Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

littlebearries

What Manga are you reading?

PrettyCranium

I also recommend Fruits Basket highly. One of the best manga I've ever read.

Ravendruid

I started reading Fruits Basket, but my local bookstore only had the first few, and somehow I just never got around to getting the rest off of Amazon. I need to remember to do that. I really enjoyed the ones that I have. Much better than the anime, and I really liked the anime.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

Anna-neko

graaaaarh, now everyone is getting into Furuba again!

...meanwhile, the library is still mocking me by not having books between 7 & 11... so I'm gonna go back to oldskool - Sailor Moon!

littlebearries
Oh, the Fruits Basket manga is much better than the anime- they just left so much out. I guess they didn't have time to cover it all, but honestly they probably had enough material to go 52 episodes without much filler. They left out several entire characters in the anime, for goodness sakes! So yeah, I definitely recommend the manga.

LOL, the anime just leaves off in the middle of the story... about what, 1/4 the way through the manga series?! We watched the anime first and sat there going, "Huh?"... it wasn't until we were able to read all of the manga that the series clicked and we were like, "THIS IS GREAT!!! ... and now it actually makes sense!" XD

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

Jezrah

Yeah, I read the manga first. I have a tendency to wait to see an anime until I have read the entire manga, unless of course I had no intention to read the manga at all. Also, I collected Furuba when I was still in high school and didn't have as much access to anime since my family was backwards and I didn't have a computer. Anyway, so I read the manga first, loved it, later saw the anime. I don't hate the anime, but I don't love it either, I guess since it didn't live up to my expectations at all. It just cuts off and leaves out so much. I love Rin, and she doesn't even exist in the anime.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

yukifrein

currently reading Kuroko no basket,black butler,dragon voice :3

at Home:

*Nia (DD Nia Teppelin) *Yuzu (DD Akira) *Kotori Minami (DDH-04) *Yuki Emilia Cross (DDH-09) *Lyrica Brissmark (MDD Rena)

Plans: none as of this glorious moment :p

Ekidonia

I read (and watch) some mangas too :

Evangelion, GTO, Black Cat, D.Gray-man, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Beelzebub, Chi's sweet home, GUNNM, and others ^^

I like a lot of shonen or seinen ^^

DD at home : Asuka (Asuka french), Kanae (Yui)

DJStarstryker

Reading Gunslinger Girl. Series is slated to end in December, so trying to catch up with the volumes I haven't read yet.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

Pahsmina
Reading Gunslinger Girl. Series is slated to end in December, so trying to catch up with the volumes I haven't read yet.

Good~ ; _ ; I'm so sad it's gonna end but oh well, you can't keep everything alive forever.

I'm trying to follow the Deadman wonderland manga but it haven't been updated for months now?? I wonder what happened.

2xRYydm.png

Own- Melina - DD Rise Kujikawa, Luke Triton - MDD hybrid, Clive Dove - DD hybrid, Arianna - DD Yui Hirasawa

baldylox

Since I got the remaining volumes I needed for this series for Xmas, I can finally begin reading "Higurashi: When They Cry" again. I've got like 5 or 6 books to read so it will take me some time since I try to only read one chapter a night to stretch out my enjoyment.

After I finish that, I'll read Vol 11 of "Yotsuba!"

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Jullietta

Reading GTO, evangelion, oh my goddes!(~° ▽ °)~

SchroedingersCat

I need to catch up on Ah! My Goddess! I'm way behind on that.

I've also been reading Spice and Wolf, Tenjho Tenge, Kobato and Gate 7.

Now with +/- 15% more uncertainty!

elfinder

I'm up to date with Horou Musuko, Kurage Hime and Aoi Hana myself. Always hard waiting for scanlation updates on all three!

Hpyon

I got an iPad last year and after that I've been reading a load of manga - digital really is the way to go, conventional books take so much space!

Right now I'm reading Beck and really enjoying it so far - 11 volumes in out of the 34 total. The pacing seems really nice, most series would have already ended within 11 volumes and that one's just getting started, but it doesn't feel dragging at all either and instead constantly proceeds at a steady pace. And since I love music the themes are very interesting as well! This'll probably keep me entertained for a couple more days, after that probably going back to Pandora Hearts and catching up with the translations. That type of shonen series for girls usually isn't my thing at all but PH seems to have an interesting enough plot and all the boy and girl characters are really hot/cute instead of the usual over-the-top-icky like in Black Butler (oh, word filter didn't like the original title) or InuxBoku.

Kouriel

At the moment I'm reading Royal Doll Orchestra by Kaori Yuki. But since my boyfriend bought me the first 2 books of the Angel Sanctuary collectors edition, I might read Angel Sanctuary again soon.

(Wow, it might be around 10 year since I read it for the first time )

Hpyon

Finished with Beck and really loved it - I'm a sucker for these larger than life friendship stories and everything from the characters to the pacing of the story felt just perfect. I think it's also the longest series I've ever read in one sitting (well not really one sitting but over a couple of days). A definite 10/10.

After that I picked up Liar Game - dunno why it's escaped my radar so far! I think I've been under the impression that it's some silly shonen series but luckily that wasn't the case. It's like every single Nobuyuki Fukumoto series, just better in every way. The games are really deep and the characters are super interesting and the plot moves at a steady pace - even if there really hasn't been a glimmer of hope in the close future it keeps on going all the time and doesn't get stuck on something stupid like that quiz game in Fukumoto's Tobaku Haouden Zero. Great stuff, a bit over halfway through so far.

Shailara

The last one I read was Tomodachi no Hanashi, although I have a few saved in my favourites. I haven't been feeling up to reading manga lately, getting bored far too easily, but if I do get back in the mood for it, I'll have a few to read ehehe ^ ^

I also am reading a manhwa Witch Hunter which is awsome sauce

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

mrsmarks

Right now the mangas I'm reading (and re-reading) are: Natsume's Book of Friends (and excellent series for all ages, I would recommend it to anyone), Bride's Story (a beautiful series that if not for a bit of nudity I would recommend to everyone, but with it I'd say it's adults only, but an A+ series) and ToraDora! (which I'm on the fence about after five volumes, I was hoping it would veer away from the anime, but so far it seems to be very similar).

baldylox

I *really* enjoyed the anime for "Natsume's Book of Friends", it was so very cool. How is the manga? Have you seen the anime to be able to compare the two? I was wondering on that because I sometimes like to read the manga for anime shows I liked.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

mrsmarks
I *really* enjoyed the anime for "Natsume's Book of Friends", it was so very cool. How is the manga? Have you seen the anime to be able to compare the two? I was wondering on that because I sometimes like to read the manga for anime shows I liked.

Billy

The anime is pretty faithful to the manga... the anime changed a few things to make things more fluid (the manga chapters read more as each story being independent, with the newer chapters reading more as a continuous story), but it's just as enjoyable (especially if you read it with the anime's VA's in your head as the voices ).

Soenatte

I'm also reading Natsume's book of friends! xD And I openly recommend it to anyone/everyone as well~ I enjoyed both the manga and the anime greatly.

Other than that I'm reading Bleach, Kuroko no Basuke...

and I don't know if it qualifies, being a manwha, but Bride of the Water God. It's just one of the best things I've read -v-; like, honestly...

DDH07: Naoshin | Yui: Eclaire | DDH10: Noah | DDH01: Mafuyu P-chan: He Tian | Hime-Ane: Millefeuille

Kaito: Sora | DDH01: Astraia Tiamat: Ravus | DDH08: Alto  DDHo9: Leilani DDH07: Fyodor

katnaper
I'm also reading Natsume's book of friends! xD And I openly recommend it to anyone/everyone as well~ I enjoyed both the manga and the anime greatly.

Other than that I'm reading Bleach, Kuroko no Basuke...

and I don't know if it qualifies, being a manwha, but Bride of the Water God. It's just one of the best things I've read -v-; like, honestly...

Big fan of the anime (as evidenced by my little avatar hehe). Haven't started on the manga yet but that's next on my list. Currently reading Kamisama Kiss as I am a sucker for shojo manga. And since I mentioned shojo, following Dengeki Daisy, Kaichou wa Maid Sama, Say I love you, Kimi ni Todoke and one other manga that I currently forget the name of . I like nice light reads in between doses of Robert Jordan, Jim Butcher and Victor Hugo.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den