Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Anya Forger (+ the new ChimikkoDD)

Monty

No further info yet, but she’s officially confirmed along with her regular non-uniform dress.

I associate her so much with a 8D kinda face, I wonder if she’ll have an open mouth?

Edited by Monty
  • Like 4

Mega Negi

can 't wait for the first face mods.

Spy x Family Finally Animated One of Anya's Best Memes

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

CeliathePikachu

Interesting that they didn't specify what body type she's going to be on.....

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

Monty
30 minutes ago, CeliathePikachu said:

Interesting that they didn't specify what body type she's going to be on.....

To be fair, they never do that until the volks news and sales info is out - stuff tends to always get announced using Dollfie Dream as an umbrella term. 
But it is still interesting considering Yor got announced with a photo, and definitely invites speculation due to her specific size. We haven’t had one of these type of sparse announcements since Kaito was first announced, so who knows how long she will be.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Emil
1 hour ago, Monty said:

We haven’t had one of these type of sparse announcements since Kaito was first announced, so who knows how long she will be.

lol, I wonder if we'll end up with an "Anya is cancelled!!" if there's no news by March 😂

• Haha 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Anna-neko

hhmhm.... no body... I wonder if whatever body she will be on is what the next-MDD size name will be!
maybe they'll hybrid up the Pretty and Mochi-Ashi into a brand new 3rd thing!

• Like 1

MikuFan

Hopefully will use a new body, else shell get the Anastasia treatment 

CreationOdyssey

Like everyone else I’m very curious what size she’ll be or if they have a special size planned for her (idk if they’ve ever done that) because she is a child. Making her almost as tall as Yor in a MDD body would be kinda odd to me. 

This now leaves me with whether or not I should click war for Yor…..

ateliervanilla

I'm curious how Anya's scale would be... I tried my custom Anya as a MDD next to my custom DD Yor, and I felt like she was too tall. So I changed her body to TinyFox.

And if you look at the anime, Anya is supposed to be smaller than that...

20221111_213828.jpg

scale.PNG

Edited by ateliervanilla
  • Like 4

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

BeyondTime
47 minutes ago, CreationOdyssey said:

Like everyone else I’m very curious what size she’ll be or if they have a special size planned for her (idk if they’ve ever done that) because she is a child. Making her almost as tall as Yor in a MDD body would be kinda odd to me. 

This now leaves me with whether or not I should click war for Yor…..

While I'm skeptical about the MDD being replaced with something different, hypothetically they could let the DDP replace MDD in that size range, and then make a new size appropriate for characters like Anya or Chibi-Usa. It is something missing in their lineup.

They'd have to be committed to new outfit sizes though, as long as MSD exists they have to keep making MDD sized clothes, DDP isn't a perfect fit for those and if it really was to replace MDD it would need a better lineup, and an Anya sized doll would need its own clothing size. 

IMO, they should do it, but I still really doubt it. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Banders

I had to grab my partner's Takane (DDy) & my Imomo Fuwamo (1/6) to try a comparison, and as weird as it looks in person (especially standing haha), I feel like it's more accurate to her height than a 1/4 Anya. I wonder... if she was 1/6 (with a big noggin & maybe longer arms and legs), she might be able to wear some yosd clothes...20230105_154455-01.jpeg.c4a75c1573d4f950338ceeefe59521dd.jpeg🤔

• Like 8

Living with: MDD H01, DDSB Yayoi Takatsuki, DDP Akira, DDS Nia Teppelin

My Instagram ★

Monty

My first thought was something like a ‘MDD sister’ - as in a shorter MDD that can still wear MDD clothes, but they are longer on the legs/arms, but I don’t know if that would work or not. I just hope we’re not in suspense for too long (regarding both this and the change for the original MDD body).

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Aaaargh, what's the point of Volks making an announcement without any details?

Lol.

Well there goes my New Years' resolution of not expanding my doll family 😂.

Edited by Xiongmao
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Lynn

I tried comparison with my Ayumu (Volks' YoSD) and high heeled Anastasia. Anya's size is indeed YoSD...

But why discontinue MDD if they are going to make a "YoDD"? 🤔 

ragnamuffin
5 hours ago, MikuFan said:

Hopefully will use a new body, else shell get the Anastasia treatment 

The Anastasia Treatment? 👀

• Like 1

Saluli

So curious, both about a new body as about a new MDD line

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Aaaargh, what's the point of Volks making an announcement without any details?

Possibly to drive sales of Yor. She didn't sell as fast as Tsukihime, and maybe they are worried about the amount of stock they have.

6 hours ago, Lynn said:

But why discontinue MDD if they are going to make a "YoDD"?

For sure they have not said they are discontinuing MDD. On my part, it's more speculation about possibly consolidating two similar sizes and adding something new that opens up character collaboration options. They might do this if they see a see an untapped market for vinyls that are more like tiny fox dolls, but which fit collabs with their DD line.

The counter argument really is, I don't see them adding more clothing lines. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Poofiemus

Honestly I'm expecting MDD size to stay but get a frame update--the size is too popular to permanently discontinue, but the F3 has some quirks that haven't been that well received. The shoulders and hips are especially fiddly. On my Mochi Ashi girl Asphodel, I wound up using Loctite Blue in her shoulders, and her hips I haven't found a good solution for tbh. (On both the Mochi Ashi and the DDDy, the F3 hip pegs just aren't long enough to seat properly in the hip sockets AND accommodate the thigh vinyl.) There is a custom Genshin MDD I'm considering making but I am definitely waiting to see what the updates will be before committing to the project. 

So between MDD's popularity and compatibility with the existing MSD size clothes and shoes, I would honestly be surprised if Anya is anything other than MDD. But I do kind of wonder if she might be Mochi Ashi--I have one normal MDD and one Mochi Ashi. Even standing next to each other, the Mochi Ashi has the illusion of being shorter due to the chonky leggies. I find this kind of hilarious, because my Mochi Ashi girl has like 4 inch long horns that technically make her taller than my regular MDD lololol. But if Volks doesn't end up having a good way to make Anya *actually* shorter than other MDDs they may use Mochi Ashi to create the *illusion* that she's shorter than other MDDs. 

As for whether or not I personally will go for Anya, that depends a LOT on how her head turns out. . . but if they do go for the open mouth smile, and pull it off, heheheh I may be in danger. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Xiongmao

Mochi-Ashi Anya would be amazing but also would mean I end up with a lot of them due to Marisa constantly nagging me about getting Reimu too.

A MDD body tweak would be a good thing. Yesterday I updated the thread about tightening shoulder joints... it's incredibly difficult (but very satisfying when complete).

Whatever face they give her is going to be controversial I guess. Smug face would be awesome if they pulled it off, or maybe this will be the first (that I know of) with optional heads. It's a pretty standard thing in the figure world.

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

xmintpie

I feel like a MDD body might feel too big for her so I hope they do a slightly smaller body or mdd body modification! Maybe she'll be on a body related to the yumemiru dollfie cafe line that had it's announcement canceled? I can't wait to see what she looks like, I'm so curious!

Instagram: xmintpie

Emil
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

The counter argument really is, I don't see them adding more clothing lines. 

The solution would just be making a YoDD that fits into YoSD/chibi dress line imo. 

• Like 5

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Emil said:

The solution would just be making a YoDD that fits into YoSD/chibi dress line imo. 

That might be too small scale though. What they need is a doll that looks like it matches 1/3, but a 6-9 year old 1/3. MDD is really like 1/4, but also pre-adolescent in appearance. 

Jezrah
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

That might be too small scale though. What they need is a doll that looks like it matches 1/3, but a 6-9 year old 1/3. MDD is really like 1/4, but also pre-adolescent in appearance. 

I disagree. My 1/6 Tinyfox boy is standing in front of my Smart Doll boy, and the little boy's head comes up to the big boy's crotch, which would just about match the above screenshot from the anime. The little boy is wearing a Volks YoSD outfit. 

Anya says that she's six but she has the appearance of only a 4 or 5 year old and Yos make good toddlers for a 1/3.

52609036017_1660286843_c.jpg

• Like 6

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Jezrah said:

I disagree. My 1/6 Tinyfox boy is standing in front of my Smart Doll boy, and the little boy's head comes up to the big boy's crotch, which would just about match the above screenshot from the anime.

What I am thinking is you need a 1/3 scale doll of a child's body in much the same way an SD16 is a 1/3 scale of a human in their late teens. If the tinyfox body fits that, then it would work. For some companies a 1/6 doll is going to be 1/6 scale of an adult, and that's not going to be right for Anya whose proportions are those of a young child. 

Jezrah
9 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

What I am thinking is you need a 1/3 scale doll of a child's body in much the same way an SD16 is a 1/3 scale of a human in their late teens. If the tinyfox body fits that, then it would work. For some companies a 1/6 doll is going to be 1/6 scale of an adult, and that's not going to be right for Anya whose proportions are those of a young child. 

Tinyfox is definitely not meant to be an adult body IMO. My kiddo there is the Painter X release, and was originally meant to be a girl, but I made him a boy because that's what I wanted and the body is sufficiently young and androgynous to not matter. 

I can't see Volks going about making a YoDD that is the equivalent of a Yo Midi rather than a YoSD. YoSD are meant to be young children whereas Yo Midi are super chibi characters. 

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg