Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

dolloramore

Introducing Louisa!

dolloramore

I'm tagging as NSFW because of doll nudity!

Hi everyone!

I'm very happy to announce that I finally received my first doll 🥳 Sure, they're naked and bald but I still love them already so so much 🥰

Let me introduce you to Louisa, my beloved OC now doll incarnate:

601701596_NewCanvas.png.8c239e15d7aa6954b9a6002cc7a4613c.pngIMG_20230814_120320.jpg.4b0de51db831fd707a8325a1400248df.jpg

1692119405824.jpg.f0ea49d40428f16c835dc6f32f385533.jpg

Bonus in spoilers: headshot art of them

Spoiler

7474ba782c7732f3ff65c5a17ed194a0.png.43d573f61becbc4b749ab2d94fff1464.png

They're a SQ-lab Tsubaki head on a DDdy-F3 body, faceup was made by Sadol! Eyes are a DIY, I'll replace them. I settled for Semi-white as a color closer to their skin wasn't avaiable.

So far i've ordered their wig (who will be a big challenge to style like how I draw their hair lmao) and a Towa default dress whom I snagged secondhand. I plan to buy them an outfit and a Peach Pai Plus bust.

That's about it! thanks for looking 💕

• Like 8

Cinnamon

I love their expression so much! I was even more delighted when I peaked at the artwork and saw what a close match the sculpt/faceup is to the character headshot. Like, holy heck.

I love them!

Can't resist complimenting the gorgeous Shiba Inu as well, what a cutie!

• Like 1

dolloramore
7 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I love their expression so much! I was even more delighted when I peaked at the artwork and saw what a close match the sculpt/faceup is to the character headshot. Like, holy heck.

Thank you so much! I'm very happy to hear that as I've searched for months a sculpt that would look close to how I draw them (I first had my mind set on Sasara DD but it was very out of my budget 😅)!

Also thank you for my fur baby, her name is Hayabūsa 🥰

• Like 1

Cinnamon
7 minutes ago, digiv1ce said:

Thank you so much! I'm very happy to hear that as I've searched for months a sculpt that would look close to how I draw them (I first had my mind set on Sasara DD but it was very out of my budget 😅)!

Also thank you for my fur baby, her name is Hayabūsa 🥰

Ah, I see why - Sasara is very close to your character. However I would say your months of searching certainly paid off, the end result is just so charming. I'm not super familiar with SQ-lab as I'm still pretty new to vinyl, but that's another rabbit hole for me to go down now because I adore how yours has turned out! I can't wait to see more of them when their wig arrives!

Sending your sweet girl Hayabūsa virtual pets, too ^^

• Like 1

dolloramore
16 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Ah, I see why - Sasara is very close to your character. However I would say your months of searching certainly paid off, the end result is just so charming. I'm not super familiar with SQ-lab as I'm still pretty new to vinyl, but that's another rabbit hole for me to go down now because I adore how yours has turned out! I can't wait to see more of them when their wig arrives!

Once again thank you, it warms my heart to read this 🥰

SQ-lab heads are my new obsession I really love all of their sculpt! They're not vinyl tho but urethane resin! Despite not being vinyl I find that DD/SQlab hybrids look amazing and the color matching is great 😄

• Like 1

Cinnamon
18 minutes ago, digiv1ce said:

Once again thank you, it warms my heart to read this 🥰

SQ-lab heads are my new obsession I really love all of their sculpt! They're not vinyl tho but urethane resin! Despite not being vinyl I find that DD/SQlab hybrids look amazing and the color matching is great 😄

I see, that's so interesting! Even more impressive that the colour match is so good. Perhaps it's my amateur eye, but it was hard for me to notice it was even a hybrid at first, let alone a non-vinyl head! Very cool!

• Like 1

DollBound

I love her face, for some reason I really love grumpy looking girls XD

• Like 1

PolitelyNefarious

@digiv1ce  Congratulations, and welcome! Louisa looks rad. SQLabs seems relatively slept on in vinyl and BJD discussion, despite the fact that their sculpts clearly sell. And it's a shame! While I haven't invested in any, they're one of my favorite resin anime doll artist teams. They look incredibly close to your art; it's like they were made for you. And they are going to rock that Peach Pai. Already their faceup looks spot-on. Whoever did it nailed the anime cell smoothness. Incredible. I hope your adventures in wig styling go well, because so far, they're a dead-ringer for their concept, and I know they're going to have so much presence when they're complete. They already do. I look forward to learning more about them and their story as you feel compelled to share.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

dolloramore
6 hours ago, DollBound said:

I love her face, for some reason I really love grumpy looking girls XD

Thank you! I love grumpy characters too there's a certain cuteness in their pouty expressions 😄

6 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

@digiv1ce  Congratulations, and welcome! Louisa looks rad. SQLabs seems relatively slept on in vinyl and BJD discussion, despite the fact that their sculpts clearly sell. And it's a shame! While I haven't invested in any, they're one of my favorite resin anime doll artist teams. They look incredibly close to your art; it's like they were made for you. And they are going to rock that Peach Pai. Already their faceup looks spot-on. Whoever did it nailed the anime cell smoothness. Incredible. I hope your adventures in wig styling go well, because so far, they're a dead-ringer for their concept, and I know they're going to have so much presence when they're complete. They already do. I look forward to learning more about them and their story as you feel compelled to share.

Your words are so kind! thank you so much it warms my heart and i'm really glad that Louisa's doll counterpart is close to the original! My sleepless nights trying to find the perfect sculpt weren't in vain 😂

I agree, researching SQ-lab dolls in the community made me realise how scarce they are... yet the sculpts are amazing! Maybe because they're not vinyl? Or a bit more niche company? 

I'll be sure to share my wig adventures! I can already tell that it's gonna be hard to style but i'm motivated and gathered some wig tips from cosplayer friends.. I hope it'll work with doll wigs too!

DollBound
5 hours ago, digiv1ce said:

Thank you! I love grumpy characters too there's a certain cuteness in their pouty expressions 😄

The grumpy is why I love Destiny so much.. girl has all the grump 

• Like 1

GlassWisteria

Oh, her grumpy, pouty face is so cute! Congrats on your first doll! I'm sure you'll have a blast dressing her up and bringing your vision to life. And lord, good luck on styling her hair! That looks like a challenge to bring a 2D hair style to real life. 

• Like 1

Xiongmao

My latest semi-white arrived today. It's a gorgeous colour.

I'm glad I don't have a dog because my new arrival is really fragrant. Maybe her previous owner perfumed her outfit, or she was being stored in a perfume factory or something.

Louisa's head is great too - there's a bit of a Haruhi tsundere vibe about her.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

dolloramore
On 8/17/2023 at 6:46 AM, GlassWisteria said:

Oh, her grumpy, pouty face is so cute! Congrats on your first doll! I'm sure you'll have a blast dressing her up and bringing your vision to life. And lord, good luck on styling her hair! That looks like a challenge to bring a 2D hair style to real life. 

Thank you! it will be a challenge for sure, I'm already struggling just to find a wig with a close color to their hair 😅 I'm excited to try my hand at styling wigs tho!

On 8/17/2023 at 7:04 PM, Xiongmao said:

My latest semi-white arrived today. It's a gorgeous colour.

I'm glad I don't have a dog because my new arrival is really fragrant.

Congrats on your new arrival! Mine doesn't smell at all but my dog sniffed them for a while, I couldn't imagine if it smelled as strong as yours seem to be 😂

dolloramore

Small update!

I got the Wig, a Leeke World in Evecream color and dyed it in a color close to the one I use in their digital art! here's the result:

IMG_20230830_163221.jpg.ca9f92b33b4ed06b86c4b45283a85beb.jpg

Now I have to wait until i receive the supplies I'm lacking to style it 🙃

Edited by dolloramore
  • Like 8

PolitelyNefarious

It turned out beautifully, Dolloramore! Definitely compliments her pale skintone better than Eve Cream would have. You got it so even and light, it looks factory fresh. May your styling go just as well. They're looking more like theirself with every update.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

DollBound

I do love the color of her wig, then again I am partial to silvers and lighter shades of purple and lavenders.

• Like 1

dolloramore
6 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

It turned out beautifully, Dolloramore! Definitely compliments her pale skintone better than Eve Cream would have. You got it so even and light, it looks factory fresh. May your styling go just as well. They're looking more like theirself with every update.

Thank you so much! I was very scared to dye it but in the end it was easy and I got the result I wanted 😙

17 minutes ago, DollBound said:

I do love the color of her wig, then again I am partial to silvers and lighter shades of purple and lavenders.

Thank you! I'm weak to these tint of colors too... it's so pretty!

DollBound
1 minute ago, dolloramore said:

Thank you! I'm weak to these tint of colors too... it's so pretty!

They really are, her wig is very pretty.  All my girls have either a lavender or a silver wig. and 2 of them have some shade of purple for their eyes.

• Like 1

dolloramore

Another update! I took the plunge in styling their wig and after failing miserably I washed it all off and started again... it's FAR from perfect but for now it will be an okayish wig for them🙃

I need to find my sewing kit so I can sew in the white strand of hair... It's not where I left it help

IMG_20230904_181123.jpg.6e61907f899a3fb454c438f71a8081e4.jpg

IMG_20230904_181051.jpg.c6751a036ad1ad8271eebaf6404cae0f.jpg

• Like 6

MonochromaticNocturne

She's beautiful! And I think her wig styling is coming along nicely, I hope you've found that sewing kit!

• Like 1

Rajke

The wig looks good on her.

😃

• Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

dolloramore

Thanks everyone! 

I reworked a bit their wig and received their outfit here's some pictures 🥰

IMG_20230916_142251.jpg.33f2b3740c0abc37cc5c4f104782a8a3.jpgIMG_20230916_140911.jpg.187be9707777296735062ad15fe49e3e.jpg

Edited by dolloramore
  • Like 5

roro_robot

They look so beautiful! You did a lovely job with the wig <3

• Like 1

Scholar

That looks amazing on her! I like the way you styled the wig!

• Like 1