Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

plasticyears

Dollfie Dream Frieren

archeotech

So caved and got her off YAJ in the end. The anime was just too good and we had to own her. Anyway she arrived at last. Did a quick wash of her tights cause this is Volks and they are full of dye. Should probably use a body stocking... Might need to break out some styling gel but wig looking mostly good. I should say they made the wig a little too big or head too small cause it will interfere with the ears if sitting fully on. Might play with it later but happy for now.

Anyway really happy with her, she looks beautiful!! 

IMG20240323034254.jpg

• Like 8

Xiongmao

So good to see the new Frierens.

I ordered the entire manga (or what's available so far). It could be a long time before the anime gets a second season, if at all. The manga is readily available although I really had to hunt around for no.4. Unless there's a reprint it will become a grail.

The anime was sensational with not a single duff episode. It's well deserving of its ground breaking 9.37 rating on MyAnimeList.

If anyone has withdrawl symptoms, Mushoku Tensei is kind of similar. And for the Übel admirers, her Japanese voice actress also voices Lena from 86 and one of the Bocchi main characters.

I put my Frieren in a bodysuit. But she'll probably always be dressed as Frieren. I'm hopeful of one day finding her an antique chest and a set of mana scales.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, archeotech said:

Anyway really happy with her, she looks beautiful!! 

She's adorable, and coming soon to Freiren wrist parts near you... Book Hands. XD

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Oculae

I was lucky enough to get the head+body only Frieren that was for sale here a while ago, and completely neglected to post her! I had eyes and a few outfits for her already lined up and ready to go, and found an excellent wig for her right after I bought her. :)

20240320_213858.jpg.ab0d60b3404b2ca206e26bd5d0e19deb.jpg

20240320_090508.jpg.12eb3765fb2d5e2f18c6a7aaeb89abbf.jpg

20240319_164312.jpg.1681db2d41cd1007b67a911aa37dd8d3.jpg

20240318_134330.jpg.7c59e6113f25ad5ea91a3abafa8ca1ac.jpg

I much prefer her with her hair down, so I'm alright with getting her without her default wig. Her outfits and staff are coming, though! I ended up finding them on FB, and with the outfits' cost included, she cost me about $1k in the end anyway. I don't mind, though. I had misgivings about her face originally, but now I think she's gorgeous. Well worth it! :)

• Like 9

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

roro_robot

Wow! She looks lovely with the hair down look <3

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Oculae said:

I don't mind, though. I had misgivings about her face originally, but now I think she's gorgeous. Well worth it!

They always look better in person, and you've done a great job styling her. Imo, she's worth the 1k, and it's really not much more that she would have been from Volks USA. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao

I have something else DD Frieren related arriving soon. Watch this space.

I've also just collected 8 volumes of the manga. Volume 4 is (hopefully) arriving from another source. I hope I secured it before it becomes a grail 😆.

The anime is (so far) a frame by frame reproduction of the manga. You can't really improve on perfection I guess.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

hospitalitydoll
On 3/23/2024 at 7:01 AM, archeotech said:

Did a quick wash of her tights cause this is Volks and they are full of dye. Should probably use a body stocking...

I'd love to know if there's been any staining yet for you? I've washed her tights 3x so far and no dye is leeching but I'm nervous to leave them on her still lol.

Xiongmao

Another custom Frieren. I only bought the head as I already had a MDD in semi-white that I acquired for a very good price last Autumn.

I'm getting Chobits vibes from her and I'm going to call her Freya.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Kiwi717

Omg this girl looks so much better in owner photos than the official ones!! Congrats to everyone that has her. I might need to pick one up in the future 🤔

• Like 1

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, Kiwi717 said:

Omg this girl looks so much better in owner photos than the official ones!!

This is almost always true, that’s why owner / store display photos are so important. 

• Like 5

ragnamuffin
5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

that’s why owner / store display photos are so important.

You mean dangerous 😵

• Haha 6

Xiongmao
On 4/8/2024 at 2:17 PM, Kiwi717 said:

Omg this girl looks so much better in owner photos than the official ones!! Congrats to everyone that has her. I might need to pick one up in the future 🤔

She is awesome and I really like that they included many of her outfits from the anime. They should have done the same with her wigs lol.

Honestly the manga beyond the anime is so freaking good that DD Frieren is likely to become a major grail in the future. This has been the first time in a very long time that I've been unable to put a book down.

• Like 2

Catfishy2u

I had a custom faceup done on my frieren and it really enhanced the sculpt. I now love my DDS version 

Oculae
1 hour ago, Catfishy2u said:

custom faceup

OH, was that FB post I saw this morning yours? (name and avatar removed for privacy just in case, lol)

Screenshot_20240418_065138_Firefox.jpg.511b6eb1fca2bc85d4bd28336ee40ba5.jpg

I screenshotted it because this Frieren BLEW ME AWAY, and I already really liked the default face!

• Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Catfishy2u
Just now, Oculae said:

OH, was that FB post I saw this morning yours? (name and avatar removed for privacy just in case, lol)

Screenshot_20240418_065138_Firefox.jpg.511b6eb1fca2bc85d4bd28336ee40ba5.jpg

I screenshotted it because this Frieren BLEW ME AWAY, and I already really liked the default face!

Yup she’s mine! I still can’t post photos on this forum as a new member. I don’t know how to raise my content posts to get to member lol

• Like 1

Oculae

You're already getting there, one reply at a time! 😆

I will say, if you have a personal site or even an Instagram or something you upload your photos to, you could always link it in the post! The image will be accessible then, just not immediately visible. But I'm always happy to click through for dolls, lol!

Catfishy2u
1 minute ago, Oculae said:

You're already getting there, one reply at a time! 😆

I will say, if you have a personal site or even an Instagram or something you upload your photos to, you could always link it in the post! The image will be accessible then, just not immediately visible. But I'm always happy to click through for dolls, lol!

Oh thanks! I wasn’t sure if this was allowed or not! My IG is the same as here 

https://www.instagram.com/catfishy2u?igsh=ejZ6Y3BvMTkzbjU1&utm_source=qr