Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

Obitsu 45cm & MDD body comparison UPDATED

waha

Obitsu/Parabox bodies are between NS and WS. Closer to NS though hence why they work so well for DD heads.

DSC_3399.jpg

WS, NS, Obitsu/Parabox

littlebearries
Obitsu/Parabox bodies are between NS and WS. Closer to NS though hence why they work so well for DD heads.

Thank you!

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

Remina

Just wondering, is her SQ-LAB head white skin?

Thanks Billy for a very detailed post. It was really helpful so that I was confident enough to get my very first but certainly not the last 45cm body . Hope you don't mind I'm populating your thread =.=!

So sorry for the NSFW pic but she doesn't have any clothes yet but might be useful for folks who want to see head/body proportion and skin tone comparison .

She is a custom SQ-Lab Madoka head mold on a Parabox 45cm body - S bust & white skin. FYI, the grayforce neck piece is used to attache her head. It was a bit loose because the neck hole is bigger but small piece of blue-tac will help

Edited by Guest

nogo171
Is it normal skin or white skin?

The body is white skin but she is meant to be a DD normal skin . Actually, I think Parabox body so far is only available in white skin - the one that come closes to DD normal

Just wondering, is her SQ-LAB head is white skin?

Her head is SQ lab normal skin

At home Haruka (Haruka Niimi), Akira (Akira), Saber (Saber Alter), Madoka (Madoka SQ-Lab), Rise (Rise Kujikawa), Yukiho (Yukiho Hagiwara) & Touka (DDH-07)

Janeway

The Kid Luts dress that l got Rini is too short for her and l think it would be better on a obitsu 40cm then a 45cm oh well. Here is the Rini in the dress.

cdd098cd-030e-4220-af15-0fcc1d51a8a7_zps72b8d32c.jpg

baldylox

That doesn't look too bad to me. But I kinda like shorter dresses... That looks to be right above her knees, where was it supposed to sit?

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Janeway

The dress above her knees (it's hard to tell in the picture due to her bodysuit). I tried to get her to sit with the dress on and it didn't look right.

I'm going to try a dollmore kids dress on her and see if l like that better.

baldylox
The dress above her knees (it's hard to tell in the picture due to her bodysuit). I tried to get her to sit with the dress on and it didn't look right.

I'm going to try a dollmore kids dress on her and see if l like that better.

Ahh I see. Sorry it didn't work out for you. It's super cute tho, let me know if you want to sell it, I'm sure one of my MDD girls would love it.

Billy

Janeway

Rini got her dollmore stuff in the mail today and it fits. Mind you they send me the wrong color of shirt and the shirt and dress were done in a hurry due to the dress has fraying ends etc.

a7bcbca7-805a-4cb3-964d-fb776e5d8523_zpsed224a2f.jpg

Shinozaki Lolita

Oh no... My wallet cries

Eustia

I'm quite interested in these, thanks to this thread... and the fact Volks hardly ever restocks their MDD bodies. But I have two questions;

How do you attach DD heads to the Obitsu bodies, since they seem to use a different system, and which Obitsu skin tones match which Volks ones?

Shinozaki Lolita
I'm quite interested in these, thanks to this thread... and the fact Volks hardly ever restocks their MDD bodies. But I have two questions;

How do you attach DD heads to the Obitsu bodies, since they seem to use a different system, and which Obitsu skin tones match which Volks ones?

The skin color of DD Head is a little bit darker then Obitsu 50cm Head

1) Firstly open the head cap.

2) Pull the head out together with the internal neck attachment tube.

3) Unscrew the screw located inside the neck attachment

4) Unassembly the neck attachment parts.

5) Place the spring part inside DD's head and place the tube outside the head.

Press the spring and screw it at the bottom. This is the most difficult step.

7) Push the neck attachment tube inside Obitsu body's neck

8) Finished ! DD head is now installed on an Obitsu body.

Note: I copied this from Mimiwoo.

Hope that helps!

JChiibs

Skin color: the Obitsu white is pretty darn close to Volks normal skin. My Rainie, Ringo, & Tamayuki all have Obitsu & Volks body pieces and they look just fine.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Shinozaki Lolita
Skin color: the Obitsu white is pretty darn close to Volks normal skin. My Rainie, Ringo, & Tamayuki all have Obitsu & Volks body pieces and they look just fine.

~Sister Kyoya

And if you do blushing you can't see almost no diffrence

Shinozaki Lolita

The skin color of DD Head is a little bit darker then Obitsu 50cm Head

DD50-01.jpg

1) Firstly open the head cap.

DD50-02.jpg

2) Pull the head out together with the internal neck attachment tube.

DD50-03.jpg

3) Unscrew the screw located inside the neck attachment

DD50-04.jpg

4) Unassembly the neck attachment parts.

DD50-05.jpg

5) Place the spring part inside DD's head and place the tube outside the head.

Press the spring and screw it at the bottom. This is the most difficult step.

DD50-06.jpg

DD50-07.jpg

7) Push the neck attachment tube inside 50cm body's neck

DD50-08.jpg

Hope that helps and sorry for spam DX

• Like 1

JChiibs
And if you do blushing you can't see almost no diffrence

I've never had to worry about that.

15723045398_c3f59af549_z.jpg

Ringo (left) Has an Obitsu 45cm body, MDD bust, 01 modded head and insists on using MDD hands.

Rainie (right) also has an Obitsu 45cm body, MDD bust, 01 modded head but uses the Obitsu hands.

(Ignore Ralph in the background. Don't worry, we normally do. )

15908596011_cf2138b8bc_z.jpg

Notice Ringo's MDD hand in front of Rainie's arm. If you can tell a color difference pretty much no one else will. It more looks like lighting, but if I hadn't been pointing it out I really doubt anyone would have seen it anyway.

8520732308_00505baa87_z.jpg

Rainie's Obitsu shoulder joints next to the MDD NS bust.

9526584033_3d94de73b9_z.jpg

In here you can't even tell that Ringo's hand is different from her arm.

9526554471_1f48fbb77d_z.jpg

Tamayuki on an MDD body with the Obitsu 45cm boy bust. The color difference is a bit more noticeable here but not by much.

8107702441_a67b8fc5b9_z.jpg

Even in much brighter lighting the the variation between his bust and the rest of him is insignificant. I really wouldn't bother with blushing the body, especially with the likelyhood of clothes rubbing it off anyway. (Our DD are very highly active.) Then it would look odd.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Manoogany

I have A MDD and a 40cm Obitsu body, both normal skin if anyone would like to see comparison pictures of them ^^

Janeway

l am working on getting a boy obitsu 45cm in the house. I am using a Henzel/Misha head on a obitsu 45boy body. I am going crazy trying to think of two names to use Finn from adventure Time or Stewart from family guy.

risapi

I am wondering if this is normal, I tried to find other comparison but I just feel like this neck is just to long but this came as a set.

don't know how to add image though but It is in my stash from deviantart I use

https://sta.sh/0xd783nizzd

I still need to clean her up as she got stain, but is this normal for a obitsu 40cm?

K-2
I am wondering if this is normal, I tried to find other comparison but I just feel like this neck is just to long but this came as a set. I still need to clean her up as she got stain, but is this normal for a obitsu 40cm?

No, that does not look normal, but due to the graininess of the image it's hard to tell what's going on; if the neck piece isn't seated correctly in the body or the head or if it's a proper head for a 40cm body. Any chance of getting a better image?

Can you read any ID marks molded into the back of the head?

Also an image of the entire bust piece (showing the bottom edge) would be helpful.

The bottom of the head has a hemispherical depression that goes up into the head. There is a lozenge shaped hole in this depression where the neck piece comes through into the head. On the outside, the top of the neck should fit comfortably into that depression.

Open the head by removing the head cap (upper portion of the head). If the cap is tight and hard to remove, heating the head with a hair dryer will soften the vinyl allowing for easier removal. The top of the neck piece should protrude into the head and look something like this:

020.jpg

This is a larger head so with a typical 40cm head things will be quite a bit closer together.

The locking collar should be completely inside the head with the edges of the vinyl tucked underneath it, fitting up to the two grooves in the bottom of the locking collar.

It should not look like the head on the right with the neck piece just jammed up into the neck hole.

013.jpg

If this is confusing or you are new to the internals of Obitsu 40/45/50cm bodies, it might be worth your time to go through this tutorial on the "new" Obitsu neck piece.

http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=66

If the head is attached correctly to the neck piece, another possibility is that the neck piece isn't seated completely in the body.

First you will need to remove the head. From the back of the head, grasp the head firmly just above the neck. While twisting back and forth, pull the head up away from the body.

003.jpg

If you grasped the head firmly enough, the neck piece should come off with the head, without dislodging. If the neck piece has become dislodged from the head, the New Obitsu Neck Piece tutorial Linked above will help you get it back on correctly.

004.jpg

Look in the top of the neck and verify that the neck attachment part is centered and pointing straight up towards the top of the neck. If it isn’t you can squeeze the neck and move the attachment to adjust it.

012.jpg

Then grasp the head and neck piece assembly as you did while removing it and fit the neck piece into the top of the vinyl. Gently push the head/neck piece down till it encounters the neck attachment. You might have to wiggle the neck piece around a little to get it to seat properly on the attachment. Once you feel the connection is made you can push the head/neck piece down the rest of the way.

don't know how to add image though but It is in my stash from deviantart I use

https://sta.sh/0xd783nizzd

MVSig.jpg

risapi

Yeah mine was like the one on the right is just never realized til now. Been 3 years or 4 I forgot just never got to putting her together

nati

Thank you so much for this amazing topic! I'm new to vinyl doll community - although I've been collecting resin dolls for years - and since I've just adopted an Azone doll on Obitsu 45 body, after reading your post I'm quite sure I made the right decision!

Thank you ❤️

• Like 1

baldylox
16 hours ago, nati said:

Thank you so much for this amazing topic! I'm new to vinyl doll community - although I've been collecting resin dolls for years - and since I've just adopted an Azone doll on Obitsu 45 body, after reading your post I'm quite sure I made the right decision!

Thank you ❤️

I'm glad it helped you out!  You are welcome!  We're glad to have you here so feel free to post any questions you might have and enjoy the place!

Billy

• Like 1