Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

2021 DD Pre-order Project - FFXIV Y'shtola

BeyondTime
55 minutes ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

She's SO GORGEOUS 😍 Thanks for the pics! I can't wait to get mine. I've received a shipping notice so it should be soon! (from Square Enix shop EU)

Congrats to you and also to everyone else waiting on SE to ship. 

• Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

kranberrijam

When we first opened her I was already excited. But I literally yelled "SHE HAS TEETH" when I turned her a different way. I have a thing about teeth in dolls, I love it and there's not enough of it.

• Like 2

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Hazukami

Shtola has shipped from SE NA! Won't be able to pick her up from po box until next week tho ; u ;
Can't wait to take photos of her with other FFXVI merch.~

• Like 1

black_magicat
On 4/5/2023 at 9:22 PM, Hazukami said:

Shtola has shipped from SE NA! Won't be able to pick her up from po box until next week tho ; u ;
Can't wait to take photos of her with other FFXVI merch.~

mine stuck on initiated for a couple days, do you know how long yours was on this status before it changed to shipped?

Hazukami
20 hours ago, black_magicat said:

mine stuck on initiated for a couple days, do you know how long yours was on this status before it changed to shipped?

I don't.. I wasn't keeping track of that, I got a notification on the 5th with a tracking number and the doll arrived on the 6th.
I'm also like, 3-4hrs away from their US warehouse, so the time I get items is vastly different from most. I always get items 1-2 days after they ship.
I'd focus more on when you get a tracking number, than the status update. I ordered the doll like a week before they closed orders, but I also placed a separate order last month so I don't know if that quickened the pace of me getting my doll shipped (they shipped in different boxes, but were sent out at the same time).

But yeah, I'd worry after getting tracking and not seeing an update after a week or so!

Edit: Saw some posts back that you live in CA so idk why she hasn't arrived yet.. it might've been my other order that did it.
Hopefully she gets to you soon.

Edited by Hazukami
added more info

black_magicat
On 4/11/2023 at 11:46 AM, Hazukami said:

I don't.. I wasn't keeping track of that, I got a notification on the 5th with a tracking number and the doll arrived on the 6th.
I'm also like, 3-4hrs away from their US warehouse, so the time I get items is vastly different from most. I always get items 1-2 days after they ship.
I'd focus more on when you get a tracking number, than the status update. I ordered the doll like a week before they closed orders, but I also placed a separate order last month so I don't know if that quickened the pace of me getting my doll shipped (they shipped in different boxes, but were sent out at the same time).

But yeah, I'd worry after getting tracking and not seeing an update after a week or so!

Edit: Saw some posts back that you live in CA so idk why she hasn't arrived yet.. it might've been my other order that did it.
Hopefully she gets to you soon.

I ordered mine the day she released... and yes I'm in CA (socal) as well and usually receive my orders very quickly 1-2 days as well so super confused what the hold up is. I checked again and it shows "acknowledged" now.. still no email. It is just super frustrating to be kept waiting so long. 

I also have many other pre-orders with them i got an email for 2 other items on the 4th and received the 5th. (was a music box and stand). so.. i dont think thats a factor here. I honestly dont know what is going on. 

Edit: part of my frustration is that i need to plan to be home when the order arrives so im getting anxious about it. We have alot of porch pirates here so that doesnt help me feel any better x__x

edit: now i feel dumb. guess shes shipping now so should get her soon :)

Edited by black_magicat

black_magicat

Hi everyone. so My Y'shtola arrived today and i opened the box and i have some.. concerns. This is my first dollfie dream purchase so i am not sure if these issues are normal.. or if there might be an issue. 

My dolls head is floppy. i picked her up and the head flopped to the side. It didn't fall off but that didn't seem like it was supposed to do that.. i went to try to take the top head plate off so i could see the inside of the head to see if there was something lose and a magnet popped off the top. :(

I put her back in her box because it was kind of upsetting.

is this normal for new dollfie dreams? I only have experience with resin dolls. I got a second hand Rin and her head doesnt do that at all. im so confused. help?

finnleo
34 minutes ago, black_magicat said:

i picked her up and the head flopped to the side. It didn't fall off but that didn't seem like it was supposed to do that.. i went to try to take the top head plate off so i could see the inside of the head to see if there was something lose and a magnet popped off the top.

The heads on dollfiedreams sit on a ribbed peg, and if their not seated properly down they might be a little wobbly, also the peg piece might be loose on the frame and might need adjusting. but its worth investigating as soon as possible for a replacement there is acutal issues that cant be solved with adjustments.

the magnet popping out is probably because dollfiedream heads have softer headcaps than the head itself, and as you squished it the magnet just popped up because of deformation.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, black_magicat said:

My dolls head is floppy. i picked her up and the head flopped to the side. It didn't fall off but that didn't seem like it was supposed to do that.. i went to try to take the top head plate off so i could see the inside of the head to see if there was something lose and a magnet popped off the top.

If the ribbed peg seem loose, you may just need to tighten the screws. The f3 bodies can sometimes arrive too loose or too tight. They're made to be adjusted, and it's a simple adjustment: https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/support/basebody/howto_ddf3_dd.html

Just tighten a quarter turn at a time until it feels firm enough, don't over tighten, you can test and tighten more as needed. As far as the magnet, just pop it back in and if it doesn't want to stay just secure it with a bit of blu-tack. (It comes in white too if you worry about staining.)

If you take her apart and you see any cracks in the loose part, just contact them. I'm assuming you still contact Volks even if you bought from SE. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Project

I got mine from square today, they didn't even use packing material not that I expected any from their horrible store.  I am amazed the box is undamaged though it is a miracle, kind of mad though so put it away maybe I'll look at her this weekend.