are only 2cm shorter.  Only rarely does an outfit distinguish between AZO2 50cm and AZO2 48cm.  Also, there was a point in time where an AZO2 specific shin existed, but it is rarely used anymore.  For aesthetic reasons, I believe all AZO2 bodies now use a standard Obitsu shin.  (If it sounds confusing, don't worry, as you don't need to be concerned about it.)

I will say that finding AZO2 clothing is a lot easier than getting DD clothing.  Azone tends to keep the basics available (like white socks).  Now if only Volks could do that...