Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

DD Emilia V2

Monty

Don’t forget Ranka and Sheryl also got that second release after the preorder, in 2018 (for the anniversary), which is what those Ranka dolls are leftover from, not the preorder. Ranka was also pretty plentiful even back then so I kinda just assumed by the time that special rerelease happened most people who wanted her already had her… Sheryl I think was more attractive to people outside the macross fandom because she has an atypical DD head. I know quite a few people who got her just so they could have a more mature lady in their collections (and for custom boys too).

burokkori
18 hours ago, finnleo said:

Arent you supposed to treat Sabers like Pokemon...?

Haha I'll try to keep this in mind. It's Saber, and she will sell no matter what small of a change on the next release.

And I'm being reminded of this clip every time. (It's an American show).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8

18 hours ago, finnleo said:

But at the end of the day the re-releases are still a great second chance, especially for folks that are more new to the hobby ... but I do reserve the right to be at least a bit annoyed.

I think the feeling's mutual across the board. Anybody in the same boat wouldn't be entirely truthful if they said they aren't at least a tad disappointed. After all these are expensive limited collectables.

finnleo
6 minutes ago, burokkori said:

And I'm being reminded of this clip every time. (It's an American show).

<offtopic>

*ahem* despite being from what could be described as the redneck lands of ew-roupe, I am not as unrefined, nor uncivilized to not be aware of the Simpsons, or its origins... Its just been maybe 20 or so years since I've last seen an episode of it, so cant really remember or know every skit there is, though that malibu stacy thing is familiar... the other similar skit is the "actual" difference between the Duff beers. And how marge cut up that designer dress time and again to be a bit different.

(I actually preferred Futurama up to the point when it got canned the first time... havent seen the latest Groening series, though im curious, but not enough to warrant another subscription fee.)

</offtopic>

burokkori

Hah, There's good stuff from time to time. The older materials are still better imo.

Luden333

So was there a Sheryl rerelease recently or just Ranka because I am look to get a Sheryl I love the way she looks so much

• Like 1

BeyondTime
43 minutes ago, Luden333 said:

So was there a Sheryl rerelease recently or just Ranka because I am look to get a Sheryl I love the way she looks so much

Sheryl and Ranko both had a re-release in 2018, but Sheryl sold out awhile back. Ranka Lee and Freya Wion are the only two Macross girls still in stock. Freya is stock from her original release, and the Volks product photos don’t really do her justice. They made her makeup look really heavy, and you really need to look at owners photos to judge her. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Elia

Does "cart sale" mean a click war and not a lottery for after event sales? 😵

abs2891
25 minutes ago, Elia said:

Does "cart sale" mean a click war and not a lottery for after event sales? 😵

Unfortunately, yeah - good luck to everyone’s internet connections

finnleo

Well.. with the clickwar with both emt, and scatch, I guess its either lego's or RC's for me with my summer bonus money .... or maybe Chucky ... erm.. Rena...

anyways, EMT now looks to me how she should have in the first place, so good luck to all interested.

Luden333

Will these pop up on the US store or just the Japan store? Also about what time will they show up?

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Luden333 said:

Will these pop up on the US store or just the Japan store? Also about what time will they show up?

Both product pages include links to Volks USA. Usually USA is a lottery even when Japan is clickwar. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Masteryoda1978

Will it be announced exactly what time the click war will be? Or is it just random and people need to keep refreshing the site constantly on Aug 21 to see if she has been released?  Also do customers need a GL membership in order to purchase her? Thank you! 

mayaiincho

Must be a sought after model. Luckily I have zero interest in her. 

Heh hehe heh, I nabbed one of my unicorns a few days back. I can't wait. 

Volks could release Beatrice v2 and id be soooooooooooooooooo overjoyed :)

Edited by mayaiincho

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Masteryoda1978 said:

Will it be announced exactly what time the click war will be? Or is it just random and people need to keep refreshing the site constantly on Aug 21 to see if she has been released?  Also do customers need a GL membership in order to purchase her? Thank you! 

Yes, generally they announce the exact date and time in Japan Time. I think the only time I can recall them picking a random time was when they released Minako Aino and Sakura. They decided to randomize the start to minimize server load. 

Monty
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Yes, generally they announce the exact date and time in Japan Time. I think the only time I can recall them picking a random time was when they released Minako Aino and Sakura. They decided to randomize the start to minimize server load. 

But Minako and Sakura were lottery dolls, not clickwar, so that isn’t really the same. It literally doesn’t matter what time you enter a lottery, you have the same chance as anyone else whether you enter the nanosecond they open them or in the final minute of the last day. It does matter for a clickwar since if you miss the start, you very likely miss out completely. I imagine that Emilia’s sale will start 10am or 12pm JST but they’ll announce it closer to the date, probably once she has her actual store page.

Edited by Monty

BeyondTime
33 minutes ago, Monty said:

It literally doesn’t matter what time you enter a lottery, you have the same chance as anyone else whether you enter the nanosecond they open them or in the final minute of the last day.

Sure, but the point being that they only did an unannounced start time once in my memory, and even that was opened within 30 minutes of the originally announced time IIRC. 

Lynn

(Sorry for the off topic question, but I just can't find the correct thread. I know it is here somewhere, but since it's not pinned down, I don't find it.) 

Does the ORIGINAL Emilias stock outfit stain? I mean those lilac parts. 

finnleo
2 hours ago, Lynn said:

Does the ORIGINAL Emilias stock outfit stain? I mean those lilac parts. 

my EMT (or at least the body she shipped with) has been in the outift roughly since day one of getting her originally, and nothing to report at least what I peeked under the vest and sleeve ends.

However. the question is more that will Volks be using the same identical materials on the V2 outfit, and will that cause issues.

• Like 1

Lynn
22 minutes ago, finnleo said:

my EMT (or at least the body she shipped with) has been in the outift roughly since day one of getting her originally, and nothing to report at least what I peeked under the vest and sleeve ends.

However. the question is more that will Volks be using the same identical materials on the V2 outfit, and will that cause issues.

Thanks for the info, finnleo! My question got answered, because I decided to catch the original Emilia from Mandarake. Ver 2 face up is pretty - really, really pretty - but not suited for the character I had in mind. She also seem to have different coloured eyes than the original. 

I love my Emilia to bits, she is my all time doll grail. 💗 Volks has done such a great job with this outfit, I'm so relieved that it's safe! 

foo

EMT at Doll Point via Twitter,

Hmm, it's a reply to the person's own tweet for Skadi so I guess the forum shows both of them.

• Like 2

I missed out on the first Emilia, I really want this version of her, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to get her. Why does it have to be a click war why can’t it be a lottery

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, QueenAnna said:

I missed out on the first Emilia, I really want this version of her, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to get her. Why does it have to be a click war why can’t it be a lottery

The click wars haven't been too bad lately. Just be sure to login to your account before the event starts, and don't let your login timeout.

• Like 1