Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

GothicSkies

DDH-27 Painting Test

GothicSkies

spacer.png

OH DEAR GOODNESS I FOUND OUT HOW TO POST IMAGES HERE YAYY!!

I tested myself by using my digital artist program (IbisPaintX) to give myself my first attempt at making a face up.

I did this by taking two image (One being from the official volks site and the other being from @F-15alice ) and then painted on a couple of layers 

I did give myself a couple rules to get it as close to painting an actual head as possible, No Liquify tool (Mostly), No symmetry tool, little to no opacity changes, and no transform tool to alter things.

I also tried to separate the eyes a lil bit from the holes for added realism of the thickness of the head.

Some things i'd change tho is trying not to use the ADD blending mode to the highlights, and doing better with the mouth cause i feel its too low on both.. but especially on the left.

Similar to my last topic. Any tips to doing face ups in general or getting good yet cheap supplies, or just supplies in general is greatly appreciated..

PS. The face was directly referenced from Haku1923's Xera doll, not only cause i love the doll, but 

Link to the doll.
Twitter: Haku1923's Xera Doll

Edited by GothicSkies
Adding tags and fixing the picture.