Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Nanoza

Predict the next girls at dolpa

SchroedingersCat
I'm going to be a little mean here and say that there's more likely that Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura will turn out to be resins. Since the series is popular and aimed towards girls.

I second this.

So far, no girl from any anime mostly aimed towards girls has been made into a Dollfie Dream, but they've rather been made into Super Dollfies.

Rozen Maiden, Creamy Mami, Chobits.

Chobits is aimed at girls? Since when?

Given that it was published in Young magazine, which is aimed at adult males, I find this highly unlikely. Certainly it has some appeal to women, how not when it was created by CLAMP? But to even suggest that women are its primary audience is one hell of a stretch given the content of the story.

Rozen Maiden is also aimed at adult males. I can't comment on Creamy Mami though, I know nothing about it.

Now with +/- 15% more uncertainty!

Bloodflower
I'm going to be a little mean here and say that there's more likely that Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura will turn out to be resins. Since the series is popular and aimed towards girls.

I second this.

So far, no girl from any anime mostly aimed towards girls has been made into a Dollfie Dream, but they've rather been made into Super Dollfies.

Given that it was published in Young magazine, which is aimed at adult males, I find this highly unlikely. Certainly it has some appeal to women, how not when it was created by CLAMP? But to even suggest that women are its primary audience is one hell of a stretch given the content of the story.

Rozen Maiden is also aimed at adult males. I can't comment on Creamy Mami though, I know nothing about it.

You know that primary target audience(decided mostly by the publisher) and the real audience to a series can be completely different right?

Pretty Cure and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic are two series that proves that pretty well.

Rozen Maiden is a big hit with the japanese lolita culture and that's probably one of many reasons why they turned them into resins since resins are more aimed towards women and vinyls are aimed towards men in Japan. Also them Lolitas loves their resins.

Any character design CLAMP makes are and will be popular amongst girls. Independent of what the publisher decided to make their target audience. Same goes for Peach-Pit's lolita designs.

And, as we said, both Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura are AIMED and POPULAR amongst females. That'll make it even more likely that, if we'll get any of the characters as dolls, they'll be resins.

Corellia(DD Marya), Sirius(DDS Sirius), Luka(DDdy OOB N-04), Alessa(DDdy Sakura Honya Head) Genma(Azone Kanojo)

DivinitaAria

I typed out this same thing once but didn't post it

I agree with you.

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

DivinitaAria
When do we know about the girls?:)

End of March/beginning of April? Somewhere around there.

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Bellatrix
When do we know about the girls?:)

End of March/beginning of April? Somewhere around there.

I mean, on the DD blog?

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

donpablo
I'm predicting they will attempt to empty everyone's pockets with... Belldandy, from Ah My Goddess!

This is me dreaming. I eventually want all three goddesses in Dollfie Dream form. Maybe even Mara. I want Mara and Urd DD girls! O_O

Mother of god... my only hope is that they come out to be hideous because otherwise there would be no hope for me.

Kumi

Mwahahahaha...

There should be a big sign "Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate" on our forum's banner above, and on Volks' DD pages as well

Bellatrix
Mwahahahaha...

There should be a big sign "Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate" on our forum's banner above, and on Volks' DD pages as well

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

SchroedingersCat

You know that primary target audience(decided mostly by the publisher) and the real audience to a series can be completely different right?

Pretty Cure and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic are two series that proves that pretty well.

Rozen Maiden is a big hit with the japanese lolita culture and that's probably one of many reasons why they turned them into resins since resins are more aimed towards women and vinyls are aimed towards men in Japan. Also them Lolitas loves their resins.

Any character design CLAMP makes are and will be popular amongst girls. Independent of what the publisher decided to make their target audience. Same goes for Peach-Pit's lolita designs.

The primary audience of an entertainment product is determined by the author, not the publisher. Publishing a story aimed at adult males in a female centric magazine, or vice versa, changes nothing about the story's intended audience. It may merely expand or reduce that audience based on how well word of mouth spreads the information. It is, however, often a strong indicator which is why I mentioned the magazine.

Chobits is specifically aimed at adult males not because of the magazine it was published in, but because of the heavy philosophical science fiction elements that are core to the storyline. The questions asked by the characters of the series are heavy, post-modern insights which have more in common with Ghost in the Shell than they do with any traditionally female oriented story.

Sure Chobits is popular with women, CLAMP are some of the best writers on the planet. They create stories and characters that anyone can identify with on an emotional level, but this doesn't magically shift the real audience to another demographic. It expands the audience peripherally.

I can definitely make the same argument about Rozen Maiden. Do you truly believe that a story about supernatural dolls on a quest to savagely murder one another in an inhumane competition is going to have a female audience as a principle demographic? Again, the awesome Lolita costume designs peripherally expand the audience, they don't retarget it.

Your points, however, are well made. Yes, a story/product can have a substantial audience outside of the primary targeted group. Often this is large enough that additional related merchandise can be targeted specifically toward that demographic, and Friendship is Magic is a very good example of this. However if you believe that changes it's target audience then I suggest you visit a preschool sometime soon.

Edit: I just realised that this could be read as me being very arrogant. I apologise if that is the case, it is not my intent.

Edited by Guest

Bloodflower

The primary audience of an entertainment product is determined by the author, not the publisher. Publishing a story aimed at adult males in a female centric magazine, or vice versa, changes nothing about the story's intended audience. It may merely expand or reduce that audience based on how well word of mouth spreads the information. It is, however, often a strong indicator which is why I mentioned the magazine.

Your points, however, are well made. Yes, a story/product can have a substantial audience outside of the primary targeted group. Often this is large enough that additional related merchandise can be targeted specifically toward that demographic, and Friendship is Magic is a very good example of this. However if you believe that changes it's target audience then I suggest you visit a preschool sometime soon.

Yes, the author makes the story based on what they want as the target audience. But it's the publisher's call at the end. So the final target audience is based on who the publisher thinks will read it. As with many of the entertainment medias, it's rarely the author that makes those kinds of calls in the end.

I never said anything about Chobits and Rozen Maiden's specific target audience and your last sentence is on the border of being rude.

But let's try to end this conversation. It's off-topic and may go out of control. That'll help the mods a lot too.

Corellia(DD Marya), Sirius(DDS Sirius), Luka(DDdy OOB N-04), Alessa(DDdy Sakura Honya Head) Genma(Azone Kanojo)

SchroedingersCat

I never said anything about Chobits and Rozen Maiden's specific target audience and your last sentence is on the border of being rude.

But let's try to end this conversation. It's off-topic and may go out of control. That'll help the mods a lot too.

Yes, I realise that my last statement may come off that way. I apologise.

Bloodflower

Yes, I realise that my last statement may come off that way. I apologise.

No hard feelings here. ^^

OT: Maybe a Tales Of doll will happen? I know that Tales of Abyss is fujoshi territory but Milla Maxwell from Xillia is quite popular.

Coffee

Came to think of it, Dangan Ronpa has became really popular lately.

I guess there's a chance Volks might pick it up.

Not sure though.

Mina - DDS Millhi, Lucy - DDS Melty, Sammy - DDII Sakuno, Ellie - MDD DDH-01, Niki - MDD Mayu, Sasha - DDIII Miku

WoundedNight64
Came to think of it, Dangan Ronpa has became really popular lately.

I guess there's a chance Volks might pick it up.

Not sure though.

They certainly have a varied amount of characters ^_^ Maybe one day?

At home; DDH-07 'Medea',

Saving for; A body and Saber Lily ^_^

Waiting for:

misskale

I second this.

It's worth noting though that Chii was before DDs (and was the basis for the 01 head).

Rozen Maiden also make more sense to have as SDs because of their story.

Creamy Mami though is harder to be sure. I still think it's the combo of it being the anniversary and the art like this. Resin would give the doll a softness that DDs don't always have.

mangaemi

I second this.

That may be true but there are *tons* of plastic/resin figures of these shows that are *not* aimed at a young/female audience. So I don't necessarily think just because it's a girl show it will be done more as a resin gal is necessarily true. There are fanboys who love Sailormoon just as much too. Chobits was a show for males -- esp since it was rather perverted at times.. XD But who cares, long as they eventually release them I'd get them in a heartbeat (or at least get the clothes then put it on a DD lol)

After getting the Shining Hearts artbook from Udon there are still a lot of really pretty gals they could make in to a DD.. esp the cat/fox girls. I'm surprised Volks hasn't jumped at those yet.

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

aiRreyes

I have a feeling that there would be another release of the "To Heart 2" girls Sasara and Tamaki's new version ohhhh grail to own my very own Tamaki one day?

6853819370_62b89ea6a5_t.jpg

Home: ~Soleil~ (DD Sendo Erika) ~Lilith~ (DDS Melty) ~Quinzel~ (DDH-07) ~Haruka~ (DD Mio)

aiRreyes

It's worth noting though that Chii was before DDs (and was the basis for the 01 head).

Volks actually did make a Chii in the form of an SD 10 years ago. She came out at DollPa 9: http://www.angelden.net/volks/sd10/chii.php

ohhhhhh didn't know about that

6853819370_62b89ea6a5_t.jpg

Home: ~Soleil~ (DD Sendo Erika) ~Lilith~ (DDS Melty) ~Quinzel~ (DDH-07) ~Haruka~ (DD Mio)

Amara77

I'm not holding my breath or anything but I think there's a pretty good chance they may make the sailor moon girls at some point, I mean they're making Asuna I don't think SAO is only geared toward a male audience.

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Ultimaknight
Well there always seems to be a TYPE-MOON girl released every year.

Since Aoko was released last year, maybe see Alice Kuonji sometime this year.

Maybe a re-release of Rin Tohsaka under Fate / Extra brand. Maybe even do Caster.

And I never rule out the idea that may one day release Rider.

Well can cross Alice off the list

AntElitist

The next dollpa after Alice and Asuna? IDOLM@STER!

Bloodflower
The next dollpa after Alice and Asuna? IDOLM@STER!

Shush, don't spoil it.