Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Averis

What Anime are you watching?

blisseycake

I'm also watching a magical girl show! I'm finally going through Cardcaptor Sakura seriously this time. Being older makes me really appreciate all the cute designs and amazing art, and I'm trying really hard not to want to make a doll outfit for every other outfit Sakura has lol

SonataAvalon
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, blisseycake said:

I'm also watching a magical girl show! I'm finally going through Cardcaptor Sakura seriously this time. Being older makes me really appreciate all the cute designs and amazing art, and I'm trying really hard not to want to make a doll outfit for every other outfit Sakura has lol

The temptation will come. 

We will encourage your graphic design impulses gained from a place unknown...

Edited by SonataAvalon

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!

baldylox
21 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

If you haven't seen it, Lycoris Recoil is great. I'd throw money at Volks fast if they made a Chisato DDS

What service is that on?  I'll add it to my list if I have the right service.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, baldylox said:

What service is that on?  I'll add it to my list if I have the right service.

Billy

It's on Crunchyroll. I'm surprised you haven't seen it, it's basically a girls with guns action show. The main villain is awesome too, loads of personality and just a lot of fun to watch.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox
23 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

It's on Crunchyroll. I'm surprised you haven't seen it, it's basically a girls with guns action show. The main villain is awesome too, loads of personality and just a lot of fun to watch.

Excellent!  I have Crunchyroll so I'll look this series up tonight and start watching it tomorrow.  Thanks for the info!  :)

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Xiongmao
Posted (edited)

There's a tonne of decent new anime out in the Spring '24 lineup.

After much searching we located Blue Archive. I don't think it will be a huge hit but it has a large devoted fanbase from the game. They were generally impressed by the anime. The first episode was pretty good and the characters are super suitable for making into dolls. I already have one outfit, and another's on the way. The second character wasn't in the first episode though.

I missed it the first time around but the remake of Spice and Wolf is really awesome. Maybe it's the next Frieren. It could almost be set in the same magical world. I think a DD version of Holo would be quite likely.

Bartender's up next.

Oh and Rin thought Lycoris Recoil was so good she's just ordered a Takina doll for herself.

spacer.png

Edited by Xiongmao

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Brun2166

I think I’m going to watch one of the sailor moons again since I was a teenager. I’m just not sure about wich one I should watch. 

Rheynna

I've been binging a lot of anime lately, first was Frieren, last night I finished Kusuriya no Hitorigoto/Apothecary Diaries, and today I started DunMeshi/Delicious in Dungeon.

Bad_Luck

So I signed up for the free Crunchyroll trial so I could check out Frieren, and ended up getting completely derailed watching "A Place Further Than the Universe" instead! It's absolutely adorable without going into cloyingly cutesy territory. I love the characters, and despite the show's seemingly basic premise: "Teen girls try to get to Antarctica for various reasons," it has a lot of depth and heart. I love that you get insight into the adults' characters as well. 

And there are penguins! What's not to love? I've got for episodes left; suffice it to say I may not make it very far into Frieren before my trial runs out 😅.

Riesz
Posted (edited)

I binged Sugar Apple Fairy Tale and I need moooooooooore! I want a DD of Shalle soooo badly omg! Wouldn't he be so pretty?!

36226-522469176-1910541728.png.ee545e2c9fd8b8ae4d106880a532e051.png

Gonna watch some old stuff I haven't seen in years, starting with Inuyasha. I'm feeling really nostalgic lately. 😄

Edited by Riesz

Giragira

Haven't gotten to watch it yet but I've been gnawing at the bit to watch Dungeon Meshi

Xiongmao

Spice and Wolf is just too good. Full title is Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf. My dolls are delighted because Holo is voiced by our very own Yayoi Takatsuki. She does an incredible job.

Bartender's pretty good too. It's something a little different from the usual school or fantasy dramas.

Blue Archive's up later. Our very own Uzuki Shimamura voices Serika, who is our favourite character.

16 hours ago, Bad_Luck said:

suffice it to say I may not make it very far into Frieren before my trial runs out 😅.

Hope you stay up all night binge watching Frieren. I had the agony of all those cliffhangers 😪.

Volume 10 of the manga arrived today... 4 days before the official release day. Thank you Amazon 😊.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Xiongmao

I thought I should check out the old IdolMaster series and see if I could spot any of my girls.

We're currently watching Idolmaster: Xenoglossia. So far I've spotted Yayoi, Iori and Haruka. I've not spotted Charles Donatello the 14th.

I don't have English subs so I'm not sure what's going on. I don't know if the subs would help though. It's a strange show that's kind of as strange as when the Battlestar Galactica crew reached 1980 earth. Iori seems to be mostly on her mobile phone and eating noodles. Yayoi is mostly being kawaii and Haruka seems to spend most of the first episode trying to stop people seeing her pantsu.

Intriguing stuff. I'm also unsure as to why Volks made this pair so many years after their Idolmaster days.

Well it will keep us busy as we face the agonising 6 month wait for the next Frieren manga.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1