Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OrchidViper

Favorite resin BJD company or artist?

Mayuri
2 hours ago, Persiflage said:

You mentioned various problems with 3 part torsos, what are the most common ones? I assume the tension on larger dolls might make it more difficult for both parts to stay in a pose. Can sueding help in those cases? What was the fault with the Dollshe torso (I know about the company from the news on DoA which unfortunately I cannot register to) that made it pop out of its socket? That would help me guess from unboxings and such.

Sueding can definitely help, I think it also depends on how "top heavy" a doll is and how it's strung 

I'm not sure what caused the issue with the Dollshe belly pop exactly tbh, I think it might be because the joint is quite small, his upper body is big and heavy and there's not enough friction between the resin parts? I restrung mine with the help of a friend so it definitely wasn't the stringing, it still popped afterwards... So I went to suede it and it got better but only for a while, he still popped so I think the glue coat became less and less now... I'm honestly thinking of just gluing this joint together to keep him from his shenanigans 😒

My Fairyland Fairyline MSD also has a torso joint that's also quite unstable but the problem here might be that she's supposed to switch torso between human and fantasy so she just has a hook with the elastic attached at the torso, which might make it more fragile 

Because my Minifee and Littlefee are stable at the hip joint at least 

So in general I think stringing and how the parts look and interact with each other has a lot to do with how stable the hip joint is... I guess my Dollshe just made me wary of this extra joint (especially since with my dolls that do have it I see a really big improvement over the ones without, but that's just my personal feeling) 

I know I've seen lots of praise for the Gem of Doll bodies and the outfits are great. I've definitely been looking at them more often lately. There are so many (maybe too many) doll makers in the resin world and these threads always help with finding the good ones.

I own a Gem of doll Abner (1/6) and a friend owns two 1/4 (Coraline and Tauros I think?) and they pose very very nicely! 

I've posted my Abner here to show his posing:

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBfUdT

From what my friend has shown me her 1/4 only pose slightly worse 

Oh and another thing, in case you haven't guessed that I'm not a resin owner yet: can the chest section(s) actually twist sideways? I have seen plenty of back and forth bending, and a degree of bending to the side, but I don't think I've ever seen dolls with their chest turned to the side (not facing the same direction as the hips, if that explains it).

It should be possible theoretically since there's no jointing mechanism but just the strings holding the torso together but it would likely look off since you'd have the torso in a kinda "plus shaped" position? And if stringing is too tight it might not be possible at all

OrchidViper

@Mayuri oh that sucks. 😭 maybe I can find a head secondhand or something. 

Oh the smaller heads do look better on the Doll Leaves body. I have a Rika, and I tried her head on it once and it was huge. 😅 The color match with NS looks really good!

Mayuri
On 3/10/2024 at 2:30 AM, OrchidViper said:

@Mayuri oh that sucks. 😭 maybe I can find a head secondhand or something. 

Oh the smaller heads do look better on the Doll Leaves body. I have a Rika, and I tried her head on it once and it was huge. 😅 The color match with NS looks really good!

I don't have any bigger heads, the one shown is the Romance Elf Kiwi from one of the recent events (it was the KDF event head)... Since the Doll Leaves bodies are actually taken I'm displaying her on the Resinsoul body, if I'd have to say numbers I'd guess both DL and RS are an 90% resin match at least? If you look reeeaaally close you can see the difference but otherwise it's not noticeable imo

I feel like just getting an mdf51 head and trying to put it on a kdf45 or kdf and see how it looks 🤦‍♀️ But I'll need to find a head first