The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mitsuki

DDIII versus DDII (updated: DDdyIII and DDdy added)

mitsuki

I am glad you like the post, Defective Angel. I hope Rina is cured or gets a lovely new DD3 body. You can always save Rina's body for a new head you might get. I know I have that problem. I hope the DDS body comes out standard soon.

archangeli
What's the difference between a Dollfie Dream and a Dollfie Dream Dynamite?

The primary difference is the design of the body shape. The bust of the Dollfie Dream Dynamic (DDdy) is larger than the L-size of the regular Dollfie Dream, the waist is slimmer and the hips are wider.

There are 2 types of bust for the DDdy - the Shapely and the Normal. In terms of measurment they're the same size but the breasts are just...er... arranged differently :3 The bust pieces between Dollfie Dreams and the DD Dynamic aren't designed to be shared (you can find some owner tutorials on how to modify them though). The option parts like the head and hands can still be shared.

For the most part, clothes that are designed for Dollfie Dream with Large bust will fit the DDdy, but not the other way around since the DDdy's waist is slimmer.

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Tsubasa126

I'm thinking whether to get a DDII or wait for DDIII...

LordNoir

Yeah, I'm thinking around the same right now as well Tsubasa126.

Ichiko hasn't been getting along well with my resin boys, so another girl would probably be a very good idea. *le sigh* Get another DDII, or DDdy or wait for a DDIII or DDS. >.<' Then head become an issue too.. and characters.. XD then there's the question of if I should just save for an Event/Lottery doll instead. So many possibilities!

A crazy fool with a house full of dolls, and ponies, and pony dolls

Now an Official Dealer for SQ Lab!

Tsubasa126
Yeah, I'm thinking around the same right now as well Tsubasa126.

Ichiko hasn't been getting along well with my resin boys, so another girl would probably be a very good idea. *le sigh* Get another DDII, or DDdy or wait for a DDIII or DDS. >.<' Then head become an issue too.. and characters.. XD then there's the question of if I should just save for an Event/Lottery doll instead. So many possibilities!

I think I'm going to get a DDII body soon since I need it for the DD head I have sitting in the box for a while.

But I'm also planning to pre-order one of the Sabers too. It's going to be a tough call for me, since I'm on a tight budget~ (^^;; )

MikoAkiko23

Hmmm.....I like the Dollfie Dream Dyamite....the bust is bigger and the body has more curves. Its perfect for the character I have in mind xDD

Check out my Flickr account for pics of my random artwork: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikoakiko23/sets/72157627987461066/

Hopefully I should have pics of a first daughter by next year ^^

Talolili

Does anyone know if the DD3 body can sit like the Dynamite body? It's hard for me to explain it. It's like sitting with the legs folded away from you. I hope that makes sense, it was a big deal when the Dynamite body first came out.

Talolili

Thanks Mitsuki not exactly like that though. Maybe I can find some pics of someone sitting like that to post here. Edit: I've tried it with my DDII body but it's always falling over or not holding the pose well.

5834945549_10c9a5a80a.jpg

Talolili

Thanks Mitsuki that's pretty much it. The pose doesn't come out well on my DD Neris so I thought the DDIII body would be an improvement, it looks good so far.

MikoAkiko23

Hmm I still prefer the DDdy only because I like my girl to have assets but so the DDIIIis more....how you say posable than the DDdy?

Check out my Flickr account for pics of my random artwork: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikoakiko23/sets/72157627987461066/

mitsuki

Yes, the DDIII is more poseable than the DDdy. I love the look of both of them. I don't mind the DDdy being less poseable. It is so cute just the way it is.

Tensei

I didn't see it mentioned, so I'll add something else to this: DDIII has bigger hands. So the hands from DDII (which is all they have on the market) don't fit as well D:

6283153852_5ef0d48074.jpg

Photo by seitensei, on Flickr

The hole on the DD2-H-03 Hand is smaller than the DD3 default hand.

6283157522_fb5533159d.jpg

Photo by seitensei, on Flickr

As a result, there is a bit of the internal frame showing on Eia's arm.

Saluli

this is troublesome.

I need to order more hands for Beato. And would get some hands for Sabers. but... their hands will be different?

So, the DDII hands are smaller than DDIII. If volks release DDIII hands, will they look good on DDII?

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

Tensei

The hole on the hand is smaller with the DDII- So, it might be different with DDIII hands on DDII. I would test, but I don't have another doll to test with.

MikoAkiko23

So this means once the new head and body are released they would become the new defaults on the Volks USA site? Hmm....what about the older heads like 01-04 would they be able to fit on the DDIII body? I was thinking of getting a 04 head for one of my daughters and waiting for the DDIII body and the 06 head for my other daughter I'm thinking of making but she will have a DDdy body.

Suzuna

The heads are totally interchangeable with all the bodies. It looks like the hands still FIT, just not as perfectly as before. Me, I wouldn't be adverse to sanding the hand open a bit so it could fit. Not sure how others feel about it, though!

fenrir z78

Try to push the hand in all the way. There is a small lip that it is hanging on. It will fit.