The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

leitan

VMF50 & Angel Philia Discussion Thread (nsfw, doll nudity)

Error-Chan

I have a question... If i bought two Vmf busts would they fit on my Obitsu 50cm bodys and look ok?

I would want a type G or D for Izzy and a type F for Error. If there is anyone that could show what the busts would look like on a Obitsu 50cm body i would appreciate it =)

1318456551_iconforum1.png.a269b0b1783180a9321ea1253e7030d0.png 660234961_iconforum2.png.59d2cd89863301d16c42e72437657af9.png

leitan

i'm afraid i can't help you there Error-chan, i don't own any Obitsu dolls, only VMF50 =/

my guess is that they would look OK but there might be skintone variances. that's just my guess though, perhaps someone who does know can come into this thread.

ditto goes for neurocidic, i've had no motive to try my heads on other bodies (and don't have Obitsu one right now anyway), the only alteration i have contemplated for my VMFs is getting a smaller bust for my Shiho, but i'm not set on that yet.

neurocidic

The VMF50 actually contain the same inner skeleton of the 50cm Obitsu. The vinyl bodies and are custom made for VMF by Obitsu/Parabox (I forget which). So there's no difference in skin tone. Right now I am just debating on seeing about purchasing a VMF50 bust for my floating VMF50 heads or possibly selling them. :/ I was so hoping they would look right on the bodies I have. Maybe I'll just have the heads on display, lol.

Janeway

I found a vmf50 type F on DOA and l would like some info on these please if anyone has this type can they tell me what they can wear etc.

leitan

Janeway - my Sayo VMF50 doll (Mana) on the previous page is [according to Yamato's website] a Type F body. i compared her to some pictures and her body looks almost identical to type F so it probably is.

i listed all the clothing she is wearing in that post so you can check it out. i can give you an educated guess on how to clothe her as i am buying some more clothes for my Sayo doll soon:

for tops/tanks/tees - regular (not slim) MSD size

for dresses and skirts - same as above, if you want them skintight around the hips you might want to look into 50cm clothing instead of MSD though

for pants or shorts - some MSD clothing will work, but look into 50cm Obitsu/Azone clothing, my girl is wearing 45cm pants custom made for *male* MSDs and they fit nice but they fit tight - in other words if you got MSD pants somewhere else or for shorter dolls they might not work....

when i buy her more pants i am going to get 50cm pants. whether for male or female depends on the brand/source probably, since the pants she has are OOAK they are not standard to anything except the maker's doll. i listed their shop though, and like i said their pants DO fit...

for socks and stockings - MSD and SD size usually fit, but remember that SD size will be longer on your doll due to her being 10cm shorter than the average SD.

for shoes - any shoes for minifee or unoa dolls fit both my VMF50 dolls. i buy most of my shoes from releaserain on ebay but there is a thread on DoA forums with an entire compendium of places to buy correct size shoes aside from marketplace itself.

oh and wigs - both my VMF50 girls take a 7~8 wig size.

here are some websites that sell 50cm clothing. Type F is very slim and most 50cm clothing is made to fit dolls Type F or similar. **i have not purchased from every one of these sites but i am considering doing so for the listed ones i haven't**

http://www.hlj.com/- i actually have purchased from this site multiple times, they sell VMF50 clothing but it is overpriced compared to other clothing. use the keyword search "50cm" in the correct category and then check the box to show only available items, as they almost never delete things that are permanently out of stock. you may want to keep it unchecked if you want to look at their backorders though.

http://www.parabox.jp/eng_new/ - never bought from Parabox but lots of people have, despite what they say anything for a 45cm and above SHOULD work, although with pants you almost definitely want 50cm like i said

http://www.amiami.com/ - i buy my anime figure pre-orders from AmiAmi and they are very reliable but i never purchased their doll clothing. use they keyword search "50cm doll" to find their clothing.

http://www.ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/ - i'm probably one of mandarake's most loyal customers, but mainly because i collect anime figures. i did buy two dollfie dreams from them before though! like HLJ they stock obitsu and vmf50 items; use the keyword オビツ to find obitsu clothing, and type vmf50 in english to find vmf50.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/doll/ - i never actually purchased from Hobby Search but i might now. look at the sidebar and you will see at least 3 categories for 50cm clothing. like HLJ and AmiAmi they do not delete out of stock items from the website and many items are so popular you have to reserve them or pre-order them but they have a bigger selection of 50cm clothes than HLJ does.

http://www.dollmore.net/ - in general all Dollmore clothes are made for "slimmer but not *slim*" SD/MSD type dolls unless it's their Model doll line (because of their large boobs... Model line might actually fit VMF50 Shiho though).

i have an order i'm waiting for with them right now (not the first time i purchased from them, just the first purchase for my VMF50). they actually list the measurements of 90% of their clothing so it's easy to check if they fit an F Type body.

on page 1 of this thread kymaera posted showing his VMF50 doll wearing 3 Dollmore MSD outfits and they fit perfectly on her. his doll has similar measurements to Sayo/F-Type.

http://www.dollheart.com/- cannot confirm this since i never purchased from them but i have evidence/been told that both their clothes AND shoes are very good fit for VMF50 F-type and similar.

obviously etsy has a lot of stuff. the two stores you can see my Sayo doll wearing fashion from on the previous page are -

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TNTdollclothing- i own pants & shirts/tops from this store in their MSD size and they all fit her.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/beachgirlnikita- one of my favorite US doll clothing makers, i buy clothes from her for all my dolls a lot (and her fur wigs too). she has affordable prices compared to Japanese sites and her MSD stuff fits very well. she also has an ebay store under the same name if you prefer to use ebay.

http://stores.ebay.com/releaserain - go to their "MSD Unoa" section for shoes that fit. i do not know if their MSD clothing fits or not. i love their shoes though, i have only had 1 pair out of about 8 pairs i bought not fit (they were slightly too big). all others were perfect fit.

hope that helps. if you have access to a proxy, there is also obviously a treasure trove of stuff on Yahoo!Japan.

Janeway

leitan thank you very much for the info. I have some azone 50cm clothes already. As for the head l'm going to be using a volks#7 head (l'm on a pre-order list for one) also if l think of any more question l well ask etc.

kymaera

I used Hobby Search a lot in the past when I was collecting figures (back before I switched my addiction to DDs). They're very reliable.

On the Dollmore side, you want to find things that mention being stretchy or baggy. MSD sized clothes won't fit them well in general.

Janeway

leitan l have some more question for ya. Have you tyed the azone 60cm line clothing on your girl and have you tyed the azone 50cm shoes as well?

leitan

no, i actually i don't own any Azone shoes but if they are for 50cm dolls they are almost certain to fit i'd guess... i would be surprised if they don't, since Azone 50 dolls mostly use Obitsu bodies afaik~ i am probably going to try buying a pair of Azone50 shoes for my Sayo doll if i can't find a good pair for her from releaserain.

Parabox used to have a size chart on their website but they just redesigned the website and many pages including that one seem to be missing.

60cm would probably fit depending on what kind of clothing it is. it might be too loose, long or baggy, but you'd have to use some personal judgement because depending on the style of clothing it could work... after all one of my VMF50 dolls sometimes wears clothing for Dollfie Dreams (58~60cm to her 50cm), but that's my Shiho doll, who is much curvier than a Type F body and so my guess is that 60cm clothing might be no good for a Type F even if it works on other VMF50 like Shiho.

Janeway

leitan ok thanks and l bought a pair of sandles and a pair of boots both are azone 50cm. when l get my girl and the shoes l'll late you know if they fit etc.

leitan

that would be nice, but if they don't fit it would only be because they are too big (which i really doubt & could be fixed with stuffing the toes for the boots at least). i just tried my Dale Rae flats on my Sayo doll and they fit her - those shoes are normally recommended for Soom Rosettes, Minifee and Unoa which are MSD size dolls with tiny feet.

i also did some more wardrobe testing. kymaera made a very good point so i'd like to recant some of what i said about MSD clothing - if the waist is not elasticated enough, it won't fit due to how wide the hips of VMF50 dolls are no matter what their waist measurement is. for example i tried to get 2 MSD skirts on Sayo that when held up to her waist looked perfect - but their waistband could not go over her thighs (the widest part of her) to fit her waist.

meanwhile, i then took a skirt for unoa/minifee dolls that has a very very elasticated waistband and it fit like a dream on her, even though i would never imagine she could fit clothing for those kinds of dolls. i will update this post w/ one or two pics for reference in a bit.

also, with long-sleeve tops for MSD, try to get as close to 50cm as possible or the sleeves will be a little too short. tank tops and camisoles seem to work fine though even if they're below 50cm (like she is wearing that MSD pink/white tank top on the previous page).

edit, 3 photos... might take more later as i have more clothes to test on her. nevermind the first one, it's just my attempt to stop her nips from damaging clothing with thin, tight fabric (which happened with my Shiho doll... baggy/loose clothes or those with thick fabric are OK but otherwise i pad their chest with a bandage bra for now).

7938666478_d6ccdcd3b8_c.jpg

w1 by ___rei, on Flickr

7938665878_b22f3624df_c.jpg

w2 by ___rei, on Flickr

^ violetheavensky msd shirt. she deliberately sews these shirts to be baggy, but i like the way it looks on her. it isn't representative of most msd shirts since violet uses this 'baggy' pattern for all her shirts (i know because i own like 5)

7938665572_7f9f83c70f_c.jpg

w3 by ___rei, on Flickr

^ the unoa skirt with the very elasticated waistband. from dorkurz on etsy.

v below here she is semi-naked.... note how *wide* her thighs are compared to her slim waist/hips..her thighs are actually her widest part i think. that is why i couldn't get the non stretchy/elasticated clothing on her.

iukqo.jpg

Edited by Guest

Janeway

leitan thanks and l like the pink shirt and yes her hips do look big lol. I'm also going to try the DD coolcat body suit on my girl that l have as well.

leitan

http://www.etsy.com/shop/violetheavensky

^ this is the girl who makes that pink shirt on etsy... her stuff is usually comparatively cheap (like the shirts for MSD are about $12 each) and they all have that baggy look to them, if you like the style. also the MSD stockings she makes work on my dolls, pic below. the 'bumps' in the pic are the actual shape of her leg because of her giant kneecaps, not a defect in the fabric... obitsu legs are weird:

GBpUD.jpg

also, you're welcome. i'm just trying to provide information for everyone interested in these dolls as well as discover new advice about them for myself, since even now i still discover unexpected things do/do not fit depending on the body type etc.

Janeway

leitan That's the fun part of this hobby is helping people etc. I heard from a person that this type of body is on sale.

leitan l'v order 2 of her shirts for Hazuki.

leitan

cool, i really hope that they fit the way you want them to, as i said in my post they have this deliberately "baggy" cut but the way my doll looks in them should be an accurate representation of how it looks.

i hope everything goes well and that they fit your doll ^^

also, fwiw, i got the credit for the person who made the skirt wrong (i now edited it to be correct. confusion was i ordered 2 blue miniskirts for my MNF girls and they were from different sellers). it's actually made by dorkurz on etsy - she mostly makes MNF clothing but if you want any skirts you can ask her to give them that stretchy waistband and they will fit like the blue one does on my girl.

wotafarce

For those looking for some vmf 50 clothes there is now a guy on ebay who seems to be selling stuff made by TCDoll, these clothes are not normally sold outside japan and require a proxy, however he has quite a few outfits listed

link is for one of them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271047445318?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

the good thing is each outfit lists what body type they are suitable for.

kymaera

I picked up a couple of the TCDoll outfits when I was in Japan earlier this year.

loo2_44.jpg

loo2_41.jpg

loo2_40.jpg

They are pretty nice, but the quality is spotty. I got a DD sized one via YJ a couple years ago and it's been great. Scripple had bought a DD outfit and he said that it fell apart quickly. On these two, one is fine, but the other has a seam that was open when I got it. Should be easily repaired but doesn't speak well of their quality control.

eldritchhumanoid
I have a question... If i bought two Vmf busts would they fit on my Obitsu 50cm bodys and look ok?

I would want a type G or D for Izzy and a type F for Error. If there is anyone that could show what the busts would look like on a Obitsu 50cm body i would appreciate it =)

K2 actually uses a VMF50 B/standard Obitsu hybrid for one of his characters. The picture is on this page fourth from the last down: http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55&start=10

Initially, I was kind of turned off by how sexual-ized they were, but once I got past that, I realized the face sculpts were really cute. Oh, Leitan, why did you have to go and make me fall for your girls? Shiho is so adorable!

baldylox

I love seeing Rinrin in those white outfits! Especially the second one.... she's just so damn cool in them!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

leitan

Initially, I was kind of turned off by how sexual-ized they were, but once I got past that, I realized the face sculpts were really cute. Oh, Leitan, why did you have to go and make me fall for your girls? Shiho is so adorable!

me too... i mean, i actually take 'sexy' pictures from time to time of my adult-looking dolls (like my Shiho doll, i have a lot of lingerie pictures of her as seen earlier in the thread, so i won't go "oh i hate sexualizing dolls" point blank because that would be hypocritical)... but the blatant in-your-faceness of it was a bit of a turnoff for me. i find that a bit tasteless i suppose?

to each their own though - there are people who like VMF50s for their super-sexy style and those people are their [Yamato's] main niche, so that's fine with me... it's just that a lot of people overlook these dolls as a result of that stigma (like you said you did).

it was koba_2011 on flickr who made me notice how nice the dolls can be because he often downplays the sexiness as well and takes pictures focusing on fashion or face. like me some of his pictures *are* sexy but in a less blatant way than Yamato markets the dolls, i think...

7809248236_dccfb0308a_c.jpg

vmf50 SAYO by koba-2011, on Flickr

7053635491_2459c1859b_c.jpg

vmf50 SHIHO by koba-2011, on Flickr

6904960030_5a10b22bf3_c.jpg

vmf50 NAO short hair ver. by koba-2011, on Flickr

with a combination of his pictures + kymaera's pictures, it makes me reconsider the possibility of getting Nao sometime (although now i finally have Sayo, i'm happy enough that i don't need to go out and buy another vmf50 right away or anything, i just think she looks nice enough to put on my "wishlist")

eldritchhumanoid

me too... i mean, i actually take 'sexy' pictures from time to time of my adult-looking dolls (like my Shiho doll, i have a lot of lingerie pictures of her as seen earlier in the thread, so i won't go "oh i hate sexualizing dolls" point blank because that would be hypocritical)... but the blatant in-your-faceness of it was a bit of a turnoff for me. i find that a bit tasteless i suppose?

to each their own though - there are people who like VMF50s for their super-sexy style and those people are their [Yamato's] main niche, so that's fine with me... it's just that a lot of people overlook these dolls as a result of that stigma (like you said you did).

It's more of a phobia of blatantly erotic imagery, rather than anything else. I can handle it in a humorous or cartoon-ish fashion (or in "small doses" or less blatant fashions), just when it starts getting realistic, I get a little creeped out. I don't mind people who like sexual dolls and don't mind a little sexiness here and there (in fact, I know a little sexiness goes a long way in being marketable). So, I'm really not that prudish. It's just kind of complicated.

it was koba_2011 on flickr who made me notice how nice the dolls can be because he often downplays the sexiness as well and takes pictures focusing on fashion or face. like me some of his pictures *are* sexy but in a less blatant way than Yamato markets the dolls, i think...

with a combination of his pictures + kymaera's pictures, it makes me reconsider the possibility of getting Nao sometime (although now i finally have Sayo, i'm happy enough that i don't need to go out and buy another vmf50 right away or anything, i just think she looks nice enough to put on my "wishlist")

Wow! They're pretty versatile! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Sayo.

I had been looking at non-promotional images of a certain girl to prove to myself it was all just marketing, and she doesn't look nearly as good in real life. . . and then, I got proven wrong, by Koba. I wanted to discourage myself from liking her because she was discontinued (and would probably be expensive on the second-hand market).

leitan

well, everybody is different.... and i also think humor is one way of dealing with "too much" erotica, that's one reason i am always making fun of Shiho's breasts (although to be fair, they are a pain in the ass.... or chest? lol). everyone has their boundaries and personal tastes and that's fine, i wouldn't ever say people who like sexualizing dolls are bad people either, since it really doesn't harm anyone in my eyes.... but you won't see me buying any BDSM gear for my dolls anytime soon, unless it was to make some kind of (ball?)gag comic or photo.

ugh, too much wordplay. i've been in a creative rut this week but hopefully when the veil lifts i'll have more pics of both of my girls to share.

which VMF50 are you referring to when you're asking about the out of production one? the only ones i can think of that i really like but are in the higher end of DD pricing are ones like Miu and Kan'u etc, otherwise i don't think their price rises too much usually, or at least not rapidly. i could be wrong though.

eldritchhumanoid

I really liked Eri. I just haven't had much luck finding her. I know from the base price of most of these girls, I'd have to save up for a while before purchasing her (at least three months, but probably longer, knowing my spending habits).

wotafarce

It was some of Koba's photos that made me seriously think about a vmf 50, prior to that I had only seen one or two pics online.

if you would like to see some vmf girls in what can only be described as really NSFW poses, head on over to tentacle armada, though it has to be said I would really like one of the tentacle stands he uses.

I have noticed that mandarake has some vmf girls for sale just now at what seem to me to be reasonable prices, however having preordered an azone girl i am currently out of funds.

leitan

hey guys, i rewrote the OP of this post to try and be accurately informative to any new readers or existing ones. if you have any feedback feel free to give it.

i also received my Dollmore order of clothing. i didn't order everything with my VMF50 girls in mind but i will post what clothes i have, link and show what fits and what doesn't when possible! (i might take them tonight if i continue to feel motivated...)

@ eldritchhumanoid - if i see an Eri up, i'll send the link your way. i do understand the financial issue though, it can be a bitch to pay $600+ for a doll upfront and i know it.

@ wotafarce - offtopic, but iirc we both have the same doll on order which is (one of many reasons) why i'm putting off any further VMF50 purchases despite my increased liking for Nao! i've seen tentaclearmada's review of one of the older dolls before but i had no idea he had a "tentacle stand"... i'm totally going to check that out!

Mandarake almost always has VMF50 girls in stock although more commonly they stock the older girls with painted eyes rather than the newer more popular ones. sometimes the newer or rare ones DO pop up though so i highly recommend stalking Mandarake if you want one.