Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Averis

What Anime are you watching?

Xiongmao

Attack on Titan finally ended. The ending was a little mixed but it is definitely a contender for the greatest anime of all time.

The final episode end credits were brilliant.

Now we need to wait 1000 years for the next blockbuster of a show. Chainsaw man has great potential though.

Frieren is also outstanding and Volks made a great decision in who the latest DD should be.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

OhirumenoMuchinoKami

i started moomin tanoshii iika. i think i spelled it right?... ok.

im also watchig frieren and the anime about 100 girlfriends. and idolmaster too.

i tried to watch ruroni but my nostalgia didnt let me survive 3 episodes;

• Like 1

Xiongmao
1 hour ago, OhirumenoMuchinoKami said:

i started moomin tanoshii iika. i think i spelled it right?... ok.

im also watchig frieren and the anime about 100 girlfriends. and idolmaster too.

i tried to watch ruroni but my nostalgia didnt let me survive 3 episodes;

I need to look for Idolmaster - it would be fun spotting my tribe (Uzuki, Shin Sato, Iori and Yayoi).

Frieren's 8-10 episodes were astounding. I so badly want a DD Linie. She'd be perfect as an MDD.

Spy x Family season 2 had a weak start but the arc that begins in episode 5 has some of the best Anya and Yoru scenes ever and Anya's best ever joke.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Thespian

It's almost time for mine and my husband's yearly rewatch of Great Pretender and I'm so excited to be emotionally devastated again!

• Haha 1

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

alinekodesu

Frieren! I’m super excited for her dollfie! 

spacer.png

• Like 4

sunlightandtea

So I’m a dubbed gal and I’m usually about a season behind on my anime but I’m currently watching Frieren, Nier Automata, and Tonikawa: Over the moon for you — which has been a very fun watch as a newlywed. ^^ And eventually I’ll finish d grey man…. I’m only 79 episodes in. 

Xiongmao
On 12/1/2023 at 1:05 AM, alinekodesu said:

Frieren! I’m super excited for her dollfie! 

spacer.png

That was a fun moment although apparently there's been much drama in the online universe about the fan service scenes. There's a cool scene where Frieren's ears droop. I don't know which episode it was in though.

I'm trying to finish Sword Art season 3 but it's a real drag. I cannot express how mad my Asunas are that Asuna hardly features. Season 4 had better be outstanding.

StartPlanting

I finally watched the OG Rozen Maiden… because… dolls! 🤣 I’m left with more questions about the “Alice game” etc. I’m still wondering…🧐

• Like 2

Xiongmao

We've almost finished SAO season 3. I've asked for volunteers to cosplay as The Administrator... it will probably be Towa since she likes doing that sort of thing 😂.

After 25 episodes Toradora finally ended. The ending was pretty good. It's a good slice-of-life show and Taiga is one of the most memorable anime characters ever.

Season 2 of Spy x Family has been all over the place. For some reason it went from cozy family viewing to some kind of Reservoir Dogs remake. It's nice to see more of Yoru though.

Frieren keeps getting better and this Friday will be the start of the second major story arc. It is still the #1 all time anime according to MyAnimeList. This is an incredible achievement for a brand new show. People who know a lot more about anime than I do claim it's about the only anime that is almost completely identical to the manga.

I just love Frieren's new ED. Claymation Frieren is just sooo adorable. I think I'll have a go at making one myself.

baldylox

I watched Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix, that was amazing.  Also rewatched Seasons 1 and 2 of Rising of he Shield Hero so I could remember what was going on before I watched S3.  I'm doing the same right now for SpyxFamily mainly because I love Yor and seeing her in S1 is always nice.  But I haven't seen any of S2 so once S1 is done I'll go right into S2 for more Yor hotness.  😄 

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Xiongmao

We've finally reached Sword Art Online season 4.

I don't really like what they did in season 3 but maybe it will become good.

Frieren S01E18 was amazing - mostly because they introduced so many new characters that would be amazing dolls. I'm just hoping Volks goes all in and makes them all (yes even the one with the stain monster outfit lol).

Emil

I'm currently starting White Album because of the two DDs from the series. I feel mildly obligated to watch the source content of collab dolls when I'm interested in them- this is why I watched Mashiroiro Symphony before buying Miu Amaha (though I don't plan to buy Yuki or Rina quite yet). I also recently finished watching Maquia, Class of the Elite (S1, S2, and what's out for S3 so far), Journey of Elaina, and To Your Eternity (all seasons). I'm also watching Frieren, and I recently binged the entire manga so far. I actually heard about it back in 2020 and had it on my to-read list, but I never got to it. DD Frieren sparked my interest in it again, of course. 

I thought Maquia was pretty good, although there's a lot of bits and pieces I want more info on. I was very surprised to see that it wasn't adapted from a novel or manga, apparently? Class of the Elite was okay, I feel like the fanservice was a bit heavy and somewhat distracting... but not as bad as something like High School of the Dead or High-Rise Invasion. Ayanokoji seems like a less impulsive Light Yagami. I'm probably going to read the light novels when season 3 finishes airing, because I am genuinely interested in the lore and how the story will pan out. Elaina was also pretty good IMO; the last episode was very interesting. I also enjoyed To Your Eternity, and I'm heavily debating reading the manga for that series as well. If Fushi was a girl, I think he would have gotten a DD collab. Frieren is also very enjoyable so far, although my interest in the anime is waning after reading the manga (mostly because I already know what's going to happen/everything is fresh in my mind). I love the soundtrack, but that's no surprise since it's the same person who did the Violet Evergarden OST. 

After I finish White Album, I'll probably move on to Kobato, Unbreakable Machine-Doll, Umineko, Dantalian, or maybe pick Konosuba up again (I feel like my tolerance for annoying protagonists has increased 😅). Not entirely sure yet... probably depends on how the White Album ending leaves me lol. So far, I've heard that it's depressing, not worth watching, boring... All of which are top criteria for me to be interested in an anime apparently 😄 lol

Edited by Emil

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Oculae

I recently started watching Dungeon Meshi. I read the manga all the way through, but it's been a while, so it's nice to revisit all the early moments and see how Trigger's been handling the different scenes. I admit, I'm impressed! I wasn't sure how well that studio was going to handle the series's distinctive artstyle, but they're knocking it out of the park so far. It's fun!

I've also got Macross Frontier on my to-watch list, since my doll of Sheryl has quickly become one of my favorite models. I got the gist of the series off the wiki so I don't pose or dress her OOC, but I'd like to see the full show eventually. Wikis only tell you so much!

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Xiongmao

I frequently get annoyed with YouTube but hats off to the algorithm for showing me a Bocchi the Rock meme.

This is my new favourite anime. Oddly enough not much was expected of this anime but it has become wildly popular.

It feels very close to the bone in its depiction of life as a socially awkward misfit. I struggle with Gen Z humour but I think this show is something they really appreciate.

Apparently it's so popular in Japan that real life music stores ran out of guitars. Now I realise why I kept getting outbid on DD sized guitars late last year.

Now I'm obsessing over who to turn into Bocchi. Her outfit is quite straightforward but I don't know if Volks made a pink version of the school tracksuit. I do also have a Pureneemo with Bocchi's hair and a K-On Pureneemo sized guitar, so that is an alternative plan.

Well it will do until Frieren Friday rolls around.

Xiongmao

Mushoku Tensei is worth a look. It's kind of similar to Frieren and Re:Zero. The first 3 episodes have been very enjoyable. A second series is on the way.

AwkwardMango

Technically not an anime as it is a donghua but I've been watching Heaven Officials blessing season two and its really good! The animation, the art, and even the soundtrack is soo good, its very nice to look at. It's quite faithful to the novel from what I've watched and you can really feel the chemistry between the main two leads.

I've also been trying to catch up on the second part of Dead Mount Deathplay's season 1 part 2, its been really good and super interesting so far. The ops and eds have been bangers, the plot is full of tons of mystery and action so it will def keep you on the edge of your seat.

7th time loop is also an interesting one, I'm enjoying all of the Villainess isekai sub genre stories getting adapted into animes.

Zai

I’ve fallen a bit out of anime watching compared to the sheer amount I used to watch! I was one of those people who’d watch every show every season, although I’d usually at least give shows the 3 episode rule and drop if nothing clicked. 

Having said that, after slowing down to the point where I’d just watch a few shows a year, I’ve been watching Frieren which is one of the best I’ve seen in years! Makes the Frieren DD extremely tempting… ahh, hehe. It’s been getting a bit more… typically shounen (don’t get me wrong, I love me some shounen but really enjoy Frieren for what it is) but I’ve been told by manga readers that it goes back to how it was which is a relief. 🥰
Another that I’ve been watching is Skip and Loafer because I like my sweet shoujo bubble anime, they’re lovely for when things in life get stressful lol. And the OP is adorable! 

Vinyl friends: Stoli (DD Y’shtola), Raili, Yuzuha and Minami-senpai (Azone PureNeemo).
Future friends: DD Alisaie, DD Alphinaud, DD Icon and a TinyFox friend or two. 
Maybe future friends: DD 2B, DD 9S, DD Luka

RyuichiSakuma13

Is Frieren really that good a show?  What is it about?

I'm currently still watching One Piece (of course!), My Dress-up Darling, Dr. Stone, Bungo Stray Dogs, Sasaki and Miyano (I only need to watch the S 2 movie), Attack on Titan, ReLife, Shield Hero S2, Demon Slayer, and Jujutsu Kaisen.

Yeah, I'm kind of playing catch-up.

Ryu

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13

Xiongmao
17 hours ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

Is Frieren really that good a show?  What is it about?

I'm currently still watching One Piece (of course!), My Dress-up Darling, Dr. Stone, Bungo Stray Dogs, Sasaki and Miyano (I only need to watch the S 2 movie), Attack on Titan, ReLife, Shield Hero S2, Demon Slayer, and Jujutsu Kaisen.

Yeah, I'm kind of playing catch-up.

Ryu

Frieren really sets a new standard for anime. Episode 1 was great. The two later main story arcs have been absolutely incredible. Spy x Family ultimately failed to deliver, but Frieren has been consistently brilliant. It's one of the few anime I've watched multiple times, because there are just so many details to take in, not least all the little jokes. But of course with a soundtrack by Yoasobi, milet and Evan "Violet Evergarden" Call it was always likely to be good.

Obviously with the elves and their journeys thing it's reminiscent of Lord of the Rings. But the cleverness of the plot was to set it at the end of the big adventure. I've never seen any other show so successfully explore growing old and the passage of time.

For doll collectors there are some really brilliant supporting characters and we can only hope Volks release Fern and maybe even some of the others.

Mushoku Tensei is what would happen if Frieren and Oshi No Ko collided with Re:Zero. My Iori has been out-tsundere'd by the most ridiculously tsundere character ever. This show also has some tremendously funny scenes.

Xiongmao

Now watching 86 and Solo Levelling (Leveling?).

86 has a good main character who might become a DD.

Solo Leveling is slightly better but I don't like their character drawing style - they all have really pointy chins. I think this is a Toho studios one with music by Sawano "Attack on Titan" Hiroyuki, so no expense has been spared.

Both had meh episode 1's, but both episode 2's were pretty good.

To be honest this season's anime have all been ruined by Frieren being so astoundingly brilliant. I'm kind of amazed that Volks made such a decent choice of licensed character for the previous Dolpa.

Bad_Luck

I haven't kept with a lot of anime lately, mostly because the sheer amount of anime available today is really overwhelming compared to what was available in the US in the early 2000's. My ADHD brain short-circuits trying to figure out what to watch, and then I just end up falling back on my old comfort anime 😅

The last anime I got really into was Akatsuki no Yona/ Yona of the Dawn a few years ago. I love the way the characters are developed and how they interact with each other, and the story is engaging. I explain to people that it's like Fushigi Yuugi back in the day, but without so much of the melodrama (no shade to Fushigi Yuugi, it's still one of my favorites!) I do vastly prefer the manga, though. The artwork is gorgeous, and I think the anime suffered from not being particularly well-animated. It also stopped in a really awkward place. It didn't build up to any sort of climax or set up for a second season. I was watching the last few episodes, wondering "How are they going to wrap this up?" and they just...didn't. I think they fell into the typical situation of running out of source material at the time, and maybe because it wasn't popular enough, they never brought it back. But they certainly have enough source material now! I'm currently waiting on volume 41 to come out here, and they're up to 43 in Japan O.O

@Xiongmao , you've convinced me I should check out Frieren! I've been hearing and reading about it everywhere, and it's been so hyped up. I was questioning whether it was really as good as everyone says. But it sounds really cool, so I'll be giving it a try.

My only concern is that if I like it, I'll want the doll! My wallet is already cowering in fear.

baldylox

I've finally had some time to get back to watching anime and there's been some good ones I recently finished up.

Frieren was definitely a good show. The story was great and the characters were fun and interesting.

Dining in Dungeon was really fun.  I like D&D styled shows and this one took an entirely new view of it.  I love cooking animes and this one showcases food almost every episode, albeit extremely weird foods.  Still it has good action stuff and fun characters.

Kengan Ashura was not something I thought I would like wholly because of the art style.  It's all CGI and it moves wonky quite often.  But for a fighting show, it delivers big time.  Crazy fights with crazy fighters and even crazier backers for the fighters.  They parody a lot of the big names from Japan like Nintendo, Panasonic and even McDonalds!  That owner is basically Ronald McDonald.  It's hilarious.

Even tho I own the DVD set for this show, I rewatched Gankotsuou because it's a wonderful series.  It's based on the book "The Count of Monte Cristo" and the visuals are amazing.  Of course the story is good and even tho I usually watch my anime in Japanese with subs, this ones English track is great.  Sure there are moments when it stumbles but overall it's a familiar cast ( half the main characters are Bleach VA's ) and The Count has a perfect voice for his character.

I'm almost caught up with Shangri-La Frontier and I love it.  It's super fun to watch and the main character is such a goof.  It's another virtual reality video game scenario but the main guy isn't used to playing good games, he prefers trashy crappy games instead.  So when he encounters and actual good game, he goes nuts and gains crazy stats due to his awkward ways of doing things.  Definitely give this one a watch.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, baldylox said:

I've finally had some time to get back to watching anime and there's been some good ones I recently finished up.

If you haven't seen it, Lycoris Recoil is great. I'd throw money at Volks fast if they made a Chisato DDS

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao
15 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

If you haven't seen it, Lycoris Recoil is great. I'd throw money at Volks fast if they made a Chisato DDS

There are some Lycoris Recoil DD outfits floating around on YJA right now. We have the regular uniforms plus we also acquired their normal outfits in a heated bidding war. I just need the wigs and to also figure out how to tie Chisato's hair piece. In the meantime, doesn't Len make a great Chisato 😁.

We also have the Lycoris Pureneemos coming. They are already quite difficult to find, and are taking it in turns to become the grail. I believe Chisato is slightly more popular, but last weekend I found her straight away then spent hours looking for Takina.

As for other anime, 86 is well worth a look. It has a great story and Lena would be a fabulous DD.

Mushoku Tensei is vaguely Frieren related but has some ecchi scenes some viewers might not appreciate. Eris would be a great cosplay for Iori, and the beast people are awesome.

But this household is most excited for Blue Archive. Picking up Serika's outfit last year was very fortunate indeed. The first episode airs in a few days. There are some teasers on YouTube.

Oh and Re:Zero is re re re turning so this could be a great opportunity for Volks to reboot Rem and Ram!

I'm now reading the Frieren manga. The anime is virtually a frame by frame reproduction so there's nothing new until the later volumes where it overtakes the anime. Mushoku Tensei has some great moments and some dire episodes. Frieren is consistently brilliant. I actually enjoyed the "quiet" episode 11 more than the crazy episode 10. Also many of the best characters aren't introduced until later in the season. There are just so many characters that would make brilliant custom dolls. As it's a journey, I'm sure there will be even more fantastic characters to meet.

spacer.png

Giallo_Gatta

I just started the third season of Sailor Moon Crystal. I haven't gotten this far in the story before, so I'm excited to see where this goes! 🪐

• Like 1