Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Anya Forger (+ the new ChimikkoDD)

sunlightandtea

Wow, I really love the new body! It's so cute and small, I could see it being a perfect out-n-about doll. Small enough to tuck safely in a backpack and take pics with! I'm thinking of a pose with one of these girls sitting in a coffee mug in a cafe!

Deaknaew

Look like store front updated set image but website’s still doesn’t 

Xiongmao
4 hours ago, HK47 said:

Wonder who is going to buy her?  The body looks neat.

I'm pretty sure she will be coming here - my Yoru would kill me if I didn't preorder Anya.

I just hope she's not an anticlimax like the season 1 finale of Spy x Family.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

0bsequi0us

I'm really hoping we get more info about the Chimikko body soon 🥺 specifically, release dates. I have no idea if/how they even announce the sale of a new base body, now I'm wishing I'd paid more attention to the new MDD body's release. And for all I know it could be available in some capacity as early as this year or as late as... after Anya is delivered? so like 2025?

Either way I just wish I knew. The suspense is killing me 😂

• Like 1

Monty
38 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I'm really hoping we get more info about the Chimikko body soon 🥺 specifically, release dates. I have no idea if/how they even announce the sale of a new base body, now I'm wishing I'd paid more attention to the new MDD body's release. And for all I know it could be available in some capacity as early as this year or as late as... after Anya is delivered? so like 2025?

Either way I just wish I knew. The suspense is killing me 😂

It’s really hard to say. Iori and Yayoi debuted the DDP body and that wasn’t available separate until after they shipped (and I think it was in DCoord and then Dream Choice before then). Meanwhile the mochiashi came out as a Dream Choice body first (with it sold separate either at the same time or immediately after), and MDDf3 2 came out as a base body before being in Dream Choice (this weekend). ChimikkoDD was announced as one of the anniversary projects and shown with other heads which (to me) implies it isn’t limited to Anya, but it would also make sense if they waited a bit before doing anything else to boost interest in Anya herself. 
The annual Dream Choice update this year was pretty bare bones compared to usual so maybe next summer they’ll add it as part of the big update (along with DDH29), this is just my wishful thinking though of course.

• Like 1

0bsequi0us
19 hours ago, Monty said:

It’s really hard to say. Iori and Yayoi debuted the DDP body and that wasn’t available separate until after they shipped (and I think it was in DCoord and then Dream Choice before then). Meanwhile the mochiashi came out as a Dream Choice body first (with it sold separate either at the same time or immediately after), and MDDf3 2 came out as a base body before being in Dream Choice (this weekend). ChimikkoDD was announced as one of the anniversary projects and shown with other heads which (to me) implies it isn’t limited to Anya, but it would also make sense if they waited a bit before doing anything else to boost interest in Anya herself. 
The annual Dream Choice update this year was pretty bare bones compared to usual so maybe next summer they’ll add it as part of the big update (along with DDH29), this is just my wishful thinking though of course.

That's sort of what I was afraid of 😂 There doesn't seem to be a really concrete pattern for new body availability, so it sounds like we'll just have to wait and see (& hope)

I really hope it will at least eventually be available as a standalone base body, I definitely don't want to have to hassle with Dream Choice again 😅

teensybits
On 10/3/2023 at 6:29 AM, HK47 said:

Wonder who is going to buy her?  The body looks neat.

I'm ordering her as soon as the preorders open.

PolitelyNefarious

I can't share the video clip because it was on story, but SophyBabyBear posted some nice closeup footage of Anya.

Screenshot_20231005_014243_Instagram.jpg.b251a1d7a62c3b5874753fc2b0d4f52d.jpg

• Like 2

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

Xiongmao

I don't know if I like her mouth but I do like her other outfit set. Also there's a very nice exchange rate right now...

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

kranberrijam

Just waiting till the first of the month when my credit card resets to order her. I was thinking of sending her head off to get the mouth modded, but maybe I'll just get an extra head and do a completely different expression. 😏

• Like 4

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

howasaur

Stopped by Doll Point Akihabara when I was in Japan and got to see MDD Chimiko Anya for myself!

She's sooo cute! I like how the outfits and Chimera-san turned out! Seeing her in person really made me want her again.

Personally, I'm still going to pass on her due to the price tag and I don't love the 😮 face that she has. I'll be jealous of all of you who do go through ordering her, and I hope this photo helps show what she looks like in-person!

spacer.png

• Like 8

Xiongmao

Thanks for the photo. If anyone else goes to DollPoint we really need somebody to sneak an MDD next to Anya.

I'm not sure if I like her face and that pleathery outfit material's probably not going to last. But having said that I watched the Season 2 opener last night and they've done a pretty good job of capturing what she looks like in the anime.

I still don't know if I'll preorder her or wait for an unwanted one next year.

If YouTube video views are anything to go by, I think Spy x Family's been massively overshadowed by Frieren.

Edited by Xiongmao

howasaur
4 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Thanks for the photo. If anyone else goes to DollPoint we really need somebody to sneak an MDD next to Anya.

I'm not sure if I like her face and that pleathery outfit material's probably not going to last.

I wish there was something to compare the size to as well, especially in photos!

I also agree with the pleather. I can't confirm the material and wish there was another display model we can hold to get a feel for the outfits and Chimiko body. 

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, howasaur said:

I wish there was something to compare the size to as well, especially in photos!

As far as I know, this is as close as it gets: https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/spy-family/drs_anya01.html

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

teensybits
3 hours ago, howasaur said:

I also agree with the pleather. I can't confirm the material and wish there was another display model we can hold to get a feel for the outfits and Chimiko body. 

There is a Volks news scan floating around somewhere with the chimikko body shown alongside a MDD (both with DD heads).

Beani
3 hours ago, howasaur said:

It’s not Anya but the comparison shot of Chimikko and MDD from Volks News gives a good impression of the size difference at least. Them wearing the same outfit especially helps. 

• Like 3

ragnamuffin

Saw her in person recently, and Anya’s head is HUMONGOUS. Like, it must be 2x the size of a normal MDD head.

• Haha 2

Xiongmao

Season 2 has been really underwhelming so far. Maybe all their best writers have switched to Frieren 🙄.

• Confused 1

Squid

It looks like they've changed her pose since the poster above took their photo! I was at Volks Akihabara yesterday and it was a little different!

Here's the photo I took. 😅

spacer.png

She's a very pretty girl and I think the body is very cute, but I know next to nothing about Spy x Family (though I do think the movie theater instructions that have been playing are pretty funny). I think I may pass. Good luck to anyone who tries for her!

• Like 2

BeyondTime

One thing that I noticed in the Volks info on the new body is that it uses at least some of the new MDD-f3 2.0 frame concepts. I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before we see DD & DDS-f3 2.0.  Hopefully we get DDP-f3 2.0 as well, but I'm not very hopeful about Volks commitment to DDP. There are certainly some flaws in DDP, like arm length, and it would be nice to see them addressed along with lack of DDP outfits, so DDP can have a second chance with a better design. 

• Like 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani

I saw Anya in person the other day and took a photo as usual to share (with the plan to take quite a few reference shots) as they had two out and one with Yor. But then I realised there were no photography signs and deleted it. I’ve never seen no photography signs on new DD releases so late in their cycle (I use to document all of them when I lived near Doll Point a couple years back) and it was clearly fine earlier when howasaur was there as the photo OK sign is visible. No idea why they did this but can’t say I like it. I’ve always understood the photo ban on the one offs and even early announced DDs but suddenly for Anya? Weird. 

Edited by Beani

Monty
1 hour ago, Beani said:

I saw Anya in person the other day and took a photo as usual to share (with the plan to take quite a few reference shots) as they had two out and one with Yor. But then I realised there were no photography signs and deleted it. I’ve never seen no photography signs on new DD releases so late in their cycle (I use to document all of them when I lived near Doll Point a couple years back) and it was clearly fine earlier when howasaur was there as the photo OK sign is visible. No idea why they did this but can’t say I like it. I’ve always understood the photo ban on the one offs and even early announced DDs but suddenly for Anya? Weird. 

This is unrelated to Chimikko Anya but it reminded me of how they announced a nendoll of her at Doll Summit last week but for whatever reason she was the only product at the event you weren’t allowed to photograph. But she wasn’t separated from the others, so when people were uploading photos of the other nendolls as a group, they covered her with a mosaic. When GSC uploaded a photo, she was censored with peanut emoji. It made me laugh.

I did see that display of her with Yor on the DD twitter a little while back though! I meant to post it here but it completely slipped my mind.

https://x.com/volks_dd/status/1719990096051704318?s=46&t=4p5nRrsi9Bdrs_0lk7Ex6w

Plus this cute one on a couch:

https://x.com/volks_dd/status/1719628439052075360?s=46&t=4p5nRrsi9Bdrs_0lk7Ex6w

Her head really is huge!

(also…I’m not sure if there’s still a way to make twitter embeds work on here unfortunately. They used to be automatic, but no longer, even if I change the url back to ‘twitter’. If anyone knows how…)

ragnamuffin
42 minutes ago, Monty said:

(also…I’m not sure if there’s still a way to make twitter embeds work on here unfortunately. They used to be automatic, but no longer, even if I change the url back to ‘twitter’. If anyone knows how…)

IIRC third parties don’t have access to the Twitter API anymore, so it’s no longer possible to embed tweets.

• Thanks 1

Beani
4 hours ago, Monty said:

Plus this cute one on a couch:

https://x.com/volks_dd/status/1719628439052075360?s=46&t=4p5nRrsi9Bdrs_0lk7Ex6w

Her head really is huge!

That pose on the couch was one of the two Anya’s I tried to photograph so now I’m more confused why photos weren’t allowed. I understand licensing issues and such (likely the reason for the nendoll) but it seems they had no problem with photos of her until November. Oh well. 

BeyondTime
47 minutes ago, Beani said:

That pose on the couch was one of the two Anya’s I tried to photograph so now I’m more confused why photos weren’t allowed. I understand licensing issues and such (likely the reason for the nendoll) but it seems they had no problem with photos of her until November. Oh well. 

Is it possible she's not selling well? She looks more like Anya in the Volks photos than in some of the photos taken in store.