Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Anouc

No Commissions anymore! ☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ fantasy dolls faceups ~ ☆

Anouc

Hahaha i should change the titel 🙈😂 But i wanted to use the old Thread. 

_______

Hey ho... I repainted two of my „broken“ heads. 

One of them was very destroid. I tried to sell it in the past, but...of course nobody wanted her. 😅 Thought maybe someone who want to start with FUs need some practice heads... But there wasnt someone. 

So i desided to sand & repaint her today. Not the best, but its ok for the moment. (The normal DDh02 - not finished yet) 

33921D37-7A05-4EDE-8DC6-B19F7435DE17.jpeg.3e5f47d9db379419d13c6a7893fcb813.jpeg

8D7511EC-01C1-41FE-8A7B-2F5D1A071B2D.jpeg.61b03791c420219882d0dae92ca13975.jpeg

2D382225-9107-4C96-B964-9447EED4D995.jpeg.a640c3ae10f6286fd4e262fc16b2cacf.jpeg

F1F419CF-2896-4501-94F7-424BF39A59EF.jpeg.1d400489d89504ca20f55968ee945aad.jpeg

33628562-D0E3-45F7-9C9C-FC6FADC34032.jpeg.5ba117a7a6274cb8f5ca81e5768d3854.jpeg

_________

The other head had some little „stains“ but it was not that difficult to remove them. (My luck, tried to sell her too for less then what a DDh02 head cost) 

I like her. She looks cute. 

3B94AAE0-6A32-49EF-9AE7-47EE900AD4EE.jpeg.4e4c9036a9dee4bb77154993d9c4b4bf.jpeg

A22B4546-80D0-48D6-8AA5-E73B8932310A.jpeg.61fa55bf0a9c07f6935ed6db0af2a203.jpeg

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

Sord

Nice work! You faceup artists make it look so easy 😁. Because I used to draw a lot when I was a kid, I thought my first faceup attempt would look decent enough, however, it turned out BAD. I kept messing up on the eyebrows and each time I tried to "correct it" by covering it up with more paint, the brows got larger and larger until they looked like Groucho Marx brows. Also, I ended up putting so much sealer on it, that afterwards, the head was too sticky when it dried. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

DML

The eyebrows are the most difficult part to do on a face up. When I first attempted doing a face up for my doll, I was trying to paint on the eyebrows. But after many trials and errors, I found out a technique that always works and you get good looking eyebrows everytime. 

What you have to do is, keep your hand holding the brush or pen very still resting on the table and only move the dolls head for painting on the eyebrows. 

Try it out and let me know if that works for you :)

• Like 2

Sord
5 hours ago, Meow said:

The eyebrows are the most difficult part to do on a face up. When I first attempted doing a face up for my doll, I was trying to paint on the eyebrows. But after many trials and errors, I found out a technique that always works and you get good looking eyebrows everytime. 

What you have to do is, keep your hand holding the brush or pen very still resting on the table and only move the dolls head for painting on the eyebrows. 

Try it out and let me know if that works for you :)

Thanks for the tip. If I ever attempt it again, I'll try to remember this. @onion20@

I was looking around on the forum earlier, when I saw a mention of using things called "Watercolor Pencils", as another option for the eyebrows. I think those would've worked better for someone like me, who is more skilled using pens and pencils, vs. using a paintbrush. The thing is, I bought the Volks Dollfie Makeup Starter Kit for that first faceup attempt, but it only comes with Paint Brushes. 

• Like 1

DML
1 hour ago, Sord said:

Thanks for the tip. If I ever attempt it again, I'll try to remember this. @onion20@

I was looking around on the forum earlier, when I saw a mention of using things called "Watercolor Pencils", as another option for the eyebrows. I think those would've worked better for someone like me, who is more skilled using pens and pencils, vs. using a paintbrush. The thing is, I bought the Volks Dollfie Makeup Starter Kit for that first faceup attempt, but it only comes with Paint Brushes. 

Watercolor pencils are good too, But they can dry up very quickly and you have to keep wetting them. It can turn into a thick paste if you go over the same area a few times if you not quick enough. (This happened to me)

And if you make a mistake, it is harder to wipe off.

Edited by Meow
  • Thanks 1

baldylox

Hey @Anouc, I was going thru this thread and noticed that you have a thing you do on some of your heads.... a little something you add to a cheek every so often.  Like a star or a heart.  This reminded me of one of my girls, Ami.  

38510822410_e600bff169_z.jpgDSC_0859 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I got her in a lot of parts and clothing back in 2017 as just a head.  She has a little heart on her left cheek:

38510811300_a172c3b719_z.jpgDSC_0861 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Did you paint this girl?  Her previous owner didn't know who did and I'd like to know since I really love her soft look and style.

Billy 

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Anouc

@baldylox i think its not one of mine... i wasnt very good in doing so much lashes. But i cant say it for 100% sure anymore 🙈😂😂 

@Sord i know what you mean. i am not good in doing it with a brush! And i also fail at eyebrows. But at least, most of the time you cant see a DD straight in the face. So i am ok with not 100% eyebrows. And + in germany we say: eyebrows aren’t twins they are sisters. 🤪 (not 100% the same) 

BTw: I use a soft pencil instead now. :) 

• Like 2

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆