Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Misheru

Danny Choo Mirai Suenaga doll [NSFW] nude doll bits

Misheru

Danny posted this today (I am sure many of you saw it), but I didn't see a thread yet so I thought I would mention it. I found the process interesting.

He has made a resin version of his mascot, Mirai Suenaga. It seems that he approached numerous doll companies and they did not pick up the project, so he did it himself.

She is resin, but looks like a DD. She is very pretty. I don't know if he would ever get her into full production, but I found it interesting.

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/26835/Rapid+Prototyping+and+You.html

dannymirai_zps6f54a09b.jpg

What do you guys think of her? Did you find the doll-making process?

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

Shailara

Oh wow she's adorable ^-^ And I really like her body~!

But I gotta admit, reading all that about the printer-thingy, seemed more like magic rather than science to me @_@;;;

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Misheru

I know. My husband explained all about 3D printing to me, but it still seemed out of this world.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

katnaper

He mentioned something about sharing the fie for the head? Just imagine how one can manipulate that to make a masculine anime head...

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Kumi

Only the prototype is from resin, because it's the material for 3D-printing.

But he mentioned something about making molds for vinyl parts and internal frame so I think, that "final" version of his Mirai will be much more DD-like.

But the whole process of 3D modelling and printing is awesome (yes, I'm an engineer )

moonfaery

I would be so thrilled if she became available for sale! 3D printing is just so cool and crazy! I found out in one of my classes that they are trying to print 3D organs!

Hubby & mine's Girls: Kana (Saber Extra), Serena (Momo), Taki (Cirno), Allora (06), Mizuki (Nanami)

JChiibs
I found out in one of my classes that they are trying to print 3D organs!

Yup, there is some pretty awesome uses for 3D printing.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Yukamina

That's pretty incredible!

I think it'd be better to cast the 3D printed parts into proper resin, though. Instead of orange parts painted to be skin tone, it's better if they were cast in skin tone resin. Then you wouldn't have to worry about paint chipping or anything. Plus you could make multiple copies that way!

I can't really wrap my head around 3D modelling and printing. On one hand it looks really handy, but at the same time, you need some sort of expensive factory to print/produce it for you :( I'd also take more pride in the finished product if I knew it looked good because I was good at sculpting and not because the program can generate and tweak it for me (I'm an amateur doll sculptor). Also I'm just more hands on with my art stuffs.

jadepixel

Wow~! That's impressive!

I've got some friends who're into 3D printing, but the quality of the output is not as smooth or fine. Of course the printer and supplies are much cheaper, too, at that level. In most cases the color of plastics available is very limited- the idea is to make a prototype that you can recast and not a final product.

Strangely a lot of folks in Japan seem averse to using CAD for doll design. I don't quite understand why, as you can see it takes plenty of knowledge and labor to make a doll this way!

Kumi

Part of this new post smells a lot of April Fools, but looks like Mirai got to the vinyl cast and at least some assembled pieces.

How To Mass Produce Your Own Products

8609997650_73fd72df4e_o.jpg

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/26900/How+To+Mass+Produce+Your+Own+Products.html

Don't know, which part is the joke, but Danny says about running out of money and making only few complete sets of Mirai. I'm not quite believing this, but...

mangaemi

Flat out jealousy - but geez he's just got all these great connections to just make all these random products! XD

He's posted a new photo on FB and I'd be curious to see how it poses and what the price would really be if they did go into production. Did notice she's got the pushbutton style nips like on the DDdy... not a fan of those, think they should be sanded down.. XD

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

JChiibs
Did notice she's got the pushbutton style nips like on the DDdy... not a fan of those, think they should be sanded down.. XD

Ditto.

I really do like how the lower edge of the bust was done to make a lovely almost seamless transition. Not too fond of the head though, something just seems off and I can't pinpoint what it is exactly.

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

katnaper

Have you seen the part where he incorporated some robotics to make it interactive? Gah, I'd love to have one for sure and hubby too just to see how it works.

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Kumi

The robotic part has the most of the April Fools smell XD

JChiibs

I didn't comment on that because I couldn't quite figure out if that was that April Fool's day part. It seems plausible and yet there was quite a few comments pointing out some of the errors in it. I still found the whole process really fascinating. If the robot part was possible, Raven would want her instantly.

~Sister Kyoya

Jezrah

Haha I wish the robotics part was true. If it was, he said he'd be at CMU in July, and that would be exiting to me since I live really near to CMU. I'd certainly be tempted to go stalk him.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

katnaper

It could still be possible what with the Dancing Dollfie and all

nogo171
Looks like the Mirai Dollfie is becoming a reality:

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/26928/Mirai+Suenaga+Doll.html

Within 1 month, he's surely made an incredible process so I might have faith in his words of this year pre ordering plan, at least for a non-smarted version.

At home Haruka (Haruka Niimi), Akira (Akira), Saber (Saber Alter), Madoka (Madoka SQ-Lab), Rise (Rise Kujikawa), Yukiho (Yukiho Hagiwara) & Touka (DDH-07)

KittyFields

Wow, I so want the Smart Doll version.

Yukamina

Did he say anywhere what the doll parts are held together with? Like a DD/original plastic skeleton, or string, or...?

edit: Nevermind, the latest post finally explains...

JChiibs

I am in total awe. It's really amazing that the robotics version is being worked on. I think Raven's going to keel over when he sees that. I'd love to have one around. Raven and I have talked about something like this for years. Persicoms or Angelic Layer anyone? Even just the basic doll version has a stunning body that I'd LOVE to design clothes for.

~Sister Kyoya

mangaemi

I'm really skeptical about the robotics - maybe it will be able to 'dance' but say connected to a stand or something. Seeing how that gal can be a tad top heavy I'd be very very surprised if it could move about without it being connected to something that was sturdy.

Geez.. him and his connections, phew. So jealous ova here... ;D

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

nogo171

I'm sure everyone is excited about the smart doll. Who is not going to love an android. The only thing here is the price tag ^^. However, I have high hope that the price tag for the standard version will probably be more affordable than standard dolls as what he stated since his market is much bigger than most doll companies, at least Volks. There is no point releasing a product that can only please 20% of the potential market. I think I'll at least afford to get the standard one not only because of Mirai herself but also because the resemblance of my fav 06 head mold

At home Haruka (Haruka Niimi), Akira (Akira), Saber (Saber Alter), Madoka (Madoka SQ-Lab), Rise (Rise Kujikawa), Yukiho (Yukiho Hagiwara) & Touka (DDH-07)

Kumi

8709397207_d5a843dc58_z.jpg

There's more to her face than only 06 resemblance. I'd say she's having traces of Yuki, too.

Very pretty face and a good job, both from the sculptor and from the faceup artist (Ronronshuka knows the matter well).

And to think, that this face was 3D modeled in the computer...