Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

GothicSkies

Just some questions.. ._.

GothicSkies

I have a couple questions in regards to dolls aaand.. drawing?? alright i'll get to it in a minute lol.

My first question is kind of simple..

If the doll you are getting has a name already.. is it ok to rename them? I figure you could.. cause it would be kinda odd to have a restriction on renaming your dolls lol.. buuut just asking for the lolz..

The second question.. is.. If the drawings are related to dolls in question.. is it ok to post them here?? Cause I occasionally draw dolls i like, especially the one im currently after, having sketched her several times..

Since im uncertain on if i can post said drawings here, i thought to ask.

THe final question i wanna ask is simple..

What sizes for body suits and wig caps are best for 1/6 Tinyfox dolls? I just wanna be sure.. ;w;

Oh and tiny updates on me.

Found out that the original site the doll im after is on is actually cheaper.. and that there is not exactly an extreme time limit.. if there is one.. its around 9 months.. aaand given this baby has been announced 4 weeks ago.. i think i got a bit of time..

Aaand i started my commissions!

Edited by GothicSkies
adding a question

Poofiemus
17 hours ago, GothicSkies said:

I have a couple questions in regards to dolls aaand.. drawing?? alright i'll get to it in a minute lol.

My first question is kind of simple..

If the doll you are getting has a name already.. is it ok to rename them? I figure you could.. cause it would be kinda odd to have a restriction on renaming your dolls lol.. buuut just asking for the lolz..

The second question.. is.. If the drawings are related to dolls in question.. is it ok to post them here?? Cause I occasionally draw dolls i like, especially the one im currently after, having sketched her several times..

Since im uncertain on if i can post said drawings here, i thought to ask.

THe final question i wanna ask is simple..

What sizes for body suits and wig caps are best for 1/6 Tinyfox dolls? I just wanna be sure.. ;w;

Oh and tiny updates on me.

Found out that the original site the doll im after is on is actually cheaper.. and that there is not exactly an extreme time limit.. if there is one.. its around 9 months.. aaand given this baby has been announced 4 weeks ago.. i think i got a bit of time..

Aaand i started my commissions!

Names: You can 100% name your doll whatever you want! You may want to remember the factory name just so you can tell people when they ask what she is, but your specific doll can absolutely have whatever name you want. For example, my own 1/6 Tinyfox Fox Fairy absolutely got renamed, because calling her "fox fairy" was. . .awkward lol. She goes by Koyo in this house. But you can also keep a name if you like it, like how my Azone Akemi Homura is still and always Akemi Homura. 

Not sure about drawing, main thing is where would those be posted. @baldylox Any suggestions?

Wigs and wig caps for the 1/6 Tinyfox would be 6-7 inch size. I got silicone caps that size from Ali Express, but Ali Express is a bit hit or miss for wigs. 

There's actually an official bodysuit for the 1/6 Tinyfox body: https://www.janesdolland.com/product-page/tiny-fox-yosd-bodysuit

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Monty

I think the Doll Character Concepts section of the Workshop subforum would be good for drawings! I typically see people use it more for project diaries, like drawing the concept of the custom they want to make first, but I don’t see why art of dolls in general couldn’t also go there.
https://www.dolldreaming.com/forum/8-doll-character-concepts/

If not, you could always just make a thread in the off topic board, since anything goes there. That way you could post art unrelated to dolls as well.

https://www.dolldreaming.com/forum/27-off-topic/

Edited by Monty

GothicSkies
8 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

Names: You can 100% name your doll whatever you want! You may want to remember the factory name just so you can tell people when they ask what she is, but your specific doll can absolutely have whatever name you want. For example, my own 1/6 Tinyfox Fox Fairy absolutely got renamed, because calling her "fox fairy" was. . .awkward lol. She goes by Koyo in this house. But you can also keep a name if you like it, like how my Azone Akemi Homura is still and always Akemi Homura. 

Not sure about drawing, main thing is where would those be posted. @baldylox Any suggestions?

Wigs and wig caps for the 1/6 Tinyfox would be 6-7 inch size. I got silicone caps that size from Ali Express, but Ali Express is a bit hit or miss for wigs. 

There's actually an official bodysuit for the 1/6 Tinyfox body: https://www.janesdolland.com/product-page/tiny-fox-yosd-bodysuit

I just wanted to be sure, as the doll that im getting i feel has too much of a masculine name.. despite the name being gender neutral, thus im renaming her derp.. plus fits a lil better with where her company is based on, China, thus chose a Chinese name thats also lightly based on another doll with the initial X, Aaand dont worry, i plan to also note the original name, as in her introduction she will probably refer to herself as her factory name first, before eventually stating her real name... inspired from another doll person on Twitter lol.

The main thing i was looking for was the wig caps, To make sure the wigs fit nice and snug on the head, and i have a little target for where i were to find a couple wigs.

Alright, but it does say i have to wait til July for it to ship.. which most likely both dolls i intend to get may come before then.. ;w; So i guess ima have to be careful with the second doll as she is probably gonna have a lot of black clothing.

7 hours ago, Monty said:

I think the Doll Character Concepts section of the Workshop subforum would be good for drawings! I typically see people use it more for project diaries, like drawing the concept of the custom they want to make first, but I don’t see why art of dolls in general couldn’t also go there.
https://www.dolldreaming.com/forum/8-doll-character-concepts/

If not, you could always just make a thread in the off topic board, since anything goes there. That way you could post art unrelated to dolls as well.

https://www.dolldreaming.com/forum/27-off-topic/

I will.. try my best with that. XD

With the sets i get, i kinda more so build upon the character im given, liking given more personality to her based on her look, and i can def see different personalities in each of the tinyfox dolls, one seems sleepy and shy, another seems more confident and mischievous.. Just up to me to build on it.

So the Character concepts could work.. besides i can also plan out my future dolls too.

AH! Thats actually great, Now i dont gotta fear posting art here! XD Thanks. 😛

Poofiemus
7 hours ago, GothicSkies said:

I just wanted to be sure, as the doll that im getting i feel has too much of a masculine name.. despite the name being gender neutral, thus im renaming her derp.. plus fits a lil better with where her company is based on, China, thus chose a Chinese name thats also lightly based on another doll with the initial X, Aaand dont worry, i plan to also note the original name, as in her introduction she will probably refer to herself as her factory name first, before eventually stating her real name... inspired from another doll person on Twitter lol.

The main thing i was looking for was the wig caps, To make sure the wigs fit nice and snug on the head, and i have a little target for where i were to find a couple wigs.

Alright, but it does say i have to wait til July for it to ship.. which most likely both dolls i intend to get may come before then.. ;w; So i guess ima have to be careful with the second doll as she is probably gonna have a lot of black clothing.

I will.. try my best with that. XD

Yeah sometimes the factory name sticks, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes you just gotta follow the vibes. . . and sometimes the  factory name isn't even a name lol. Like the DD option heads are just numbers! I'm not calling my DDH03 girl "Three", I'm calling her an actual name (in my case, "Agatha".) Your name concept sounds cute, I'm curious what the name is! 

Yes, the silicone wig caps are a huge help on both my 1/6 Tinyfox girls--their heads are hard and slick so wigs don't like to stay. I just got cheap 6-7 ones from Ali Express and that did the trick. I've since started using them on my larger dolls too, tbh, since it makes combing and styling easier. TF seem to be pretty consistent in the 6-7 size, but you can also get a 7-8 to layer on top in case your wig is overly stretchy. I had to do that for my 1/6 Imomodoll girl. 

Thankfully TF dolls are pretty solid, so they can handle going without a bodysuit pretty okay. You can still use zit cream to get stains out of them--just don't use magic eraser, that takes the soft touch coating off. 

Edited: forgot to pay my TF doll tax!

20231211_105623.jpg.01fbdba5759aca9c92a5766a6be6603f.jpg

My Fox Fairy, Koyo.

20231118_131800.jpg.1a2d86f33d7bb397c51a486a07b0d160.jpg

And Paimon!

Edited by Poofiemus
  • Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

GothicSkies
6 hours ago, Poofiemus said:

Yeah sometimes the factory name sticks, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes you just gotta follow the vibes. . . and sometimes the  factory name isn't even a name lol. Like the DD option heads are just numbers! I'm not calling my DDH03 girl "Three", I'm calling her an actual name (in my case, "Agatha".) Your name concept sounds cute, I'm curious what the name is! 

Yes, the silicone wig caps are a huge help on both my 1/6 Tinyfox girls--their heads are hard and slick so wigs don't like to stay. I just got cheap 6-7 ones from Ali Express and that did the trick. I've since started using them on my larger dolls too, tbh, since it makes combing and styling easier. TF seem to be pretty consistent in the 6-7 size, but you can also get a 7-8 to layer on top in case your wig is overly stretchy. I had to do that for my 1/6 Imomodoll girl. 

Thankfully TF dolls are pretty solid, so they can handle going without a bodysuit pretty okay. You can still use zit cream to get stains out of them--just don't use magic eraser, that takes the soft touch coating off. 

Edited: forgot to pay my TF doll tax!

20231211_105623.jpg.01fbdba5759aca9c92a5766a6be6603f.jpg

My Fox Fairy, Koyo.

20231118_131800.jpg.1a2d86f33d7bb397c51a486a07b0d160.jpg

And Paimon!

Aight i'll def hunt for some wig caps.

Soo my new list now is a Body suit, Wig Caps, and a stand. derp.

Oh, so there is something i can use to clean the gal if she happens to get stained. WOO