Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Emil

Emil's Garden

Emil

Committing the sin of posting twice in less than 24h, but I'm so in love with these two that I can't help it

_DSC0317 _DSC0334 _DSC0343

Marie (left) is absolutely wearing 3 belts to keep that vest from puffing out. Living her best life LOL. I'm hesitant to upgrade her to a larger bust, but her clothing preferences seem to be asking me to do so...

_DSC0393

Photo of Aurelia as well, wearing an FCS exclusive wig because one of my SDs is wearing a Dream Choice exclusive wig... equivalent exchange!

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 7

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Emil

Some early Valentine's themed photos. I hadn't planned to make them b&w, but the background looked so dreary with all of the flora being dead or dormant. 

PSX_20230128_094513 PSX_20230128_093527 PSX_20230128_090830

Vera and Aurelia haven't gotten much attention as a couple compared to my other pairings, so I chose them. Laura & Rosalin are next, whenever I have the energy 😅😭

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 5

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

baldylox

If sinning means posting more of your girls then by all means, sin away!  😄  I love your photos and the black and white ones above are just darling!  The second one is especially pretty.  Those two have some obvious chemistry together.  <3 

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Emil
5 hours ago, baldylox said:

If sinning means posting more of your girls then by all means, sin away!  😄  I love your photos and the black and white ones above are just darling!  The second one is especially pretty.  Those two have some obvious chemistry together.  <3 

Billy

I really need to photograph them more often, but I struggle to gather the energy to go out for pictures since school has started. Thank you so much, I really like the second one as well, but the third was my favourite with Towa's "senpai?! 😳" expression haha. I definitely need more photos of this couple 🥺

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
33 minutes ago, Emil said:

I really like the second one as well, but the third was my favourite with Towa's "senpai?! 😳" expression haha.

I like that one best too.

• Like 1

Emil

It "snowed" which actually immediately melted and then re-froze as ice. But I'm going to call it snow because that's cuter and it rarely snows here.

20230201_101555

Gean and Ariah get their brief turn in the spotlight. I was too scared to re-pose them in the cold, so there's only 3 images total from this shoot and only these two actually looked nice 🥲 I forgot that using my long lens with a pair like this would cause one to be slightly out of focus... whoops.

I might take Laura and Rosalin out later, but for now I'm enjoying hot chocolate and soup. 

Editing to avoid double posting. I took Laura, Rosalin, Persica and Shiloh out for photos as well. Not sure if I'm going to take Marie and Cilia out later.

PSX_20230201_112259

Their story dynamic is probably one of my favourites. They were bitter rivals for quite some time. Shiloh was especially angered by Persica because Persica's power was never properly trained- her magic and the way she wields it is wholly innate and self-taught. Shiloh, on the other hand, spent her childhood being trained in magicks by tutors. Perhaps an overdone trope, but so are all of my DDs' stories lol, it's my "for fun" writing. 

PSX_20230201_112740

As for Laura and Rosalin, one is a grim reaper and one is the fae saved from fate by her lover. Can you guess which is which? 🤭 

Edited by Emil
more photos | broken links (can't find all photos originally posted)
  • Like 8

PolitelyNefarious

@Emil Your girls are always so poised and photogentic. I'm in awe, continually, of the raw, organic nature you bring out in them. The posing is spot-on, always.

Ariah might be my favorite. Shhh- don't tell them I'm biased! But she looks so at home and comfortable in Gean's arms, despite the snow around them.

Y'know, 'Rivals to Lovers' is a trope for a reason. If they have all that development and backstory to them, I can see how they would be your favorites. It's plotcentric. It's not easy, over and done. Every step forward is hard-won, sometimes followed by several steps back. It makes for compelling progression, even to revisit down the road. My potential couples also fall into this trope by varying degrees. It's a classic for sure.

I was guessing Laura was the fairy with the short, youthful pixie cut and light clothes, and Rosalind was the reaper with long, light hair, darker 'mature' clothing, and the more melancholy-sounding name. It looks like that was correct? Both of them are striking! I especially enjoy Rosalind's less perky pigtails. The low, hanging look paired with those bangs and long side fringes works well. Is she just a tad taller than Laura, or is that positioning?

Thank you for this pre-Valentines Valentine. 'Twas not to be missed!

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

Emil
3 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

@Emil Your girls are always so poised and photogentic. I'm in awe, continually, of the raw, organic nature you bring out in them. The posing is spot-on, always.

Thank you so much! I really try my best to make their poses seem at least somewhat realistic, or at the very least within the realm of anime 😄

Ariah might be my favorite. Shhh- don't tell them I'm biased! But she looks so at home and comfortable in Gean's arms, despite the snow around them.

🤭🤫 Ariah is definitely spoiled... She's my only non-problematic (aka not DDdy or Mochi Ashi) DD-f3 so I pose her more than the other girls 😅 She's the only one who can melt Gean's icy exterior 🥺

I was guessing Laura was the fairy with the short, youthful pixie cut and light clothes, and Rosalind was the reaper with long, light hair, darker 'mature' clothing, and the more melancholy-sounding name. It looks like that was correct? Both of them are striking! I especially enjoy Rosalind's less perky pigtails. The low, hanging look paired with those bangs and long side fringes works well. Is she just a tad taller than Laura, or is that positioning?

Correct! I'm glad their appearances help convey their names, that's exactly what I was going for! As for Rosalin's pigtails, I was somewhat inspired by Empty Sekai Miku, but also- that wig is an absolute monster. There's just so. much. hair. lol. So an uneven pigtail look was honestly the easiest, and fortunately it suits her character well!

Laura and Rosalin are both the same height, but their shoes make it seem otherwise. Honestly, I wanted to avoid heels, but it's quite difficult... One of the photos also has Laura leaning against Rosalin which also contributes to looking shorter.

Thank you for this pre-Valentines Valentine. 'Twas not to be missed!

🙌🏻 I've had to sit through too many hallmark movies recently and felt like doing my own little bit of "romance" hehe

• Like 2

Emil

These are a few days old now, but I took some photos of Cilia just before a storm came in. They're not as in-focus as I'd like, but my eyesight is getting worse and worse so I'll take what I can get at this point.

PSX_20230308_083608.jpg

PSX_20230308_083355.jpg

PSX_20230308_083131.jpg

This is meant to be her appearance prior to bonding her soul to a demon's. Another generic cliche, but it's my anime (doll) story and I do what I want. [Beach episode when....]

She's the only surviving heir of the last pureblood vampire family, so I've been trying to get more... elegant outfits for this iteration of her appearance. 

• Like 6

Emil

I went out for photos this morning... only to find out my SD card was full after half a dozen photos. Oops 😶 
One turned out alright, I think it fits Cilia's vibe rather well. 

PSX_20230316_090512.jpg

I'll worry about the staining later... If I simply pretend it does not happen... perhaps it will not happen... (the sleeve cuffs are completely black and not lined)

• Like 6

Emil

I took several photos of Cilia & Marie a few days ago. 

PSX_20230402_203231 PSX_20230402_201918 PSX_20230402_203003 PSX_20230402_201621 PSX_20230402_201436 PSX_20230402_201729

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 4

Xiongmao

I just realised you have (or had) a Towa. I hope you still have her 🥰. This outfit actually fits Dynamites - I don't know if you've seen it. I can't remember what it's called but it's from the Volks Tenshin-no-Koromo range. I have a quite similar pink outfit that I just put Kirika into.

Talking of Kirika, she got badly stained a few months back, but now she's back to normal (except she now has a loose leg lol).

spacer.png

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Emil
55 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

I just realised you have (or had) a Towa. I hope you still have her 🥰.

I still have a Towa, she just doesn't show up for photos often. Camera shy, maybe...

56 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

This outfit actually fits Dynamites - I don't know if you've seen it. I can't remember what it's called but it's from the Volks Tenshin-no-Koromo range. I have a quite similar pink outfit that I just put Kirika into.

That outfit is cute, I think they've done it in a few colours? I can't recall the name though. It's probably on MFC somewhere, they have a lot of the Tenshi no Koromo outfits archived. 

BeyondTime
58 minutes ago, Emil said:

That outfit is cute, I think they've done it in a few colours?

They've done a bunch of Lolita dresses of that style under their Pink Label brand. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

PolitelyNefarious

@Emil  I swear you always bring out so much subtle emotion in your girls. These are great, and the choice of muted outfit colours against those bright flowers was strong too. Such soft girls.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

Yuns

Your collection is lovely! And you take some great pictures. I know it's just a simple one but I love the photo of all your girls lying together in that makeshift bed, it's so cute!

• Like 1

Emil

PSX_20230422_092102.jpg

It's Hyacinth's (Towa) birthday today, so her and Alyssum are in their bunnysuits because anime logic. 🐰👯🏼♀️

• Like 7

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Emil said:

PSX_20230422_092102.jpg

It's Hyacinth's (Towa) birthday today, so her and Alyssum are in their bunnysuits because anime logic. 🐰👯🏼♀️

That's a great restyling of Towa.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Emil
7 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

That's a great restyling of Towa.

Thank you! Of all my dolls, she's kept her current style the 2nd longest (and she's only beaten by the first DD I got 🤣 so it isn't a fair fight!)

I actually got that wig to make Passionlip, but the plants have yet to come to fruition... perhaps I'll have to get a second one if I do go through with Lip...

It's actually her second birthday, I got her back in 2021 as my third DD 🙌🏻 

Screenshot_20230422-185316_Gallery.jpg

Of all of my dolls currently, she actually took the longest to bond with. I'm not entirely sure why, but maybe because of the discrepancy between the product photos and her actual face? Either way, I've come to love her now, even though some of her lip paint mysteriously disappeared last summer!

I gave her the cute bunnygirl photoshoot she deserves. 

PSX_20230422_183210.jpg

PSX_20230422_183442.jpg

PSX_20230422_183313.jpg

PSX_20230422_183753.jpg

Her girlfriend came along too, of course 👀

PSX_20230422_183854.jpg

PSX_20230422_184021.jpg

PSX_20230422_184305.jpg

Bonus: When I went outside with the girls to take pictures, there was a little rabbit eating some leaves where I'd normally shoot at 🐇

20230422_182921.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't get very close since I was using my short lens... It seemed like bad luck to scare such a coincidentally placed rabbit away! I was about a yard away for this photo, and the rabbit stayed nearby the whole time I was taking pictures 🥺

Happy birthday

Hyacinth 💕

• Like 9

Emil

Today is Gardenia's birthday, she's officially been home for one year 🎉

PSX_20230427_202139 PSX_20230427_202032 PSX_20230427_201912 PSX_20230427_201644 PSX_20230427_200915

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 11

Emil

The newest addition to the Academy, and the first doll this year 👀 

Hydrangea has arrived! A DC-H-23 M01. I've only seen 2 of these floating around so far. I took extra photos from angles I usually don't bother with for the sake of showing off the sculpt 💙

PSX_20230503_164234 PSX_20230503_164118 PSX_20230503_164501 PSX_20230503_164410 PSX_20230503_164824

Her eyes look dirty in this one [edit note: the 2 below], but it's actually just lazy editing so the Internet doesn't see me going full slav squat for a doll photo. 

PSX_20230503_164712 PSX_20230503_163749

This sculpt is so pretty, I think I like it more than 24 💜

I had been contemplating ordering a 23 through a proxy, then one day Hydrangea just popped up on Manda. The same skintone, body, and even option chest that I wanted... so the choice was obvious. As a side note, she came with DDIII wrists. There's a sneaky bastard out there somewhere! Lol the rest of her is f3 frame though thankfully. 

I changed her eyes to 24mms because they suit the sculpt better. With 22s, you see where the sclera end and the outer edge of the eye begins... I don't like that look in my dolls. I don't know if I'll keep this pair in particular- these are Miko's defaults / G-Type Anzu. They sure are cute in her though.

I also got Miu Amaha's casual wear, which is pictured above. It looks like a potato sack on non-DDdy. She will be changing outfits soon.

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Emil
PSX_20230503_214247

A group photo of the dream choice crew 💕

PSX_20230503_214428 PSX_20230503_214108

and some much needed Bluebell + Pannya time 

I meant to take the group photo in the light but... things happened lol

Hydrangea seems to be a DDS instead of a DD, not entirely surprised the listing was wrong since it also listed her as a DC-H-24 🥲 her right leg frame is annoying the life out of me... it's popped out twice and to be honest I'm having more trouble with her than my Dynamites and mochi ashi... 😭 I still love her lol she's worth the pain, but what the heck. It was seated properly and just won't agree with me... [edited note 21 Dec 2023: this was actually the thigh screw being too loose. what a pain!]

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 4

Emil
PSX_20230505_170119

a bad attempt at a new group photo... too overcast today 🫠

I'll try again this weekend... with less free-standing...

I had most of my DDIIIs basically hooked together LOL they make me nervous... Saber Alter is my only good stander out of the III frame girls. And my DyII body is really weak in the knees, so Yukino gets a stand.

Aside from Rin's weirdly long neck, I'm happy with how everyone *looks*, just not the photo composition. I might try to either photograph them on the steps or out in the yard this weekend for a better photo.

I also took portraits of everyone to make my doll profiles more cohesive... RIP other forum pushing my doll profiles to the frontpage because of the new photos 🥹

PSX_20230505_171308 PSX_20230505_170357 PSX_20230505_171816

Edited by Emil
broken links | image order may be incorrect
  • Like 6

Tigger

Even though overcast, I really liked the group shot ^^ They look beautiful. 

• Like 1

Emil
PSX_20230605_200735 PSX_20230605_200553 PSX_20230605_201000 PSX_20230605_201122

A so-so attempt at more meaningful photos. I'm not entirely satisfied, but this is a step in the right direction.

PSX_20230605_195850

I wish I changed her pose at least once, but I was mildly distracted by all of the bugs professing their love to me 😖 so many mosquitoes...

Edited by Emil
broken links
  • Like 7