Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

DD KAITO

ceviche

Mine got here today too! I really want to style his wig so any recommendations for things like gel are very appreciated unless there's are already a thread for that? Also excited to get him things like clothes so here's to hoping Volks will have boy outfits at AX this year :3 (really I'll take anything that'll fit him decently)

spacer.png

here's the kaito playlist again to celebrate lol

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJigsM23UAh2eaoynnN2I8PkOslg6DwwH

Edited by ceviche
  • Like 12

MrFjmg03

I finally open him. I renamed him Panchito. I’m so tired right now but I just wanted to see him before I go to sleep. I will take some pictures of him all dress up when I wake up. BUT HE IS SO AWESOME!!!!

Edited by MrFjmg03
  • Like 5

Miruna

I have all of them, including Snow and Sakura Miku. They're all gorgeous.

• Like 2

MrFjmg03

He so cool all dress up :)

Edited by MrFjmg03
  • Like 6

pyoko

All his owner pics are so cute, I regret not ordering him 😢

Any ideas where I still might be able to get him for reasonable price? Guess I will hope for second hand offers in EU or Mandarake. Or a re-release in a few years xD

• Sad 1

chantelle
1 hour ago, pyoko said:

All his owner pics are so cute, I regret not ordering him 😢

Any ideas where I still might be able to get him for reasonable price? Guess I will hope for second hand offers in EU or Mandarake. Or a re-release in a few years xD

Maybe keep the look out on Yahoo Auctions and Dollyteria as well? Hope you can find him!

• Like 2

Roxanne

Congratulations to everyone and their boy! He is my first boy and I'm absolutely smitten by him!

9bKkfXC.jpg

GP4enlf.jpg

• Like 9

My instagram! 

Noxxbunny
On 5/30/2023 at 10:52 AM, jazijaz said:

@onion12@

I just wanted to say that I'm very happy for you!  I remember you making your own Kaito from DDH07 many years ago and even mini Kaito 😍 I was so amazed at your work! I always loved your Kaito customs. Your custom boys are so cute and you're very talented. Finally you have default Kaito in your Kaito family!! 

Ahhh thank you!! And yes! I need to prep everything this weekend to take pictures of them all together. Now I think of my custom one as V1 Kaito and now he finally has his V3 brother 😂 Thank you so much though, I've always loved seeing your boys too!! They've always been a big inspiration to me when I started making my own into boys!

• Like 2

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Monty

You know, when he was first announced I was initially worried Kaito wasn’t going to do very well - boys always seem so much less popular than girls, and then there was Meiko being so unpopular that she shipped months ahead of schedule…obviously Kaito has fans, but I wasn’t sure how many were willing to pay DD prices for him, especially new fans. So seeing how popular he seemed to be makes me happy.  
I look for owner pics when DDs I like come out, and I was actually surprised at the sheer number of them. I was surprised how much I had to scroll each day just to see new ones I hadn’t seen before!

With how popular he is, I really hope Volks make even more boyish/unisex clothes for DD - I’m glad they do now and then but they’re still few and far between.

I’m still waiting for mine (I guess he’s walking here, with the time it’s taking..) so I’m a bit jealous, but at least I have a lot of pics to look at.

Also just saw these pics from the Crypton twitter…

• Like 4

hellFlower

He arrived! This sculpt is everything I wanted and more. I'm so excited to wipe him clean and give him a new faceup, but I need to wait for better weather first!
52945419720_291fe0331c_h.jpg

The boys are finally together... One is forced to be in a cobbled together outfit because someone made a clothing order for him way too late.... They're also tailless and earless but just ignore that lol
52945495638_7265543bec_h.jpg

• Like 10

Xiongmao
On 5/31/2023 at 1:04 AM, toughstermcg said:

After making us wait so long, you know first order of business was matchy matchy with the bestie:

spacer.png

Wow, this Kaito thread is really popular!

OK so now I know my Kaito's not alone in exploring his feminine side 😁. Mine too has a bestie and they're in matching outfits. I'll post a photo later. Right now I'm busy redressing Iori & Yayoi. While I'm busy with those pair, I would not be surprised if one of my girls stole Kaito's painted nails hands (or his spare hands).

As with many of my girls I want to keep his outfit and wig in mint condition. I did initially think I might turn him into a character from Attack on Titan. However that would be a really complex cosplay. Now me and my girls have been watching the absolutely brilliant Death Note and I think I might turn him and his belle into the main characters from this show. For Kaito I'd just need a shirt, pants and maybe a change of eyes. We probably already have the gothic outfits to make a convincing Misa chan.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Ikataru

I am assuming that everyone who has gotten him so far had ordered through VOLKS JP. Does anyone know the ETA for ones that were ordered through VOLKS International or VOLKS US website? 

kaijuguts
7 hours ago, Ikataru said:

I am assuming that everyone who has gotten him so far had ordered through VOLKS JP. Does anyone know the ETA for ones that were ordered through VOLKS International or VOLKS US website? 

No specific date, but I received an email from Volks USA on May 30th. It said delivery was still on track for summer 2023, and that they'll start collecting payment for the remaining balance due around mid June.
I'm so impatient 😭

NeeP

Mine showed up yesterday, even though I was expecting him next week.  I love the way he looks, and Rinto is pretty happy to see him…

IMG_2273.jpeg

• Like 8

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

OccultBeast

I just realised I never posted my KAITO here even though I made this thread back when he was announced...! 😂

He arrived to me on May 29th and has been sitting politely beside me on my desk ever since.  I've ordered a full Asachanchi frame for him (which hopefully comes sooner rather than later...) and he's got new eyes still on the way, but I already love him dearly.  He's even got his own Instagram account lol

KAITOarrival-19SHOPPEDWM.jpg.457b62336b7b6823be25f341f73b6d0a.jpg

• Like 10

Monty

Mine finally showed up today! I had been getting a bit antsy and was worried I might not like him as much as I hoped to, but I do like him a lot (despite his wig being…not great.) 

Fx22DF0aMAAJIoy?format=jpg&name=large
It’s surreal because I’ve wanted a big Kaito doll for over 8 years - and me wanting to make one was what originally brought me to this forum (or the earlier incarnation of it, anyway). In a way it’s like my collecting came full circle.

Edit: A word to the wise, the bead thingys on his zippers come off really easily, particularly the lower one. It fell off when I was dressing him and again when I put his peace hand on - I didn’t even notice, but you can see it’s fallen off in that photo. If you look closely, you can see where it fell on top of his belt!

Edited by Monty
  • Like 9

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Monty said:

A word to the wise, the bead thingys on his zippers come off really easily, particularly the lower one.

Can you replace it with a new bit of wire that has a better closure? I can't see detail, but it looks like the ring at the top is too small to close more and because of that the gap is too big to keep it in place. I had to do that with the necklace that came with Makoto's Pink Diamond outfit because the ring broke off. I basically just shaped a new ring at the end of a bit of wire, stuffed the wire into the little tube with some epoxy, and voila it was fixed.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DeadlyNova

I managed to get a Kaito from Yahoo Japan and he's on his way to me now and I'm so excited! ❤️ Sadly he's definitely going to arrive while I'm on vacation, but my roommates will make sure he makes it inside safely and I'll stare at all your lovely photos in the meantime. 

• Like 3

CeliathePikachu

Kaito spam!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

Xiongmao

Wow after looking at the Kaito photos in this thread I realise his eyes are off centre. I don't know how we feel about that but the girls think it's definitely odd.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

jazijaz
On 6/1/2023 at 8:33 PM, Noxxbunny said:

Ahhh thank you!! And yes! I need to prep everything this weekend to take pictures of them all together. Now I think of my custom one as V1 Kaito and now he finally has his V3 brother 😂 Thank you so much though, I've always loved seeing your boys too!! They've always been a big inspiration to me when I started making my own into boys!

Back then when boys were not so available I loved to see what people did to make DD boys and yours were some of my favorites! Can't wait to see pics with all Kaitos ❤️

Finally I don't have to Frankenstein DD bodies to have DD boys 😅 and I told to myself that I would get every DD boy Volks releases and so far that has been going well. Kaito joins my crew, he is so cute!!  😍

I have no plans with him, I like everything and I usually change everything but I like his face up (I just added a bit of color to his lips and cheeks), his eyes, his wig (in the end I didn't contact Volks, I'm using his mic to hide the weird hole on the right of his wig) but I'm still figuring out his style. He is wearing Sky's clothes here, the colorful style seems to suit him. 

I also kept the name Kaito 🤭 when I get fed up with the wig everything will probably change but for now this is my precious Kaito

Oh btw, everyone's Kaito is soooo adorable. I love this sculpt so much. I hope this thread never dies! Congrats everyone and those who want a Kaito I hope you can find him, he is soooo worth it.

DSC_0036.png

Edited by jazijaz
  • Like 10

ateliermiel

Really regretting not getting in on him and Len and opting for a Dolpa purchase instead. Kaito's face is just adorable! Thank you guys for sharing your pictures!

• Like 2

mizya

Congrats to everyone who's gotten Kaito and those of you who are still waiting, hang in there! ^^ ❤️

I'm in the process of repainting my boy and I took some blank photos after I'd wiped his default, so I figured I'd share for reference in case there are others interested in customising him:

DD KAITO

I'm painting mine to have a sharper eye shape (referencing the art on his box) in hopes of making him look a bit more grown up. Not that there's anything wrong with him looking cutesy, it's just my personal preference to have sharper features for my Vocaloid DDs. xD

• Like 12

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

Hologram

Does your Kaito's pants have a strong smell? 😅 I was looking everywhere for the source then opened the doll cabinet and found the culprit 😫 I'm letting his clothes under the sun, hope the chemical smell goes away