The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mitsuki

DDIII versus DDII (updated: DDdyIII and DDdy added)

mitsuki

Warning, there is dollfie nudity.

6063527127_fe1386ee21.jpg

DDII (Shinobu on the left, S-bust) versus DDIII (Rin on the right, M-bust)

6064073812_8bc95b05f5.jpg

6064074302_fb138fbe2d.jpg

6064074872_67878d6b60.jpg

6063528609_f53bf80b0b.jpg

DDII bodyline

6064075526_25564ba9e8.jpg

DDIII bodyline

6063529129_79d02639b6.jpg

6064076266_43aaaaa4a4.jpg

6064076604_cd22ba6edd.jpg

(I think they are asking why they are posing nude.)

6064077100_71d351b9ca.jpg

6064077508_85239c6706.jpg

6064077954_5cc3dcddd1.jpg

6063531733_c92a707953.jpg

6064078600_0495f95538.jpg

6063532477_16168f665b.jpg

6064079468_afa60fcae7.jpg

6064079880_81b5517104.jpg

The new body can cross the legs.

6063533607_ccd10aaf66.jpg

6063534041_2a3e3d392d.jpg

6064080990_0d844cc8f5.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Edited by Guest
  • Thanks 1

Galvatim

Thanks for the comparison, Mitsuki! The DDIII's greatly increased range of motion is impressive! Is it just me, or is DDIII taller than DDII?

Suzuna

It looks taller to me too, and like the skintone is a little warmer... This may sound odd Mitsuki, but can the DDIII touch their feet to the back of their head or lay their torsos flat against their legs? Let me include some pictures.

Torso flat against legs - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2_gSaDVu2Co/TKjmMDq1REI/AAAAAAAAAdE/cd6cwXLvzEk/s1600/yoga11.jpg

Feet on back of head. Just pretend, she didn't quite do it - http://www.klyoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Dhanurasana.jpg

And could we also see a comparison with them facing straight to the side? Need to compare that booty!

baldylox

This is a nice comaprison Mitsuki. But.....

WHEN DID YOU GET A DD3 BODY??????

I can't take my eyes off you for two seconds!!

Congrats on getting that, it sure looks nice. And as others have said, it definitely looks to be taller than the DDII body. The butt and torso area also looks a tad thicker for a more rounded butt shape too but maybe that's just me.

How are the sockets at the shoulders where the arms go in? Are they as thick as the DDII ones or are they smaller like the DDS ones?

And I am guessing the same M-bust that goes on a DDII will fit the DD3. I mean, swapping them out for another bust won't present an issue right? It looks to be the same.

Thanks for the comparison shots tho, that's great to see the differences. And also, congrats on Rin! i see she already has some nice eyelashes installed...

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

dreamcore

Wow, the posing ability of the DDIII is quite impressive!

PlasticFantastic

She's taller!

Sooooo cooooool!

I love that she can cross legs! Nice improvements!

DDForum-Signature3.jpg

Please visit my YouTube channel for helpful DD tips, tutorials, and reviews!

mitsuki

The bust is slightly different in the arm holes. Instead of the more open arm holes of the DDII, the DDIII bust has only a small hole that fits the peg that inserts into the shoulder. I wanted to test bust compatibility, so the busts are switched. The M-bust from the DDII might not sit completely the same way, so she might have gained some height. However, the arms fit into their sockets normally so the bust might be completely compatible and she really is taller. I will see if Sakuya is the same height as this DDIII body.

The height difference is fun though. It is nice to have different heights. Shoes make a difference too. Interestingly, the original DDI body is shorter than the DDII body.

I will have to take some more detailed photos of the oshiri for Suzuna.

chun

*giggle* seeing them posing nude is kinda funny Looks like DDIII is a bit taller?

mitsuki

More comparison photos:

6072229666_7203e2e971.jpg

Kasumi (DDdy), Kagami (DDIII, S-bust), and Aoi (DDII, M-bust)

6072230076_955363eea1.jpg

6072230536_4fa3b2ef59.jpg

6071687783_7daa3a78b1.jpg

DDdy

6072231048_edb31478dd.jpg

DDIII

6072231376_65745515b2.jpg

DDII

Photos for Suzuna:

6071688885_84cc9aef68.jpg

6071689211_a8025cd98e.jpg

Suzuna

Baby got back! And she's so flexible, too! I HAVE to get one when they're standard. Thanks a bunch Mitsuki!

dreamcore

Wolfheinrich was tweeting about some negatives of the DDIII design earlier. Did you see that, by chance? And if so, what are your experiences with what he mentioned?

Dolly

Oh wow, thanks so much for the comparison pics! The DDIII looks really nice. ^^ So interesting that it is taller . . . I love to have my dolls be different body types and heights (my resin kids spoiled me in that regard, lol), so I love that there is a bit of height difference. Might give me a good reason to buy a DDII body for one of my girls!

Oh, and sorry to be sorta OT here, but if anyone wanted to see, I found this spiffy comparison of DDIII (Sakuya) vs. DDS (Akira) here: http://fetishroom.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2011-08-21-1

<3 At home: Smartdoll Dimension & Onward 

(*) Wishing for: Dollfie Dream

mitsuki

Thank you for the information, dreamcore. I have never tried this Twitter thing before. Maybe I will see if he posts something on his blog.

Thank you, Dolly. That is a great site. What a wonderful comparison!

Load Ran

Thanks a bunch for posting all those comparisson shots, Mitsuki!

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that Volks gave Sakuya a DDIII body, while Reimu and Marisa have the DDS body, especially since the DDIII is even taller than the DDII! :o I feel bad for someone who really loves Touhou so they want to have all the dolls, then realizes that Sakuya is a head taller than the others!

Waynio

Nice comparison photos!! I can't wait till the DDIII becomes standard. It is also nice to see that the booty is a bit fuller, giving it a better shape. Thanks again for sharing!!

Wayne

baldylox

I thought the DD3 booty looked a bit more round and full. That's good tho, I approve!

I can't believe how much shorter the DDdy is compared to the DD3! That picture was just amazing to me.

Thanks again for the pictures Mitsuki, especially the new ones.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

mitsuki

Thanks, Baldylox. I think the DDdy looks so cute being shorter.

iomi

thanks mitsuki for the comparison photos XD this is interesting ! I'm definitly gonna get a DD3 once it's standard but knowing it's a bit taller with a different shape than the DD2 i might keep some of them for fun XD it's nice to have different heights and shapes.

At home: Rina and Reina( Twins ),DD Neris,Oscar(DD Beatrice),Bunni DD Akira)Melon( DD Yuki.M)Saber Extra(x2), Toki(DD Rise), Saber Alter, Saber Lily and Kudo, Rosalie, Cirno and Kan'u,Melty, Aoko, mika(06), Rin Tohsaka

Averis

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I don't know if I'd convert mine over when they becomes available, but it's good to see how they look/pose.

PrettyCranium
Wolfheinrich was tweeting about some negatives of the DDIII design earlier. Did you see that, by chance? And if so, what are your experiences with what he mentioned?

I think the issue was that a few people had breaks in the skeleton already. Eep.

mitsuki

I know someone else who had trouble with a DDS. The new body has a very different internal structure. I hope nothing happens to anyone's girls.

Saluli

All of the comparative pictures were amazing!

Initially I didn't like the aparence of DDIII, but after your photos... Totally want one!

And the height difference is quite an bonus!! I was quite disapointed when I saw that DDS were almost the same height than DDII....

Now, I want MDD2!

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

mitsuki

Thank you, Saluli! I like the new body too. I totally agree that we need a MDD2!

DefectiveAngel

Thanks so much for posting this.

It's really interesting seeing how different each body type is when compared together. I'm really liking the looks of the DD3 body. I think I'm going to start saving up the money and try to get my Rina this new DD3 body to replace her stained DD2 body. That is if the stain treatments prove unsuccessful on her DD2 body.