Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

archeotech

Dollbot (New Brand 2022)

archeotech

Hi all,

I went here thinking there would be a thread on these dolls but I'm shocked I can't find anything so guessing lots of people don't know about this yet! 

They are a new Japanese vinyl doll brand and just launched in February so still very new and just getting off the ground. Currently you can order blank heads, 44cm bodies (MDD size) and hands in the two skin tones available (Tan and white skin). You can also order two complete doll sets, which are two super cute fox girls. Orders close on those soon and they'll ship later this year I think.

They don't ship overseas yet so unfortunately you'll need to use a proxy service like From Japan, or a forwarding service like Big In Japan.

I just received my order today of the two bodies so hoping I'll be able to get a review together soon but on the whole I am very impressed! A few quick things, the white skin is a very close match for Volks DD semi-white. The heads, which are amazing (I adore the expression), fit on DD bodies but are a tiny bit loose. This might be fixed by adding something like glue or varnish to the inside of the hole or worse case tie an elastic band on the inside. Also they have the open mouth mod and you can remove the tongue and mouth piece! The vinyl is very soft so probably more prone to staining. 

I had a look and the main website is down for maintenance but looks like it'll be back online over the weekend.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DollbotOfficial/media

My review and MDD comparison 

FLtRvc5aUAMkV8X.jpg

FMRLMiYVkAY3MSU (1).jpg

FM_y6SnaQAcu6qz.jpg

FM_y8SRakAIpcTB.jpg

FOr5PfRaAAAE990.jpg

1500x500.jpg

Edited by archeotech
added link to review
  • Like 9

Cazzie_Bliss

Oooo! They're so cute! Thank you for the information ~ I'll have to keep my eyes on these. 

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

chef_mai

I really like the look of these. They're Mochi-like in proportions but proportioned better around the hips and should fit (snugly) into MDD clothes. The posability looks excellent.

My big question is whether they'll accept heads from other brands without much trouble. The open mouth sculpt is really nice though.

To answer my own question, it costs yen for yen, exactly the same as Mochi (32,780 JPY).

https://web.archive.org/web/20220313061647/https://dollbot.jp/products/dbc-body

Edited by chef_mai
  • Like 1

RetroKanojo

Dollbot will be attending I-Doll and from what I understand they will announce a new product ☺️ I know they've been working on an S Bust, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more!

Tierparkzone
12 minutes ago, RetroKanojo said:
Dollbot will be attending I-Doll and from what I understand they will announce a new product ☺️ I know they've been working on an S Bust, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more!

Yes, very excited about this. I'll definitely stop by their booth later today.

• Like 2

magique

I missed this! I hope they open preorders again soon. I love trying out new vinyl doll brands. 

DreamsicleDollAqua

the body sculpt is so nice. I might have to keep my eyes on this brand

• Like 1

finnleo
23 hours ago, magique said:

I hope they open preorders again soon.

what I gathered from their blog postings, their now on a summer vacation of sorts, for an undisclosed time no less (at least I didnt spot a return by date).

its just a bit of a percarious situation that before setting off they had sold out of bodies, and were also quoting production problems with the shell parts. Also no updates on their original characters after they sold out, so its a bit weird of a situation.

Though any effort like this is bound to have teething issues.

• Like 1

DreamsicleDollAqua
1 hour ago, finnleo said:

what I gathered from their blog postings, their now on a summer vacation of sorts, for an undisclosed time no less (at least I didnt spot a return by date).

its just a bit of a percarious situation that before setting off they had sold out of bodies, and were also quoting production problems with the shell parts. Also no updates on their original characters after they sold out, so its a bit weird of a situation.

Though any effort like this is bound to have teething issues.

that is really weird. Hope they return soon though. They're newer though so they should be back (seen too many older doll companies no notice never come back from a vacation or no notice disappearing)

Monty

They're returning with a frame upgrade! Now using stainless steel on the screws and a new hand/wrist part to accomodate the new hand parts. The restock will be on the 15th at 12pm JST.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 3

finnleo

A flat S-bust option coming too ...

the stainless fastners are a bit peculiar, and also add some amusement factor if they get the kind that welds itself together in suitable circuimstances (dealt with this in my old daytime gig, then again it was a fair bit bigger stuff)

no mention if the pre-faceup'd sets will come back... since while the tan would be a fun addition, getting one done up is its own thing.

RetroKanojo

Dollbot is now shipping worldwide and offers Paypal!

EMS shipping seems to be ¥6,600.

• Like 6

Roserolls
On 9/16/2022 at 5:09 AM, RetroKanojo said:

WOOHOO! I hope they're able to restock or come out with new heads soon, I'd love to see more posts detailing these dolls. Plus I'm super hyped to see more tan vinyl dolls on the market 😃

• Like 1

RetroKanojo

Big same @onion9@I hope this means they are getting ready to release another fullset. Not that I would currently have the funds for one but yk..

• Like 1

finnleo

mm.. hrmm.. well, they've restocked on the lighter body.. though by how much is a mystery. dont know if their storefront reflects actual inventory, or do they have limitations on how many bodies you can order, since at the moment you could select only up to two bodies, but ten heads.

Tan remains out of stock for now.

finnleo

Latest tweet seems to promise a new head showcased tomorrow (or today, depending on zoneage) at I-doll west.

Curious will they continue with the open mouthed style, or do a more conservative thing.

Cheesecake
On 9/23/2022 at 3:36 AM, Tierparkzone said:

At the last I-Doll in Tokyo, they teased a head with closed mouth - but only had a render so far.

I'd recon they finally have a physical sample of it now. Hope we'll also get to see some sample faceups.

Someone snapped a photo of the heads on display at their booth complete with faceups! 

Linking here for those who can't attend in person to see them. 

Edited by Cheesecake
  • Thanks 2

finnleo

4 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

photo of the heads

Cheeky little bugger.

Wonder if the open mouth one was modded by the faceup artist, or is it an option, which would technically make it three heads to choose from now.

Phaio

i finally received the blank head i ordered! the sculpting is beautiful and i love the open mouth, but the fang on mine is kind of strange? it's a lot more rounded than i had expected and was personally hoping for a sharper fang. i assume its somewhat because of poor quality control, but that is to be expected for such a new company. be careful w the mouthpiece btw, mine was a tight fit and a bit of the fang's paint scratched off trying to get it in. but besides that she's so adorable!! i can't wait to paint her!

• Like 1

ateliervanilla
On 9/18/2022 at 7:58 PM, Roserolls said:

I've been able to get myself a Platinum body!

The EMS shipping to US seems to have increased to ¥7,950. I understand that since the conversion rate is not doing them any good for international orders...

Any experience on how long they ship and EMS in general?

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

RetroKanojo
59 minutes ago, ateliervanilla said:

The EMS shipping to US seems to have increased to ¥7,950. I understand that since the conversion rate is not doing them any good for international orders...

Any experience on how long they ship and EMS in general?

In my initial post I forgot to mention that I was checking shipping cost to central Europe, my bad. @onion31@ It still is at ¥6,600 for me, so I don't think they raised any prices. Unfortunately, I have not placed an order with them (maybe one day if they offer another fullset..) and again being from Europe it would probably not be of much help either way. I did order something from Mandarake recently and that took EMS about a week to deliver to me, somehow. It was surprisingly fast. 

Please let us know what you think about the body once it arrives at your place! 

ateliervanilla
On 10/19/2022 at 1:38 PM, RetroKanojo said:

In my initial post I forgot to mention that I was checking shipping cost to central Europe, my bad. @onion31@ It still is at ¥6,600 for me, so I don't think they raised any prices. Unfortunately, I have not placed an order with them (maybe one day if they offer another fullset..) and again being from Europe it would probably not be of much help either way. I did order something from Mandarake recently and that took EMS about a week to deliver to me, somehow. It was surprisingly fast. 

Please let us know what you think about the body once it arrives at your place! 

Oh, I forgot to consider that the shipping rates differ per continent. You're fine!

Mandarake normally ships the next day which factors in faster shipping. I don't know if Dollbot ships right away.

I'll definitely post about it when it arrives! I hope it gets to me quickly. 

UPDATE: Dollbot shipped yesterday. Looks like they ship fast as well!

Edited by ateliervanilla
status update
  • Like 2

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

Grover864
On 10/19/2022 at 3:28 PM, ateliervanilla said:

Can't wait to see pics!  I'd be interested to see if they actually hold/stand in those poses (as on the DB Original Body page) or if the company PS'ed the stand out of the pics. 

• Like 1