The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

chef_mai

Clothing Comparisons for Obitsu / Azone / AP (+ MDD)

chef_mai

My website host destroyed this post by dropping my images. I'll restore them in the future once I've figured out a reliable way to get them back up.

Rules: This topic is intended to be SAFE FOR VIEWING, so there will be NO doll nudity. Thanks!

This topic contains writeups for outfits I own that fit well [or not] on MDD, 45, 48/50cm Obitsu-type bodies, including AZO2 and Angel Philia. 

Disclaimer: While I've done the best I can to ensure the accuracy of my posts, I make no guarantees about what clothes will fit. Please check with the vendor before you buy! 

2024 Update: I no longer own half the outfits here and no longer own any curvy bodies. Going forward, I'll focus on comparing clothing fit between MDD, 45cm and 48cm class dolls.

Quick Links

Clothes for Azone 45cm 

Many MDD/DDP clothes will fit readily on the Azone 45cm body (Iris Collect Petit). The fit will be similar to MDD (M) rather than MDD (S), so watch out on tight fitting garments made specifically for the S bust (Japanese dealer clothes).

Tops will run shorter and can sometimes barely cover the waist.

Clothes designed for Obitsu 48/50 will run long in the sleeves for tops and longer for bottoms.

Tops on Small/Medium Busts (Obitsu S/M, AZO2 C, Angel Philia H2/H/C1/I)

On normal sized busts, you have many options. Azone tops fit the best.

• Short Sleeves - Many MDD tops will fit, but the hem may be short
  • Long Sleeves - Tops designed for Obitsu & Azone will fit the best. Long-sleeved MDD/DDP tops will be too short in the sleeves and may run short in the torso.

Besides Azone, LittleWonder carries tops made specifically for Obitsu.

1346888052_ScreenShot2022-02-18at8_09_15PM.png.6cb5c74140b30011e2b67ba0a6bf3349.png
(Difference in sleeve length between MDD and Obitsu tops)

Tops on Large Busts (Obitsu L, AZO2 G/I, Angel Philia G/C2/C3)

Your options are limited since these sizes are too big for most MDD-sized clothing and not sized properly for SDDD-sized clothing. Most clothing that fits well will be from Azone's AZO2 line.

Baggy MDD clothing can sometimes work. LittleWonder also makes clothing for this size.

Some DD clothing may fit acceptably if it's sized for SS/S/M, but tops will run long on the torso and wide around the neck and shoulders.

Bottoms on Obitsu 48/50

Many MSD/MDD skirts fit readily on these bodies. Besides Azone, LittleWonder makes a line of compatible skirts specifically for Obitsu 48/50.

Some MDD shorts fit, but I've found that getting them past the legs is a challenge. Nine9 and TTYA make shorts, but between the two, I've had better luck getting the Nine9 ones up and less luck with the TTYA denim ones.

Bottoms on Angel Philia-C

Angel Philia C has moderately slim hips but thicker legs. They'll fit into most MSD/MDD skirts, but they'll sit a little bit higher and run a little shorter.

No shorts will fit on AP-C. MDD shorts won't pass through the legs unless they're designed for Mochiashi, but DD shorts will be oversized. If your girl wants to wear shorts, avoid this size.

Bottoms on AZO2 + Angel Philia H/I

Shorts

Buy DD-sized shorts. The Azone denim shorts, while simple, are cheap, easy to find and fit well due to their elasticity. TTYA or Nine9 make nice pairs, but they can run tight on Angel Philia.

774297731_ScreenShot2022-02-18at8_02_45PM.png.c9932ec6eab8f7c7cef2abb65061cf0c.png1054527524_ScreenShot2022-02-18at8_02_58PM.png.d03d798679c77302b887e2dbe0f9f5c6.png

Skirts

AZO2 skirts fit the best. They slip up the legs and are just the right waist size.

spacer.png

I don't recommend MDD skirts on AZO2 and Angel Philia. Getting them past the legs is tough. They'll be micro-mini length unless that's what you're after.

639561110_ScreenShot2022-04-17at2_22_36PM.png.9912292be6a157e1d485ee798120504f.png

DD-sized skirts will look oversized. Compared to MDD and Azone skirts, they flare out and run considerably wider.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Avoid SD-sized skirts. The waist is too wide, so they'll fall down and sit unnaturally low.

Shoes (just get Volks MDD shoes)

Obitsu feet are advertised as 6cm in size vs 5cm for MDD and 5.5cm for DDP. However, I find that Azone-made shoes run small, despite being made for Obitsu feet.

Every pair of Volks MDD shoes I've gotten fits well, especially those that are advertised as fitting both DDP & Mochiashi feet. Non-Volks Shoes made for MDD are hit and miss. 

(I check the fit on Azone, Volks and other shoes in a dedicated post)

Measurements

Disclaimer: These measurements were pulled from a mix of sources + my own measurements as a basis for comparison. I don't guarantee their full accuracy.

Azone AZO2

Hips: 23.5cm
Waist: 14.0cm
Bust (C/G/I): 18.75cm/22cm/23cm
Arm Length: 15.5cm
Thigh Circumference: 14.8cm

Angel Philia

Hips (H/C): 23.5cm/21.5cm
Waist (H/C): 14.0cm/13.8cm
Bust (H2/H/C5): 19cm(?)/20cm/21cm
Arm Length: 15cm
Thigh Circumference (H/C): 15.5cm/13.6cm

AP torso numbers run 1cm higher due to a "thick" trunk but are shaped similar to Obitsu S/M/L busts.

"C" torsos are close to O50 dimensions and wear most O50/MDD bottoms while "H" torsos wear DD bottoms like AZO2.

MDD

Hips: 18.5cm
Waist: 13.5cm
Bust: 15.5cm/17cm/18cm
Arm Length: 12cm 
Thigh Circumference: 11cm (13cm for mochi)

Dollbot

Hips: 22.0cm
Waist: 14.5cm
Bust: 17.0cm (S)
Arm Length: 12.0cm 
Thigh Circumference: 13.5cm

Azone 45

Hips: 21.0cm
Waist: 14.0cm
Bust:17.5cm
Arm Length: 13.5cm
Thigh Circumference: ~12.5cm (estimate) 

Obitsu 48/50

Hips: 20.0cm
Waist: 13.0cm
Bust (S/M/L): 17.0cm(?)/18.5cm/20.25cm
Arm Length: 15cm
Thigh Circumference: 12.8cm

Volks DDP

Hips: 21.0cm
Waist: 13.5cm
Bust: 17.5cm
Arm Length: 13.5cm <-- (This is MUCH shorter than the Obitsu, so watch out when buying long sleeve shirts that fit a DDP)
Thigh Circumference: ???

Edited by chef_mai
2024 update
  • Like 1

chef_mai

Maya's Summer Uniform from 'Is the order a rabbit?'

Mai came with the summer uniform that Chino/Maya/Megu often wear in Gochiusa. It's designed for the Azone 45 body.

It already fit that body snugly around the torso, so it was a tight fit on a larger body.

On 48cm

The skirt's a little short on a 48cm girl, but it otherwise closely resembles the uniform as it appears in the anime.

The back won't snap unless it's an Obitsu S bust or equivalent.

spacer.png spacer.png

On 45cm

(This is what she looks like on the original body)

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 2

chef_mai

Azone AZO2 Duffle Coat ($35)

A duffle coat is perfect for cold days like today! 

The coat closely resembles a real duffle coat in design and material feel. No hooks or button snaps here.

The outer shell is made of a felt-like material, while the inside is lined like a jacket for reduced friction when dressing. It comes with a hood and two decorative pockets.

Although this is an older piece, it hasn't been discontinued and gets restocked every so often on 1999 and Azone's own store. Azone doesn't do much casual outerwear, so I'm glad I picked this up!

On 48cm

The coat's rated as best fitting for Obitsu-L and AZO2-C/G, but it's tight even on medium-sized busts. 

I wouldn't wear anything too bulky underneath.

The coat looks great unbuttoned too.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 45cm

The sleeves are too long, but long sleeves can look cute with the right coordination.

[PIC]

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 1

chef_mai

Azone 50cm Camisole Dress & Cardigan set ($35)

Azone makes quite a few AZO2-compatible dresses, but I find that many are costumes, rather than something that'd be worn in real life. Instead, I got a non-AZO2 one that's fit for casual, everyday use. 

This set gets restocked in a mint color on Hobby Search / 1999.

On 48cm

The dress runs down to just above the knees. The dress is easier to slip on from the head, but it may be possible to approach from the legs with careful squeezing.

The cardigan runs small, and the buttons are fiddly.

spacer.pngspacer.png

The dress coordinates well with a short-sleeved top.

spacer.png

On AZO2-G

On the G, the cardigan won't button shut, and the dress just barely slips on (from the head). The dress alone looks good, but it's cutting it close.

On 45cm

Fits well but runs longer.

Edited by chef_mai
I no longer own this outfit, so I can't update this post.
  • Like 2

chef_mai

Azone 45cm Knit Sweater Dress ($50)

In 2021, Azone released a knit sweater dress that's designed for 45cm girls but is listed as "small" for AZO2. It's on the pricier side for a single Azone piece but is made exactly like a real sweater.

The sleeves are short since it's designed for 45cm girls. The collar is meant to be rolled down, and I recommend pulling it off the shoulders for a cuter look.

The sweater is sheer. If you put anything colorful underneath, it will show.

On 48cm (curvy)

This sweater looks terrific on Angel Philia bodies. The sweater hugs the body closely while drawing attention to the AP's thighs. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 45cm

It's a cute, oversized look on a 45cm body.

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai
I no longer own this outfit, so I can't update this post.
  • Like 2

chef_mai

Azone AZO2 Usamimi Hoodie ($30)

This is the latest in Azone's line of pastel-colored bunny hoodies. It comes in three colors - pink, ice blue and black.

The hoodie zips down all the way to the skirt, making it possible to put it on from the legs vs. the head. 

On 48cm

The hoodie fits fine and isn't difficult to dress from the legs.

Angel Philia (H) legs don't look right with this outfit.

spacer.pngspacer.png

But the AZO2 ones look a lot better.

spacer.png

On 45cm

Although this piece is marketed as for AZO2, it fits the 45cm body best of all. It's cute, the sleeves as long and just feels like a match made in heaven.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai

BeyondTime

Volks does make these: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_FASHION/4518992434773.html 

They would be longer on an AZ02, and the AZ02 has smaller feet, but calf and thigh seem similar to DDS

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

chef_mai

I ordered these socks alongside the Rena uniform among other things last week. Hopefully this fits.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992433103.html

I'm still having trouble finding normal socks that are thigh-length on 48cm. Everything I've gotten so far is either just past the knee (what she's wearing) or ends up being high enough to be tights. Even the official AZO2 socks ended up being too long (??).

I sorta faked it in the sweater pic by rolling down the long pair which was made for DD.

BeyondTime
30 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

I'm still having trouble finding normal socks that are thigh-length on 48cm.

Check Coolcats sock collection. To my recollection they have white socks that should go up to maybe mid to upper thigh on a 48 cm. It’s an estimate because I don’t have one, but to my recollection they are just mid thigh on a DDS. It really depends on how much shorter the legs on a 48cm are. Azone 50 cm has legs that are the same length as DDS

30 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

Hopefully this fits.

The model for those is a Mochi Ashi, and as far as I know they wear MDD socks. The caveat being that “Ashi” in addition to meaning “foot”, has a connotation of sturdy plump legs attached to the foot.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

chef_mai

The AZO2 48cm legs are 2cm shorter in the shins and the same thigh length as the 50cm.

Mai's socks are actually the DD-sized coolcat ones. She's wearing the "knee socks" that end up just past the knee on her (on DD, they fall right below). The slightly rolled socks in the pic with the sweater are "thigh high" DD socks.

They didn't have the (white) DD over-knee socks or any longer MDD socks in stock unfortunately.

BeyondTime
10 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

They didn't have the (white) DD over-knee socks or any longer MDD socks in stock unfortunately.

Darn, they made decent socks. 

Nine9Style makes MSD sized knee socks in a variety of styles. MSD is an equivalent to MDD, but not exactly the same. You should be able to find body measurements for MSD on DenOfAngels. 

http://nine9style.com/category/inner-acc/581/

They have MSD panty hose too. Not a lot of makers for actual hose, it’s usually just garters/stockings or socks. 

• Like 1

chef_mai

Volks Sailor Uniform - Mini ($59)

I got the Volks mini school uniform for my 45cm Azone girl, but seeing that it fits DDP well, I was hoping that maybe it'd also fit Mai.

The Top (on 48cm)

No good. The sleeves are too short.

spacer.png

The Skirt (on 48cm)

The skirt slips on with no difficulty and fits great if you don't mind the shorter length. I've been using it as a coordination piece with many other outfits.

The material is satiny, and the pleats are more defined than on others.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

On 45cm

Here's how the same outfit looks on my 45cm Azone. Even here, the sleeves run a little short, and the blouse itself runs a bit short too. 

spacer.png

Edited by chef_mai

Tierparkzone
On 1/1/2022 at 6:12 AM, chef_mai said:

I ordered these socks alongside the Rena uniform among other things last week. Hopefully this fits.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992433103.html

They likely will be fine. I got these for my Ellie as well:

bd1174377fb6a15137110adfd5bb2391.jpg

And while her thighs are thicker (because Angel Philia), her legs are Obitsu 48 length.

On 12/31/2021 at 10:29 PM, BeyondTime said:

Volks does make these: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_FASHION/4518992434773.html 

They would be longer on an AZ02, and the AZ02 has smaller feet, but calf and thigh seem similar to DDS

I'm still having trouble finding normal socks that are thigh-length on 48cm. Everything I've gotten so far is either just past the knee (what she's wearing) or ends up being high enough to be tights. Even the official AZO2 socks ended up being too long (??).

For those, I'd reckon the MDD variant might be a better fit: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992430096.html

But then you'll get the issue again, that they will reach only barely above the knee...

Edited by Tierparkzone
  • Like 2

chef_mai
3 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

They likely will be fine. I got these for my Ellie as well:

And while her thighs are thicker (because Angel Philia), her legs are Obitsu 48 length.

Ellie is a 48cm AP? She looks MDD-like from that angle!

I ordered that same striped hoodie Volks set for my 45cm girl, so I'm glad it may also fit well on Mai and not run too short.

Edited by chef_mai

Tierparkzone
8 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

Ellie is a 48cm AP? She looks MDD-like from that angle!

The modern Angel Philia all use the Obitsu 48 skeleton and some standard shell parts like arms and feet.

8 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

I ordered that same striped hoodie Volks set for my 45cm girl, so I'm glad it may also fit well on Mai and not run too short.

The hoodie she's wearing in the photo above is the DD sized one, though...   It's oversized look makes for a great comfy pyjama.

But the MDD/DDP version is probably not a bad fit for your girls either - the fabric is pretty stretchy.

• Like 1

chef_mai

Azone AZO2 Simple Tee ($16)

If you want a nice-fitting shirt that hugs the body, this is one of the best despite the questionable build quality.

The tee is a cheaply built for a first-party effort -- it's pilled over time and one of the snaps has come loose after a month of use. 

On 48cm

The shirt fits similarly on these sizes. Even with relatively small busts, the body's curves show up nicely.

spacer.pngspacer.png
(On Angel Philia H, AZO2-C)

On 45cm

I'm not a fan of the look. Oversized shirts can look cute, but this isn't the right kind of oversized.

[TODO: photo]

Edited by chef_mai

chef_mai

Volks Rena Ryugu Uniform Set ($89)

Volks doesn't offer a standard summer-style uniform, so I opted for Rena's uniform instead. It comes with a blouse, tie, skirt, socks and loafers. The tie hooks in using snaps, while the collar snaps in entirely using buttons. 

Mai wanted to try on the Rena uniform right away.

The Shoes

The loafers are bigger than the Azone ones despite being for smaller feet. They're also way better quality, as is the rest of the uniform.

Mai had no trouble slipping them on, even with thicker socks on. 

spacer.png

(2023 update - After 2 years of heavy use, the shoes are starting to peel a little. I still love them and wouldn't hesitate to get then again since nothing fits or looks better than these.)

The Blouse

The blouse is made from a high quality twill-like material similar to what I'd find on a nicer dress shirt and is much nicer than the satin that's used on the winter uniform and well above the quality of anything Azone makes.

The Volks site only mentions this uniform fitting on MDD, but it'll also fit on a DDP.

On 45cm

The blouse fits well on my 45cm Azone. It's a tad short (barely clearing the waist) and a bit tight in the shoulders, but it snaps just fine.

The skirt... there's a weird bump around where it meets the hips, but it otherwise looks fine. 

spacer.png

On 48cm (small busts)

The blouse is a little short, but it's a great look all around. I think it looks better than it does on the 45cm.

spacer.png

On 48cm (medium busts)

It looks good from the front once dressed, but...

spacer.png

It's tight in the shoulders, and I couldn't get the middle buttons to snap on a medium-sized bust. 

spacer.png

You can hide the issues with a cardigan.

spacer.png

The Skirt

The skirt's designed for MDD and unlike the other Volks skirt I own, this one runs narrower and closes with just one button.

Because of this design, it doesn't slip up thicker legs unless dressed from the top.

On 48cm

Fits great.

spacer.png

On 48cm (AZO2, Angel Philia H)

No good. The skirt had to be put on from the top, and it's too short.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by chef_mai

chef_mai

Volks Striped Parka Set ($49)

This popular set includes a zip-up striped hoodie, lacy yellow camisole and ruffled shorts.

I initially had trouble figuring out the zipper, but with BeyondTime's advice, I discovered that the trick is to push the zipper in until you hear a click before attempting to zip up.

On 48cm

The hoodie fits fine, but the sleeves are too short. Rolling them up conceals this quirk.

The yellow camisole fits small/medium busts fine. Large is starting to push it.

The ruffled shorts don't fit on AZO2, so I subbed in a pair of AZO2 denim shorts.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 45cm

Fits perfectly.

Edited by chef_mai

BeyondTime
16 minutes ago, chef_mai said:

Just got this hoodie set in, and I'm surprisingly having trouble zipping it back up... it just is stuck at the bottom. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

I find it can be really hard to get the little tab that inserts into the zipper all the way down on those tiny outfits. Most likely it’s not in far enough, and that’s why it won’t zip. 

• Like 1

chef_mai
29 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I find it can be really hard to get the little tab that inserts into the zipper all the way down on those tiny outfits. Most likely it’s not in far enough, and that’s why it won’t zip. 

Thanks! That did the trick. It's a little different from a human-sized zip hoodie where you just need to slot it in. For this one, there seems to be an explicit "click" beyond the position of just sliding it in. That's then the cue to zip up.

chef_mai

Volks V-Neck Tee - Mini ($11)

I ordered the MDD v-neck t-shirt for Mochi, but Mai snatched it up instead. Although it doesn't look this way in the photo, the tee is off-white in color, almost cream-like. 

It runs longer than the Azone tee. The wider neck can be pulled towards the shoulders for a cuter look.

Since this tee was designed for MDD, the bottom is tapered. Mai's wide hips make the bottom bunch up, so I got around that by not snapping the bottom button.

On 48cm

Looks great and isn't too short either.

spacer.png

On 48cm (AZO2 / Angel Philia H)

This doesn't look quite right maybe because of the way the shirt's tailored. Shirts for adult proportioned dolls are shaped differently from this.

spacer.png

On 45cm

Fits perfectly.

Edited by chef_mai

ragnamuffin

Not sure if these are the right length for you, but I just changed Alice (OB48) into another outfit with the 45 Lace Ribbon Knee Socks and they’re about 2cm over the knee.

https://azonenagoya.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-5703.html

The 45 Knee Socks look to be about the same if you don’t like the lace ribbons.

17B306F0-B428-48F3-8184-18F7F4E82636.jpeg

chef_mai
8 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Not sure if these are the right length for you, but I just changed Alice (OB48) into another outfit with the 45 Lace Ribbon Knee Socks and they’re about 2cm over the knee.

https://azonenagoya.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-5703.html

The 45 Knee Socks look to be about the same if you don’t like the lace ribbons.

17B306F0-B428-48F3-8184-18F7F4E82636.jpeg

Thanks! I overlooked the 45's knee socks as an option. I might put in another order for this shop, which tierparkzone mentioned before. I got Mai's glasses here and wish I grabbed the socks while I was at it.

They're reputed to be heavily stain resistant even in dark colors, which I can't say the same for the Azone pair I was using. Kept it on for a night, and the next morning, the feet (???) were stained. Luckily, it was just that and nothing else, but if you wonder why Mai only wears light socks when dark ones would make more sense, that's the reason!

Tierparkzone
On 1/9/2022 at 5:49 AM, chef_mai said:

I might put in another order for this shop, which tierparkzone mentioned before.

They do have a conversion chart for which sizes to get for an Obitsu50, but that might be a bit out of date.

For everything up to over-knee socks, the equivalent DDP version should be a good fit. DDP thigh-highs might be a bit too tight on an Azo2 (DDP have fairly slender legs), so I recommend getting a pair of DDS over-knees instead (see Ellie in the picture).

da303c3925f34b1b63d9812632e6622d.jpg

Edited by Tierparkzone
  • Like 1

chef_mai

I've been eyeing this Volks outfit for a while now and was reminded of it when I was reading manga and saw a character wearing the same thing.

I'm pretty sure the Volks one won't fit on Mai since the suspenders portion will probably be too long, but does a different maker maybe make something similar?

spacer.png64631109_ScreenShot2022-01-09at8_40_20PM.png.048f805e1c7afc99a01820de8b9976d4.png