Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

DD KAITO

Tira
9 hours ago, Hologram said:

Does your Kaito's pants have a strong smell? 😅 I was looking everywhere for the source then opened the doll cabinet and found the culprit 😫 I'm letting his clothes under the sun, hope the chemical smell goes away

Nope, mine don't smell at all. I did notice a strong plastic chemical smell when I opened the box at first, but it was mostly gone by the time I got him out and dressed.

AwkwardMango

Heres some pics of my 2 Kaitos I opened a while ago next to my Miku AI, I love them so much!20230604_123026.jpg.c51e96d962f240bf53ccd7fefdbdfc58.jpg.64bc1ea87460f54e31ac97b248594c72.jpg

Edited by AwkwardMango
  • Like 8

kaijuguts

Ordered from Volks USA and got my remaining payment invoice on the 16th!
Just paid now - I'm so excited to finally get him 😭

Tangentially related, but does anyone know of a good DD bodysuit alternative? I've been waiting for the bodysuit on Volks USA to come back in stock for weeks now, and i'm super scared of putting any of Kaito's clothes on without one 😅

BeyondTime
18 minutes ago, kaijuguts said:

Tangentially related, but does anyone know of a good DD bodysuit alternative?

Coolcats sells Dollfie bodysuits. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

AwkwardMango
1 hour ago, kaijuguts said:

Ordered from Volks USA and got my remaining payment invoice on the 16th!
Just paid now - I'm so excited to finally get him 😭

Tangentially related, but does anyone know of a good DD bodysuit alternative? I've been waiting for the bodysuit on Volks USA to come back in stock for weeks now, and i'm super scared of putting any of Kaito's clothes on without one 😅

Dollremi also sells bodysuits for DD's.

Xiongmao

Bodysuits were back in stock when I checked Volks Japan yesterday.

Incidentally the DDdy ones fit regular DD and DDS pretty well. On the downside they have an ugly seam down the outside of the upper leg. For some outfits this won't matter though.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Ikataru

My handsome Kaito arrived today from the VOLKS USA store!!!!!

Aside from that he's beautiful!!! I also got the Senbonzakura outfit but I have yet to open that. 

20230720_150530.jpg

20230720_141423.jpg

Edited by Ikataru
  • Like 12

katnaper
On 7/20/2023 at 1:26 PM, Ikataru said:

My handsome Kaito arrived today from the VOLKS USA store!!!!!

Aside from that he's beautiful!!! I also got the Senbonzakura outfit but I have yet to open that. 

20230720_150530.jpg

20230720_141423.jpg

Nice! I finally got my shipment notification from Volks USA as well. Looking forward to seeing this boy soon. For now I'll just stare at your boy's lovely smile😍

• Like 2

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Monty

I know some people have reported that his wig seemed low quality, but I’m wondering how widespread that is. A lot of the ones I’ve seen look fine, whether they’ve been styled or whether they’re plopped onto his head straight out of the bag by someone new to dolls. Unfortunately my one is…bad, and I hate to say it kinda lessens my motivation to take photos of him when I can’t seem to make it look good at all. It seems like the wig quality is inconsistent across Kaitos, anyway.

Normally I don’t care that much about bad wigs because I tend to use different ones but Kaito I wanted as Kaito, and wigs like his in the same colour and style are basically impossible to find, so I was really counting on it being good… It’s cut weirdly shaggy and very unevenly, with bits that stick out in ways they shouldn’t. I’m too afraid of trying to trim it and potentially irreversibly ruining it, and the attempts I have made at using styling products actually made it look even worse, so I washed them out again. What are other people doing to style his wig? I really want to take photos of mine given that I’ve had him nearly two months now, but the wig is driving me crazy.

Sundae

My Kaito just arrived today from Pappates Store!

I have.... no idea how to handle the wig, but he's so pretty even with the bad quality photo and without his jacket and accessories

Spoiler

IMG_5767.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Xiongmao
3 hours ago, Monty said:

I know some people have reported that his wig seemed low quality, but I’m wondering how widespread that is.

I'm so paranoid about this that neither my Kaito or Yor have ever unboxed their original wigs.

Yor is currently wearing the wig from the old Volks tennis set. It's quite a good fit to her actual hair, and of course she's also well know for playing tennis too.

My Kaito is... well he's wearing girl hand-me-downs until I decide what to do with him 🙄.

Of all my girls I think Towa had the trashiest wig - I've since given her a Towa-on-steroids wig that I found on Yahoo Auctions. It's the same colour as her original but is much thicker and longer than the original. I think this is the best long term approach.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

toughstermcg
4 hours ago, Monty said:

Normally I don’t care that much about bad wigs because I tend to use different ones but Kaito I wanted as Kaito, and wigs like his in the same colour and style are basically impossible to find, so I was really counting on it being good… It’s cut weirdly shaggy and very unevenly, with bits that stick out in ways they shouldn’t. 

This is my exact experience as well yeah :( I have a few other blue wigs from Luts but they're not the same color and I haven't tried styling them to look more Kaito-ish. In general I really don't like Volks's wigs, the only default character wig I actually use is Santa Alter.

Ikataru

My Kaito's wig came damaged. A large chunk of the side was just cut off. It looked really bad. I contacted Volks USA about it and they said they would get back to me on that. For now his head just stays turned so you can't see the missing hair.  My Pullip Kaito had very bad hair as well back when I got him and ended up having a friend make a fur wig that he's had for years. I am very tempted to do the same for DD Kaito unless they are able to send me a replacement.

BeyondTime
59 minutes ago, Ikataru said:

I am very tempted to do the same for DD Kaito unless they are able to send me a replacement.

Did you send them pictures? That made a difference when the 2B issues with the cracked neck peg occurred.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

mizya
5 hours ago, Ikataru said:

My Kaito's wig came damaged. A large chunk of the side was just cut off. It looked really bad. 

I'm afraid they've cut a large chunk off of the (doll's) left side because of his earpiece, so it's been done on purpose. However, I agree that it's been cut really badly. There's no way to style the wig I have for my Kaito according to the leaflet's instructions:

kaito_wig_leaflet.jpg

The leaflet suggests that you have longer fibers (I circled those with red) that you can style around the earpiece, but that certainly wasn't the case with the wig I got. It was way too short on the left side, so eventually I had to cut the right side too to make it seem a little more balanced. The back of the wig was also sticking up weirdly, like it wasn't sown together properly.

I don't even expect much from Volks wigs, but this wig was far worse than anything else I've ever gotten. Here's a photo of my boy's wig from the left side:

kaito_arrival022.jpg

You can see more photos and my rant about the wig in my blog. I debated contacting Volks about it, but in the end I didn't bother. It's sad, though, because the colour is really nice and I can't find anything similar from my trusted wigmakers. All the blues that I see are either too dark or too light, or then the tint is more green or purple, rather than this lovely deep blue.

Please let us know what Volks responds to you, @Ikataru. They certainly should offer you a replacement for the wig, as it looks like someone just erratically hacked into it with scissors rather than cut it properly.

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

Monty

I had some luck styling Kaito’s wig today, using a hair dryer to heat it and then hold down the fibers while it was hot (I don’t know why I didn’t try this until now). It’s still not perfect, but it looks ‘rounder’ now in that it conforms to the shape of his head better. The problem I had with it before was that parts didn’t sit right and stuck out at odd angles, especially the two side bangs that hang in front of his ears, but just getting them to curl more toward his face helped a lot and makes me finally want to take photos of him again (when I have time, anyway).

• Like 3

Sebby

I think I got lucky with my Kaito's wig, though I don't really use it. 

I just... Is it just me or does his head seem a bit bigger than usual? I love my Kaito and he looks great as Kaito, but with a T-shirt I find his proportions a bit off. I had wanted him for a custom character but I guess he'll just stay as Kaito.

Ikataru

Yes, I did send them photos and they are sending me a replacement. They had me send back the original. 

The issue with mine is that the chunk(s) were taking out of the wrong side and was done very messily. The side where the earpiece goes looked the way that it should with the small cutout ...but the other side was cut all the way up to the "scalp" and very-very choppy. Upon sending the photos they instantly said it was a mistake and they'd have me a new one asap. Sadly, asap means Mid-September. So, until then Kaito is borrowing a short pink wig from another doll so he's not bald. 

• Like 1

ceviche

More Kaito pics I wanted to share on here 

I've definitely noticed the wig issues too so I decided to boil and style his hair. It took about a whole day of having his head wrapped in plastic and lots of water wax

spacer.pngspacer.png

even then I feel like it needs work lol

• Like 13

PolitelyNefarious

@ceviche To my untrained eye, you've done wonders here. It already looks more source-accurate than the default. I especially like that central bang, with its fluffy edge. Striking!

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

ceviche

@PolitelyNefarious thank you! I'm glad it comes across that way cause I'm definitely not well practiced 😂 but I did try my best

Innocentsake

I saw a lot of people wanting to a find a replacement for their Kaito wig and while scrolling Twitter I saw a post by Insomniadoll.

https://insomniadoll.com/

Scrolling down will show their featured wigs and there are a couple different styles in a nice dark blue color 💙  You'll need a proxy (I use Zenmarket) to purchase from them. Hopefully this helps anyone wanting a new wig for their Kaito.

• Thanks 4

Wonderously_Strange

I really came in just a bit too late to the party, haha. 

I got into Vocaloid thanks to a few online friends back in September (I'm basic- Kaito, Miku, and Rin are my top three favorites), and joined DollDreaming in November as I began to get more serious about wanting to begin collecting 1/3 vinyl dolls, and didn't get my first job until the start of this year. 

I hope one day Volks will do a reboot of Kaito, though it may be a long, long time (iirc, Miku's reboot was 6 years after her original release, and Rin and Len's was 7 years after their original release). In the meantime, I just adore seeing everyone's photos of him! He's just the sweetest. 

• Like 2

roro_robot
11 hours ago, Wonderously_Strange said:

I hope one day Volks will do a reboot of Kaito, though it may be a long, long time (iirc, Miku's reboot was 6 years after her original release, and Rin and Len's was 7 years after their original release). In the meantime, I just adore seeing everyone's photos of him! He's just the sweetest. 

Unfortunately the reboots do end up being quite a long wait, although a part of me thinks that with Meiko having her 20th release anniversary this year they may potentially give her a slightly early reboot? Sometimes they do like to line up larger announcements and releases with these dates. Kaito similarly has his 20th in early 2026 so if we are lucky that could be a possibility (or more likely just wishful thinking 😅) I hope someday you are able to collect the ones you are seeking either with a reboot or a lucky find somewhere <3 

Also while on the topic today is the last day of Kaito's 18th anniversary (14th Yamaha - 17th Crypton) and a new clothing set arrived from Mercari just in time to celebrate! 

423636205_kaitoanni.jpg.0050d457d6c48ae61bcdbdfe4e27fb0a.jpg

• Like 4

Wonderously_Strange

@roro_robot Your Kaito is absolutely adorable! His new outfit suits him perfectly. Happy birthday, Kaito! :)

Good thought about Meiko and Kaito potentially getting earlier reboots! I'd love to get them. 

• Like 1