Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

archeotech

Dollbot (New Brand 2022)

ateliervanilla
13 hours ago, Grover864 said:

Can't wait to see pics!  I'd be interested to see if they actually hold/stand in those poses (as on the DB Original Body page) or if the company PS'ed the stand out of the pics. 

That's a great idea, I'll try to recreate those poses when it arrives. It's currently in ISC Chicago now... I hope it doesn't take too long in there.

• Like 2

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

finnleo

The in house fox-girl models seem to be back in stock in both tone's ... get them while you can...

Cheesecake

The new head is now available for sale! Seems that the open mouthed sample was a mod by the faceup artist after all, unfortunately. But this is nice for those who prefer drawn mouths for their dolls! 

DreamsicleDollAqua

new head looks super cute. the open mouthed mod was so nice though I can't help feeling a lil sad we don't have an open mouthed option 

Janeway

The new head looks cool. I will be looking forward to see what other heads they make also l plan on using volks DD heads with this body.

Fayoka

For anyone curious, I have taken a comparison photo of the new V2 Dollbot frame with the "S" bust against my other dolls of similar size. I couldn't find any examples of what the body looked like with the new S bust attached anywhere so I thought I would share this. Plus it helps with skin tone comparison.

doll-comparison-v2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 13

Janeway

Fayoka thanks for posting this picture and the dollbot body looks like it matches obitsu skin perfectly 🥰 

• Like 1

Janeway

Has anyone tried to put a smart doll head on the DollBot body?

RetroKanojo
3 hours ago, Janeway said:

Can't say I've seen that particular combo.

I did a quick search for SmD heads on MDD, but couldn't find anything in that regard either. I assume it would look too odd proportions wise? I'm kind of curious now as well @onion9@

chantelle
7 hours ago, Janeway said:

4 hours ago, RetroKanojo said:

Can't say I've seen that particular combo.

I did a quick search for SmD heads on MDD, but couldn't find anything in that regard either. I assume it would look too odd proportions wise? I'm kind of curious now as well @onion9@

Charmyc has put a Chitose on an MDD before!

On 4/6/2016 at 5:36 PM, charmyc said:

Just wanted to come in to poste picture of Chitose head on mdd body. This was requested by people on Facebook. Sorry for the poor quality of the picture.

26254912516_6c49e667dd.jpg

Wigless picture in this link: Smart Doll Chitose on MDD body

IMHO It could work. However since Chitose's head is a tad narrower then a regular mdd head it only work with a poofy wig. Also no modification is required. The smart doll head hole is a bit smaller so it was a tad bit hard to put her on the mdd body.

It is cute but imo the head is a little too long and narrow for the DollBot and MDD body. It probably would look cuter on a Obitsu 50 based body or the DDP.

Edited by chantelle
  • Thanks 1

Janeway

Chantelle thanks for the picture. I do like the  DDP body and also the DollBot body. 

chantelle

Just wondering but has anyone seen a dollbot vs mochi ashi comparison?

Also, this is just wistful thinking, but I hope this company makes more bodies  in the future. I’d love to see a 50-60 cm body from this company.

Hachiihoney

I love the chunkier bodies on the dollbot, and will definitely follow them for future updates!

Cheesecake
On 12/20/2022 at 2:15 PM, chantelle said:

Just wondering but has anyone seen a dollbot vs mochi ashi comparison?

Also, this is just wistful thinking, but I hope this company makes more bodies  in the future. I’d love to see a 50-60 cm body from this company.

This is pretty late but here are a couple tweets comparing mdd mochiashi and the dollbot body (hashtagged under #DBCボディ on twitter) 

They're quite similar imo, with the dollbot body only being slightly shorter with slightly less pudgy looking thighs, so the dolls fit together quite nicely.

The body also makes for a nice budget option for mochiashi though there's the downside of the skintone having a noticeable difference when matched with MDD heads. 

Additional comparisons with regular MDD for extra reference. 

RetroKanojo

Dollbot announced their first collaboration/character doll!

No other details yet, as far as I'm aware.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That_Dollfie_Dude

My cat is a kawaii girl.  I've never heard of this before but it definitely looks like it's for the highly cultured.  I will be curious to see how the doll comes out!

neko1.jpg

Neko2.jpg

Neko3.jpg

Neko4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

finnleo
4 hours ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

My cat is a kawaii girl.  I've never heard of this before but it definitely looks like it's for the highly cultured.

Its a bit of a twitter illustration series by the artist 40-hara, most notorious for the series of illustrations and figures on the theme, "Show me your panties, while looking disgusted".

This cat-girl thing started when they got an actual cat, and started to turn day-to-day stuff with the cat into cat-girl artwork. fairly amusing, and actually rather nice at times.

didnt quite catch that it was a collab last I checked the dollbot twitter, but definately a unexpected choise.

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 2

Fayoka

On another note; I have seen many people ask about how the dollbot neck peg actually works and what is compatible. Dollbot has an official youtube channel with a lot of nice videos detailing how the body works. You can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHX7OKeK0JF7y2HwoFtn0Vg

In particular the video showcasing the neck peg is here:

Dollfie, SmartDoll, Azones/Obitsus, and even most if not all resin heads should work.

-

Edited by Fayoka
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

RetroKanojo

No chocolates for Valentine's, but a sneak peak at the upcoming L bust!

Cheesecake

L bust is now available, unfortunately it's already sold out. 😭

Anyalecter

Does anyone have a dollbot doll? Would love to see some pictures of an owned doll! 

archeotech
9 hours ago, Anyalecter said:

Does anyone have a dollbot doll? Would love to see some pictures of an owned doll! 

If you look at my first post in this thread there should be a link to a review I did. I put a few pics in there. Hoping to getting around to taking more pics soon though. :)

Need to get a new camera... 

Anyalecter
16 hours ago, archeotech said:

If you look at my first post in this thread there should be a link to a review I did. I put a few pics in there. Hoping to getting around to taking more pics soon though. :)

Need to get a new camera... 

OH! I must have missed it. 

I just saw it and they look absolutely adorable, would love to see more pictures when you do take them 😄 

That_Dollfie_Dude

It looks like Dollbot is coming out with a one-piece torso.  In their blog post about it they hint that this body will be used on "that character they recently announced."  So I'm thinking Kinako will be sold with this torso.

finnleo

Well, its nice to see they've gone from virtual to physical with the bits that their thing is still alive even ... though it was back in may when they teased about Kinako (or "that character") using the one-piece, so the project is still progressing in near geological time (though I suppose some Volks teases to releases have been similar).

Now the question only is.... T-Shirt, Sweater, Raincoat...

53036586591_8afd59be6b_c.jpg

53037072503_4e9e6669f5_c.jpg

53036978140_30235c49a0_c.jpg

or all of the above?

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1