Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Arein

DD Hatsune Miku NT

Monty

I was happy to see this - it seems fitting for her 16th anniversary. I also really like the NT design and submitted it as an outfit collab suggestion during the anniversary polls - I definitely didn’t expect they had an entire doll in the works.

I would also like to see a new sculpt for the sake of variety, but I mainly hope her wig is that nice pastel teal colour instead of the darker teal DD Miku always has.

Something that I didn’t notice until a QRT pointed it out though… the new iXima art is slightly different to the regular Miku NT art. She’s missing the cute frilly inner sleeves, and there’s also a random pink splotch on her hair. The pink is likely effect, but the sleeves is odd. I really hope it doesn’t mean they are leaving the frilly sleeves off the DD, they’re not only cute but would work as stain prevention for the outer sleeve.

tweet with comparison:

https://twitter.com/kazusi0207/status/1697419383772164208?s=46&t=4p5nRrsi9Bdrs_0lk7Ex6w

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Dolly

I was hoping for a Luka reboot as my first Vocaloid DD, but I have a soft spot for Miku and this version appeals to me even more than the old one. I am so curious to see if she has a new sculpt!

I also hope that the inner frilly sleeves are included, partly because they're cute but also definitely for the stain protection factor. 😆

• Like 2

<3 At home: Smartdoll Dimension & Onward 

(*) Wishing for: Dollfie Dream

Roxanne

I was hoping for a Miku re-release but now seeing this one I feel a bit mixed. I really do love this frilly new outfit of hers, it's super cute! But having loved Miku for as long as I have I do admittedly have a soft spot for the original. If it turns out to be the same sculpt but with an updated outfit and wig I wouldn't be mad. I really love the Miku sculpt so that would be the most perfect outcome for me. But I understand most people would love to see something completely new, and who knows! The new one might end up really cute!

I do wonder if she is the outcome of the Re-release polls. I hope not as I was really hoping for an older, more rarer doll (as much as I would love Miku). I don't know if results of the polls usually are revealed this soon. I assume such things take time to plan and have a lot of work go into them, so I guess she was already planned. (I do not remember from previous years polls how long it took to see results.)

• Like 2

My instagram! 

Monty
On 9/1/2023 at 7:16 PM, Roxanne said:

I do wonder if she is the outcome of the Re-release polls. I hope not as I was really hoping for an older, more rarer doll (as much as I would love Miku). I don't know if results of the polls usually are revealed this soon. I assume such things take time to plan and have a lot of work go into them, so I guess she was already planned. (I do not remember from previous years polls how long it took to see results.)

Last time they did the polls the resulting dolls didn’t happen until the following year, plus were designated as such with the Best logo. They were also the exact same character but with a change (Ie OG Miku was ‘Reboot’ on the new frame, others were ‘-new outfit- version’, Arle was ‘2nd’ with more plushies. This is notably ‘Hatsune Miku NT’ and not ‘Hatsune Miku NT Version’ (at least it seems that was from the announcement). I do think Miku’s popularity and the people constantly asking for a rerelease contributed, though - but this was also probably planned a while back and the timing of the announcement (MagiMirai Tokyo today instead of in Osaka a few weeks back) is due to yesterday being her 16th anniversary which is an important milestone and is getting a lot announced for it. (it’s her ‘canon’ age).

(I also just don’t want to believe they’d seriously let Miku be the only character DD winner twice in a row, lol…)

Edited by Monty
The newer Arle is called ‘2nd’, not ver2.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Roxanne
3 minutes ago, Monty said:

Last time they did the polls the resulting dolls didn’t happen until the following year, plus were designated as such with the Best logo. They were also the exact same character but with a change (Ie OG Miku was ‘Reboot’ on the new frame, others were ‘-new outfit- version’, Arle was ‘version 2’ with more plushies. This is notably ‘Hatsune Miku NT’ and not ‘Hatsune Miku NT Version’ (at least it seems that was from the announcement). I do think Miku’s popularity and the people constantly asking for a rerelease contributed, though - but this was also probably planned a while back and the timing of the announcement (MagiMirai Tokyo today instead of in Osaka a few weeks back) is due to yesterday being her 16th anniversary which is an important milestone and is getting a lot announced for it. (it’s her ‘canon’ age).

(I also just don’t want to believe they’d seriously let Miku be the only character DD winner twice in a row, lol…)

Thanks for confirming, that's what I thought!

You're right in that it's probably to do with her own anniversary (coupled of course with the constant demand for more Miku, lol). And yes, we probably won't see results for the polls until next year. I just couldn't help but be a bit anxious seeing Miku pop up, knowing that many people did in fact vote for her and seeing Miku of all characters you just instantly get reminded of that very real chance, lol!

Looking at it from the positive side; with this announcement that hopefully means she won't be the polls result. Unless it's Sakura Miku or something. Which I could understand given that one's insane price tag on the secondary market.

My instagram! 

finnleo

for whatever peculiar reason, I am getting flashbacks of this:

53156897319_f7648305b3_w.jpg

but past frustrations aside, I was more hoping for a sakura reboot, because reasons.

but its a pass for me personally, since none of the redesigns have ever gone click (Kei just did it right the first time for the whole gang in my oppinnion).

But you never know... Volks might just someday do a tan Racing Miku Thailand edition of some vintage to properly mix things up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

mizya

I wonder if the "new technology" they mention is related to the "Dollfie Honey" Miku with a robotic frame that they showed in 2016

There's a thread about it here on the forums too. Perhaps they've managed to fine-tune the movements even further and now it's ready for an official release. Would be cool to see a doll that could dance and/or play instruments, although I personally wouldn't buy one as I'm fine with my dolls being static and posing them myself. :'D But it's a cool concept that I'd like to see happen. ^^

I'd say it's unlikely that the new Miku would have a new head sculpt, but then again - you never know. After all, Volks did recently release Moe and Natsuki with an entirely new head sculpt for the 20th anniversary. And as @Monty said, 16th anniversary for Miku feels like an important milestone. I still don't have Miku in my Vocaloid collection, so I'd be more than fine with the original Miku sculpt. The newest Volks DD sculpts haven't been as nice to me as some of their older ones, so I'd wager I'm safe from a new Miku. Which is especially good if this release ends up having the robotics frame and they don't sell a version with the regular frame, as it would most likely end up being rather expensive to buy the fullset for just the head... XD I plan for my future Miku to be Snow Miku 2017 version for the majority of the time, and I already have that outfit so I only really need a Miku head and a suitable wig. :'D

• Like 2

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

Monty
1 hour ago, mizya said:

I wonder if the "new technology" they mention is related to the "Dollfie Honey" Miku with a robotic frame that they showed in 2016

I thought the new technology was referring to Miku NT herself, not the doll being made of her. Miku NT (the NT stands for New Type) is the first release of Miku using Crypton’s own vocal synthesis engine Piapro Studio NT after they removed her and the others from the Vocaloid engine. (Long story short, Crypton didn’t like the limitations of creating for the vocaloid engine and Yamaha’s rules with it so created their own, which is why Miku/Rin/Len/Luka/Kaito/Meiko are all called ‘piapro characters’ and ‘virtual singers’ now instead of ‘vocaloid’. So compared to Yamaha’s vocaloid engine, NT was new technology, and she kind of represents the current generation as well as allegedly the most advanced Miku program. (Although there are many people who debate that and prefer the vocaloid versions of the programs). I thought that sentence was saying ‘A Dollfie Dream of Hatsune Miku NT - The new generation of Hatsune Miku with advanced technology.’ - ie as an explanation of what Hatsune Miku NT is.

I did see people assuming it meant a DD version of the new MDD body too but either way I don’t think it has anything to do with Dollfie Honey, which was only ever an exhibition piece.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2

roro_robot

When I first saw the announcement I thought it would just be a new outfit release for Miku NT but its a whole new doll? Very exciting and it will also be interesting to see if they make a new head sculpt for her or not. Either way it sounds like a good excuse to add a Miku to my collection <3

Xiongmao

Omg I'm soooo happy to see this. I originally wanted a Miku so it would be a dream come true.

Yesterday was Miku's 16th so I bought a newly released figure to celebrate 😚.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

marishade

I am so excited! This is the reason I have delayed getting the original Miku (or so I will now tell myself)! I have Snow and love her, getting NY would be excellent! I am a big fan of her face mold so I probably would prefer them to stick with it, but if it is a new one I think that would be fine too. I wonder how long it will take to get more details? I still have flash backs to 2B and 9S teasers coming out a year before they provided any other details. . .

Riesz

I really hope she's a new sculpt! Something about the old one never seemed like Miku to me, I think it was the narrow eyes.

• Like 2

Calyps0Kitt3n

I already have a Snow Miku (along Miku's standard DD outfit), so I could never justify to myself getting a DD Miku. Buuut... if they're making a new one lol. Lets just say my fingers crossed are for a pre-order.

A new sculpt for Miku would be really nice to see, but I also hope she gets an updated face-up. I don't want her to look completely different or anything, I would love to see a Miku with a little more color in her face. Something like you see on those 2023 Snow Miku dollfie promo photos, thats probably the prettiest official DD Miku face I've seen.

Mikuhime

I was expecting an outfit announcement, not a whole doll. I'm excited, I love the soft and frilly NT design 🥰 Would like to see a new sculpt, but I'd get her with the old sculpt too.

Now I just need to pray that it's preorder >-<

• Like 2

mizya
15 hours ago, Monty said:

I thought the new technology was referring to Miku NT herself, not the doll being made of her. Miku NT (the NT stands for New Type) is the first release of Miku using Crypton’s own vocal synthesis engine Piapro Studio NT after they removed her and the others from the Vocaloid engine. (Long story short, Crypton didn’t like the limitations of creating for the vocaloid engine and Yamaha’s rules with it so created their own, which is why Miku/Rin/Len/Luka/Kaito/Meiko are all called ‘piapro characters’ and ‘virtual singers’ now instead of ‘vocaloid’. So compared to Yamaha’s vocaloid engine, NT was new technology, and she kind of represents the current generation as well as allegedly the most advanced Miku program. (Although there are many people who debate that and prefer the vocaloid versions of the programs). I thought that sentence was saying ‘A Dollfie Dream of Hatsune Miku NT - The new generation of Hatsune Miku with advanced technology.’ - ie as an explanation of what Hatsune Miku NT is.

I did see people assuming it meant a DD version of the new MDD body too but either way I don’t think it has anything to do with Dollfie Honey, which was only ever an exhibition piece.

Oh okay, thanks for providing context for the "new technology". ^^ I haven't been following any Vocaloid news in a while now, just the cute art I come across on twitter. xD I feel like I'm too old to get used to NOT calling them Vocaloids though, lol. 🤣 "my Vocaloid dolls" is easier to say than "my Piapro character/virtual singer dolls" as well. I'm sorry, Crypton! :'D

Although, if the doll itself has no "technology" in it, then to me it feels kinda redundant to release a full doll, could have just done an outfit again. But maybe they do plan on sprucing up the head sculpt and make up at least, so it would warrant a new doll release. Otherwise it would feel kinda lackluster for Miku's 16th anniversary if it's just a new outfit (and new wig) but old head and make up. :C

My doll family: Umeko DDH-06 Megumi DDS Mariko Suiren DDdy Sheryl Nome Yuuri DDS Kagamine Rin Yuuya DDSb Kagamine Len ♥ Kanade DDdy Megurine Luka Miharu MDD Arle Nadja Rion DDb Kaito ♥ Enju MDD Marisa 
+ guardian to DD Y'shtola
My blogcarrd | instagram

Monty
28 minutes ago, mizya said:

Otherwise it would feel kinda lackluster for Miku's 16th anniversary if it's just a new outfit (and new wig) but old head and make up. :C

I think her faceup will definitely be different even if her head is the same. The original Miku DD is about 10 years old now, and the faceup does look pretty dated compared to newer DDs, including the other crytponloids (even Kaito has more blushing…) (I’m kinda surprised they didn’t freshen up Reboot, tbh, although she was intended to be the same as the OG, so…) Sakura and Snow, both different versions of Miku, both got different faceups too, so it follows that NT should too since she’s a whole new Miku.
Even though I rarely keep default DD eyes, I also think it would be nice if they got them to look like the iXima art posted, cos I like how they look.

edit: re the naming, technically it’s not wrong. Every DD except Meiko and Kaito got released in the ‘still vocaloids’ era, plus it’s not like the vocaloid versions of the programs ceased to exist after the change. They both are and aren’t vocaloids, although Miku NT specifically is not…I also find it easier to just say vocaloids or crytponloids though just so people know what I’m talking about lol.

Edited by Monty

marishade

What? They are no longer Vocaloids? At least NT isn't? This is news to me. Why? Guess I need to start googling.

Googling complete:

I guess I just missed Crypton's announcement that they are moving away from the Vocaloid engine. Granted, it did not matter until NT, right? This is the first non-Vocaloid release?

I have been rather out of the loop for Vocaloid VB products for a bit, but based on my reading it was probably a smart move.

Edited by marishade
  • Thanks 1

puxlavoix
On 8/31/2023 at 10:16 PM, archeotech said:

Wondering if it will be s pre-order project 

Wondering here too. Although from the official announcement machine translating it states "currently in production"

20230902_105311.jpg.97d969ffa579f7299683840623a63f8a.jpg which leads me to believe that they are going the lottery way, otherwise why would they be already manufacturing them?- But also it could mean entirely something different in Japanese.

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

finnleo
28 minutes ago, puxlavoix said:

"currently in production"

- But also it could mean entirely something different in Japanese.

There are stages of production, and id say they are in pre-production, that they have a piece of concept art, and now are working on making a mass-producable prototype to show later.

• Like 1

sunlightandtea

Wow, can't wait to see this doll. The eyes are going to be gorgeous, and the clear sleeves would be so cool!

• Like 1

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, puxlavoix said:

"currently in production"

Think it's usually about a year between the Magical Mirai tease and the actual release announcement. Generally Miku has never been all that rare, except for Sakura Miku. If they do what they have done in the past with Hatsune Miku, they will make a lot of her. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ragnamuffin
14 hours ago, puxlavoix said:

which leads me to believe that they are going the lottery way, otherwise why would they be already manufacturing them?- But also it could mean entirely something different in Japanese.

The word they used in Japanese (製作) means manufacture, but not mass-produce (which is 製造). Idk if they always use that word because Dollfies are released in limited numbers (i.e., not mass-produced), or if this indicates a pre-production stage where they’re making prototypes, but it does mean they’re past the planning stage.

• Like 2