Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Anouc

No Commissions anymore! ☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ fantasy dolls faceups ~ ☆

JChiibs

You're welcome Anouc.

I try very hard not to get angry on the forums, but this just pushed too many buttons. Good or not I've thought of myself as an artist my entire life, most of the people in my family are highly creative including both of my parents. I grew up being aware of many different forms of art, from individuals as well as on a more corporate level, seeing many different sides of the industry as a whole.

You have been nothing but gracious offering this service to the community. Giving so many people the chance to have their own unique DD, when they do not have the means to do it themselves. Even Volks doesn't do this (compared to the BJD companies that allow for a customized faceup.) More overall this applies to any artist making things for DD, from faceups, customized heads, clothing, artwork, ect. It takes a lot of talent, creativity, time, practice, skill, and work to make something of quality that highly appeals to another individual. Unfortunately the consumer only sees the end product, and most likely never thinks in depth about the whole process it took to get to the finished stage. I for one am an oddball in that respect because I try very hard to think about everything involved when I ask someone to make something for me.

It doesn't take an advanced math major to see that this isn't some get rich scheme where you are charging up the rear. Most artists would be delighted to make minimum wage (or your country's equivalent) for the work they do. This is what made me additionally shocked about people asking for the same work at a lower price. Manors aside, acting in that way is hurtful to the very person you are asking for quality work from. Um... hello! That is just highly selfish, and a very good way to express to the artist that they should blacklist you. Why should an artist feel obligated to do work for someone who starts off by simply insulting the artist in a very personal way? What would you feel like if your boss decided to take a discount from your paycheck, just because he asked for it irregardless of the hours you worked, or what your hourly wage is set at? How dare you assume you know every cost that goes into the calculation for what Anouc decides to charge. Because you want to know the truth? Her labor charge should be a lot higher. If you still somehow think it is still totally acceptable to treat artists like this, then you have no right to be surprised if in a few years they give up out of sheer frustration and no longer offer commissions. Simple cause and effect.

Much of this is why I have been highly hesitant in doing clothing commissions for DD. I have the talent, ability, skills, loads of experience with sewing, a high attention to detail, and a mind very adept at taking 2D images and creating them into accurate realistic versions. I know right off the bat my work wouldn't be cheap because I take a lot of pride in it. And yet I feel like all anyone would look at is the price tag and how it is so much more expensive than X website, totally disregarding the massive difference in quality. Seeing a fellow artist treated like this makes me even more hesitant. I would be so massively thrilled to see my own work out in the DD universe, but I'm not going to punish myself just to get it there when I very easily could just stay in my reclusive little corner and only do things for myself and Raven.

Anouc- I really wish I knew what to say so you would start to have more self confidence. Sure it's daunting sending expensive heads half way around the world. Sure there are other faceup artist in my country I could have sent them to or done them myself. That didn't matter to me at all because I wanted your work. Your faceups are so darling and distinctive. I want to cry (happy tears) whenever I look at the pic of my first 01 you did. She is exactly what I had hoped for and the very reason I sent her to you. I knew for a fact I couldn't accomplish it. I can't wait to finally see her. I'm already rather sure that she will be my #2 favorite DD, only beaten out by Tamayuki. Stop saying that your work is not worth it. People are waiting for more commission slot to open because they DO find your work worth it! I still count myself highly lucky that you allowed me to send four heads at once, and I can guarantee that there will be more in the future. I wish I could get you to print out every nice comment anyone has ever said about your faceup work and tape each one to a wall where you can see them regularly. You need to focus a bit more on what you do right, not only remembering the flaws. If there are flaws, there is more room for you to learn and expand your abilities. It is not failure on your part. I don't want your work to look like it could have been done by a machine. Your faceups have too much life for that.

My sister Elizabeth told me this once, and it applies to you too: "You have to realize when you think something you do is 'not good enough,' it blows everyone else away."

You are amazing. Now you just need to believe it.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

katnaper

I just saw this and I agree with SK. You do lovely work Anouc and I think your pricing is more than reasonable. In fact, like you said it is on the lower end of what other face-up artists ask and I don' t think there is any need to discount your work. 30 to 50 euros is pretty cheap for one of a kind work, you should actually be charging more. The fact that you make such lovely work available for a great price is something more people should appreciate. If they think that your pricing is expensive then maybe they should re-think giving you the commission and just do it themselves. Some people forget that its not just the materials (which can get pricey in themselves) but the time and effort an artist puts in on the work that should also be considered. I don't mind paying a higher price for something that I know is going to be one of a kind and is of a high quality because I know I could probably never be able to do as good a job of it myself.

Nya sometimes I can understand it, to ask for discounts etc... But after it happened a lot more than in the last year I felt a little bit sad. It felt like my work isn't worth it.

Don't let this get you down dear. Your commission slots fill up fast because people like your work and they want and like your own distinctive style. I'm sure people wouldn't sign up if they didn't think you did wonderful face-ups.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

vegablack

Someone has a message for you:

8508135251_fb298bc37b.jpg

IMG_0633 by Vega Black, on Flickr

I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your work. I was at a festival this weekend and got so many comments on how cute my doll that you painted was. One girl even wanted to take a picture holding her (specifically saying "I want to hold the pink haired one" even though there were other dolls with us) Your work is worth every penny.

At home: Tomoe (HD03), Hotaru (Haruka), Setsuna (Rise), Rikky (Saber Alter), Kotori (HD06), Kanako (MDD HD04), Asahi (Lucy), Tsukiyo (Alice), Nozomi (modded HD01 MDD), Ninimiel (HD03 elf), Nene (Marisa), Miuna (HD07), Sylvie (HD06)

Anouc

Thanks a lot for all your kind words ... I really dont wanted to give the feeling that i do subreption some praise. It was just a feeling i had, after some questions like that.

But all your words Kyoya, katnaper and vegablack means a thousend to me ...

And i really try to believe it too now Kyoya ^_~

I did it:

I wish I could get you to print out every nice comment anyone has ever said about your faceup work and tape each one to a wall where you can see them regularly. You need to focus a bit more on what you do right, not only remembering the flaws.

I printed your comments and special vegablacks overkill cute message out and also katnapers message!!! I think i need it sometimes to remind me what each of you said. So for now i can see it everytime when i paint a head

Haha sorry its not the best picture, i only did it fast with my phone >__<

8511402586_b0fb87241f_z.jpg

I think i will print out each photo i get now from the owners girls (or may boys?) i did in the past or do in the future ... as a reminder and also as a mirror of what i did ^^

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

Hpyon

Huge thanks from me and my girl as well :3 she doesn't have any clothes yet but seems very happy about the faceup despite that

IMG_2602.jpg

I'll be sure to take many more pictures once I get her clothed up, haha, thanks for the fantastic job Anouc!

edit: another with slightly better lighting and angle, I really love her

IMG_2607.jpg

Edited by Guest

Anouc

He he thanks for this photo, and what should i say, your picture looks much more lovely than my one with that wig XDD ...

And now back to what we´re here for

A new finished girl:

Asuka DD

wishes: similar lashes than the last Marisa girl.

And first we tried a with-teeth-smile on her, but decided that she looks scary with it, and gave her a normal smile ^^ ...

And for finish we decided to give her some cute lines... (I really like them, i could do them each time xD)

I must say, after that i like Asuka much more (I am absolutly not a fan of Asuka default faceup >___<)

8511519432_98b8c49eaf_z.jpg

Ekidonia

WHOOOO !

This is my cutie !

She is wonderful ! Thanks a lot Anouc !

DD at home : Asuka (Asuka french), Kanae (Yui)

Anouc
Oooh I recognize that heart shaped decoration on your wall...

Asuka looks so cute

He he yeah ... I got it last year valentine event (was it v-day? yeah i think it was?!?!)

katnaper

sent you a PM

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

MrFjmg03
March slots are full... will open for April later in march ^^ ... requests are ok.

YAY!!! I'm so glad i got your last slot for march. I can't wait to send Panchita to you to get anew face-up

Thank you very much

Anouc
March slots are full... will open for April later in march ^^ ... requests are ok.

YAY!!! I'm so glad i got your last slot for march. I can't wait to send Panchita to you to get anew face-up

Thank you very much

He he you´re welcome ... And you got the slot after the last one ... But now its really closed for march!!! XD

JChiibs

It's good to know that me sticking the DD names in the heads might have been a little useful. I was just afraid that my obsessive-compulsive side was getting out of control. I feel a little less silly now.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Anouc
It's good to know that me sticking the DD names in the heads might have been a little useful. I was just afraid that my obsessive-compulsive side was getting out of control. I feel a little less silly now.

~Sister Kyoya

Ha ha dont worry, i noticed that this package was yours ... With valentine-cards (thank you so much btw) and everything it was easy ... But sometimes heads arrive with nothing. Sometimes with except an adresse outside the package. Thaaaan its a little bit difficult to know which head it is ... Special when two or more same headsculps are on the list ...

Innocentsake

Totally liked and shared the picture on FB, such a fun contest you are running ^^v

Anouc

up ^^ ... Only one slot open atm O___O ...

Edit: ok i´ll open 3 slots more till summer ... but than it will be a little bit lower than (because i want to spend some days outide with my dolls XP I need some sun on my skin xDDDD )

Ekidonia

Your two new head are really nice !

I really like the ddh 06 ^o^

(thanks for the slot ^^)

DD at home : Asuka (Asuka french), Kanae (Yui)