Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ateliervanilla

Additive mods using Gaianotes Colored Instant Adhesive

ateliervanilla

Sharing is giving, and I'd like to share a (quite) effective method of additive modifications to dollfie dream heads! It may possibly work for other vinyl doll heads but it needs more effort due to getting the right skintone color.

Sculpt used: Dollfie Dream DDH28 - Eyeholes Closed

Tools used:

• Gaianotes Colored Instant Adhesive in Flesh - can be bought here: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10772010
  • Cyanoacrylate Glue Activator Spray - this is necessary so that the glue will cure in seconds. CA glue is runny, and if you don't use this spray, it will take longer to cure and be uneven.
  • Mini dremel/rotary tool (you can use what Volks has or what you can find in Amazon)
  • Exacto knife
  • Sandpapers of different grit (I used 150, 180, 400, 800)
  • Polymer clay for 3D mouth parts

Process:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I only cut the eyeholes partially so that there's support underneath the additive mod.

spacer.png

Applied the colored adhesive on the eyelids and some underneath the right eye. I kinda screwed up cutting out the eyes on that side. Sprayed activator immediately after applying glue. It only took about 30 seconds for the glue to fully cure.

spacer.png

Sanded the glue using the rotary tool and sandpaper. Rinse repeat, until I got a more even finish.

spacer.png

Not the cleanest mod, I also screwed up with the mouth opening and used some more of the colored adhesive. But I would say that with more practice, this method of modification is easier to do than melting vinyl scraps. 

The only disadvantage to this method is that colored adhesive is not flexible, and can eventually crack if you accidentally drop or apply a lot of pressure.

The rightful owner of this cutie will be @battrastard ! He voluntarily accepted to adopt my mod experiment to salvage this head. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

battrastard

Oh, wow! 

She's turning out to be quite adorable!! 

Thank you so much! Can't wait to see her in person! 

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"