Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Alphakitty

Home Town Dolpa Kobe

scripple

It seemed obvious that there would be a DD3 incorporating the DDS changes sooner or later, I'm glad it's looking like it's sooner. I hope they make it available for direct purchase soon and that they make the whole thing available as replacement parts this time, meaning inner skeleton parts as well.

I think these changes are at least partially in response to the newer obitsu bodies (apparently the 50 cm is a really good design) and I've read you can purchase any individual part for an obitsu body, so hopefully that will push Volks to do the same.

I wonder if they'll update the MDD next time, as from everything I've read it's definitely the body most in need of replacement.

arrex

I think, that maybe both girls are DDS or the description was reversed and actually the Akihabara girl will be DD (like Moe&Natsuki) and the Touhou girl will be DDS (like previous two). Will see.

Looks like Sakuya will be the full sized DD III body incorporating some of the DDS innovations.

O.o full page scans now. Holy crap Akira looks awesome....

http://ameblo.jp/selbinya/entry-10941082992.html

iomi

I think i'll skip these two dollfie dreams ^^' but I like those scans below for the outfits~ want XD

At home: Rina and Reina( Twins ),DD Neris,Oscar(DD Beatrice),Bunni DD Akira)Melon( DD Yuki.M)Saber Extra(x2), Toki(DD Rise), Saber Alter, Saber Lily and Kudo, Rosalie, Cirno and Kan'u,Melty, Aoko, mika(06), Rin Tohsaka

Kumi

So the Sakuya's elbow was because of DD III body. I thought she's DDS. Okay, that explains much.

Probably I'll skip these two, too.

But new Moe, on DD III body... well... tempting. Very much tempting...

PrettyCranium

Re-release of Moe on DD3 body? But . . . but . . . I have no space left for display . . .

Galvatim

Oh wow! Moe is coming back! Plus new wigs and summer uniforms for Moe and Natsuki? Awesome!

I think, that maybe both girls are DDS or the description was reversed and actually the Akihabara girl will be DD (like Moe&Natsuki) and the Touhou girl will be DDS (like previous two). Will see.

Looks like Sakuya will be the full sized DD III body incorporating some of the DDS innovations.

O.o full page scans now. Holy crap Akira looks awesome....

http://ameblo.jp/selbinya/entry-10941082992.html

Akira does look pretty cool! And This link reveals that DDS body parts include the internal frame parts! Except the torso, the bust and torso frame are sold separately.

Suzuna

Whew! Thank goodness Akira's mouth and nose aren't quite what I was looking for, or I'd be in trouble! That DDIII body sounds awfully nice...

baldylox
This link reveals that DDS body parts include the internal frame parts! Except the torso, the bust and torso frame are sold separately.

Now THAT is awesome news. I love how these will be made available. That top torse piece is VERY brittle... I already had to repair the one on Mamimi due to the cylinders that hold the shoulder pins splitting in half right down the tops on both sides. Those areas are nowhere near as beefy as the DDII ones are. Thank goodness I'll be able to get a replacement for like $30 or so, makes me extremely happy.

I do love Sakuya alot.... she has lots going for her in my book...

Knives, DD3 body, knives, maid outfit, knives, a cool clock, knives, braids in her hair, knives and knives.

But I won't be going for any of these girls or outfits this time around. Nice looking stuff and the new Akiba girls extra kitty themed outfit is awesome. But if Volks makes that kitty set, it will stain girls just by being in the same room with them.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Dolly

Oh wow, DDIII! I am suddenly very glad that I did not buy Beatrice a body yet.

Akira is such a cutie in that sailor outfit, she looks boyish but in a girly way. And does it say that she comes with an S bust? I see an "S" in her description right in the same spot that Sakuya has an "M" and Moe has an "S". Not sure if her face is doing it for me, but everything else is darling. I'm really liking Sakuya too, but I still wonder if she will even be available out of Japan.

And I have a question, can anyone pretty please help me identify the blank head shown on the DDIII base body? It looks new to me though I am not familiar with a lot of DD sculpts.

<3 At home: Smartdoll Dimension & Onward 

(*) Wishing for: Dollfie Dream

Kumi

I think this blank sculpt is a Moe/Natsuki head. The same which was with DDS body photos.

And because of that, there were rumors that this mold will be released as the new 5th option head.

Till Troll

Am I right in thinking that they are listing the DDS body parts separately? And if you wanted a DDS body, you'd have to buy these parts and combine them?

I've been waiting for the Moe/Natsuki head to become standard since I got into DD. If the DDS and DDIII body become standard also, I may wait til they are on the International site and buy them then. If it doesn't look likely, I am really tempted by both Akira and Moe: as in, delay getting fancy overlocker for these girls tempted. Are they likely to end up in a lottery on the International site? I've never entered before, so I may be seeking guidance if I decide to go ahead. :s

Milk

I'm so torn between giving in and getting a girl this dollpa or not.

I do like Akira but somehow she doesn't captivate me 100% like Beato did. I love her second outfit since this is something I wanted to have for a doll ever since I started getting know BJDs and such, but it doesn't look like it's lined at all. Neither the dark blue nor the black fabric. After what Volks did with Beatrice's uniform I won't bet on good luck. But now I'm afraid that if I let Akira slip away now I'll regret it later. But I think my wallet has the final word in this matter.

Since they start to sell the DDS parts separately I wonder if they also offer a fullbody version? But I noticed that every part is only available in normal skin. That's mean Volks. I'd love to have a white skin little beauty. I guess I'll have to sit on my hands until they release any white skin DDS. This'll take forever, won't it?

home  Victoria Beatrice {DD Beatrice}  DD 2B  DD 9S  Lavi {TinyFox Murphy}

waiting for  TinyFox Fluffy

Dolly

Thanks for your input, Kumi! But hmm, I dunno, the mouth doesn't look right to me. When I saw the DDS body with the blank head, I recognized it as Moe/Natsuki right away. That mold has a very distinct built-in smile, to the point that I doubt you could paint an unsmiling Moe or Natsuki, but the one on the DDIII base body looks fairly neutral. Could just be my imagination though!

And my first thought when seeing the DDS parts released (well, after "yay!") was: ok, but can I buy the actual body, to put those optional parts on? Hopefully soon!

<3 At home: Smartdoll Dimension & Onward 

(*) Wishing for: Dollfie Dream

mitsuki

Must post cute photos:

5894294983_601db3153a.jpg

Sakuya

5894860794_70c6070d33.jpg

5894295155_c86caa3fe6.jpg

5894295203_d4feae1296.jpg

5894860722_93239ff1d6.jpg

Akira

5894294713_684241431c.jpg

arrex
Kumi
Thanks for your input, Kumi! But hmm, I dunno, the mouth doesn't look right to me.

You know, You may be right. I didn't found have any better scans so it's possible.

Looks a bit like blank Sakuya head, too. Or even like Lily.

PlasticFantastic

Akira is so cute! >_<

It's a shame my wallet will be keeping me from any new girls for a while ^^;

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

Averis
Akira is so cute! >_

It's a shame my wallet will be keeping me from any new girls for a while ^^;

My thoughts exactly. I'd like to get Akira too, but I already abused my bank too much just so I could adopt Neris and Airy. Besides, they will need to be spoiled a bit before I can get new girls. That is, if my bank will ever talk to me again. Maybe the next event...

di-chan123

@_@ oh man.... about a week ago, my mom told me she wanted to get me a DD for christmas this year (yes, we plan THAT early) I feel torn between Akira and the new release of Moe. I must weigh my options >.>.......

PlasticFantastic
@_@ oh man.... about a week ago, my mom told me she wanted to get me a DD for christmas this year (yes, we plan THAT early) I feel torn between Akira and the new release of Moe. I must weigh my options >.>.......

My thoughts are:

Either try for Akira and pick up alternate Moe's outfit on Yahoo Japan.

Or if you're after the DD3 you could go for Moe and then keep everything but her head and try to trade or sell it.

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

otakusan

Akira, Moe2, Sakuya.... i'm so dead

Till Troll

Do people think that after this Dolpa, the DDS and DDIII body will become standard? If they do, will Volks sell off the DDII bodies at a discounted price? And as the Moe/Natsuki head mold is being used to advertise the DDIII, do people thing that head will become standard too?

I thought hard about it, and realised what I really want is 2 DDS bodies, a DDH-01 head to mod and a Moe head to paint myself: had they released Moe on a DDS body I'd've gone for her. So maybe I should wait until after this Dolpa, and give other a people a minutely better chance at getting the girls they want via the lottery.

I am slightly irked that the DDS gets spare parts before the DDdy gets a spare replacement abdomen (unless they've released one of those recently? ). Also, more skin tones Volks!

baldylox
I am slightly irked that the DDS gets spare parts before the DDdy gets a spare replacement abdomen (unless they've released one of those recently? ). Also, more skin tones Volks!

I totally agree with you!

WHY VOLKS, WHY have you not released replacement parts for the DDdy yet? No torso and no thighs. Is it that difficult? Are you scared people will buy all the vinyl for a DDdy and use a DDII frame to build thier own DDdy girls? If you're starting to change over to the DD3 body then it shouldn't matter.

And speaking of that, I wonder if Volks plans on upgrading the DDdy to a new verison as well? I would love to see some better posability with the DDdy girls.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

mitsuki
Akira, Moe2, Sakuya.... i'm so dead

I agree with otakusan.