Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Anya Forger (+ the new ChimikkoDD)

Monty
1 hour ago, Beani said:

That pose on the couch was one of the two Anya’s I tried to photograph so now I’m more confused why photos weren’t allowed. I understand licensing issues and such (likely the reason for the nendoll) but it seems they had no problem with photos of her until November. Oh well. 

All I can think of is that they had a general ‘photos ok from these dates’ thing (weird though considering you’d expect it to be for the duration of the PO period), or there was stuff behind her they didn’t want captured (like the Dream Choice counter…? That would potentially get candid photos of customers). Yor being there means the camera would be higher and get more of the background too. Although, I don’t remember that being an issue with past PO dolls much bigger than Anya (although I also just never heard about it, for all I know they had a photos ok period too?) so I really don’t know. 

Beani
On 11/11/2023 at 4:59 PM, BeyondTime said:

Is it possible she's not selling well? She looks more like Anya in the Volks photos than in some of the photos taken in store. 

I did consider that but thought it may be my bias towards her (in short, I don’t like her). But clamping down on photos generally isn’t a good way to encourage people on the fence so who knows really. For Volks’ sake I hope she is selling well though. 

On 11/11/2023 at 6:16 PM, Monty said:

All I can think of is that they had a general ‘photos ok from these dates’ thing (weird though considering you’d expect it to be for the duration of the PO period), or there was stuff behind her they didn’t want captured (like the Dream Choice counter…? That would potentially get candid photos of customers). Yor being there means the camera would be higher and get more of the background too. Although, I don’t remember that being an issue with past PO dolls much bigger than Anya (although I also just never heard about it, for all I know they had a photos ok period too?) so I really don’t know. 

They never had any issues with dream choice behind the dolls so I doubt that is it. I use to go to Volks every two weeks or so and never saw this reverse photo ban (I vaguely remember one ban but it was early in the announce cycle I think..) but that was before the pandemic. Guess that was ages ago at this point, things could have changed but I simply don’t understand why they would do it. It gives a bad vibe. 

CreationOdyssey

I was thinking that maybe they had to put up a no photo sign because too many people were coming in just to take photos of Anya, possibly disturbing other customers? Not only is it a new doll body, but Spy Family (Anya) is pretty popular in general. Especially with the new season airing right now. 

Tierparkzone
9 hours ago, CreationOdyssey said:

I was thinking that maybe they had to put up a no photo sign because too many people were coming in just to take photos of Anya, possibly disturbing other customers? Not only is it a new doll body, but Spy Family (Anya) is pretty popular in general. Especially with the new season airing right now. 

The amount of people at Doll Point didn't seem much different from usual since Anya is being shown off. Maybe some licensing agreement ran out in November that they had to put up the signs?

I got to see the setups with Anya and Yor before they put up the no photo signs, so for everyone still on the fence, here are some pictures:

ca9116b2d08db83556ce508c6d07.jpg

67fad0b9ff3cd2ffc090a86bf655.jpg

638c3b07ca051ef4b42cbcf6bf81.jpg

48b9b08ea38b724e82187d4b180f.jpg

• Like 5

RozenGermain

Wow and I thought Anya was cute already! Not only is she cute.... doll Anya is even cuter!!!

Xiongmao

Wow they look so good together. My Yoru will be so annoyed if I don't get her an Anya.

• Haha 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Monty

Well whatever went on with the no photos thing seems to be over now - my sister was in there today and took a pic with the photos OK sign visible. Whatever the issue was before must have been temporary I guess.

She is very cute, and I want to support the first Chimikko release, but I just can’t justify it with other expenses right now.

IMG_8093.jpeg

• Like 4

ragnamuffin
3 hours ago, Monty said:

my sister was in there today

Is your sister one of us? 👀 

Monty
1 minute ago, ragnamuffin said:

Is your sister one of us? 👀 

My evil plan in telling her to go to Doll Point to see Anya (since she wanted to see the amiami store in Radio Kaikan anyway) -may- have been to have her fall in love and place an order, or fall in love with the MDDs and make a Dream
Choice, but alas, she’s much more of a figure collector.

In the end it works out though - I don’t have the funds or space to collect figures when I use both of those for dolls and vice versa for her, but when we visit eachother we can enjoy the things we can’t/dont have indirectly. I get to see a lot of cool figures in real life I probably wouldn’t otherwise, and she gets to see the dolls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tasuke
On 11/14/2023 at 4:50 AM, RozenGermain said:

Wow and I thought Anya was cute already! Not only is she cute.... doll Anya is even cuter!!!

You're Very Right... VOLKS truly Knocked it Clean Out of the Park on this one.

i'm not even a fan of SPYxFAMILY... and EVEN I would love to have her~

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 2

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Xiongmao

OK Anya appears to be ordered. Anya's very epic boat joke in episode 30 made my mind up. I did try ordering her yesterday but I got that dreaded site too busy message between the credit card security questions and the final order processing screen... that really annoyed my bank!

I'll do her outfit at the same time tomorrow so as to not overload my card. I don't often use my credit card but it's safer with such a long time between payment and delivery.

I also paid the full amount as some currency traders believe JPY is highly vulnerable to an extreme and very violent reversal (back in 2008 it went from 250 to 120 against GBP in a few days).

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Noxxbunny

I caved and ordered Anya...😭 TBH I was just going to end up wanting to buy her fullset and her extra outfit ANYWAY, and I hate having to surf the uncertainty of the aftermarket so...

Anya stuff gets me every time...She's become a favorite of mine when I watch SpyxFamily. She's too cute!

• Like 5

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

BeyondTime
On 11/14/2023 at 2:20 AM, Tierparkzone said:

I got to see the setups with Anya and Yor before they put up the no photo signs, so for everyone still on the fence, here are some pictures:

ca9116b2d08db83556ce508c6d07.jpg

Seeing this makes me think they could make Chibi-Usa now, and hopefully the outers along with her  

• Like 6

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao
On 11/22/2023 at 11:48 PM, Noxxbunny said:

I caved and ordered Anya...😭 TBH I was just going to end up wanting to buy her fullset and her extra outfit ANYWAY, and I hate having to surf the uncertainty of the aftermarket so...

Anya stuff gets me every time...She's become a favorite of mine when I watch SpyxFamily. She's too cute!

She's priceless in every scene she's in. The ship joke is her best quip ever.

Oh and my preorder's been confirmed, plus I preordered a couple of her outfits (one for Anya, and a spare in case any of the other girls or Len wants the plushie).

Preordering is definitely a good idea. I'd have thought they'd made millions of Kagamines, but there are currently none on Mandarake and the Mercari ones are going for much more than their preorder price. It won't be long before Rin is a grail again.

Malloruru

I went and saw her in store yesterday and shes way cuter than I expected! In person shes way cuter than the photos!! I didn't think I wanted to order the Anya version, I dont care for the costume or anything but seeing her head model in person totally captivated me, her eyes are so big and round, and I really love it QmQ 
Her little tummy, and the short chubby legs, she looks aamazziiinngggg so cute!!!! 
I really hope they will sell some new head models made with this body in mind, or sell this head model blank later. 

• Like 5

Monty

She got a new additional preorder all the way until 14th Jan to commemorate the release of the new movie.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_231006_DDANYA/

Argh stop tempting me!

There doesn’t seem to be a change in release date for this order batch. I hope that doesn’t mean she hasn’t been selling that well, I want to see them do more with this body.

@Malloruru About her head, Volks don’t sell heads of licensed characters on their own or blank, but there has been times they’ve released standard heads with similarities to popular limited heads. I personally think DDH22 was inspired by the popularity of Arle for example. I would definitely like to see a standard head with huge round eyes like Anya’s! It looks like a really fun head to mod (especially open mouth mods), but doing mods on a limited head is daunting.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 3

Xiongmao

I suspect she didn't sell that well. The other possibility is one of their next planned licenses fell through, so they have manufacturing capacity to produce more of somebody else. Have they ever reopened a limited order before?

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Have they ever reopened a limited order before?

I think they re-opened the pre-orders for Anna & Elsa, but I don't recall if they ever did that with the annual one on the  DD side. They did with Luka iirc, but Luka wasn't released in the annual pre-order project. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

I think they have done it with something Snow Miku related (dont remember if it was an outfit or her reboot) but I don’t remember the specifics. 
It’s possible that the movie reignited interest in the franchise and Volks received a lot of questions about Anya from people who had missed the initial preorder (especially because she’s still on display in Doll Point), although the new dates still have the same release estimate (not that they’ve said a month yet). It’s still close enough to the end of the original PO dates to not be too weird though. I did notice that at the time that announcement went up the web store became overcrowded, so I hope she got a decent number of new orders. I just don’t want ChimikkoDD to turn out a flop for them because it’s really cute.

BeyondTime
27 minutes ago, Monty said:

I think they have done it with something Snow Miku related (dont remember if it was an outfit or her reboot) but I don’t remember the specifics. 

I seem to recall that as well. 

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, Monty said:

I just don’t want ChimikkoDD to turn out a flop for them because it’s really cute.

They need to add this to Dream Choice. I’m already planning another doll around it!!!

• Like 2

Tasuke

I Sure do hope she is selling well... she deserves it, the most Adorable little thing... and the very best Anya i've seen anywhere, by a Landslide.

Again; all of this coming from a SPYxFamily Non-Fan... That is just how hard VOLKS knocked it out of the Park with this little Butter Cookie♥

• Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png