Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

aeris

Resin dolls anybody?

leitan

Honestly it didn't take me any time at all to warm up to her. She's awesome.

that's awesome! i'm so glad you like her despite the skintone thing. i am actually expecting my 2nd AoD doll soon, an 1/4 Bing Shen. she'll probably be like a cousin to be my Yuki. even though i didn't know if i liked Yuki at first, she's my favorite doll now, i like her as much or more than my favorite DDs.

that said, though i am a huge fan of AoD dolls and their artists, i have had 2 pretty bad experiences with their customer service (buying directly from their website), if anything it might be better that you went to ebay and got a dealer there. for all i know the ebay dealers have better CS. i won't go into the problems i've had w/ them unless asked, but basically i feel like i don't want to buy from them after Bing Shen arrives despite how much i like many of their sculpts.

someone told me about the company Doll-Love who are a sister company to AoD, they have completely different CS but i think they might share some artists or be related somehow. their dolls do look similar to AoD dolls. as an example, this is their SD Yueyong: http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/item_details.php?BJD=3217&name=Yueyong&DOLL=YES (BTW - if you live in the US you should definitely consider buying from Mint On Card. they are temporarily closed for a couple days right now but they're a good, non-ebay doll dealer who can help you out)

you might want to check them out if you like AoD then. i think they run the same price range as AoDs. i can also recommend you some other BJD companies where you can get a doll for under $300 if you are interested, since you said price is the big issue. i agree ABJD pricing seems so reasonable when compared to DDs.

oh, and my Yuki is REALLY tightly strung too, the one thing i dislike about them is they are not the most flexible due to how they are strung. of course you can restring them but that is a pain and i hate doing it, so i haven't.

anyway, good luck with Alice. post some pics here in this thread when you can, i'd love to see.

-also, if anyone in this thread would like an invite to Den of Angels (the largest ABJD forum on the web), i have some invite codes i can give out, just send me a PM about it-

blueboy57

As requested here's a photo of my new bjd. She's an AOD Meng Li and her name is Alice

7827833204_063811b17b.jpg

Alice 008 by blueboy57ic, on Flickr

Please forgive the messy background. I'm limited on where I can take pictures right now. And I know my camera work isn't the greatest but I've only had this camera for like 4 hours now lol.

Can you guess the pokemon sitting in her lap? lol

and if you care to look at more pictures of her http://www.flickr.com/photos/blueboy57/with/7827817740/#photo_7827817740

DD Family: Kara (Power Girl) HDD-02 & DDDyIII

Pacino_83

@Max Archer: I been looking at Feeple 65 girls now. They are beautiful.

Parting with my lovely ladies.

Ara

I just want to show of my newest girl...I'm so in love with her

kTF7k.jpg

a4Cw0.jpg

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

leitan

blueboy57, i love Alice's wig! and i noticed her cute little "A" pendant too... it is funny because i made one for my AoD doll which has the initials "YJ" (Yoon Ji is my doll's name). AoD owners thinking alike!

my power level is too low to guess the Pokemon, but i hope you learn to use your fast and take some more snaps of her. also i spy that AoD cushion in the background ^^

Ara, your girl is amazing. what company/sculpt is she? i love it.

Ara

@Leitan:

She's a SOOM SO Beryl in Brown Tan.

She was first released in...2008/2009? in white skin with Hooves and Horns.

They had waaaaay later a Special Order in normal skin, completely human, and Free Choice Order with Normal and Bronze Skin and Fantasy Parts.

The Brown Tan was a recent Special Order and there were only 50 available.

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

leitan

ara - thanks for the info. i love dolls with brown (or any unusual- for dolls i mean, not by RL standards) skin color, so you're so lucky! so many companies only offer tan as a special, it makes me sad. pale skin is beautiful (see: my love for Rei) but when every doll is pale it gets very monotonous (again, saying this as someone with a lot of pale dolls and a penchant for Rei...). so i just adore your girl!

i actually have a soom rosette but i rarely see soom dolls outside the rosette line that i find as lovely as yours.

~edit~ may as well post most recent photo of my soom rosette, she is a muse armeria~

7857434220_633ea1eb2d.jpg

Q by ___rei, on Flickr

kymaera
I been looking at Feeple 65 girls now. They are beautiful.

Do it! They're gorgeous.

Here's some temptation for you to buy one...just got in a new dress for Yuki:

yip7.jpg

yip10.jpg

yip8.jpg

leitan

she looks stunning! is that dress OOAK or available somewhere? ~i don't have a 65cm doll but i wouldn't mind something similar~

blueboy57

my power level is too low to guess the Pokemon, but i hope you learn to use your fast and take some more snaps of her. also i spy that AoD cushion in the background ^^

it's Munna lol. I wanted a Snivy...but apparently so did everyone else lol.

So my DD body finally came in and now I like Alice more than Power Girl. Like I'm not afraid to handle Alice, b/c she feels so sturdy but I'm afraid to even touch the DD body. But I like Alice so much that I'm already looking at new resin girls. Believe it or not they're even cheaper than AoD. I want to get an elf girl this time and I'm leaning toward the Resinsoul Ju...maybe Mei. Thinking of getting the lilac skin and a white wig to make her a Drow. And the best thing about DDE is they have layaway options.

Anybody have a resinsoul girl? I'd love to hear your opinions on them.

Ara

ara - thanks for the info. i love dolls with brown (or any unusual- for dolls i mean, not by RL standards) skin color, so you're so lucky! so many companies only offer tan as a special, it makes me sad. pale skin is beautiful (see: my love for Rei) but when every doll is pale it gets very monotonous (again, saying this as someone with a lot of pale dolls and a penchant for Rei...). so i just adore your girl!

I loooove tan skin, no matter if pale or really dark (some day I want to have a Kamau in ebony from Iplehouse).

I have a whole world based on the game chess, I have the black figures and all of them are tan skin.

My girlfriend has the white figures with completely white dolls

So next to my four "normal" dolls I have seven in tan and still need at least three to complete my characters (still need the Knight, Rook and a sidecharacter).

Anybody have a resinsoul girl? I'd love to hear your opinions on them.

We have one of the big girls, a Charisma (which you nowadays can only buy on the Bobobie site, but Resinsoul = Bobobie) and I have handled a lot of other BBBs and RS dolls.

They are usually very loose strung when they arrive, to avoid damage during shipping, their resin is very light and has a plastic like touch to them. The bodies are...well, okay. Not very defined, very simple and with better strings and a sueding they can actually pose okay-ish.

They don't have any seamlines though and their colors are usually very sturdy i.e. they don't change color easily.

Our Charisma however arrived already with a yellowed body (old white skin) and a brand new head, so since we own her she has this heavy mismatch going on. They didn't want to change the body though back then, even though something like this is unacceptable.

However, her absolute paper white head hasn't changed colors at all during...nearly four years now. Same for her yellowed white body. Her Husband, a limited Soom Heliot from the first release, keeps on yellowing since we got him. Oh well

That's her, she belongs to my girlfriend and is the wife of her white Knight:

DlCwP.jpg

A friend of mine has also a lilac/purple Mei as drow girl

( Layla)

The lilac/purple is a more of a grayish purple though.

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

littlebearries

The newest Resin kid around here:

Coraline:

7881721908_62c27982e9_z.jpg

She's a custom tanned, custom faceup Lati Yellow Miel

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

Pacino_83

Wow, Kymaera, she is beautiful. I really love how much time they put into their faces and make up.

Parting with my lovely ladies.

blueboy57

Just thought I'd upload some more pics of Alice. Especially with her new Transformer pajama pants...made by yours truly lol. And I just ordered a Resinsoul Ju in Deep Grey from Featherfall...so my doll family is growing

7898467084_0f19b0d2c9_c.jpg

Alice 014 by blueboy57ic, on Flickr

leitan

blueboy, she's just too cute!

nice choice with the gray skintone on your Resinsoul too. i love gray skin on dolls. i have two tips for you if you want- assuming you live in USA, JunkySpot sells a lot of "already in stock" Resinsoul and Bobobie dolls, and they ship fast. Then there are the other US dealers Mint on Card and Denver Doll Emporium who have a great selection of pre-order dolls and often have discounts and events.

since you are getting into resin dolls, would you like to be invited to Den of Angels? i am able to give you a friend code, but inactive accounts are purged just forewarning you. it is a great resource for resin dolls, they have an entire section with guides for new doll owners, and you are even allowed to discuss Dollfie Dreams and Obitsu there too.

the forum has its downsides, which is why i like to come here too- but if you want one just let me know!

blueboy57
blueboy, she's just too cute!

nice choice with the gray skintone on your Resinsoul too. i love gray skin on dolls. i have two tips for you if you want- assuming you live in USA, JunkySpot sells a lot of "already in stock" Resinsoul and Bobobie dolls, and they ship fast. Then there are the other US dealers Mint on Card and Denver Doll Emporium who have a great selection of pre-order dolls and often have discounts and events.

since you are getting into resin dolls, would you like to be invited to Den of Angels? i am able to give you a friend code, but inactive accounts are purged just forewarning you. it is a great resource for resin dolls, they have an entire section with guides for new doll owners, and you are even allowed to discuss Dollfie Dreams and Obitsu there too.

the forum has its downsides, which is why i like to come here too- but if you want one just let me know!

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I was going to order from Denver Doll Emporium, but they wouldn't switch to a double jointed body. Then I saw a youtube video of some girl reviewing her lilac skin Mei that she got from featherfall. I asked her about it and looked into it. Featherfall has some sort of deal with Resinsoul apparently b/c they have a couple of skin tones that DDE and JS don't have (dark grey and dark chocolate). Plus they even have some exclusive sculpts from RS. Featherfall just had more options. Like the upgrade to the double jointed body for only 10 bucks more. And since I want Ju to be a Drow, I went with the dark grey. They even put a note on the order that I asked for red eyes if possible. So they're pretty cool. She ended up being just over 200 with shipping so I still feel like I did pretty good lol.

And thanks for the invite to DoA offer, but I actually already am a member. I asked someone else from here for an invite a while ago. I'm already halfway to my needed post count for marketplace access. I actually just posted an arrival thread for Alice a couple days ago on there.

Jezrah

Oh that's interesting about Featherfall. But if you upgrade to the double jointed body, do they give you the regular one or the slim one? Because I'd prefer the slim one. I also read that they're shutting that store down at the end of this year Now I have to make a faster decision...

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

blueboy57

Yeah I'm not entirely sure which body it will be lol. Guess I probably should have asked that. I hope its the mature one, b/c for me having a prepubescent looking girl kinda creeps me out lol.

klein

7868989108_c833f0581b.jpg

My newest addition, another Lati Yellow. I hate to admit it but this one may have eclipsed the others and have become the favorite already ^^;

6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg

My Flickr - Pullip_junk; For list of my DD see my profile

littlebearries
7868989108_c833f0581b.jpg

My newest addition, another Lati Yellow. I hate to admit it but this one may have eclipsed the others and have become the favorite already ^^;

Who is this one?

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

neurocidic

I don't have any pictures at hand (I need to take some new ones) - but I have a LW Mihael (Ruin), Dollshe Saint (head only)(Dewinter Fitzgerald), and a Resinsoul Pixiu in grey skin (no name yet).

blueboy57

Just thought it was worth mentioning that I just bought a WS ResinSoul Mei on DoA. I'd imagine she'll be here sometime this week or next week. If you don't know she has elf ears, though not as big as the Ju I ordered. Her name is going to be Lyria after my first Dragon Age character. Keeping with that theme, she'll have reddish hair and I'm talking with someone about commissioning her some rogue armor. I think this is going to be my last doll....til next year lol.

miu003.jpg

^that's the faceup...not sure If I really like the beauty mark, but given time I'm sure it'll grow on me lol. I can't complain though, I basically paid retail for a brand new doll with a free custom face-up. I'm stoked