Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Arein

DD Hatsune Miku NT

BeyondTime
58 minutes ago, 20blackbags said:

I hope she comes out before the Miku 2024 concert in the states. 

I believe she is being sold starting at the Dec 10 2023 Dolpa. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Mikuhime

If Miku is sold at dolpa that means clickwar/lottery right? Or is there a tiny chance left for her to have a preorder?

I was really hoping for her to release next year >-> My budget would be basically free from March onwards, so squeezing her in now is annoying - not that I have much hope winning a clickwar for a Miku anyway.

• Like 1

Monty
1 hour ago, Mikuhime said:

If Miku is sold at dolpa that means clickwar/lottery right?

Not necessarily. There have been times where the Dolpa release just let you get the doll early but the online version anyone could get. Luka was first sold at Dolpa and then had an online preorder for international, and Meiko had a preorder at Dolpa and online (the idea was meant to be preorders at Dolpa would ship months earlier as an attendance perk but alas she was so unpopular (at the time at least) that the online ones shipped months ahead of schedule and in the end the batches shipped only a week apart.) However, both Sakura Miku and Miku Reboot were clickwar releases, so it’s not certain.

I mentioned this is the Frieren thread but for those who didn’t see: Dolpa is significantly earlier than usual this year - the 10th of December as opposed to late enough for the after event to be in January (it usually always is). The after event is usually 2 weeks after Dolpa so unless Volks want to leave the entire end of year period free (which is a possibility because it’s very busy in Japan especially), this could be a Christmas weekend after event.

Although, as an aside, a lot of the ‘get early at Dolpa and PO online’ dolls have had the online PO literally the day after Dolpa too. 

But in the end we don’t know anything until November volks news.

Mikuhime
38 minutes ago, Monty said:

Not necessarily. There have been times where the Dolpa release just let you get the doll early but the online version anyone could get. Luka was first sold at Dolpa and then had an online preorder for international, and Meiko had a preorder at Dolpa and online (the idea was meant to be preorders at Dolpa would ship months earlier as an attendance perk but alas she was so unpopular (at the time at least) that the online ones shipped months ahead of schedule and in the end the batches shipped only a week apart.) However, both Sakura Miku and Miku Reboot were clickwar releases, so it’s not certain.

I mentioned this is the Frieren thread but for those who didn’t see: Dolpa is significantly earlier than usual this year - the 10th of December as opposed to late enough for the after event to be in January (it usually always is). The after event is usually 2 weeks after Dolpa so unless Volks want to leave the entire end of year period free (which is a possibility because it’s very busy in Japan especially), this could be a Christmas weekend after event.

Although, as an aside, a lot of the ‘get early at Dolpa and PO online’ dolls have had the online PO literally the day after Dolpa too. 

But in the end we don’t know anything until November volks news.

Thanks for the answer, I'll keep my eyes open for the November news then <: I can barely squeeze her into my budget, but Miku clickwar sounds ... oof.

teensybits

Dumb question maybe but where can I even find these blog posts? I am a GL member but I can't find anything, even logged in.

Monty
34 minutes ago, teensybits said:

Dumb question maybe but where can I even find these blog posts? I am a GL member but I can't find anything, even logged in.

Here is the actual link.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/ext/blog/231013_dolpa50.html

They make alerts on the official app when the blog posts go up, and then a few hours later make a twitter post about it. Since not everyone has the app and not everyone is on Twitter, I wish they would email this link to members when it goes up as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

teensybits
1 minute ago, Monty said:

Here is the actual link.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/ext/blog/231013_dolpa50.html

They make alerts on the official app when the blog posts go up, and then a few hours later make a twitter post about it. Since not everyone has the app and not everyone is on Twitter, I wish they would email this link to members when it goes up as well.

Thank you SO much, I was going insane with frustration!
I know I need to set up the app but haven't yet.

Monty
8 minutes ago, teensybits said:
I know I need to set up the app but haven't yet.

To tell the truth it has limited use for GL members outside of these notifications (under お知らせ with the speech bubble icon) especially as I don’t even think you can toggle the language on it, so I can understand a lot of GL members not having it. I like getting the notifications though, and if you do visit Japan it’s useful as it includes a virtual members card with barcode (the button in the lower right corner with the volks logo and 会員証) you can show at registers (before this you had to show the ‘my page’ of your account screen on the online store for your member number).

It’s not necessary to view the posts, it just lets you know earlier than anywhere else (although since the blog is the same server as the online store, everyone rushing to look crashes it the same way a clickwar does…so while I do think it’s a nice perk to have, especially with the limited perks GL does have, it definitely isn’t a perfect system)

marishade

I personally also get emails from Volks Int with links to GL posts. I have not been able to find them on my own just looking around otherwise.

• Like 1

Monty
1 hour ago, marishade said:

I personally also get emails from Volks Int with links to GL posts. I have not been able to find them on my own just looking around otherwise.

Oh that’s good, and reminded I’ve never gotten the same emails a lot of people seem to, not even in spam (I never got one for that survey a while back either either where most others did, for example) so I finally decided to look into why and dug around in my account page, and noticed in my details that there’s an option there to receive newsletters, which was toggled off. I vaguely remember receiving newsletters that didn’t actually tell me anything new in the past (that wasn’t already on Volks news or twitter), so that’s why it was probably set to off. I turned it back on - I assume that’s where the emails are from - just because I’m curious if the emails come at the same time as the app alerts. But I’m glad the option is there for people uninterested in following the twitter account, since I forgot the newsletter system existed at all.

• Like 2

Mega Negi
On 10/13/2023 at 9:52 AM, Xiongmao said:

The new outfit is... interesting.

I guess it will last a lot longer, but I was hoping for the classic Miku outfit.

I don't know if she has vinyl boots though.

I doubt Miku NT will have vinyl boots. The NT design has a smooth legged design that looks more like stockings that somehow meld seamlessly into shoes/boots so I am wondering how they are going to replicate that look.

• Like 1

Monty
On 10/17/2023 at 11:27 PM, Monty said:

Oh that’s good, and reminded I’ve never gotten the same emails a lot of people seem to, not even in spam (I never got one for that survey a while back either either where most others did, for example) so I finally decided to look into why and dug around in my account page, and noticed in my details that there’s an option there to receive newsletters, which was toggled off. I vaguely remember receiving newsletters that didn’t actually tell me anything new in the past (that wasn’t already on Volks news or twitter), so that’s why it was probably set to off. I turned it back on - I assume that’s where the emails are from - just because I’m curious if the emails come at the same time as the app alerts. But I’m glad the option is there for people uninterested in following the twitter account, since I forgot the newsletter system existed at all.

Just an update on this - there was another GL/VS only post today about the identity of the new SDs. I did receive a newsletter with a link to it, but it was sent out several hours after the twitter post about it went up (which was in turn a few hours after the app notified me of the post) I don’t know if that newsletter will always be on the same day as a members only post, but if it’s always like today, it happens after the twitter post, so I was able to satisfy my curiosity about which method is faster. (App notification is fastest, then twitter notification, then email newsletter). (I also heard people the app was regionlocked to Japan, which I didn’t realise because I’m used to jumping between AU/JP accounts (although mostly only for jp FGO reasons these days) so often forget which account I downloaded stuff on - so I wouldn’t worry too much about the app if it isn’t available to you anyway)

• Like 1

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Monty said:

Just an update on this - there was another GL/VS only post today about the identity of the new SDs.

The dress is lovely. I'm also curious about the "new modeling" they say they did.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo
On 10/17/2023 at 5:59 PM, Mega Negi said:

so I am wondering how they are going to replicate that look.

They sort of cheesed the gradient effect with a fabric inner and lace outer bell structure with the sleeves, the boots probably will be the same general thighhigh design as with Miku's so far and Emilia. the gradient in the illustration isnt as severe as the sleeves were so that might lead to using a gun-metal grey satin. or a color flip pleather.

RyuichiSakuma13
On 10/13/2023 at 4:46 PM, Monty said:

She’s pretty much exactly what I was hoping for in terms of a new faceup. I really like the teal highlights on the eyeliner. I’m glad she has the white inner sleeves after all since they were curiously missing from the new iXima pic they announced her with.

I don’t want to get her because I already have regular Miku, but it would be nice to get the outfit and wig although I’m not expecting either to be offered separate. (Also not sure if it’s the lighting or it really is a nicer lighter teal like I hoped, her nails too, but it looks nice). But I’m surprised she’s coming so soon because I expected her April at the very earliest.

Life took over for me for a while, so I had quite a bit of catching-up reading to do.  It was fun learning about "Vocaloids no longer being Vocaloids," and everyone's speculations on what the NT Miku will look like.  Since I'm not a Volks GL/VS/VIP member, is there a legal link where I can see the NT Miku? 

Honestly, I'm hoping for a new outfit and wig that will be sold separately.  I love my Miku, and the idea of "upgrading" my grail vinyl doll after wanting her for so many years just doesn't appeal to me.    

Ryu

Monty
11 hours ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

is there a legal link where I can see the NT Miku? 

The post should be public tomorrow, although I don’t know what time. Edit: I thought it was today at first, but today is the last day it’s locked.

Edited by Monty

RyuichiSakuma13

NGL, NT Miku is very cute, but more than anything, I want the outfit and wig and everything for my Miku!  @onion9@

Ryu

20blackbags

A nice side by side of classic Miku and NT Miku by @Infinaty_0417 on Twitter. 

IMG_0460.jpeg

• Like 4

Monty

She looks more ‘activated’ in my opinion lol. Here’s the site:
https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/piapro/product/dd_mikunt.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sns&utm_campaign=DD

No info on her web release yet, but the Dolpa release will have her available in a limited quantity and then a preorder when they run out, so hopefully that means a PO online as well like what Meiko got. Not sure when that info will be up though.

The new wig is interesting, and I really like the colour of it. Not a fan of how the skirt looks though, it seems to have some kind of pleather edging…?(I hope I’m wrong…?)

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

marishade

I am very happy with her look overall, her outfit looks well done.

My barely-a-complaint is that they seem to have gone out of their way to do the "faceup extended way-away from eyes thing" that is "in style" recently. Miku's is barely noticable thank goodness. . . It's just, "why"? Why is that a thing with every DD release right now? Either fit the paint to the shape of the eye or sculpt bigger eye holes. It looks so weird to me.

I still go back and forth on whether I like the more serious original Miku or this one, though I will say the NT definately feels more like the Miku portrayed in media.

Edited by marishade
  • Like 1

That_Dollfie_Dude

She will almost certainly be preorder, and available at Volks USA too.  Miku sells.  They'd just be shorting themselves to limit her to lottery.

BlueSerenity13
4 hours ago, 20blackbags said:

A nice side by side of classic Miku and NT Miku by @Infinaty_0417 on Twitter. 

Thank you for sharing the new images and site for NT Miku! She is very cute, and her expression is warmer than original Miku. It would be hard to choose between them though ❤

Thespian
5 hours ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

She will almost certainly be preorder, and available at Volks USA too.  Miku sells.  They'd just be shorting themselves to limit her to lottery.

You say that, but the original Rin/Len release was restricted to lottery only in spite of the fact that the twins were highly anticipated and a lot of people were gunning for a pre-order. We also can't get tan skin dolls or DDBs without using a D'Coord/Dream Choice proxy or getting lucky on a limited lottery/pre-order. Volks clearly has no issue with shorting themselves for reasons known only to them.

• Like 1

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine