The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ABitPeckish

Help me With Measurements for an Imomodoll Fuwamo (1/6)

ABitPeckish

hello everyone ^_^

I'm still new to this forum and to doll collecting in general, so I apologize for any mistakes.

Recently I found a legit bjd shop called mydollection.com, and there I saw an Imomodoll Fuwamo (1/6) doll for $39.99 (I was looking for vinyl dolls on the cheaper side).

While Imomodoll is thorough with its measurements:

spacer.png

I'm confused about some of them.

1 - I assumed that since it's an anime style doll in the 1/6 size it would have bigger eyes (14mm/16mm), but I still want to be cautious and ask you guys.

2 - The wig size is also weird for me, it looks like the head is pretty big so maybe an MSD wig would fit? But since it's listed as a 1/6 doll, maybe I should just go with the standard YOSD wig fit (6-7 in.)?

3 - The thighs are really thick so I'm pretty sure that stretchy MSD pants would fit, but the doll itself is just 27 cm/10.6 in. So again, I'm not sure if I should go with MSD or YOSD pants)

thanks everyone!

• Like 1

Astraea

I ordered one, the head size was listed as 18cm so about 7inches, the eyes were listed as 16mm (could probably take 14mm too). As for pants I would expect MSD to be super long on them but the YOSD hip would probably be too small as well so not really sure where it'd fall for sizing

• Like 1

ABitPeckish
On 7/24/2022 at 8:47 PM, Astraea said:

I ordered one, the head size was listed as 18cm so about 7inches, the eyes were listed as 16mm (could probably take 14mm too). As for pants I would expect MSD to be super long on them but the YOSD hip would probably be too small as well so not really sure where it'd fall for sizing

thank you so much this is really helpful :)

• Like 1

Monty

I follow Imomodoll on Weibo, and I just saw them share this post from another user. In the last pic you can see a comparison with MDD, I’m amazed that the hips are almost the same size! (Hopefully linking to Weibo works: https://m.weibo.cn/1568323823/4795074117114709 )

I wonder if a very short skirt/shorts for MDD would work as a regular skirt/shorts for them?

• Like 2

ABitPeckish

just ordered the doll! hope it comes soon, thanks for the help guys

MaleficentMrsofEvil

I just ordered one, too! 

• Like 1

MaleficentMrsofEvil

Some updates: I ordered the Imomodoll through My Dollection. The doll plus optional hands was $45 USD. My Dollection is in Malaysia (thank you to the person who pointed that out!), so shipping is not cheap to the US. 

The $45 order is for a blank doll (and hands). However, AwA (the person who answered my emails) said that if I purchased the $9.90 gift bag, it would include a wig and eyes. I also paid for AwA to do a face-up on the doll, which is $65 USD for a traditional face-up. They also offer a "3D" face-up (which appears to have some extra pieces added to the head?) for more money. 

I purchased one of the MSD outfits that My Dollection offers - I was assured that the outfit would fit the doll. Combined with two Penny's Box Antu Nature's Secret blind box dolls I grabbed ($20 USD each), my three orders combined pushed me over the $150 free-shipping threshold, and AwA was happy to combine my orders to save on shipping.

AwA said that one Penny's Box doll would cost $18 USD to ship to the US ($4 additional for tracking), and that they believed they could fit up to three Penny's Box dolls in a medium box for $28 USD to ship ($6 additional for tracking). I'm willing to wait to save $28. 

Also - I should point out that I ordered the Penny's Box dolls two weeks apart. One week after I ordered the second doll - both were available to ship. The Imomodoll would have been ready to ship this month, but since I requested a face-up and an outfit, I expect there will be a bit more of a wait. 

I feel bad for others who have had bad experiences with either the dealer or one of the artists in the past. My experience thus far has been delightful, and I am looking forward to receiving my dolls. 

• Like 1

0bsequi0us

Shoot, i never saw this thread! I have one of these little ones in hand, and I would say I DEFINITELY recommend 6-7 wigs. They're a BIT snug, but the 7-8 wigs I tried are huge and barely stay on.

As for eyes, I admit I had to mod the head because all of my anime eyes were too big... even my 14mm pairs sat kind of far back in the head. I don't know if that will be the case for everyone, and my problem might actually be that my eyes are just too flat. But I would suggest eyes on the smaller side, around 14mm.

Clothes are strange because (as I'm sure you expected) YOSD tops are very large on this body and YOSD bottoms are tight. If you have YOSD bottoms with an elastic waistband you can usually squeeze them on. Especially since the thighs and torso are squishy, they have some give to them so you can squeeze pants up over the hips. The legs are proportionally quite short though.

• Thanks 2

ABitPeckish

WOW THIS THREAD IS OLD but my doll finally came around a week ago and i'm so happy with her ( ´ ▽ ` )b now i just need to actually customize her lol. clothes, wigs, eyes, a faceup, all that sweet stuff. (i've been scouting for an artist who can do anime-style faceups sooo if you're up for it maybe send a message!) i'm really trying to make her fit the aesthetic of hime gyaru (princess gal) so wish me and my wallet luck (T ▽ T)b

• Like 1

Tira

From experimenting with this basic pattern set, Imomodolls are too large for Rainbow High clothes. Loose fitting or very stretchy clothes might fit, but I wouldn't count on it. Pattern-wise, you might be able to scale things up and get a decent fit, though tops will probably be too big through the bust, since RH dolls are curvier in that region.

• Like 1