Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Kagamine Rin/Len Reboot!

Monty

Plus Kagamine themed carry case, was announced at Dolpa today. That explains what they were saving Rin’s revealed but unreleased Empty Sekai outfit release for, but I hope Len gets a new outfit too.

The image confirming the reboot is visible in the second photo.

Next Dolpa is April, so maybe then? Good news for everyone after these two. With this release, everyone but Luka will be f3.

(I may be biased because she was my first, but I think everyone needs a Rin.)

edit: The actual news tweet just came out, with a clearer image. And it confirms they are a preorder!

Edited by Monty
  • Like 10

SweetTeethz

AHHH THIS IS CRAZY IM SO HAPPY finally don’t have to stare at those exuberant 2-3k eBay listings 

• Like 2

Xiongmao

Ha ha this is just to troll me after spending a small fortune on her 😒.

But on the upside maybe I can finally acquire Len 😆. And hopefully I can get her Empty Sekai outfit too.

I was surprised they have been rebooted as Vocaloids aren't nearly as popular as they were. I thought Volks would do more anime stuff given the success of shows like Attack on Titan, Chainsaw Man and Spy x Family.

• Haha 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Monty said:

And it confirms they are a preorder!

Sweet, Rin will be coming home then. 

48 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

I was surprised they have been rebooted as Vocaloids aren't nearly as popular as they were. I thought Volks would do more anime stuff given the success of shows like Attack on Titan, Chainsaw Man and Spy x Family.

Their "Best Of The Best" is about picking outfits and dolls that they have already made, and then doing a re-release. The outfits are sometimes released in an updated style with the same design but new colors. 

Hatsune Miku won last time, was updated to f3, and was re-released alongside Sakura Miku. 

Watch Hatsune Miku win again this time. XD

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Phaio

Aaa omg how exciting! Can't wait to finally pick up Len without having to deal with his insane aftermarket prices

• Like 1

takatsuki

This is great news! Definitely going to be bringing a Len home! The aftermarket prices are insane. Somehow I missed his first release and have been seriously regretting it. This news just made my day!

Chiakisenpai

Punching myself after spending so much on Len in August only for him to release again. 
no regrets here, probably going to try to get him with the upgraded body since his DDIII body is so loose and hard to work with. 
Hopefully they revamp their default clothes a little 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Chiakisenpai said:

Hopefully they revamp their default clothes a little 

When Uzuki V2 released, her school uniform set was vastly improved over the original. The skirt on the original had a pattern that was printed on, whereas the new one was moved into the fabric. There were other improvements too. 

4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Sweet, Rin will be coming home then.

I might even think about pre-ordering Len just for his head so I can make him into a girl. I should be able to dispose of his headless carcass easily. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao

I guess I can't grumble too much about re-releases. I have many Dollfies now but my re-released Uzuki Shimamura is still my Dollfie wifu.

This is a phenomenal Dollfie and very underrated.

I would like a Rin carry case although I'm pleased I have the Miku one which is simply beautiful.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Mo3cha

Yesss! I was so disappointed about missing the last release. I'm def getting Len but idk if I'll have enough for rin and the bag lol

moerunamida

Very happy that they are getting a much needed reboot although I won't be getting either of them. I feel bad for everyone who spent $$ on them. The bag is cute, but I have a Miku one already.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

SweetTeethz

I hope they allow a deposit I gotta do it for both of them and set up a Rin and Len savings and I’m debating on the bag 😭 can they please be semi permanent like Miku’s!? 

magique

I have waited for this reboot for so long! I'll be saving up for the twins. They've always been my favorite vocaloids. 

• Like 2

BeyondTime
17 hours ago, SweetTeethz said:

I hope they allow a deposit I gotta do it for both of them and set up a Rin and Len savings and I’m debating on the bag 😭 can they please be semi permanent like Miku’s!? 

Usually deposits are only on the long pre-orders like the annual project, or Snow Miku outfits. 

The short preorders are usually full prepay. 

black_magicat

ouch.. and i just spent alot to get mine :< oh well it is what it is. glad people that still want one will be able to grab one now. 

Mega Negi

Any word if the Kagamine themed carry bag is big enough for both of them?

I mean, safely. 

BeyondTime
10 hours ago, Mega Negi said:

Any word if the Kagamine themed carry bag is big enough for both of them?

I mean, safely. 

If its the same size as their regular doll bags, you can safely fit three DDs as long as you wrap them and use a face protector. Place two side by side, and the third on top with her head at the feet of the other two.

• Thanks 1

RetroKanojo

Ahhhh I'm so torn. I absolutely love Len to death, but his DD iteration never really clicked with me. @onion19@ He would look great with KAITO though.

I'd happily would have gotten him for his DDSB body alone, but I just snatched up a secondhand DDB and I'm not sure I really need a DDSB on top of that. I'm already running out of display space, but then again, the opportunity to get Len for retail is incredibly tempting. 

I think I might pass up on him and keep my fingers crossed for Volks to give us Aether through a Genshin collab.. @onion6@

Anyone here knows of a good alternative wig for him? The ponytail on his standard wig always kills me.. but I guess it's banana shape is kinda on brand for him..

Miruna

Amazing news! I'm glad more people will be able to get them now ^^

PolitelyNefarious

I have no idea if I'll be able to afford this lad after taxes annihilate me this year, but what fantastic news! Vocaloids are ridiculous secondhand; I hope folks who have been after him are able to get him. Just like Kaito, I am tempted because it is a guy body that might be slightly cheaper than Dream Choice proxy, and as a bonus, I like Len's head. Either way, one can always hope this may bring the secondhand prices down briefly. It hasn't worked on Miku.

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

Thespian

I'm actually pretty hype about this. I won Rin and Len in the original lottery years ago, but moved them on last year. I didn't really feel comfortable playing with or customizing mine because of how rare and gouged they were on the secondhand market. However, I've been regretting it lately, so maybe I could spring for at least one of them when the time comes!

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

Xiongmao
9 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

I have no idea if I'll be able to afford this lad after taxes annihilate me this year, but what fantastic news! Vocaloids are ridiculous secondhand; I hope folks who have been after him are able to get him. Just like Kaito, I am tempted because it is a guy body that might be slightly cheaper than Dream Choice proxy, and as a bonus, I like Len's head. Either way, one can always hope this may bring the secondhand prices down briefly. It hasn't worked on Miku.

I'm still waiting for a Miku re-release. But as you say, her various re-releases don't seem to make her any cheaper on the secondary market. If anything, more re-releases just stoke up demand even further.

Rin and Len will be super popular after release as there will be so many people who only bought one on release and then want the other one.

Tokimemofan

Uggh, why now… time to make a sacrifice to the money gods…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

foo
On 12/18/2022 at 1:09 PM, Xiongmao said:

This is a phenomenal Dollfie and very underrated.

Not underrated at all, she's wonderful! Just not many of her exist. I was at the Dolpa for her first release and was smitten by her,

16820462701_c0d3eb4f98_c.jpg

Uzuki (1) by bodolza, on Flickr

• Like 3