Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lala Lolita

Normal BJD Eyes on DDs

Lala Lolita

Do any of you put normal BJD eyes, not animetic, in your DD heads?

What are your thoughts on this?

How do they look?

Do you have pictures?

@blushingbjd

Shigematsu

I know one of my friends does this. I find it looks better on girls with small eye sizes rather than larger ones. Here are 2 of his girls with blue Enchanted Doll eyes in 16mm.

image.php?album_id=147&image_id=678&mode=thumbnail

image.php?album_id=147&image_id=679&mode=thumbnail

DivinitaAria

I think they looks nice in the girls with smaller eye wells as well as the more realistic faces like Rise and Alna I'd love to get some for Rise in 18mm

But the BJD eyes in, say, Mikuru or any 24mm dolls would look spooky and like a scary looking ->

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

waha

Some people on 2ch put large-ish glass eyes in their DDs, only had one photo saved on my laptop but it should give you the general idea:

1337213758065.jpg

Now actually finding large eyes like that seems trickier.

Misheru

I have a couple of older pics of Misheru with non-animetic eyes. She took really large ones, I think these are 24mm (purple) and 22mm (red) - would have liked these larger.

The purple are realistic acrylic/glastic and the red are custom glass.

eyes2_zps168d181a.jpg

eyes1_zpsbbb871cf.jpg

I think regular eyes can be a cute option, though I personally prefer animetic ones for my DDs. Many of my Obitsus have regular/realistic eyes. My resin (Toph) has custom glass.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

JChiibs

Tamayuki has always had glass eyes (from Volks.)

7768284830_2ba2ee4398.jpg

7804263530_773c5fe780.jpg

Although sometimes I do have to watch out for the lighting because it can make him look really surprised.

8289763299_ba6f925971.jpg

Overall I really love them and unlike some they have a swirly pattern in the colored part of the glass that gives them a lot of depth. I have considered any more DD boys I do that they most likely will have glass eyes instead of the anime eyes because it helps them stand apart from the girls.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

littlebearries

My girl, Jun, wears Enchanted Doll Urethane Eyes in 18mm:

8244808314_2003013085.jpg

8345631463_8183c023ac.jpg

I personally love them, and I've been contemplating putting Urethanes in Alna for quite some time... the color is so rich and it gets rid of that "STARE" feeling I sometimes get from the animatic eyes... where it feels to me like the dolls just have this unfocused stare.

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

Yuan

Something about the way your Jun wears those eyes make them look so full of life, whereas the 2ch picture earlier up the thread seems to give more of that glossed-over soulless or yandere look.

Urethane eyes are definitely my favorite for the more realistic eyes, they are so full of depth and catch the light of the camera so well.

Suzuna

Unless it's Alna or Rise, the "normal" bjd eyes on a DD tend to freak me out. To fill the eye socket properly on an anime doll you have to get giant eyes and then they look odd, or you don't fill the eye socket and get what would be proportional if they were a regular doll and they have this tiny iris in the middle. Just not my cup of tea.

Milk

For me normal bjd eyes only work well with head molds which have eyeshapes more similiar to our own human eye. It always looks a bit off if the eye is too long in height, but has a round pupil. Rise and Mari are good examples when it doesn't look so "unsettling", and more natural.

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

KittyFields

I think regular doll eyes look great in DDs with small eyes (e.g. Rise). In fact, I plan on putting regular eyes in my Kos-Mos since I feel her DD eyes are too anime-looking compared to her actual art and game models.

I've tried putting regular eyes in my Chii MNM head (whose eyes are very DD shaped) and it is absolutely TERRIFYING in my opinion. She's a cute head, but with regular eyes she looks like she could eat your soul.

>.<

evilbluepoptart
My girl, Jun, wears Enchanted Doll Urethane Eyes in 18mm:

8244808314_2003013085.jpg

8345631463_8183c023ac.jpg

I personally love them, and I've been contemplating putting Urethanes in Alna for quite some time... the color is so rich and it gets rid of that "STARE" feeling I sometimes get from the animatic eyes... where it feels to me like the dolls just have this unfocused stare.

To be quite honest I typically think normal BJD eyes in DDs are quite creepy. But Jun looks amazing in these. I think it has to do with the thick black ring around the green that makes them look like circle lenses used to enlarge human eyes and make it look more doll like. She is so lovely

DJStarstryker

I have a Rise and I put some normal BJD eyes in her temporarily. I didn't like it. I thought it looked creepy.

I do like Littlebearries' Jun though, so it probably depends on which eyes you get.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^

littlebearries

For me, it

To be quite honest I typically think normal BJD eyes in DDs are quite creepy. But Jun looks amazing in these. I think it has to do with the thick black ring around the green that makes them look like circle lenses used to enlarge human eyes and make it look more doll like. She is so lovely

Agree, I think the dark ring around the outer iris is important (and something you can specifically order with Urethane, which is a feature I LOVE... although because of the way the urethane eyes are made/shaped, I've found they often look darker around the edges in photographs), but for me, it's also the top of the eye... it has to appear darker where it touches the top of the eye-hole. If you look at animatic eyes, a good portion of them are darker at the top, if not flat out black... and for me, if that darkness doesn't extend down to touch the top of the pupil, it looks weird.

Another important feature, for me, is a large pupil... I always feel like tinier pupils create a "lifeless stare".

Finally, the last difference I've found is that typically, Urethane just reacts better to light... it creates deeper, richer colors, but it also holds the highlights really well... and when it comes to animatic style eyes, highlights are very important... so I think the fact that you usually get this deep, rich color combined with really solid, clear highlights, helps these eyes look at least a little less creepy XD

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

evilbluepoptart
8270479686_eb428070b2_c.jpg

Risette with 16mm eyes, one of each color ^^

These look really nice as well. Very similar to Little berries.

Lala Lolita

Thanks everyone for your input and pics!

Yeah, I think dolls with more realistic noses/faces are well suited to glass eyes, whereas ones like 04 heads or the like are a big no no for glass eyes.

@blushingbjd

Jezrah
But for me, it's also the top of the eye... it has to appear darker where it touches the top of the eye-hole. If you look at animatic eyes, a good portion of them are darker at the top, if not flat out black... and for me, if that darkness doesn't extend down to touch the top of the pupil, it looks weird.

Another important feature, for me, is a large pupil... I always feel like tinier pupils create a "lifeless stare".

Finally, the last difference I've found is that typically, Urethane just reacts better to light... it creates deeper, richer colors, but it also holds the highlights really well... and when it comes to animatic style eyes, highlights are very important... so I think the fact that you usually get this deep, rich color combined with really solid, clear highlights, helps these eyes look at least a little less creepy XD

I agree with this, I think the dark upper part is really important. Usually the reason a DD will look creepy or yandere with normal eyes is because the pupils aren't partially hidden under the upper lid. Placement is really important.

yhst-70052297082953_2247_5077301

This is from VolksUSA's wig pictures. Even though Yukino has really big eye sockets, these look good because of the darkness at the tops and the placement. Having the pupils under the upper lids is more important than having the iris touch the lower lid.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

PandaInASweater

I am planning on getting a pair of BJD eyes for my first MDD girl when I get her. I really like the way some of them look~

Current Family: Elliot(DD Yui) FOR SALE

Unicorns:

1.Lucy Maria Misora

2.Aoko Aozaki

3.MOMO

Lala Lolita
I am planning on getting a pair of BJD eyes for my first MDD girl when I get her. I really like the way some of them look~

Please, post pictures! And what head are you getting, do you know?

@blushingbjd

sakuraryoko

I'm really surprised how good Rise looks with non animetic eyes! She's so cute!

Lala Lolita
I'm really surprised how good Rise looks with non animetic eyes! She's so cute!

I know, that's what made me think to make this thread! She's very pretty.

@blushingbjd

PandaInASweater
Please, post pictures! And what head are you getting, do you know?

I will! I have not decided which head I am getting yet

Current Family: Elliot(DD Yui) FOR SALE

Unicorns:

1.Lucy Maria Misora

2.Aoko Aozaki

3.MOMO