Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Kagamine Rin/Len Reboot!

katnaper

Man, I wish I never saw RinπŸ˜‚ Now I had to pre-order her after I missed out on the original. This would make that more dolls than my original plan of only Kaito🀣🀣🀣. Its like after a long hiatus, I am making up for it by getting more dolls - Kaito, Yor, Rin (pre-ordered), Anya (when she comes out; I hope she is pre-order) and Lady Oscar (I wonπŸ₯²). Oh well, they make me happy so there is that.😍

Edited by katnaper
  • Like 1

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

Β 

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Starwaia

Finding myself really wishing I could justify bringing Rin home, and that carry bag which I actually do really like. I don't know how to describe, but it seems... industrial, maybe? Not the right word but I'm not sure what is.

Are the aftermarket prices likely to surge back to the pre-announcement levels anytime soon? Trying to get a sense of how much leeway I have if I want to look for her in, say, six months to a year from release or some such. I've got too many responsibilities now, unfortunately.

• Sad 4

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Paprika

I thought I was done with Dollfie Dreams, and then they had to rerelease Rin as a preorder. T____T She’s always been my favorite Vocaloid (Luka being a close number 2 β€” Give her the same treatment, Volks!), so she’s coming home. I decided to order from Volks USA, because I’d rather pay upfront, and I’m nervous about the FX rate in the Fall…

That_Dollfie_Dude
13 hours ago, Starwaia said:

Are the aftermarket prices likely to surge back to the pre-announcement levels anytime soon?

It's hard to say.Β  I'm sure a lot of people will buy her so you'll find some for sale, but almost certainly for higher prices than ordering her now.Β  Of course, if you don't have the money then don't do it.

RyuichiSakuma13
On 2/16/2023 at 12:25 PM, Miruna said:

All Miku's (Default, Sakura, Snow) came with 2 sets of hands (DDβ…‘-H-01 & DDβ…‘-H-04). Luka came with two sets as well (DDII-H-01 &Β DDII-H-08). KAITO will come withΒ DDβ…‘-H-01B & DDβ…‘-H-02B.Β Meiko (DDβ…‘-H-08),Β Len (DDβ…‘-H-06B) andΒ Rin (DDβ…‘-H-08) all came with one set of hands even though the promotional pictures for the Kagamine twins showed more;Β the pictures for the original releaseΒ had peace hands and widespread hands in them even though neither twin actually came with those. Bummed to see they also included them in the pictures for the reboot. Imo it makes it unclear to consumers that you're not actually getting those hands.

The only official additional hands with nail polish that were ever sold are for the Default Miku. There's no word on them planning to sell additional hands for other Vocaloid characters.

Β 

@Miruna is correct.Β  My MIB Miku came with an extra sets of hands when she came home.Β  I was pretty happy to see that, I didn't expect it.

After talking with others during this past Zoom meetup, it was mentioned that people sometimes buy hands in different poses and paint the nails to match whatever hand blushing they need. Β Β 

Also, I've heard of a technique where you can make longer and/or fancy fingernails using cut-up straws.Β  I know its been done with BJDs/resin hands, not sure if anyone's done it with vinyl doll hands.

Β 

Ryu

Poofiemus

Welp. . .I caved. Pre-ordered Len on Volks International, got a tiny phone charm Mondstadt Vision on Etsy, and even found a Venti BJD wig in the right size on Ali Express. Project Venti is happening apparently lololol

. . .guess I gotta get a move on with Project Paimon, because if I have two Genshin doll projects overlapping too much I'll go insane. Plus. . . someone's gotta keep the tone deaf bard in line and Paimon will readily volunteer for that job lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Tokimemofan
On 2/17/2023 at 9:02 PM, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

It's hard to say.Β  I'm sure a lot of people will buy her so you'll find some for sale, but almost certainly for higher prices than ordering her now.Β  Of course, if you don't have the money then don't do it.

I think they will at least make enough to bring some to Anime Expo, I don’t think any of the vocaloid dolls have missed that so far

DeadlyNova

I pre-ordered Len, technically he was the first DD I 'bought', although my Miku will be arriving much sooner than he will. I'm super excited!Β 

• Like 3

RyuichiSakuma13
On 2/11/2023 at 12:14 AM, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

I'm hoping that my partner snaps up both either Len or Rin this round! 🀞  Even though I'm the one that's active on social media, it would be really cool to see them sitting next to my Miku. 

That bag though, I'm not very impressed.Β  To me, the gray takes away from the Kagamine-ish-ness.Β  The twins on the other hand...SO cute! πŸ₯°πŸ’œ

Β 

Ryu

Welp, it happened!Β  My partner Just pre-ordered both Len and Rin as well as the carrying bag on Volks USA's site!Β  YAYΒ  Now I get to have them sit next to Miku! @onion20@Β 

I'm "not allowed" to talk about dolls tonight, since it was a huge chunk of change to order them.Β  "We could have bought living room furniture with that kind of money!"Β  I just chuckled when that was said.Β  After all, we can get living room furniture any time. πŸ˜…

Interestingly enough, all three were able to be put into the cart and ordered at the same time, unlike having to do them one at a time on the Volks Japan site.

Β 

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
clarification
  • Like 4

Monty

Dunno if people have been following along but like with Kaito Volks have been showing pics of the Kagamines in various in-stock outfits.

They also link the outfits underneath.

Cute idea to combine Len’s tie with that sailor uniform, I wish they did it with Rin’s too.

It’s a pity there aren’t more matching outfits left in stock because the last pic especially is adorable.Β 

• Like 8

PolitelyNefarious
5 hours ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

Welp, it happened!Β  My partner Just pre-ordered both Len and Rin as well as the carrying bag on Volks USA's site!Β  YAYΒ  Now I get to have them sit next to Miku! @onion20@Β 

I'm "not allowed" to talk about dolls tonight, since it was a huge chunk of change to order them.Β  "We could have bought living room furniture with that kind of money!"Β  I just chuckled when that was said.Β  After all, we can get living room furniture any time. πŸ˜…

Interestingly enough, all three were able to be put into the cart and ordered at the same time, unlike having to do them one at a time on the Volks Japan site.

Β 

Ryu

Ayyy! Congratulations! I hope your partner enjoys them as much as you do- you mentioned asking some questions together on a previous video chat. We love a partner who supports and encourages the other's hobbies. πŸ‘ Dolls are something more fun when shared. Miku will be in good company; together they can wreak all kinds of mischief.

Β 

4 hours ago, Monty said:

Dunno if people have been following along but like with Kaito Volks have been showing pics of the Kagamines in various in-stock outfits.

Β 
Cute idea to combine Len’s tie with that sailor uniform, I wish they did it with Rin’s too. It’s a pity there aren’t more matching outfits left in stock because the last pic especially is adorable.Β 

Thank you for these updates. It's helpful to have someone who keeps up point things out in timely fashion. These have twice the charm, for obvious reasons. The kitten sets are my favorite too- I'm sorely tempted to pick up one now. Most effective advertising.

Β 

...Perhaps too effective. After re-re-crunching the numbers, for my $$$s there was no way Len wasn't the more economical choice versus DDCH. I didn't think I would be able to save up in time, so I'd written him off, but low and behold there was fudge room. First Brand New Dollfie, GO! There are going to be so many new Rins and Lens come autumn. I can't wait to see them all, and how they'll be styled.

• Like 2

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

kranberrijam
11 hours ago, Monty said:

I've been following and it's killing me because I want them all!! 😭

• Like 1

πŸΊπŸ’…πŸ™Β LinktreeΒ : Instagram : Twitter :Β YouTube πŸ™πŸ’…πŸΊ

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Β 

Jezrah

Oh man the Shooting Yellow Star set looks really good on both Kaito and Len, I might have to cave and get it... Good job advertising Volks!

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Monty
22 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

Oh man the Shooting Yellow Star set looks really good on both Kaito and Len, I might have to cave and get it... Good job advertising Volks!

To be honest the inclusion of that one made me laugh a bit because it's been in stock since Rin and Len were last released...I remember them modelling it on Len back then too! It's a shame the outfit isn't that popular cos I would have maybe wanted it in different colours to that.

Jezrah
2 hours ago, Monty said:

To be honest the inclusion of that one made me laugh a bit because it's been in stock since Rin and Len were last released...I remember them modelling it on Len back then too! It's a shame the outfit isn't that popular cos I would have maybe wanted it in different colours to that.

Haha that's funny! I remember seeing it before but I didn't know if it for sure would look good on a skinnier DD even though it says it fits, so it didn't end up on my priority list.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Wasabi

OK. Rin and Len ordered.
I realised I was subconsciously putting it off because it is quite a lump of money. Even though I had everything saved up beforehand.

Β 

On 3/16/2023 at 3:32 PM, Jezrah said:

Haha that's funny! I remember seeing it before but I didn't know if it for sure would look good on a skinnier DD even though it says it fits, so it didn't end up on my priority list.

I actually checked to see whether there are other colours! I'd love to build a boyband with different colours, haha.

But I have to admit that the original product pictures didn't capture my interest at all. Kaito and Len's pictures are a 1000% better!

• Like 5

RyuichiSakuma13
On 3/18/2023 at 9:51 AM, Wasabi said:

*snip*

I actually checked to see whether there are other colours! I'd love to build a boyband with different colours, haha.

But I have to admit that the original product pictures didn't capture my interest at all. Kaito and Len's pictures are a 1000% better!

That would beΒ so cool!Β  I hope you're able to do it! πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13

pyoko

I did preorder Rin, it is my first preorder with Volks (ordered on the Japanese site).Β 

Will Volks announce when in autumn they will collect the final payment? Or do I have to make sure my cards daily/weekly limit isn't used up for the whole rest of the year because they will just randomly collect the payment when the dolls are ready ? πŸ˜…πŸ™ˆ

BeyondTime
9 minutes ago, pyoko said:

I did preorder Rin, it is my first preorder with Volks (ordered on the Japanese site).Β 

Will Volks announce when in autumn they will collect the final payment? Or do I have to make sure my cards daily/weekly limit isn't used up for the whole rest of the year because they will just randomly collect the payment when the dolls are ready ? πŸ˜…πŸ™ˆ

They send a payment request, and you should get a bit of notice from an announcement on the websiteΒ 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

β€œEmpty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

pyoko
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

They send a payment request, and you should get a bit of notice from an announcement on the websiteΒ 

Thank youΒ 

I hope I see the website announcement, though I guess people will be posting about it

PolitelyNefarious

I'm sure all of us are seeing the same, but for the thread timeline's sake, I received my payment request today. I'm surprised and grateful that Volks allows so much additional time to pay- not until towards the end of October. That's good to know for the future. They say Rin and Len are due to ship around October 28th. πŸŽ‰

• Like 4

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

Shailara

I also received the email today, although you might confuse it as they don't specifically mention the need for payment to be made I guess. They sort of word it like "Shipment will be made after this date for paid orders", unless I misread it. When you log in to your account, you'll find the button to pay there :)

(\_/)
( ' .' )Β 
( uu)

Poofiemus

Woke up from a long nap to see my own payment email! Took a few tries to get in to pay due to messages about too much traffic, guess people are hyped lol.

It's nice to have a solid shipping date. . . I just hope things slow down a bit at work, because it's been so busy I haven't started sewing for Project Venti at ALL.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

PolitelyNefarious

@ShailaraΒ Unless your email is different from mine, they specify that payment is due by the 22nd of October and provide a sign-in link.

Β 

@PoofiemusΒ Yay! Kagamine hype.Β πŸ˜‚Β I hope everyone gets their boys and girls asap. I won't be able to pay for mine until closer to the end of the month, unless I get a job sooner, but it is nice to have something to look forward to.

Β 

Xiongmao

Also woke up to find the emails.

The finances have been a little hair-raising lately but when Volks stops releasing cute dolls I'll stop buying them. At least 1/2 of Rin and 1/2 of Len is 15% cheaper due to the fall in the Yen since February 😁.

I did order a couple of the cases too because our Miku one is now too nice to take outside on photoshoots.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpgΒ 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.