The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

leitan

VMF50 & Angel Philia Discussion Thread (nsfw, doll nudity)

neurocidic

I thought this might be a good place to ask.. Does anyone know what the marketplace is like for VMF50 heads? Asking prices? I have a few VMF50 heads that I was going to use, but just went in a different direction.. So I thought I might sell them, but I'm not sure what to ask for them.

Midori_Keiko

wow I have seen or heard of these girls before. They have such pretty faces i shall keeping on ey this thread to see peoples pics

Home~ Yuki (DD Yukino )

Wishing for: Akira, Mio, Kanu, Saber

Saba

Kymaera Rinrin looks very mischievous in her secret lab...what is she cooking up?

I just visited HLJ and found they had the doll in stock I have been considering for a while- Kana! Hopefully I will be able to share her with the forum soon^^ Oh, and hi Midori_Keiko *waves above* I met you at the Melbourne Doll market!

mewcat

Ugh yeah I just recently decided to sell my one tan vmf 50 and am having a difficult time doing so, even though I have a very decent price anywhere else people could reccomend me trying to sell her?

I have her on facebook,flickr, a vmf 50 group in flickr

leitan

Mewcat, which VMF50 are you selling?

VMF50 sales threads are permitted on DoA. if you don't have an account there, i can send you an invite. .

Edited by Guest

leitan

doublepost/bumping with very important update: please read the OP if you are interested in important news regarding Yamato and VMF50 dolls.

tangentially related, this new development has made me decide i would like to buy Eri and Nao (possibly even Miu, but i am on the fence regarding her since she is basically impossible to find), so if anyone sees them up for auction or sale and wants to tip me off about them i would be endlessly grateful to you (i'm checking myself, but sometimes i miss things).

Mewcat sent me a PM but she is not selling the dolls i am looking for, thank you though Mewcat!

gothikgrrl

Thanks for this thread! I wish they would either make a bigger line, or if the other companies would pick up some of these face styles. I just can't bring myself to add another sized doll to my already expansive collection. I can also see they'd be harder to find things that fit on. Maybe when they restructure the company I should bombard them with e-mails for a 58cm doll LOL.

Kumi

vmf50 on Azone? Where?

Because Azone for years is already using the Obitsu 50 body (original or made for them by Obitsu), which was the base for vmf50 too.

Kumi

To me it looks like another brand using Obitsu bodies, not quite "vmf50". Because all this is labeled ANGEL PHILIA, where vmf50 line is probably made exclusively for Yamato.

But of course all these bodies share most parts with Obitsu 50.

Cauldroness

I think jadepixel might be right, actually. The head looks like a repainted #10 Sayo from the vmf50 line, and those thick thighs are one of the distinctive features of the vmf50 bodies -- the standard Obitsu thighs, as used by Azone for their 50cm girls, are much slimmer.

ETA: I'm totally convinced it's a Yamato body. I see the word "Type - C1" which is the Yamato body that they used on #11 Mako and #12 Kana. I've never seen Obitsu or Azone use a lettering system to distinguish body types.

ETA2: Confirmed! http://www.macrossworld.com/4283/farewell-yamato-hello-arcadia-of-my-youth/ "Yamato Co. Ltd has changed to an entirely new company and will now be known as ARCADIA Co., Ltd." Arcadia is Yamato, and so it's definitely a Yamato body!

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Cauldroness

Ahhh, I didn't even see that.

It looks like these girls might have more detailed face-ups than the previous ones, which makes me really hopeful. I always liked the vmf50 girls, but I really disliked most of their face-ups. Maya looks pretty enchanting.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

leitan

the zippy sweater or the actual girl modeling it? because the doll is a VMF50 Mako~ (true joke: you can tell that Arcadia is the same company as Yamato because they are charging 4,000 JPY for a dolly hoodie)

& yeah, anyone who missed it on the previous page and is wondering why all the Angel Philia dolls look like Sayo's twin sisters, please just go read the OP again, i have updated it with ~breaking news~

it's really obvious that at least some of the same sculptors are with Angel Philia now if not all of them. plus the Angel Philia bodies are virtually identical to VMF50 bodies, as was mentioned they have distinctive thighs for example and use the numbered body type system like the C1 body was cited. even the modeling photos of the AP girls are done in the same style as VMF50 character girls are shown in official shots.

Azone already have their own Azone 50 line of dolls so they would only sell VMF50 or Angel Philia, they aren't going to manufacture them. i clicked the link on Azone's site and it just sent me to AP's site for now. Azone 50, VMF50 and Angel Philia all use the Obitsu body as a prototype anyway.

Kumi

I'm afraid that neither Azone nor Yamato/Arcadia are not manufacturing "their" bodies, because they don't have the production line for it.

All of this is made by Obitsu by request/commission (like as an OEM), they're just customizing the dolls later with clothes etc.

leitan

& since i can't sleep, going to post some pictures. none of these are mine; just what i found via image search...

Mona & Liza, flagship girls #1 and #2, pictures taken from http://akibahobby.net/2013/03/arcadia_ap_mona_liza_sample.html

c7e2Ew8.jpg

XkDJ05i.jpg

mV4Goqq.jpg

a LOT more detail images at the source.

i know her expression is supposed to be sexy and orgasmic but... to me Liza just looks kind of like she is having a stroke... or she was recently lobotomized... or maybe she just has to pee really badly?

the worst part is i kind of like it, but then more and more i'm becoming interested in dolls who have weird or unusual facial expressions, so go figure.

Mona definitely looks like Sayo's sister, i think there might be a subtle difference in the sculpt & the face-up is different but the resemblance is undeniable.

AP also has girl #3, Maya; her look is more demure and slightly different to sculpts i've seen before.

pWRikki.jpg

OdNavHf.jpg

27Fija4.jpg

ARCADIA also posted some interesting pictures from recent exhibits during 2013 of their dolls on the Angel Philia website - but you'll notice some of the VMF50 girls are in the pictures too...uhm. for example:

QdcJ0W1.png

another doll in one of the ARCADIA exhibition pics is not marketed as being part of the AP line on the website (and was never part of the VMF50 line either iirc) but i see her for sale on Yahoo Japan quite a lot right now, often with the key word "Pink Drops" and "RealArtProject" associated with her:

s0Q7Igv.jpg

mSPIxT0.jpg

her face is again some kind of hybrid between Sayo's sculpt and Liza's O-face, complete with trademark nips that will poke your eyes out and cut glass.

anyway, i'm really curious to see what sculpts AP comes out with next... and i really hope they succeed and that the transition from VMF50 to AP is a positive one in the end.

neurocidic

I want the red sports jacket/workout jacket - whatever you want to call it. I just can't justify 4,000 + shipping yen though .. As well as proxy fees and everything else. :/ I'll try to find something similar elsewhere (I'm trying to back away from the hobby, lol).

Maya's face is really interesting though. Very western/Japanese IMO. Different and I like it.

baldylox

Interesting news for sure on all the company name changes and such. But the girls are still looking pretty good, especially this one:

27Fija4.jpg

That face is way nicer than most of the VMF girls look to me. She would be perfect if she had a larger chest, like this one:

mSPIxT0.jpg

Can you still mix and match the busts, bodies and heads or no? One of these days I'd like to add one of these girls to my family but I'm specifically wanting one to be a total sexy girl. So she would need to be busty, curvy and have a very pretty face, maybe even anime like if at all possible. As I said earlier, that first girls face looks really nice to me so having that head on a curvier body with bigger breasts would be what I'm after.

As for this:

QdcJ0W1.png

Ummm, what? I find that totally hilarious but also completely weird. Breast positioning on that poor girl is just..... wow. This makes me wonder tho, are her breasts movable/positionable? Now THAT would be a cool action feature! LOL

And I agree with this too:

Unoa bjd they call it the 'yawn' face but aren't fooling anybody

EXACTLY! But the VMF line has always known their target audience and caters to them VERY well.

Thanks for sharing all the new info and photos Leitan! I'm sure everyone appreciates the work you put into it, I know I do.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

neurocidic

Hmmm... Maybe, in regards to the breast position .. Uh... it's for different adult poses possibly? So certain scenes would look more interesting/realistic..

Just thinking out loud.

leitan

Thanks for sharing all the new info and photos Leitan! I'm sure everyone appreciates the work you put into it, I know I do.

yeah, the stress of uploading pictures of scantily clad Japanese dolls with perky boobs and permanent sexface is just so much work-- hold on, lower my fainting couch while i grab my inhaler and an emergency oppai ball, i feel the vapors overwhelming me again...!

... but i digress... onion16.gif

Hmmm... Maybe, in regards to the breast position .. Uh... it's for different adult poses possibly? So certain scenes would look more interesting/realistic..

Just thinking out loud.

in regards to that specific picture, i have a feeling that was just the VMF/AP sculptors being mischievous (read: trolling) because the head on that doll looks like Mako to me and i'm pretty sure that functionality would have been a bit more widely advertised if it actually existed (although i guess you couldn't rule out that it's an "option part" they replaced her original chest with)... i can tell you my Shiho has big squishy boobs but they don't move at all (i kind of wish they did because they make some poses look really awkward in that "anime-defying-laws-of-physics way)

i noticed that all the new girls except for the Pink Drops girl and Maya have flat chests. i also have a VMF Kana as well as my Sayo now who both have the flat chests as well, and there's literally nothing to move. Kana has a 17cm bust compared to Shiho's 25cm bust to give you an idea of how extreme the differences are. just eyeballing it i'd guess Maya and Liza are <20cm.

(on a sidenote, i remember i said i'd not be interested in getting Kana when she first came out, but since the VMF50 character girls are unlikely to get another production run, i decided i'd buy her now to see how much i like her, since if i don't warm to her enough i can resell her as her value shouldn't go down~)

That face is way nicer than most of the VMF girls look to me.

yep, she's got a very distinctive face, neurocidic also commented on that- it's completely different to any other sculpts they came up with so far, so i can see why it's appealing.

as for mixing and matching body parts: i can't confirm this since i don't own any AP girls [yet] but i don't see why you couldn't if i was going to guess the answer based on all the pictures i've seen.

the body types look if not identical then near-identical to VMF bodies. the AP girls even have the same classically weird-shaped thighs that VMF girls have, where the widest part of their body is actually the upper thigh and not the butt because of the way they are sculpted to curve outwards to create a thigh gap that is disproportionate to their hip size (in other words, they're anatomically incorrect, but in an ~artistic~ way)

they all still use the Obitsu body as a base, and everything is going to be the same scale when it slots into place as long as that's the case. i've never replaced the chests on my girls but i'd be pretty certain you can.

what might be the real issue is skin tone matching. firstly, i'm not sure how many skin tones they are planning on using now with AP. they started this trend towards the end of the VMF line of releasing girls in pairs, usually both would have the same face sculpt but one would have tan skin & one would have pale skin, while one would have a curvy body & the other would be more washboard. there were some exceptions (Sayo didn't have a counterpart) but you can see even with the AP line they decided to go with "two similar but different girls" as releases #1 & #2 since the only differences between Mona and Liza are very specific.

i don't know how many "shades" AP dolls are going to have or if the tone will match up to VMF girls (Liza looks like she is a darker, warmer tan color than Shiho or Kana to me but that could just be an illusion created by the photos).. also the Pink Drops girl looks literally white (in the face at least, you can see she has intense pink body blushing around her decolletage); i thought Sayo was very pale but her skin actually has some color in it comparatively.

the other thing is that from my experience w/ VMF dolls, especially Kana and Sayo (who were made later than Shiho, so this was i think an intentional decision for the line) is that they love to go CRAZY with the body blushing... not just around the naughty parts but all over the body - it can be pretty intense and might vary the apparent tone from doll to doll. you really have to look at the head cap of the doll to tell what their original skin color is.

VMF50 used to sell unpainted 'spare parts' in their web shop though, maybe they will be doing this again soon with AP. they also sold a few 'blank' prototypes at one point too, i saw them up on HLJ.

I want the red sports jacket/workout jacket - whatever you want to call it. I just can't justify 4,000 + shipping yen though .. As well as proxy fees and everything else.

no kidding, this is also why i tried to shy away from buying official VMF50 clothes and accessories when possible. they have always been overpriced. i really loved all the magical girl weapons they showcased but they would try to sell them for ~$90 each when the manufacturing cost is probably less than half that (i bitched about this already at some point)

that's why i joked you can tell it's still the same company... but if they can still sell their stuff for those prices that means some collectors are buying them of course, and while it sucks to have goods be overpriced, it's collectors like that who also help keep the brand profitable and provide incentive to release new dolls.

plus, like with any exclusive/niche interest, there is both the appeal of official company goods (brand name markup surpassing product quality- just look at the Cult of Volks!) combined with the fact that a lot of the goods are uniquely scaled for the girls, especially if you want them to have a sexy/erotic look... while you can buy clothing from sources that will fit them (as i tried to detail in the OP), Yamato/Arcadia are the only ones who were producing all the fetishistic and bondage-y outfits that are popular with some collectors.

i think maybe this was also a smart business decision on their part as finding clothes and props for 50cm dolls with the proportions of VMFs is way more difficult than buying for a ~40/60 cm doll with more standard proportions (so they are also forcing an incentive to buy official goods)

I like the open mouth sculpts too, for Unoa bjd they call it the 'yawn' face but aren't fooling anybody

this is off topic but yes! i've also heard it called the Akubi face (which i think is just Japanese for 'Yawn' anyway). i actually would really like to own a Unoa with either the O-face or the winking face . i've always preferred both those faces over the 'normal' Unoa face plates.

on topic: i may upload some comparison pictures of my VMFs since i was talking about that in response to baldylox's question about swapping parts. Kana especially has a body that is really similar to Mona and Liza's.

as for buying Angel Philia... i'm trying to prioritize getting any VMF sculpts i might like and want to keep (Eri/Nao) before they become as rare as earlier VMFs like Miu. plus i am kind of curious to see when the next AP girls are released and what they look like before deciding on one. i do like Liza quite a lot but i wonder if she is too freaky for me... i might go dig through the Japanese interwebs and see if i can find any unofficial owner pictures to help with that decision.

gothikgrrl

O.K., I have to ask about the "proxy" you will need for shopping at these sites. I have pretty much come to the conclusion I should just give it up already and start buying these girls I like the PinkDrops girls as well, but am not sure how to shop on the Japanese sites. I noticed that there is a lot of mention of proxy, which is I'm assumming someone who is familiar with the language, etc. who does the shopping for you for a fee? I know they used to have "shopping services" on DOA for some of the dolls (though resin BJDs aren't very hard to find anymore and most of those companies are very English friendly). How would I find one? I'd really like to get a few of these dolls. Another question I have is can you just purchase the heads? I also prefer a bustier body and would like to get some of the dolls heads and put them on different bodies. Sorry if these are total newb questions and are on here somewhere already!!! If anyone wants to PM with specifics that would also work!! Thanks!!