Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

DD Emilia V2

n0pl4c3

So, I'm completely new to dollfies, but really really want to get this as I love Emilia quite a lot. But I feel the lack in experience might be quite unpleasant with the click war. So, does anyone have any tips for how to keep my chance of success as high as possible?

I'm European, so as I understand it I will be buying on the Volks International Online Store. From what I read until now, it's important to log-in early enough to avoid getting trouble due to server issues, as well as the fact that as soon as I put the doll into my cart, it will be reserved for a certain frame of time, so basically that seems to be what it comes down to.

But are there any tips aside from that? For reference, how big is the timespan usually between the orders opening up and a doll being sold out (I am of course aware that it will depend on stock, demand etc., but if someone has at least some kind of estimate that would be great). Can I expect it to be gone pretty much the moment it goes up? Is it at least around a minute of time? I feel having some estimate of that would really calm me down in that regard, getting this would really feel like a dream to me.

And also aside from that, are there any other tips?

Sorry for bothering you with my newbie questions there, but I'm extremely excited about this and the forum here seems to be one of the few sources of information there are.

Thanks for any answers!

finnleo
1 hour ago, n0pl4c3 said:

So, does anyone have any tips for how to keep my chance of success as high as possible?

since neither emt, or scatch are GL/VIP restricted at the moment, there isnt really much to do.

Having a account already created with correct shipping info, being logged in a little before, and just waiting for the after event to start. There isnt an exact time posted at the moment, but I am guessing it'll be midnight of the 20th (so 21st august 00:01 in japan).

after that it will unfortunatly be a bit of a luck of the draw thing, as the volks site restricts access if under heavy load. And I have no idea how they prioritize traffic to the site when its overloaded.

Edited by finnleo

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, finnleo said:

but I am guessing it'll be midnight of the 20th (so 21st august 00:01 in japan).

The store pages are up and it looks like it’s 8/21 at 10 AM (Japan Time), which is also when the clothing sale starts. Traffic congestion is going to be nasty I’m thinking. 

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Irulazuli

Maybe you can check with European DD dealers? I know of Papattes Store and Sakura Dreams, but I have never ordered from them. Papattes has a listing for Emilia.

Monty
8 hours ago, n0pl4c3 said:

as well as the fact that as soon as I put the doll into my cart, it will be reserved for a certain frame of time 

Unfortunately this isn’t the case. I think it might have been on the older web store but not the newer one (which I guess isn’t so new anymore). Lots of people have had the experience of the doll selling out as they are checking out.

I have no idea how this release will go mainly because it’s actually been a little while since a clickwar release - the last release was preorder, and while the release before that was a clickwar (January), one of the dolls (Lina) had previously gotten a limited preorder at a prior event (Hobby Round), and the other was a rerelease (Uzuki). Uzuki ended up so easy to get she’s actually -still- available on the web store. (I’m not sure about Lina, she’s not there anymore, but I don’t remember many people complaining they didn’t get her compared to other releases and if that’s true it could have been because of her previous event releases). On top of that, it seems like since then the site improved in general for clickwars (it still forces people off when there are too many, it’s just not as bad as it used to be)

That’s not to say Emilia won’t go immediately just because she’s a rerelease like Uzuki though - if a doll/character is popular enough they’ll go instantly regardless (like Arle 2nd did).

Anyway I took too many words to say that as for trying to expect what will happen: Every situation differs and you never really know until it’s done, so just be ready and waiting (or of it’s cheaper to go via Papettes, see if they can help while there’s still plenty of time until the clickwar).

n0pl4c3

Thanks for all the responses!

Didn't know about Papattes, will definitely look into that. The listing on their website is definitely a little more expensive, but taking into account customs and shipping from Japan most likely comes down to the same end result anyways, and looking at the amount of money I have spent on Emilia merch over the past year it's not like I can really say it would bother me if it was more expensive anyways, so if this is a way to raise my chances on getting her, I will take it without hesitation.

Still unfortunate for all of this being as complex as it is, but well, Japan seems to love limiting things and making everything a lottery/gacha, or a clickwar.

Anyways, thanks a lot for all the advice.

finnleo
2 hours ago, n0pl4c3 said:

The listing on their website is definitely a little more expensive, but taking into account customs and shipping from Japan most likely comes down to the same end result anyways

There is also some convenience, that someone else does the declaration for you (depending on how bad it is to deal with the customs people, over here its pretty streamlined, so I personally wouldnt go the friendship store route), Also if they can gaurantee you a doll for the premium difference is another bonus.

EDIT: One thing to consider is the effects of Brexit ... So papattes is pretty much the choise for mainland europe to avoid any extra fees, and Sakura dreams I believe was based in great britain, which would be the choise for there.

But who knows... overall the collab models have had overstock recently, apart from Lina ... the wildcard aspect with Emilia this time around is that people who have V1 might want to upgrade to V2 since the difference in the faceup is substantial (unlike Uzuki, where there wasnt anything really wrong with the original faceup, they just added moar cute to the second... and a fluffy outfit). Id upgrade, but funding allowed me only one doll this year ... and thats already paid for.. heh.

But good hunting in any case.

Edited by finnleo

Irulazuli
13 hours ago, finnleo said:

There is also some convenience, that someone else does the declaration for you (depending on how bad it is to deal with the customs people, over here its pretty streamlined, so I personally wouldnt go the friendship store route), Also if they can gaurantee you a doll for the premium difference is another bonus.

Also if you are not too keen on your country getting your money... but I recognize that most people don't have that issue. Given recent changes to EU import laws, and the similar price (I think with currency exchange it might be pretty even), I have been personally looking for dealers for things in eU.

finnleo
9 hours ago, Irulazuli said:

Given recent changes to EU import laws, and the similar price (I think with currency exchange it might be pretty even)

Well, the only major change to the import laws was that everything that comes outside of the borders gets taxed. before that it was everything over 22 euros total value got taxed, before that the limit was around 45-50 euros I think? Though I believe it was up to the countries own discretion how they wanted to go about that, and now it its mandatory.

here they taxed everybody when there were limits, so the change made very little difference on my end, but naturally people getting knick-knacks off aliexpress got annoyed.

I did a quick calculation based on EMT, and if I were to get her here with 8000 yen shipping at current currency rates, 4.7% customs, and 23% 24% VAT (EDIT: Forgot the bump to this... shows how long its been since I've last had to deal with it though), and unless I missed something obvious (You might have exchange fee's with your credit card, for example) it ends up a little shy over of 800 euros, so there is a difference compared to papattes. However - they are a business, and not a charity so I do expect them to try and make a profit...

on the other hand... if they actually for instance have Kaede in stock, for the price they are lisiting, its a bit of a deal compared to manda prices for her.

Edited by finnleo

Irulazuli

Unfortunately no Kaede - I would have gotten her if they had her... Your calculations seem right, it's good to point out the difference! Ultimately they might be an alternative option if clickwar doesn't pan out.

foo

Volks posted another pic of Emilia & Skadi from Doll Point,

Ui-

I feel like I’m going to have a heart attack. 

WHY did I buy the three sets of clothes and MDD base body. I had no idea about this *facepalmfacepalmfacepalm*

Does anyone know if there will be a Dollfie US release? This is perfect. PERFECT. But I’m worried I won’t have exactly enough. I would if she lasted until the 1st of September (WHY August :( Why not my birthday!! Lol!). 

I haven’t heard anything about this on the Volks USA side. If it’s Lottery I’ll do that. If it’s a click war I guess I’ll just save more money and try my best for that, and then just get her from Mandarake (ugh yet another month Miku v2 gets pushed back).

Now to come up with about $780 by the 21st. Fml. Why didn’t I check this. My custom doll could’ve waited... >_____< And that stupid $575 bill that my “friend” put on my card won’t be paid back until the first either....... now I wish I didn’t just check Volks. Gosh. I wasted so much money it’s ridiculous. I hate myself lol. 

It’s Friday the 13th. I blame that...

EDIT: WOOOO! Got the cash saved. Just now. Friday the 13 is against me... 

😂

Edited by Ui-
WOO! Cash saved!

Masteryoda1978

I’m REALLY considering trying for this one!! She is just so pretty!! Her outfit and everything is just adorable. Plus with the new frame...

BeyondTime

Volks USA has announced their lottery event for Emilia. Sept 1st through 10 AM Sept 10th. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

For anyone who missed Emilia, she does say Awaiting Restock, and Volks does sometimes hold back stock from the initial rush, and then restock the web store after a bit of time has passed. I'd check back periodically, and they have announced restocks on Twitter during past events.

• Like 1

Ui-

Hope so. I kinda feel bad. I did get one from the clickwar thankfully, but I have the previous one (and got her a new f3 frame too) but I’ve been trying to buy another Emilia for ages so I can make the Witch of Envy. 

NOW I can. I’m SO happy about that. 

I hope some of you all got her too!!! And as BeyondTime says, keep checking back. 

They may offer different amounts of stock on the same day. Or restock some tomorrow. They do say mid-September shipment date so they can’t push out extra restocks too much longer, so I’d check quite frequently. She was gone within ~5-7 minutes. I got mine at 10:05 (Jesus that was scary) and then it said low stock and my friend who wanted one too refreshed again and it said awaiting restock. So he missed out. Sucks. 

BeyondTime
11 minutes ago, Ui- said:

She was gone within ~5-7 minutes. I got mine at 10:05 (Jesus that was scary) and then it said low stock and my friend who wanted one too refreshed again and it said awaiting restock.

I think Ranko V2 lasted 30 minutes and she was popular, so yeah Emelia V2 was just nuts. XD

Caster is still up and isn't even low stock.

• Haha 1

Islenski

I'm so glad I was able to get an order in 😫

My heart was racing so fast as the website kept going down as I was trying to check out. 

Emilia is my grail doll and the V2 especially, I was going to cry if I wasn't able to get her, I'm so lucky to finally have. 

Ui-
32 minutes ago, Islenski said:

I'm so glad I was able to get an order in 😫

My heart was racing so fast as the website kept going down as I was trying to check out. 

Emilia is my grail doll and the V2 especially, I was going to cry if I wasn't able to get her, I'm so lucky to finally have. 

CONGRATS!!! I have the original, so I sorta feel bad for the people who don’t have even have one, and missed out on this (BEST of luck to you ALL during the Volks USA Lottery on Sept. 1) but I’ve been looking for another Emilia for so long. 

The original one I have I was only buying the clothes and then I was going to edit a sculpt and make elf ears. Then the person whom was selling her outfit and with, all of if, for $250, accepted $1000 for JUST the head sculpt. So I paid $1250 total for v1 Emilia without a body xD But I bought her a new f3 body and she loves it as much as I do. 

I’ve been looking around and offering up to $1500 for just the bloody head sculpt and out pops Emilia v2. I cannot believe I actually got her. I’ve never ever won anything in clkckwars. I had to buy Ram and Rem off Mandarake (thankfully, with shipping, Rem was only $925 and Ram was $1004. Ironic as that’s how much buying Lucia SDGr cost me. SDs soooo pricey... wonder what THOSE limited dolls will cost on the aftermarket).

But yeah: I was sweating and screaming until I saw the order page pop up and I got two email notifications and I sorta went catatonic, “I.... got her...?” EMT is one of my favorite anime characters. Shiro from NGNL is my absolute favorite so I made a custom. Still waiting for her official version... hopefully Sora too (my first male lol. Thinking of customizing a Kirito into Sora). 

Idk about you but hours have passed and my adrenaline hasn’t stopped. My heart is still pounding. It’s hard to believe lol. I’m so happy. My birthday is mid-September (19th) too. Snow Miku is on her way, Rena Ryugu MDD already came (the cleaver she has is as long as her arm, look: B500E679-7A85-4927-91B0-D4CB8B3D740A.jpeg.54ba9ea3f868f696d13bf8c05fb6a29d.jpeg

She’s beautiful. This is going to be one of my best birthdays in A LONG time. 3 dolls (4 if you include the extra MDD body that finally arrived from Japan for one of my customs) all in one month. That’s sooo crazy to me.

EMT! EMT! Come to me! EMT! 

Congrats again to everyone, and super best of luck to everyone entering into the Volks USA lottery on the first. 

Man. I was sweating so badly I had to take my coat off while refreshing. I finally got her at 10:05 am JST and by 10:07 JST (roughly) she was gone. My heart still hadn’t stopped racing from that. lol. 

I need to sleep this manic behavior off lol. I’m not bipolar, Emilia is just as important to me as she is to you though. So I totally understand your happiness. 

BeyondTime
4 minutes ago, Ui- said:

wonder what THOSE limited dolls will cost on the aftermarket

They were close to 4k on Yahoo Japan right after the Dolpa. Really hoping that Volks manages to weed out the scalpers and get dolls to the people who really want them.

Hope the scalpers loose their shirts.

• Sad 1

Ui-
8 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

They were close to 4k on Yahoo Japan right after the Dolpa. Really hoping that Volks manages to weed out the scalpers and get dolls to the people who really want them.

Hope the scalpers loose their shirts.

I absolutely hate their existence. I know business is business but I guarantee you a lot of scalpers for Emilia too. I was seeing Rena Ryugu for $1200-1500 too. Like, are you kidding me? I think she’s even still available for purchase on either Jp, USA, or both unless she recently sold out. It didn’t say limited quantity. They’re literally selling Lucia at 4x what I paid. That’s not fair. It’s not realistic. Sigh. 

But damn, this is so unfair. I saw Ram for $5000... Scalpers probably already started listing their EMTs for $2000+...

I’ve said it before, and I do believe it was to you, but I truly hate scalpers. It shouldn’t be allowed. Sites like eBay should ban people who do that. Of course, they’d say “It’s up to the buyer if they want to pay that much.” PSHHHHH. 

I’m so glad Mandarake is reasonable with their pricing. It’s fair. Out of stock, never to return items will obviously sell for more. But to Jack the price up to 6-10x the initial value is just criminal. People actually want these dolls. I hate how people abuse that knowledge and buy them to sit on for a while and massively inflate them.

Evil, and cruel and likely will never be banned. It’s so unfair to true collectors like us. They don’t even care about the dolls and likely got it instead of someone who cried because they missed it. 

My dolls are the only reason I wake up in the morning. I live alone. I don’t have friends. I have my cat and my dolls. They complete my life for me. I feel fulfilled. Number one, I can afford the hobby. Number two, I can make custom sculpts. Number three, just seeing these beautiful girls brightens the room. I just moved recently. I’m going to post pics once I get all my figures, and Lucia/Snow Miku outfit this Dec., of my doll/anime otaku cave x)

Since I have so many dolls too, I plan on creating pages for them so it’ll say how many I have, too. I hope to get a picture good enough to be added to the top scrolling logo bar someday. :)

• Like 1

Ylse

Congrats to who got her! I just bought her of the yahoo auction. Saw a price of 680 euros and thought that was a good enough price to not have to deal with the clickwar 😂 and I am very happy if I now read she was sold out within 5 to 7 minutes. (I also still have a trauma of the Arle v2 clickwar 😅)

Missed out on her first version but this second is just so ultra cute and beautiful! EMT! EMT!

I actually paid her customs ransom fee last thursday so here is hoping that she will be here next week! 🥳

• Like 1

Victoria

I got her this morning and I'm so happy. She will be my third Emilia. ❤🥺 I will only leave her as original character as she looks best next to Rem and Ram with her new faceup. 

The clickwar was less stressful than expected, imho. A 2nd try was needed as my first payment didn't went through and I had to refresh the page here and then but otherwise everything was fine. It was a good idea to set the clock, though, since she was gone really fast. I'm expecting a restock which will be up longer, though, so fingers crossed for those who did not make it in time.

Also got the lace gloves I wanted. *-* Couldn't afford the jellyfish set, sadly, but I hope I can pick one up in one week or so.

n0pl4c3

Congrats to everyone that got her!

Personally, I was so anxious about the clickwar, that when I saw her pop up on Yahoo Auctions by someone with good ratings who bought her at Dolpa and put her up for around 1000, I preferred paying that premium instead of suffering a heart attack today.

nami

I managed to get Emilia from the local (HK) Volks Friend Shop, Hoshitsukiya, the other day. They put her up for order a few days before Volks and there was a clickwar as well since Volks gave them a very small quota of dolls! She was sold out in 2 mins!