Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Pit

Adykadoll body review

Pit

Warning, this topic could be NSFW a little bit for some people.

Finally my doll goal of the year is done. After A LOT of difficulties, months of waiting and of course, my wallets death, I finally got an Adykadoll flex body. 

After some hours of playing with it, I thought it may be useful to share my opinion in case you weren't sure on acquiring one. Something to notice before I begin is that this body fits both SmD and DD (for this you need some pegs you can buy in the official website for the neck), which means it has the same shape and posability for both brands. Unfortunately, afaik, adykadoll body is not available for the classic SmD skin tones anymore (at least for now) and it will only be available in blue in the future. So, if you're looking for one, right now you will only find DD bodies from the official site. 

Anyway, let's begin. For this topic I will need help of the most beautiful and angelic SmD that exists (IMO). Her name Is Entropy but she prefers to be called "Enty".

IMG_20220607_225937576.jpg.4ebfa699003c3e8741bf631202159d25.jpg

She's the discontinued semi real style version 1 Entropy, released some time ago. As you can see, she's using her new body. 

Now, excluding the silicone, what's the difference between the SmD vynil body and this one? More posability for the legs and a curvier shape that (IMO) looks much better than the original body.

For posability purposes, more photos below. Starting with the torso: 

IMG_20220607_224241725.jpg.74299d9574a2303a63c7708198398cad.jpg 

IMG_20220607_224320734.jpg.4e698bfeeb717c4ed70bfd375e662a06.jpg

No posability differences here compared with the original vynil body. Even the big gap that allows to see the inner frame between the bust and the torso is the same.

Talking about the inner frame, the torso section is metal-made. I couldn't visually confirm this with the tighs or shins, but, judging by the feel when you squeze the silicone, I'm almost sure is made of metal as well. 

For the legs articulation, I still need to get used to the body so i can update this topic. For now that's all. Hope it helps you in some way and if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Edited by Pit
  • Like 6

Pit

Continuing with the previous pose, here there are more photos. This time taking a look at the back:

IMG_20220607_225350485.jpg.ec6ec3c7244164a6367b91500f2ab651.jpg

The fold you can see above is a result of the back bending, but once you take back the doll to a neutral pose, it's gone (image below):

IMG_20220607_223639944.jpg.c4c838a37122ebadcafe7b90d2073271.jpg

And now ab crunch position. Just like the vynil body, the little "hump" looks even more prominent at the back when you bend it down too much. 

IMG_20220607_223452208.jpg.3082e670aa081f3c066164bd5d81434a.jpg

IMG_20220607_224525363.jpg.8f800bd921c071e7c00c72ab5dce3c4d.jpg

And finally for today, more ab crunch. But this time using an inner waist articulation. Maybe you can't notice it and you think I'm just posing the legs to the front but, trust me, there is something inside the belly that allows even more posability range.

IMG_20220607_225256236.jpg.5e9da1dae64b8a93041a88c424f59569.jpg

I think it has even more range of ab crunch but, as i said before, I'm still knowing all the secrets this body has. Anyway, I Hope this helps! i'll keep updating.

IMG_20220607_223320835.jpg.445f22539eaf1c4e9185cdec8cf47fd9.jpg

Edited by Pit
  • Like 5

nekojanai

A very interesting thread! I was looking at Adykadoll's new body frame and was wondering when someone was going to do a review on it. Apparently my questions have been answered. In that regard, why does the buttocks have those strange rectangular protrusions? Is it caused by the lower back moving backwards? 
Hopefully we will get some good pics of the leg articulation when you got the time. 

• Like 2

Pit
4 hours ago, nekojanai said:

why does the buttocks have those strange rectangular protrusions? Is it caused by the lower back moving backwards? 
Hopefully we will get some good pics of the leg articulation when you got the time

That's right. In fact, these protrusions appear when you also bend down too much her belly. I will take more photos later focusing this detail and her legs. Meanwhile, as you can see above, protrusions dissapear when it takes back a neutral pose.

Edited by Pit
  • Like 1

Pit

So, this is the final part. As i said before, I'll continue focusing on the legs and belly posability. Let's begin.

I had to change the outfit so you can see all the dents with detail.

Side to side pose:

IMG_20220609_213648844.jpg.9b5f44c7f65bfb282dfa2873edae638a.jpg

Now, fetal position! I needed to take her panties off just a little bit to avoid even more skin folds (after experimenting a little bit more, I could get an even better pose but I needed to apply more force. Unfortunately i didn't take a photo).

IMG_20220609_210319913.jpg.f9ab0086fd8013503a81417092916fe0.jpg

Even so, applying zoom, you can see some folds of her belly.

IMG_20220609_210339591.jpg.c337bbfd4c6c67f9619576bc7838f98f.jpg

From the back you can see how the folds affect the waist shape.

IMG_20220609_210734952.jpg.5b244850b20e31354105c0f61f2ab100.jpg

More belly folds, applying an ab crunch position

IMG_20220609_211550789.jpg.2c4f1bd52944d95f4adb9ce7272adfeb.jpg

Now, moving to the legs. More folds: 

IMG_20220609_211929961.jpg.6365c1990256b48823dc92425288f222.jpg

And the best part, full splits! 

IMG_20220609_212817999.jpg.dcc94209f4a224bda4b41ddd44a2da32.jpg

IMG_20220609_214143541.jpg.f6abb1c6ac10cf1fbf360eecf4049367.jpg

That finishes all the extreme poses you can achieve with this wonderful body.

So, to conclude this topic, there is a question maybe a lot of you are wondering: does it have better posability than the default DD and SmD body?

Answer: About SmD, absolutely yes. Unless you hate the silicone or don't like how it feels. Excluding those, I cannot find any other reason to prefer the SmD standard body over this one. IMO is superior by far.

About Dollfie dream, well, lets focus on DDdy or DD and maaaybe DDS bodies because DDP and the other models belong to a different category. That said, it's harder to tell. If you're fan of aesthetics like me, it depends on your tastes. In my case, I still prefer DDdy. BUT when posability arrives, it doesn't matter which you like the most, Adykas' is superior.

Pros:

- Has a lot of quality.

- It's pretty stiff and solid

- The skin texture is quite soft.

- It's curvier than the SmD body and could rivalize with Dollfie Dream adult doll bodies depending on your aesthetic tastes 

- Extreme posability, expecially with the legs.

Cons:

- It's heavy.

- People say it's more susceptible to stains than vynil. The very Adyka says that small stains disappear with time. I can´t confirm these cons.

- The metal inner frame could be difficult to pose because you need to apply too much force sometimes. I guess the joints will loose a little bit with time but for now, I cannot assure this. 

- Skin folds, protrusions and bents could be a problem if you're too picky. Personally I don't care about this "con" but part of the world's charm includes the preferences of each person.

Hope this topic helps. If you have any comments or questions, don't hesitate to ask!

IMG_20220609_204028865.jpg.1a27ddd86b2863f071e5036622ee5cdc.jpg

Edited by Pit
  • Like 6

maboree

Thanks for this review. I've been thinking about the Adyka flex body since it came out. The only things stopping me is the heavy weight and finding clothes that fit. 

• Like 2

Gwandak

What makes the body you have here different from the ones they sell now? I noticed in your post you said it's a discontinued version.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Gwandak said:

What makes the body you have here different from the ones they sell now? I noticed in your post you said it's a discontinued version.

The SmD version / skin colors was a limited time thing. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Gwandak
15 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Gotcha, thank you!

• Like 1

Pit
14 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Thats right @Gwandak.It is as @BeyondTime said, Idk if Adyka is going to release a SmD body limited bunch again in the future but I know she's working on silicone arms right now. You can contact her directly via e-mail from her website if you like to know even more details. (And if you're so kind to share it, it would be appreciated, I love her silicone products 😉).

On 9/15/2022 at 4:21 PM, maboree said:

Thanks for this review. I've been thinking about the Adyka flex body since it came out. The only things stopping me is the heavy weight and finding clothes that fit. 

If you're struggling with clothes, for experience i can tell DDdy size is the best option. DD clothes could fit but depends a lot on how fitted to the body these are. For example, If you're looking for jeans, innerwear or tight clothes I would definitely recommend DDdy size. For blouses, skirts or dresses, you can try DD size. The main issue is not just the curvy-shaped body, but the silicone itself in contact with some fabrics that are too rough with it. Hope my answer helps.

Edited by Pit
  • Like 1

BeyondTime
57 minutes ago, Pit said:

For example, If you're looking for jeans, innerwear or tight clothes I would definitely recommend DDdy size.

DDDy often shares with SD16, so yeah those should be a more likely fit for the AdykaDoll body. 

59 minutes ago, Pit said:

For blouses, skirts or dresses, you can try DD size.

Maybe the clothes made for SDGr / DD, because the tops for those outfits tend to be loose on DD. The Tenshi-no-Koromo stuff that is tailored to DD seems less likely to fit imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Pit

Thanks for the extra info @BeyondTime! I wasn't sure about the SD - DD similarities with sizes. That makes finding clothes easier. 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
32 minutes ago, Pit said:

Thanks for the extra info @BeyondTime! I wasn't sure about the SD - DD similarities with sizes. That makes finding clothes easier. 

One big difference with SD is the waist is more like a normal waist. There isn't any need to taper it in order to slot it into a bust.

• Like 1

Pit
On 9/17/2022 at 1:40 AM, BeyondTime said:

One big difference with SD is the waist is more like a normal waist. There isn't any need to taper it in order to slot it into a bust.

I assumed that after seeing the SD body shape. Good you confirmed It just to be sure. Maybe the issue now is a way to taper the waist for some clothes to hightlight the figure.

Edited by Pit
  • Like 1

Starwaia

Thanks for the photos and review! The Adyka body looks really great, I would go for it immediately if I could, except for the fact that SMD colors are sold out and that I imagine blushing, or tattoos like the one of the character I'd like to get it for, would not work with the more malleable surface. It is in my head for a "maybe someday" sort of thing once I focus on finishing my other doll plans. I was told by someone when I emailed them a while back that the version for DD Flesh is the same as or matches the one for SMD Milk, and something about eventually making converted arm attachments to make it work with SMD parts better, but I dunno if this is still the case... will have to wait and see I guess :)

• Like 2

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 4 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

forged_in_mess

I have Adyka body as well. Mine is a DD flesh version. 

Posability is absolutely fantastic. Poses she can achieve are spectacular. 

But in my opinion there are a few cons 

- silicon attracts lint and dust like a magnet. Dusting with baby powder helps, but be prepared to do it very often. Dust won't get away with wet wipes, it has to be powdered. It also makes dressing a bit difficult. If you want a dark outfit - you might get residue of the powder from the doll. It has a grip, so any fitted outfit won't slip on very easily.

- there are visible gaps, especially in the arms area. You can push the bust down to minimalize them but I have significantly more gaping above the arm than I have with my other dolls.

- size. I'm a big fan of curves, don't get me wrong. But nothing fits her big bosom. The bust is and peachy ass are so incredibly big, that finding clothes is a real issue. I make my own clothes and often buy patterns from other artists and they don't fit her, even if they were made for DDdy. I need to draft my own patterns especially for her. If you aren't sewing yourself - there will be a very limited wardrobe that you can use. Only very loose clothing from very stretchy fabrics. All of the dolls i saw using adyka body are dressed in very skimpy clothes like elastic boob tube. 

I would totally buy this body again if it would be in a normal DD / SmD size. But with her curves, she is incompatible with most patterns available online. Especially her bust is just massive. If you have that in mind and would be ready to make a specific only adyka body clothes - it's super fun to pose and highly recommend it. But if you use mostly stock clothes, I would consider how thick she is.

Some photos of my girl with Ddh07 head i painted 

(there is more on my instagram @created_in_mess) 

20220401161857_IMG_2951.jpg

20220401162102_IMG_2954.jpg

20220401161607_IMG_2946.jpg

20220401160555_IMG_2925.jpg

20220401161013_IMG_2936.jpg

• Like 8

Pit
10 hours ago, Starwaia said:

Thanks for the photos and review! The Adyka body looks really great, I would go for it immediately if I could, except for the fact that SMD colors are sold out and that I imagine blushing, or tattoos like the one of the character I'd like to get it for, would not work with the more malleable surface. It is in my head for a "maybe someday" sort of thing once I focus on finishing my other doll plans. I was told by someone when I emailed them a while back that the version for DD Flesh is the same as or matches the one for SMD Milk, and something about eventually making converted arm attachments to make it work with SMD parts better, but I dunno if this is still the case... will have to wait and see I guess :)

Unfortunately, yes. The SmD version Is not available anymore. BUT you said something important: "DD flesh matches SmD milk" and probably that's right. For experience with my Enty (Cinmamon Color), the Adyka body doesn't match perfectly with the head and the same Adyka advices this. Even so, It's not a big deal for me at least. So, I Guess it's similar with DD flesh and SmD milk. If you own a Milk head and you're not too picky, go ahead and get one! You and your girl would definitely love It. Just don't forget all the clothing tips mentioned above.

• Like 1

Pit

A little update for this topic. It's not sponsored or anything, but rather, it is to help you out in case you're interested on getting this body.

For all of you which own a blue skin SmD, the new blue body has been released recently. Link here: https://www.adykadoll.com/collections/flex-body/products/flex-body-sm-blue

Also, according to the official Instagram account (and if I understood correctly) she mentioned in a comment that, just like the rest of SmD bodies, this one will be limited edition as well so, hurry up!

Edited by Pit
  • Like 4