Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Arein

DD Hatsune Miku NT

Monty
11 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

If she's treated like OG Miku, she'll probably get re-released repeatedly.

Technically OG Miku only had one true rerelease which was Miku Reboot, and she was a clickwar. All those other random sales would have been new old stock, not actual rereleases.

• Like 1

That_Dollfie_Dude
1 minute ago, Monty said:

Technically OG Miku only had one true rerelease which was Miku Reboot, and she was a clickwar. All those other random sales would have been new old stock, not actual rereleases.

For sure.  They're probably have plenty of her for future events and things, but we don't know.  Good luck to those trying in click war / lottery.  I'm not going to chance it.  Proxy has a much higher chance of getting her, even if I have to pay VOLKS USA equivalent price due to fees.  It's worth it.

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

For sure.  They're probably have plenty of her for future events and things, but we don't know.  Good luck to those trying in click war / lottery.  I'm not going to chance it.  Proxy has a much higher chance of getting her, even if I have to pay VOLKS USA equivalent price due to fees.  It's worth it.

Yeah, if you really want her, then pay the proxy fees. I did that with Yor, she ended up being obtainable online after Arcueid crashed the website and then sold out, but I don't regret going with a proxy in spite of that. I loved Spy x Family, and not getting Yor wasn't really an option. Got both Arcueid's & Yor's extra outfit at the same time. Was a dumbass and didn't have the proxy get Arcueid, and kicked myself as I paid for her on Yahoo! Japan. 

3 hours ago, Monty said:

Ok, true enough. I just think Miku is going to either have extra stock made, or they will make more whenever they need to print some money. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao

Aaargh too many new dolls.

I guess they'll make a lot of Mikus though. Yoru wasn't too hard to find on YJA, but her cozy outfit is really sought after. There are a few that pop up on YJA but when they appear on Mandarake they sell in hours.

I'm still thinking about Miku NT. Right now I just have Frieren in my sights, as I am blown away at how unbelievably good it is (and we have episode 10 to watch tonight which is MyAnimeList's highest rated episode so far).

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

kurimu

Looks like there will be a pre-order period for Volks USA from December 9th to 11th. I still haven't decided what to do! Too many cute dolls to choose from!

Edited by kurimu
  • Like 1

Sebby

She is a preorder! 

I am so happy about that. I went through the clickwar of Sakura Miku and that was not fun 🤣

and around my birthday so yay. Birthday present! * does a little happy dance*

Edit: I'm an idiot sandwich. This is USA ofc and I can't buy from there. Hopefully she'll be preorder for JP then too. Guessing she will be as USA says they will fullfill each preorder.

Screenshot_20231117_194606_Facebook.jpg.e82836c083c6db53b879e6cd2053ea09.jpg

Edited by Sebby
  • Like 3

Monty

Volks uploaded some videos showing putting on her wig, putting on the headphones and how to brush the wig.

Im glad the headphones come apart like that, because the idea of threading the twin tails in between them was awful to me lol. The wig seems pretty high maintenance though…even more than original Miku’s.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/piapro/special/advice_mikunt.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sns&utm_campaign=DD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Xiongmao
12 hours ago, Monty said:

Volks uploaded some videos showing putting on her wig, putting on the headphones and how to brush the wig.

Im glad the headphones come apart like that, because the idea of threading the twin tails in between them was awful to me lol. The wig seems pretty high maintenance though…even more than original Miku’s.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/piapro/special/advice_mikunt.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sns&utm_campaign=DD

I saw those videos. The Volks human seemed to sort out Miku's hair so effortlessly.

Will some Mikus start appearing next week after the Dolpa? Or will they all be released next Summer? I also have my eye on Frieren. I know they might be quite pricey if they both appear next week, but on the other hand JPY is overdue a surge in value against other currencies.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

BeyondTime
On 11/17/2023 at 10:49 AM, Sebby said:

Hopefully she'll be preorder for JP then too.

I believe the info on the Japan pages indicates no pre-order through the web store. She is pre-order at the Dolpa, so you either need to attend or get a proxy. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Heartplace

She's looking so good! I also have suspicions on how easy it'll be to maintain that hair, they make it look so simple! I'm relieved to see how the headset slips and clips on. I'm getting pumped for ordering her tomorrow!

RyuichiSakuma13

Sooooo...did anyone preorder her, or have plans to preorder Miku NT?  I'm guessing that those of you that are in the US know that she can be ordered through Volks USA.  But just in case:

Miku NT Volks USA preorder page

Are all preorders that short, or is it more for whatever reason Volks wants it to have a super-limited time period?

I think I'm going to live vicariously through whomever orders her.  I'm quite happy with my Miku, but that outfit and wig....@onion8@

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
Forgot the link
  • Like 1

Xiongmao
1 hour ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

I think I'm going to live vicariously through whomever orders her.  I'm quite happy with my Miku, but that outfit and wig....@onion8@

Ryu

Miku NT is coming here... and hopefully will arrive before Christmas 😁.

• Like 1

Heartplace

I snagged mine! Email came in at 4:59, my confirmation email arrived at 5:01 😁 The currency conversion is disappointing but I'd rather ensure my brand new Miku, besides I'm patient waiting for her to arrive in the summer!

I'm looking forwards to seeing your photos of yours when she arrives, Xiaongmao! 

• Like 2

marishade

I pre-ordered my NT yesterday morning. It will be nice to have a Snow and Hatsune Miku in the house. There are so many Snow outfits that it is hard having her in anything else (first world problems, lol).

Edited by marishade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mega Negi
On 12/10/2023 at 2:28 AM, Xiongmao said:

Miku NT is coming here... and hopefully will arrive before Christmas 😁.

Announced to be shipping summer of 2024, so in time for Christmas. (next year)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Heartplace

LOL noooooo! I wonder if they'll fix that in time for the American shipments in the summer or if they'll all say rarameter? I'm not upset if that's what arrives months from now, but it is both unfortunate and hilarious, HA! 😭🤣

• Haha 1

Xiongmao

Wow, not unboxed mine yet but I noticed she has the Japlish skirt. The writing is really tiny so not many people are going to notice it.

It reminds me of when I collected Babylon 5 videos and there were some hideous typos on the covers. They were from Warner Bros so they should have known better.

I wonder if fixed Miku or Japlish Miku will become more valuable.

I need to unbox Miku but I did notice her eyes are kind of weird. Not as bad as Kaito's but I don't know if other Mikus are like this.

Maybe I should have avoided the Miku hype and gone for two Frierens instead 😁.

Heartplace
22 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

I need to unbox Miku but I did notice her eyes are kind of weird. Not as bad as Kaito's but I don't know if other Mikus are like this.

Maybe I should have avoided the Miku hype and gone for two Frierens instead 😁.

What's weird about her eyes 😞 ?

Xiongmao
22 minutes ago, Heartplace said:

What's weird about her eyes 😞 ?

So I've now unboxed Miku and her right eye looks like it's not been glued in properly... she's definitely got a bit of a squint. I got a second opinion from an optician too.

Other that that she's a really fabulous DD. We had a handover party this afternoon. Kirika has relinquished her role of Miku stand-in and is now Kirika Towa Alma.

I might be able to correct her eyes but this Miku wig is an extremely tight fit and it's a hassle to put it on again.

I haven't dressed her as Miku NT because putting Kirika's outfit on was a fairly massive undertaking 🙄.

spacer.png

• Like 2

RyuichiSakuma13
13 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

So I've now unboxed Miku and her right eye looks like it's not been glued in properly... she's definitely got a bit of a squint. I got a second opinion from an optician too.

Other that that she's a really fabulous DD. We had a handover party this afternoon. Kirika has relinquished her role of Miku stand-in and is now Kirika Towa Alma.

I might be able to correct her eyes but this Miku wig is an extremely tight fit and it's a hassle to put it on again.

I got a Cotindoll twintail wig in Onion Green for my Miku after trying to deal with her original wig exactly once, back when I first got her.  I think I would rather find wig wefts and make a wig in the Miku NT color than to try and fit the NT wig on her head.

😲Did you get your Miku NT doll already?  How?  I thought they weren't due to be shipped until late 2024.  Or did I miss something?  @onion35@  That's quite possible.

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

Did you get your Miku NT doll already?  How?  I thought they weren't due to be shipped until late 2024.  Or did I miss something?

They were released in small quantities at Dolpa earlier this month and scalped on Yahoo Japan Auctions. @Xiongmao nabbed one from there (along with Frieren).

Monty

Volks are aware of the ‘error’ and released a statement, and clarified this is only for the Mikus from Dolpa.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/news/notice/20231220_01.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sns&utm_campaign=DD

Looks like you can get a replacement (if you’re the original purchaser anyway, which rules out those who fed the scalpers) and the preorder/after event ones will have corrected skirts.

Tbh I don’t think it’s that big a deal -  I would personally rather they concentrate more on wig QC (at least in Kaito and Len’s case) which is much more noticeable.

Edited by Monty

Xiongmao

Yeah I got my Miku NT and Frieren from the Dolpa resellers. I don't really have much of an alternative (also FOMO). I can't order from Volks USA and I hate clickwars - I can't even always get Volks orders to go through on a normal day. We have a UK DD store (where Towa came from) but they are really expensive for full dolls (Ciel is listed as £1000!!!).

I guess I could try contacting the scalper and see if they'd send me the replacement if I PayPal'd them the postage.

The actual lettering is very small and can't really be seen unless you have really really good eyesight. I haven't dressed Miku up in the outfit yet, not so much because of the outfit but because the wig is a stylist's worst nightmare 🥵.

If Miku NT was a banknote or coin or other collectible then the one with the defective skirt would be worth 10x more than the corrected ones 😂.

Does anyone have anything to say about her eyes? Were the previous Mikus like this? I think they might be but it's hard to tell from Google Image search photos. I realise mine is now exactly like the ones on display in Dollpoint.