Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

littlebearries

What Manga are you reading?

aaircrash

I started reading Dengeki Daisy like a week ago, as well as Gentlemen's Alliance Cross which I started a few years ago- I havent bought any of the new volumes in a long time though ._.

Wishing Uzuki Shimamura, Rin Shibuya

Owning Miriam (Smart Doll Mirai), Alexia (DDS Marisa Kirisame)

kymaera

Lots of stuff. Last thing that I read was the first volume of Durarara yesterday.

A handful of my current ongoing favorites:

Bunny Drop

Claymore

Higurashi

Negima

Yotsuba

baldylox

I just finished up the tenth volume of "Yotsuba!" and it was quite good. More Danbo!

I also just finished the "Eye Opening" arc of "When They Cry". Some really brutal stuff this time around and I'm looking forward to the last arc of the series "Atonement". I have the first book of that but haven't read it yet because I want the others before I start reading.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

littlebearries
I just finished up the tenth volume of "Yotsuba!" and it was quite good. More Danbo!

LOVE Danbo!!!

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

baldylox
LOVE Danbo!!!

If you haven't read this one yet, Danbo makes a return in the last chapter. It's hilarious how he shows back up tho. And Miura's explanation of him being there was too funny... a small quote:

"I ran out of money because I wanted to buy too many things.... like World Peace."

Billy

kymaera

Ok, B....

time for one of your girls to do a Danbo cosplay in a story

Deinbeck

A quick recommend - Vertical and the Viz Sig Ikki lines both have some really neat books aimed at adults that like more alternative styled comics.

Sig Ikki has Dorohedoro which is a really fun series. Children of the Sea isn't bad either. The art in it is fantastic. Ooku has been a good read too.

Vertical has lots of great Tezuka books, Twin Spica is a nice little story, Lychee Light Club and Velveteen and Mandala are both total head trips (avoid if you're easily offended or have a weak stomach for graphic content...)

I just read Velveteen and Mandala last night and I think it scarred me, LOL. Interesting book though, worth a gander if you're into alt comics.

baldylox
Ok, B....

time for one of your girls to do a Danbo cosplay in a story

I'm now highly considering this. Damn you.....

Billy

ayacchidere

I'm currently reading these:

Yotsuba&!

Hayate no Gotoku!

Zettai Karen Children

Black Butler (can't write original title here....)

Durarara!!

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (Should read recent chapters, but maybe later.)

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mou Omaera ga Warui! (just started 3 chapters yesterday, pretty interesting)

Actually got some more but I can't remember all of them! I prefer physical manga than mangascans. Most mangas I'm reading are physically owned by me.

carmen171

Durarara!

Vagabond

Dance in the Vampire Bund

Kurozokuro

Arisa

I read many manga at once!!!

Daughters~Mai,Ryomou,Kanu,Moe2,Yukino,HH02,Yoko,Marisa,Escalayer,Ms. Mariko,Lucy,Saber Xtra,Saber Alter,Rise,Sasara,Alna,Akira,H05,Mayu

animal.jpg

Waiting~Natsuki2,Melty,Aoko

JoltFiend

I was reading quite a few translated ones, but with how slow they come out (I like to buy them retail) and me always waiting for Right Stuf to have a sale, I haven't really read anything in a while.

That being said, the only ones I'm currently reading are Oh! My Goddess (Dark Horse releases) and Yotsuba&!, in the original Japanese release. That's the only manga that I can mostly understand with my limited Japanese knowledge.

I was reading in no particular order: Air Gear, xxxHolic, Tsubasa: Resivoir Chronicles, Yozakura Quartet, and Claymore. As far as I know, Yozakura Quartet has been dropped, considering Del Rey hasn't released anything since volume five and it's been over a year since.

11698830435_af9057797c_o.jpg

Deinbeck
I was reading quite a few translated ones, but with how slow they come out (I like to buy them retail) and me always waiting for Right Stuf to have a sale, I haven't really read anything in a while.

That being said, the only ones I'm currently reading are Oh! My Goddess (Dark Horse releases) and Yotsuba&!, in the original Japanese release. That's the only manga that I can mostly understand with my limited Japanese knowledge.

I was reading in no particular order: Air Gear, xxxHolic, Tsubasa: Resivoir Chronicles, Yozakura Quartet, and Claymore. As far as I know, Yozakura Quartet has been dropped, considering Del Rey hasn't released anything since volume five and it's been over a year since.

Del Rey is gonzo Kodansha USA http://kodanshacomics.com/ is still printing some popular series. Air Gear for instance is still going it looks like.

kymaera

So, I got in a big shipment today. Usually order mine from RightStuf and get the free shipping, so they end up doing a big clump of books together most of the time. Today was one of the bigger ones with 16 manga.

Here's resident otaku Akira sitting down for a good read:

manga_manga.jpg

Anouc

Oh huiii ... i read a looot of mangas atm >___<

Yotsuba!

xxme

Triage

HotD

Spice & Wolf

Franken Fran

Judge

Momo little Devil

Belzebub

Chitose etc

Switch Girl

summer wars

Deadman wonderland

dengeki daisy

Arisa

Battle Angel Alita

and some numbers i stoped atm ^^"

https://www.facebook.com/fantasydolls?ref=hl

☆〜(ゝ。∂) ♥ Dollfie Dream Faceups ~ ☆

milkytea

The only series I'm reading right now is Bunny Drop (うさぎドロップ). I really like it--so much that I'm buying the US releases as they come out and trying not to spoil the story for myself. It's such a sweet story~ I want to watch the related anime and movie, but first I want to finish reading it. Waiting for volume 5 to be officially released at the end of March is killing me...and then wait for volume 6 will be even longer. ;__;

AerisAquata

Right now I'm reading Aria, and I'm over halfway through the series in one day!

It's such a relaxing and beautiful series, I wish I had an Aria company uniform for myself~

AerisAquata

Uwaaah, I've finished it! It was magnificent and made my heart soar. I kind of long for the happy sort of days in those pages.

DivinitaAria
Uwaaah, I've finished it! It was magnificent and made my heart soar. I kind of long for the happy sort of days in those pages.

I have one of the Aqua books :3 I feel like they're so hard to find in stores.

Such a great series XP I cosplayed as Alicia once and people recognized the series but asked me if it was boring. It's just a relaxing series that makes you wish you lived on Mars

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

blueboy57

Well this topic needs reviving so here we go

I wouldn't say I'm reading any manga right now but I am waiting for the next issue. If you go with my reasoning I'm reading Dorohedoro. It's awesome! At first the art style kinda scared me away. When borders went out of business I bought the first 2 issues since they were on sale. One of the best purchases I've made. The art style is very gritty with a lot of heavy lines that look like kinda rough sketches at times. I love how the whole thing is dark and kinda serious acting but there's tons of humor in it, whether the characters mean to or not.

My favorite manga by far is Suzuka. I read from the point that the anime stopped to the end in one afternoon online then had that sad post book depression thing going on so I reread it again the next day. Then I found each and every volume released in English and bought them. And Del Rey if you ever read this I'm still waiting for 16/17/18. I read a lot of Kimi no Iru Machi (also by Seo Kouji) but got tired of waiting for the author and forgot to go back. But it was awesome. Same thing happened with Princess Lucia and Good Ending. I guess you could say I like little (or a lot) or romance in my books lol.

DD Family: Kara (Power Girl) HDD-02 & DDDyIII

Ravendruid

I might have to look up the Suzuka manga, thank you. I liked the anime quite a bit, but wasn't exactly thrilled with where it ended.

I just finished a two day marathon session of the School Rumble manga, one of my all-time favorite anime. I have a really hard time deciding whether I liked the anime or the manga better, though. Most series I have a very clear preference for one over the other, but this one is almost a toss-up for me. the school gun battle and the basketball arc absolutely benefit from being animated, but I love the fact that the manga continues the story and adds quite a bit. There are certainly a couple storylines I would have chosen to go differently. On the other hand, the way the mangaka chose probably does make for a better story, overall.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

PrettyCranium

I have several volumes of Sailor Moon waiting. I really enjoy them.

Has anyone read Ouran all the way through? The anime left me wanting more . . . Does the manga pick up where it ended?

Also, I kinda of want to pick up Black Butler. I was kind of "meh" about the end of the second season, and I hear the manga is different,

blueboy57
I might have to look up the Suzuka manga, thank you. I liked the anime quite a bit, but wasn't exactly thrilled with where it ended.

I wanna say the manga picks up where the anime left off at like chapter 72...not 100% though. And the Manga is way better. it goes to Ch 166 i think so u'll be busy for a little while lol. If you like Suzuka you might try Kimi no Iru Machi, same author Seo Kouji.

DD Family: Kara (Power Girl) HDD-02 & DDDyIII

Masuuka

I've read several at the library but haven't started collecting until recently.

Stuff currently reading and like:

Chibi vampire

Arisa

Fruits basket

Stuff I want to read:

strawberry marshmallow

Naruto

One piece

littlebearries
I have several volumes of Sailor Moon waiting. I really enjoy them.

Has anyone read Ouran all the way through? The anime left me wanting more . . . Does the manga pick up where it ended?

Also, I kinda of want to pick up Black Butler. I was kind of "meh" about the end of the second season, and I hear the manga is different,

I think the Ouran manga is about a million times better than the anime (and I like the anime) but you get all these little funny asides from the author in it... and it JUST finished in the US, so you should be able to buy the whole thing... it has a very satisfying conclusion... she really tries to let you know what will happen to everyone.

*edit: It doesn't pick up where the anime leaves off, it starts at the beginning, runs parallel for the most part to the anime for a while (but it's still different enough that the manga is worth buying the whole thing) and then takes off where the anime leaves off.

As for the Black Butler Manga... I found it REALLY boring. I bought two volumes of it and then gave up on it. I like the anime much better on that one.

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

Kraster

I just started reading W Juliet! So far its good O:!