Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

DD Emilia V2

BeyondTime

Since there is a topic for Caster, I felt like we should have one for Emelia V2's announcement. She's a pretty big deal for people who have been looking for her aftermarket.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

marionbearmaker

She is so beautiful! Do you think she'll have her cat hood?

I'm trying to stick with just one MDD right now ^^'.

Starr
30 minutes ago, marionbearmaker said:

She is so beautiful! Do you think she'll have her cat hood?

I'm trying to stick with just one MDD right now ^^'.

I was wondering if she'd have her hood too. I know the original one did, so I hope that since they're sticking with the same outfit they'll also include the hood. 

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Starr said:

I was wondering if she'd have her hood too. I know the original one did, so I hope that since they're sticking with the same outfit they'll also include the hood. 

We’ll know once the product site is up in a few weeks. There is always a list calling out what the doll includes. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

nettle_tea

OG Emilia was my first DD, and will always have a special place in my heart. However, the new faceup is precious. Why you do this to me Volks?

Missy

I’m so excited for her. I was really sad when I couldn’t get her the first time and her after market prices are atrocious. I’m curious if she will be a lottery item again and if so when. 

burokkori

Not a complete surprise for a re-release of Emilia going by how greatly sought after she is in the aftermarket. As with Volks promo photos, it's hard to judge her new faceup without seeing it in person. The new look appear to be much softer and happier; a departure from the signature foxy, pointy, sharp edge look of the first version. A rarity with Volks' sculpts, but I think the first version's design and faceup nailed the look of the character design from the anime. She looks gorgeous in person as oppose to the Volks' release photos.

There's a pretty high chance that the fox-ears hood will be included as they are re-releasing her outfit. Kinda disappointed that Volks chose to re-release the same outfit again. Was really hoping for a release of Emilia's other casual wear outfits; like the green outfit from the second season. Crossing fingers that it may come as an add-on set.

finnleo
22 hours ago, burokkori said:

I think the first version's design and faceup nailed the look of the character design from the anime.

<fanboi mode: ON>

as a V1 owner, I have to disagree a bit ...

The trouble is the novel illustrators habbit of using birdsnest type eyelashes early in the series illustrations:

51271566711_9247a59f83_h.jpg

The anime lashes are a lot more slimmed down:

51270820002_6072e7abca_c.jpg

and the original doll lashesh, are just ... a bit much compared to either in certain angles:

37167535865_9fb79c955e_c.jpg

If you are taking photos from a downward angle its quite ok:

37167532425_b9d1d43d71_c.jpg

Interestingly enough the doll lashes sort of go with this cover illustration of echidna:

51271744318_c8ef760902_c.jpg

which is all good and well, except echinda has white hair overall...

as I mentioned in the news thread, The new V2 faceup is probably going with the latest style by the novel artist:

51271744298_89d6b8ac5d_c.jpg

the new faceup seems to have lavender highlights on the outside of the lashes, which make them appear smaller on first loook.

The difference between the versions is a bit reminiscant of Fate Illya  and Prisma Illya, except here I think they are still using the same sculpt.

and as such I personally feel a bit cheated.

And as a original Ranko owner, this is the second third (forgot about old blue...) fourth (...And Melty...) time, though with her (ranko) that as a bit more annoying, because of the outfit tweak and included parasol... so yes, this is going to sound a bit mean, but if the cloak is included with V2 ... I wont be Mad, just very dissapointed.

<fanboi mode: off>

Edited by finnleo

BottleStar

birdsnest type eyelashes

*adding this to my vocabulary*

I feel so caught off guard by the re-release. I don't know if I'll be able to get her! AHHHHH!

finnleo
9 hours ago, BottleStar said:

birdsnest type eyelashes

*adding this to my vocabulary*

when in turn I lifted it (the birdsnest bit) from a missouri tow truck driver describing a tangled up winch cable... but I saw the similarity... ahem...

• Haha 1

pinkseifuku

Just curious, was the first Emilia version a lottery or preorder? And were you able to preorder her on the Volksusa site? I'm thinking of getting this new one since I did not have a chance to get the older version. 

finnleo
13 minutes ago, pinkseifuku said:

was the first Emilia version a lottery or preorder?

Lottery, the USA raffle release was a few months behind as usual.

Though will it matter being a lottery or not is a bit weird, since at the moment you can still buy five different dolls off volks international that were originally lottery items.

then again it is EMT, so will have to see if there will be more demand this time.

• Like 1

burokkori
On 6/26/2021 at 3:20 AM, finnleo said:

as a V1 owner, I have to disagree a bit ...

I guess I can see your point in regards to her lashes on V1.

But I don't know if V1's faceup or lashes not being true to either the novel illustration or anime is necessary bad though. Like many others, I was also on the fence for a few days from looking at the promo photos of Emilia V1 before decided to enter the lottery. When she'd arrived and I got to see her in person, I was so glad that to have her. Guess I'm in this game long enough to know to not rely on Volks promo photos for purchasing decision. 😆

On 6/26/2021 at 3:20 AM, finnleo said:

The difference between the versions is a bit reminiscant of Fate Illya  and Prisma Illya, except here I think they are still using the same sculpt.

and as such I personally feel a bit cheated.

And as a original Ranko owner, this is the second third (forgot about old blue...) fourth (...And Melty...) time, though with her (ranko) that as a bit more annoying, because of the outfit tweak and included parasol... so yes, this is going to sound a bit mean, but if the cloak is included with V2 ... I wont be Mad, just very dissapointed.

Definitely looks like it's the same sculpt. I do share your sentiment here... imagine being hit with the same sculpt six times. Yes, I'm talking about the Saber variants. Except for Lily, 6 separate Saber releases are the exact same sculpt! What's worst is 3 of the Alters are the exact same sculpt and faceup!! And each time, I'd be allure by their slightly "new" additions; faceup or outfits. (Ever seen that one Simpsons episode about the same topic?) haha.

And let's not talk about all the other V2s; Rin, Miku, Snow Miku, etc... It's some sort of conspiracy that they chose to always re-release those that I already have and not ones I missed out on.

Nevertheless, I'd rather Volks do re-releases for others who've legitimately missed out on the V1s of their loves to get another chance than to feed ridiculous markups to scalpers who's only purpose is to profit from desperate collectors.

finnleo
1 hour ago, burokkori said:

But I don't know if V1's faceup or lashes not being true to either the novel illustration or anime is necessary bad though. Like many others, I was also on the fence for a few days from looking at the promo photos of Emilia V1 before decided to enter the lottery.

I was in the "Im not happy about them, but its EMT" camp when getting her originally... sort of funny to keep mentioning it, but the lashes are still the most thicc items that I have in my collection, but I've gotten used to them I suppose. The only thing I've done to mine is swap out the eyes, since I think they made the overall

color a bit too pale, and they were tad spooky for my liking:

49109486221_cfdbf828e3_c.jpg

But the package was still very splendid, the outfit, accessories, etc... and the sculpt is actually rather nice overall, so no real regrets getting her originally ... the new faceup just did away with my main initial gripe, or at least made it smaller with turning part of the lashes into lavender highligts, and I felt a bit short-changed at that point ... but shall have to see.

imagine being hit with the same sculpt six times. Yes, I'm talking about the Saber variants.

Arent you supposed to treat Sabers like Pokemon...?

49476908923_18b063e939_c.jpg

(although both alters are Mk2 heads ...)

Actually V1 Alter doesent have as much cheek blush as Alter V2, and Santa-Rider who I do believe are identical to eachother in terms of paint.

And let's not talk about all the other V2s; Rin, Miku, Snow Miku, etc... It's some sort of conspiracy that they chose to always re-release those that I already have and not ones I missed out on.

I think the biggest annoyance that I had in terms of re-releases I already had is still Ranko, who in V2 form came directly with the optional outfit you had to pay extra for in the first round (if you even got it, because lottery) AND -- THAT -- DUGGAM -- PARASOL  ... *hurgleburgle*... Old Blue oddly enough has still retained her place in my collection because her gown is still more correct in places to original art, and Melty is always Melty and cute as a button which makes up for the santa version...

But at the end of the day the re-releases are still a great second chance, especially for folks that are more new to the hobby ... but I do reserve the right to be at least a bit annoyed.

• Like 3

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, finnleo said:

Though will it matter being a lottery or not is a bit weird, since at the moment you can still buy five different dolls off volks international that were originally lottery items.

then again it is EMT, so will have to see if there will be more demand this time.

Yeah, Uzuki is still up, but Lina Inverse - who was released alongside her and was available briefly during a click war - is long gone. Sailor Mercury is lingering years after her original sale, and Sailor Mars is long gone - although Mars also lingered for a bit. 

Maia

Poor sailor mercury it seems like she has been there forever 

Galvatim
Just now, Mars said:

Poor sailor mercury it seems like she has been there forever 

She hasn't been up as long as poor Ranka.  Ranka was a preorder project, too.  

Weltfremd
48 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

She hasn't been up as long as poor Ranka.  Ranka was a preorder project, too.  

Still makes me sad, why did they produce so much of her?

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Weltfremd said:

Still makes me sad, why did they produce so much of her?

I don’t think they produced more of her than normal, she most likely didn’t sell as well as they projected. I don’t really know why, she’s a cute doll and I kind of want to buy a second one just to give her a home.

Maia

Maybe because of sailor mercury blue eyebrows since they wouldn’t go to well with different wigs.

Edited by Mars

foo

TBH I think it's the axe murderer eyes. Ranka's really cute, but she looks like a doll that's ready to kill you.

Maia

It’s true ranka lee does look like she is going to kill you. Her eyebrows also look a bit weird too. Also why is yuriko still there she is adorable.

Edited by Mars